Chapter 17

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]I have a feeling that this is getting boring .... =.="
Which I really hope is not true. :3

Anyway, I'm not sure about my grammar in this chapter. I don't know if it's because of my Microsoft Words or it is really ME who is on trouble. T.T
So if anyone is kind enough please highlight the grammar for me... I'm worried about it and so far only boneofmysword is the only one here who willingly highlighted my grammar errors. Thumbs up girl! ;D

As promises, C17 here ;)
haha, sounds like CJ7? ^^'

 

 

 

 

 

Sitting alone in the far corner of the cafe was Jiyong dressed in his disguise to avoid people from recognizing him. Wearing the black long jacket and a black fedora Jiyong waited for someone patiently. Sometimes he would glance nervously at his wristwatch afraid if his friend forgot about their little reunion after years not meeting each other.

 

 

Sipping his hot tea Jiyong gave out a calm and lonesome vibe to others but no one could figure out what was inside of him. Jiyong knew that he had never been this scared or desperate in his entire life; not even when he had his countless broke up with his girlfriends from the past.

 

 

He was completely lost in thoughts while waiting for his friend to come. After the news of Ji Eun’s car accident and the dead trainee girl, Jiyong was been haunted by his dark thoughts constantly. His sudden lost in contact with Seungri was also bothering him to no end. He kept wondering what exactly was happening to Seungri and the people around him. His mind tried to make logic out of the drama but Jiyong decided to turn his back from the truth. He could not afford to breathe the air anymore if whatever the logic in his mind was real.

 

 

He was all aware that using the app would bring something sinister to him but the temptation was something that he could not fight himself. He hoped for the app and the strange things that were happening were unrelated. However, of course, he needed proof to satisfy the demon inside of him. Maybe this time, curiosity might kill Jiyong instead of the cat.

 

 

After about half an hour waiting, Jiyong was about to call his friend when from the corner of his eyes he saw someone familiar entering the cafe. Jiyong turned towards the main entrance direction and he saw his old friend frantically searching for him. His messy dark hair and the cap covering his face could never deceive Jiyong.

 

 

When Jiyong waved his hand to that man, he flashed his bright smile to him and approached Jiyong. “Woah, it was hard for me to come here. Luckily I have managed to convince my manager to let me slack of a bit.” Said the dark-haired man and he took the seat before Jiyong. He beamed to him and the latter returned his smile whole-heartedly. “It has been so long, Jiyong-ah. How have you been?”

 

 

“I’m fine, thank you for seeing me Deok Hwan hyung.” Jiyong smiled gratefully to his old friend; the actor Ryu Deok Hwan. The rapper tried to keep his smile on but it did not last long. The dark and disturbing thoughts came to terrorize his mind making his smile completely wiped out from his handsome face. Deok Hwan who noticed the changes in Jiyong’s expression became worried.

 

 

“What’s wrong with you? You look troubled. Is everything alright with work Jiyong?” The male actor asked him with concern laced in his words.

 

 

“It’s nothing with work, hyung. I’m doing well with what I have always been good at.” A small proud smile adorned Jiyong’s face but it did not convince Deok Hwan at all. He pulled his chair to the front and made himself comfortable before asking Jiyong, “Then, how are you feeling right now? Is everything okay with your gro-- “

 

 

“Actually, that is the reason why I’m calling for you to meet me here hyung. I need your help on something.” Jiyong cut Deok Hwan off when the latter had not even finished his words yet. Rather than felt offended, Deok Hwan however could see how serious and troubled the younger was just by looking at his eyes. From the big eye bags below Jiyong’s eyes, he knew that the young man whose was only a year younger than him had been through a hard time.

 

 

The waitress then came to their table to take Deok Hwan’s order. After choosing his drink, she walked away leaving them alone again. “I-I want to ask you something, hyung.” Jiyong whispered to Deok Hwan while his eyes nervously glancing around the cafe worried if there was anyone eavesdropping to their conversation although the cafe was less with customers in the morning.

 

 

“What is it?” Indulged in curiosity Deok Hwan asked him.

 

 

“Hyung, do you possibly know anything about... ghost?”

 

 

Deok Hwan was in dazed for a second. Allowing the question to sink slowly into his mind, he looked at Jiyong intently before he gave the younger a shy and awkward grin, “I-I don’t understand. Ghost? Is that really what you are asking to me?”

 

 

Jiyong let out a heavy sigh and quickly fixed his fedora when Deok Hwan’s drink arrived. He lifted his face again when they were once again in peace. “I know that I sound like an idiot right now but I really need your help on this. Please, just answer me.” Jiyong was even more desperate and if it were not because they were in public, he would not be whispering. He was quite sure that his voice would be 70 decibels higher than usual.  

 

 

Giving a mere seconds stares and meaningful silence Deok Hwan was thinking deeply with his arms crossed above his chest. His eyes were on Jiyong but at the same time, he was not looking at him. Jiyong could see how Deok Hwan was careful enough to answer him making Jiyong became hopeful again.

 

 

“I can’t say that I know about it much. As you can see, I’m not a religious person.” He answered Jiyong with his sly smirk etched on his face. Hope was crushed out from Jiyong but when Deok Hwan uncrossed his arms and sat straight, it gained Jiyong’s attention.

 

 

“But I know a few about them that you should pay attention to. Like how they try to speak to us or disturb us.” At that, Jiyong was on his full attention. “My grandmother once told me about spirits and ghosts when I was a child. She said that usually there would be a time where we would get those dreams about them. She told me that sometimes it was a sign from them; that they just want to talk to us. It can be either dreams or hallucination during daylight like we suddenly saw shadows, hear noises or feel someone is with us when we are all alone.” He stopped at that to drink his iced tea before Deok Hwan continued again,

 

 

“They do that simply because they miss us. They just want to visit us and comfort the people who are hurting because of their death. At first I don’t believe her but when she died, I had also experienced such things you know.” There was a sad smile lingering on his face as Deok Hwan dug on the memories between him and his beloved grandmother.

 

 

“Experienced what, hyung?” Jiyong asked him with his hands gripping his teacup.

 

 

“Well, my grandmother passed away when I was in high school. There was one time when I was rehearsing for one of my role in a drama when I could feel someone was watching me. It was strange because I was alone in the practice room. I also dreamed about her; twice. She was there with me, she gave me encouragement to continue my studies and career and she asked me to take care of my parents well. The dreams were short and vivid but I remembered it well.” Deok Hwan took another sip of his drink. From looking into his eyes, Jiyong could see the sadness in those eyes of his friend. Guilt came washed down to him for asking such a question.

 

 

“Anyway, that is a part of the story. However, she also told me that not all of the dreams that we have about the people who passed away are actually them. She said that sometimes it was not even them in the first place.” Hearing Deok Hwan’s words, Jiyong started to have goosebumps. His heart was beating erratically to hear the words from Deok Hwan.

 

 

“That we call them demon. Or devil something. Well, I don’t think I need to elaborate more about it. You sure know about it.” Nonchalantly Deok Hwan said before he finished his drink in one gulp. Without him knowing that his nonchalant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter