Chapter 7

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[CONTENTID1]It felt like a dream; a long lasting nightmare that no one could deny how surreal it felt like. If people said that feeling the death itself was better than watching the person that we loved die, it seemed like there was no wrong in that.

 

 

A light drizzle of rain fell over from the dark sky. Its color mirroring the sadness and anguish upon every faces and hearts of people who had lost someone dear to them.

 

 

The funeral took place at the Soon Chun Hyang University Hospital near Seunghyun's villa in UN Village, Hannam-Dong. The preparation went out smoothly without any disturbance and thus it was not a wonder if the visitors had came earlier than expected that morning to give their last respect to the late Lee Seunghyun.

 

 

It was countless how many times they had been to a funeral. First was Daesung's, following by Seungri's mother and now the younger himself. Jiyong felt like it had became their habit which Youngbae disagreed to it. Youngbae told him that death happened for a reason and the time was not important but Jiyong doubted that words from his best friend. He knew that deep inside Youngbae's mind, the blonde-Mohawk might have the same thought too.

 

 

The people who attended the funeral were Seungri's friends which he had successfully bonded with during his living. Thanks to the maknae's cheerfulness and his 'business talks' he gained many friends who accepted his friendship willingly. Seungri's strong connection was proven in that exact moment as the people who came to give their last respect to the younger were surprisingly many and had a quite high influences in different fields.

 

 

They came in group or in person, lighted the incense and bowed to the picture then they did the same towards Seungri's family who were standing beside the table with the coarse mat below their feet. After they had bowed and uttered their condolences, they left the room and made their way to the funeral hall to fill their stomach.

 

 

A few of them recognized the members and they exchanged greetings between each other accompanied by some supporting words from them, asking for Big Bang to stay strong upon the loss of another member. Seunghyun and Youngbae forced a smile in return just to be polite but Jiyong was a different story. He didn't even bat an eyelash on them. The leader was too indulged in his own world.

 


After the number of visitors had lessened finally the remained Big Bang members entered the room; wearing all black similar to their eye bags. The three of them stood before the picture with the black ribbon on it and Jiyong wished that he could just break the frame and tore the picture apart. It shouldn't be his maknae, it should be someone else who Jiyong didn't give a damn about. His heart was broken to pieces and his mind was screaming out loud but his body demanded him to be silent. Looking at the smiling Seungri in the picture shattered his remained heart and soul to nothingness.

 

 

Youngbae was at the front; the only one who they believed still had the last string of sanity left in him. He burned the incenses and stuck them to the brazier, then all three of them bowed together to the picture of their dead maknae. When Jiyong lifted back his head, his eyes met Seungri's in the picture. A slight smile made its way to the leader's face when he saw the tint of happiness in those mesmerizing eyes.

 

 

But the smile didn't last long. His poor brain just had to tell him that Seungri was gone, his maknae was dead and would never come back to him again. A pang of guilt and sorrow harshly made its way to Jiyong's heart; scarring it without mercy.

 

 

Jiyong felt numb for the second time of the day. He couldn't move as if his legs were pinned to the floor. If it was not for Youngbae, Jiyong would probably had stood there all day like a mannequin.

 

 

They did another bow to Seungri's family; his father and his sister Han Na. Youngbae and Seunghyun gave some comforting words to the man and a little pat on the head for Han Na to encourage her. The young girl was crying like no tomorrow, no sobs were heard but only an idiot couldn't see how terrible she looked like.

 

 

Jiyong smirked sickly watching it. She was the one who had the gut to insult Seungri, throwing insults to her own brother and hit him until the poor panda got admitted into the hospital for a brain concussion yet now she was the one with a pair of red eyes beating her own father's.

 

 

Jiyong wanted to yell at her; slapped her hard on the face because she was one of them who'd crushed Seungri's spirit and gave him those harsh words without knowing how it had hurt the maknae. However, knowing that she was Seungri's sister and they were in the memorial room with Seungri's body laid motionless behind the table, Jiyong dismissed that thought.

 

 

After another round of comforting, the 3 members walked out from the room and made their way to the hall with heavy hearts. Upon their arriving, the people in there gave them the eyes of pity and there were some who smile to them as if telling the boys that it would be fine.

 

 

But no, nothing would be fine. They were far from being fine.

 

 


"Jiyong-ah."

 

 

From behind Jiyong someone was calling him. He turned his body around and Jiyong was instantly pulled to a warm embrace of a timid body that was drawing circles on his back to comfort him and just by the smell of cologne, Jiyong could tell who it was.

 

 

The comforting hug was broken away and Bom flashed her smile towards Jiyong but the dragon could see the red puffy eyes of her showing that she also had a hard time. At her back, Jiyong saw Sandara who seemed like could fall any moment with the WINNER boys right behind her alongside Tablo and his family including some YGE staff.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter