Chapter 20

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1] I have a mental breakdown yesterday. :/ I thought it was only during exam but even after... /sigh/

Anyway, here's the 20th~

 

 


 

Youngbae had lost count on how many times he had been running along the hall of a hospital. This time however his heart was about to explode and his body was reaching its limit. The lack of sleep and the jet lag were burdening his body but his mind was on unrest; just like how his erratic heart was beating at the moment.

 

 

He received the news from his manager about 2 hours ago. The first thought that crossed his mind at that time was that he was relieved Korea hadn’t received the news about Seunghyun’s accident yet. Without thinking much Youngbae ran from the headquarters to the airport, booked any plane tickets available and waited for about 40 minutes before he aboard the first plane to Japan that morning.

 

 

A few turns here and there through the halls and he saw Seunghyun’s manager waiting impatiently in front of the surgery room. He heaved out a sigh of relief and Youngbae returned his hug in a comforting way to ease the man up. Just by looking at his face from the distance Youngbae could see how troubled and worried he was.

 

 

Youngbae thus waited for the door to be opened alongside Sean and a female staff from YG who came along with them and Seunghyun’s manager. It was around noon when the door opened and a woman wearing a green clothes and mask covering her face came out. They approached the doctor and heard what she had to say with their limited knowledge of Japanese language before the female staff carefully translated it for them.

 

 

How Youngbae wished for him not to listen to her words at that time.

 

 

“Seunghyun-shii is badly injured. His back is heavily burned because of the spotlight. They have removed the tiny shards of glass from the back of his head and body but the injuries and the burns are fatal. He said the possibility for him to survive is low.” The female staff translated the doctor’s words to them with her body shaking and her breath hitched multiples of times trying to hold herself up.

 

 

Youngbae felt how his knees wobbled and the cold sweats dripped from his forehead although the room was not even close to warm. He managed to drag his body to the nearest chair and plopped down on it lifelessly. No tears were able for him to shed anymore. The reality was harsher than he thought it could be.

 

 

For the next few minutes, only Sean and the manager stayed behind to hear more from the doctor with the staff as their translator. Youngbae had no strength left to even cry nor utter a word or two. His mind was dead and his entire system was in chaos. Everything that happened was so hard to take in. The simple thought of Seunghyun hurting was unbearable for Youngbae to accept. The older was the last string for Youngbae and Jiyong to hold on and if Seunghyun gone too, there would be nothing left for them and BIGBANG.

 

 

The thoughts of Seunghyun leaving them was frightening Youngbae out. Losing the older was the last thing he wanted in his life. They had stayed together for a long time already and considered each other more than members; they were family and Youngbae swore with all of his heart that he wouldn’t lose another family again, not after what had happened to Daesung and Seungri.

 

 

Not even when the doctor left Youngbae said anything nor stood up to bow like the others. Sean came closer to him and patted his shoulder encouragingly giving courage to Youngbae. He muttered a few comforting words to him but Youngbae couldn’t hear it at all. His soul was flying above the cloud and his body had never felt lighter. But when the name of Yang Hyun Suk reached his ears, Youngbae jolted up and took the phone from Sean that was given to him. Gulping the lump down his throat he put the phone closer to his ear to hear the other person.

 

 

“Youngbae-ah, are you okay? Hold on, I’m coming to Japan now.” The voice reached his eardrum and Youngbae could only nod his head although he knew that the CEO couldn’t even see him. But Yang Hyun Suk hung up with a ‘hold on’ nonetheless. The thing that Youngbae was able to do at the moment was only wait.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He easily unlocked the phone lock of Seunghyun with only one try. Youngbae had known Seunghyun for years and he knew how Seunghyun hated remembering hard things thus his phone pattern lock had never been too hard to figure out.

 

 

He explored the elder’s phone hoping to find anything that could lead him to the accident or even anything strange that involved Seunghyun. He knew that he should stop thinking bad about him but still his instinct was urging on him to check on it nevertheless.

 

 

He stayed unmoving on the chair while Sean and the others were busied listening to the police officer that had just arrived a few minutes ago. Although Youngbae’s Japanese was not as good as Seungri or Daesung, it was far more decent than Jiyong and Seunghyun. He could still understand a few words spoken by the officer and so far his ears had managed to pick up words such as short circuit and maintenance problems. He heard how the officer stressed on saying that there was no sabotage and such.  

 

 

He snickered silently wanting to believe in the officer’s words and he did but he knew better that it was not something that was done by any normal person. He had the inkling that the same strange things that all YG Family experienced was happening to Seunghyun too. He tried to tell Sean about it but looking at how troubled he was Youngbae didn’t want to mess up his head more thereby he kept his silence and focused on the phone.

 

 

A sad smile lingered on his face for a while looking at Daesung’s photos in Seunghyun’s phone. He also stumbled upon a few of their photos together during the ALIVE Tour 3 years ago. Longing for the happy times they had struck Youngbae’s heartstrings. His thumb brushed on the screen and he suddenly felt scared of losing Seunghyun.

 

 

He then checked on the messages, missed calls and even Seunghyun’s Instagram account but he found nothing. Not giving up he opened the application history and found an estrange application that he had never seen before. He clicked on it and a black background appeared on the screen with a large red box on the center of it which read Call.

 

 

Youngbae frowned while his eyes stuck close to the screen. It was the first time ever he met such a dull and blank app. He wondered what the app was. Was it a new game Seunghyun was getting addicted too? When he remembered it back, Seunghyun had never left his phone and kept it with him always especially since a few months ago after Daesung’s death.

 

 

Curiosity got the best of him as he pressed the red box and the screen showed a contact information. However, all the details were empty including the phone number earning another deep frown from Youngbae. He put the phone on his ear but oddly he heard nothing at all. His ears tried to catch any sound from the speaker when suddenly loud buzzes attacked his eardrum until he felt like it was about to burst out. He put a distance between the phone and his ear before putting it close again. His heartbeat was calm but something was nudging at his conscience that whatever the things that he would encounter was not good.

 

 

The buzzes violently assaulted him when it stopped entirely leaving Youngbae in a time halt. Then he heard someone picking up the call but the only thing that was audible to Youngbae was a sound of someone’s breath. He wondered who was it that he was calling.

 

 

“Hello?” No answers.

 

 

“Hello? Who is this?” He tried to make a conversation but it was ignored. The line was silence except for the sound of someone breathing. An indescribable feeling creeping into his body but he brushed it away thinking that it was only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter