Sixteen

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun slowly walked down from the stairs that he had previously stood on. For this one moment, he had decided to pull down his ego and go back to Oh Sehun, Soojin's best friend.

Soojin's shoulders trembled as she softly cried, he could see it. Her quiet sniffles and sobs were loud enough to capture Sehun's attention. He couldn't deny that he wanted to pull her into a hug and comfort her, but he knew he didn't have the right to. What Minho said had pierced his heart, making him feel like the biggest jerk that had ever lived on earth. Everything that his brother-in-law said was true, except for one thing, Sehun had never stopped caring. Sure he stopped for a certain amount of time, but he, himself, didn't even realize when he had started to care for her once again.

Sehun nervously sighed and took another step forward, standing a couple of feet behind his wife number one. "Are you okay?" He tried asking in his softest voice possible, but now it almost seemed foreign.

Soojin's eyes widened when she heard his voice. She immediately wiped her tears and turned around to face him. She was the type that would be bawling but insisted that she was fine. "I-I'm fine," her voice trembled.

Sehun slightly gulped, "Who was at the door?" But he knew the answer.

Soojin shook her head, "N-No one. Just the... the uh, the newspaper guy. It was the newspaper guy." Sehun made a noise between a chuckle and a scoff. He knew one thing for sure, her lying skills had not improved over the years, at least not infront of him, "You're still the same..." he mumbled to himself with a small smile.

"What?" she asked.

Sehun shook his head, "Nothing" he said.

The duo shifted around in awkwardness. Soojin had missed his company so much, she would never deny that. Sehun also couldn't deny that he had missed being in her presence. It wasn't the same, but it sure felt good.

"I-I'll go make some breakfeast" she stuttered out.

Sehun shook his head, "Don't bother. I'm going out today.... Boram's in bed and she kind of has a cold, would you mind looking after her?" he asked.

Her heart slightly shattered at seeing him worry about Boram, but nonetheless, she nodded, "Sure."

Sehun nodded, "I'll be going now."

Soojin also nodded. She watched as he grabbed his car keys and headed to the door. Her heart faltered a beat, "Sehun" she called his name. He turned back around and she gently smiled at him, "Bye" she whispered loud enough for him to hear.

Sehun didn't say anything, only a nod in return and he was out the door; even then, Soojin was content.

 

"No.... How can I?.... Haha you're so funny.... I know.... Cha-"

Soojin opened the door, cutting off Boram. The latter immediately fiddled with her phone and whispered into it as secretly as possible, "Hey I need to go. I'll call you later.... Ok, bye."

Soojin awkwardly entered the room and watched as Boram ended the call with the other person, "So, how are you doing? Sehun told me that you were sick."

Boram smiled, "It's just a little cold. Nothing to worry about.... Uh, how are you? Is everything okay?"

Soojin sat at the end of the bed and softly smiled, "I'm fine." "What happened? You know we can help."

"I-I know. I just-I um-I kind of was just shocked about... certain happenings."

Boram furrowed her eyesbrows. "Tell me the truth Soojin.... Someone did it, didn't they? The scars and bruises, someone tried hurting you."

Soojin shook her head, "W-What are you talking about? N-No. Nob-ody did a-anything."

"You're stuttering. Sehun tells me that you stutter a lot when you're trying to lie," she softly smiled, "He's right.... I promise I won't tell anybody Soojin, at least not as of the moment.... Someone tried laying their hands on you, am I right?"

Soojin gazed at her, "How did you know?" She softly asked.

Boram shrugged, "Takes one to know one."

Soojin's eyes softened, "You were also harrassed?"

"Well that person tried to, he didn't get far..." she smiled, "... because he showed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter