Chapter 11

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]*knock knock*

Ugh,,... hello? Anyone there?

God, you don't know how much I miss you guys.. >< It has been a quite hectic year for me with all those exams and homeworks adn studying. /sigh/ It's tough... T___T
And I'm finally here now! Finishing this in 2 days!~ WOW! New record!! xD
Truthfully, I'm sorry for all the neglience on my stories. I am really sorry and I hope all of you haven't walk away from me yet ... *wink wink*
hihi hope that won't happen ok? (chase you with dagger if you did) ^^'

Now, for my grand comeback~~ (as if) I'm presenting new chapter!! Hope you guys love it...

Enjoy~~

 

 

 

 

It was almost midnight when Youngbae came back home to Seunghyun’s villa. He looked fresh yet the tiresome was still visible on his face. He walked towards his bedroom passing through the vast living room of his hyung with his mind being preoccupied with other things until he didn’t realize the figure on the couch that was patiently waiting for his return.

 

 

“You are late.”

 

 

With only those 3 words Youngbae stumbled backward in shock. He didn’t notice the dark figure since the light in the room was dimmed. When Youngbae crunched his eyes then he could see Seunghyun sitting leisurely on the coach with the equal tiresome flashed on his flawless face.

 

 

“Hyung, sorry I didn’t see you there.”

 

 

Seunghyun shrugged it off and gave his small smile to Youngbae. The younger of the two could see how tired Seunghyun was to even argue with him. ‘Something might have happened’ was what he thought.

 

 

Youngbae glanced around him. He furrowed his eyebrows when he couldn’t hear anything at all. The house was too quite unlike any other days when it was noisy with voice of someone wailing or screaming out loud in frustration accompanied by a few flying things around the house.

 

 

“Hyung, where’s Jiyong?” Questioned Youngbae to Seunghyun while his eyes still roaming through the room looking for the said person. Though it was dark, Youngbae still could see how clean and calm the house looked like which was quite rare since they had an unofficial Incredible Hulk in the house.

 

 

“Where do you think he would be? Of course in his room...” Answered Seunghyun nonchalantly with his tired voice and a glass of red wine in his hand. Since when he hold that glass even Youngbae had no idea.

 


“Sleeping?” Youngbae was flustered with the fact that Jiyong was asleep in this kind of hour. As far as he knew, Jiyong had never slept this early.

 


“I don’t know. He locks himself since this afternoon. I have been knocking for 100th of times but he still won’t answer me. God knows what he’s been up to in there.” Twirling the glass in his hand, Seunghyun decided to tell Youngbae half of the truth that he knew.

 

 

Of course, Seunghyun knew exactly what Jiyong had been doing in his room. He was certain that the wrecking of emotions dragon was trying to reach Seungri using the application that Seunghyun sent to him. The process was slow and took a while but Seunghyun didn’t tell that to Jiyong because he didn’t want to break the dragon’s spirit and hope that he had planted on him. Seunghyun thought that it would be better if Jiyong knew it by himself rather than be told to.

 

 

Seunghyun didn’t tell Youngbae about the application because he knew what would be the blonde’s reaction. Youngbae would say that he was crazy and started to be scared of him. Well, it was not everyday that you will meet people who told you that they could talk with a dead person after all. Seunghyun thought that it would be better if it was only him and Jiyong who knew about it though he doubted the latter would break the story soon to his best friend.

 

 

“Has he eaten?” The frown on the blonde’s face was getting deeper but not as deep as before. Yet Seunghyun could see the flash of worrisome in Youngbae’s eyes.

 

 

“Last time I saw him eat was this morning. After taking some fresh air outside, he went straight into his room and locked himself again.” Seunghyun told Youngbae that as he ditched the part where the leader and him had a conversation about Seungri. Seunghyun admitted that his acting skill was pretty satisfying but he could not hide the anxiety that he felt whenever he lied to somebody; especially to Youngbae because the latter was a sharp-minded person and always could see through each members.

 

 

Seunghyun took a sip of his wine to calm his nerves down but before the hot liquid could enter through his lips, he stopped and stared at the back of Youngbae who was walking towards his bedroom. Seunghyun was expecting for the younger to make his way towards Jiyong’s room; checking on the leader and comforted him just like what he had always been doing all these times since the tragedy but it looked like there was an unexpected changes tonight. Putting the glass down, Seunghyun stood up from his comfy couch and called for him,

 

 

“Aren’t you going to check on him first?” Hearing those words, Youngbae stopped dead on his track. With slouched shoulders, he turned his head towards Seunghyun and gave him a weak and sad smile while saying,

 

 

“I’m quitting on that, hyung.” Then he retreated back to his own room leaving the dumbfounded Seunghyun alone.

 

 

 

 

 

It was an understatement if Youngbae said that he was not worried about Jiyong. Truthfully, he was feeling devastated over the broken leader but Youngbae himself was too tired to care anymore. He was exhausted watching all of the dramas unfolding in front of their eyes one after another.

 

 

After the incident of Jiyong slipping the table knife under his blanket, Youngbae had decided that he had reached his limit. That he had enough of all the crushed Jiyong’s game on him. Youngbae knew that it was inappropriate of him to leave his best friend during his hard time but he himself couldn’t stand it anymore. If Jiyong needed helped, then so did Youngbae.

 

 

As the dancer lying on his bed facing the ceiling, he had his mind refreshing back the conversation that he had with Bom that evening....

 

 

≈FLASHBACK≈

 

 

“Jiyong did what?!”

 

 

Youngbae closed his eyes in nervousness and both of his hands automatically made an up and down motion to calm the woman down. He knew that Bom’s reaction would be that outrageous but he didn’t blame her because anyone who had learned about the news would be having the same reaction like her –or worse-.

 

 

“Keep it down, noona. I don’t want anyone to know about this.”

 

 

Bom gave an apologetic look to Youngbae and tried to gather herself back before asking more from Youngbae with a much lower voice,

 

 

“When? How? And why would he do that?”

 

 

Thus Youngbae proceeded on telling her everything that had happened the day before while trying to keep their voices as low as possible. The recording room might be quiet and the CCTV didn’t record any sound but they still needed to be alert at all times. Luckily all of the boys and Lee Hi had left the room about half an hour ago because obviously, the kids didn’t have to know about it.

 

 

After Youngbae had finished telling the whole story to Bom, the mannequin-like woman was giving him the most terrified expression that she had ever gave to him. In the corner of her eyes, Youngbae could see a small glint of tears but Bom hardly tried to control her emotions.

 

 

As she was still in shocked hearing the news, both of them were silent until Bom spoke up, “Ji-Jiyong tried to ... kill himself.” It came out like a whisper in Youngbae’s ears but audible enough for him to catch. Though he didn’t know whether it came out as a question or just a statement.

 

 

With a pale face and shaking hands, Bom tried to calm her racing heartbeat down and they continued their conversation,

 

 

“How is he now, Youngbae? Is Jiyong alright?” Asked Bom with concerned in her voice.

 

 

“I don’t know noona. He- He’s so messed up. I don’t even know what to do anymore.” Youngbae ran his fingers over his hairs in frustration. The simple action worried Bom more when she could see clearly how Jiyong’s condition was affecting him and the whole group.

 

 

“Hyung and I; both of us have been doing our best to get him out from his depression. But it doesn’t work. He keeps mourning and crying over and over again for Seungri and yesterday I was beyond terrified to see him doing such a stupid thing. I don’t know, he is losing it and I can’t accept the fact that I’m losing my best friend. T-this is... too much.”

 

 

Youngbae couldn’t hold in the feelings anymore. He put his hand on his mouth to suppress the sobs from coming out. He was crying and Bom was feeling more than sorry for him. She could only on his back to ease Youngbae up.

 

 

“I’m so sorry, Youngbae. I didn’t know about this. If only I could do something to help all of you, to help Jiyong.” Said Bom with her hands kept drawing circles on Youngbae’s back. She knew that she couldn’t do much but she hoped that at least her small action would appease Youngbae’s heart.

 

 

Both of them stayed in that position for a few minutes until Youngbae had calmed down from his breakdown. Bom offered him his drink and he took it gladly. With one gulp of the cold drink, Youngbae managed to keep his mind straight back.

 

 

“Look Youngbae, I know that I didn’t do much to help you guys and I am very sorry for that. But, you need to remember this; you are strong. And so does Seunghyun and Jiyong. All of these bad things that are happening are just one of the ways to test your faith and friendship. Yes the pain is surreal, I know it because I’ve been there before but trust me, the pain will not last. In the end of the road, all of you will find the light that can bring back your happiness like before.” Bom spoke the words from the deep of her heart with her eyes staring straight into Youngbae’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter