Chapter 18

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]I am sorry for the late update. I'm a bit busy with the wedding preparations and cleaning. Pardon me.... ^^' Anyway, this is the 18th one. Show more love juseyoooo!!!~~

And to all ToDae shippers, this chapter is specially presented to all of you. ;)

 

 

 

With a loud click sound from the sensor, Youngbae opened the door and entered Seunghyun’s villa at 7:00 in the morning. He threw his shoes carelessly to the side and walked towards the white couch in the living room lifelessly. The sound of keys hitting the glass table rang loudly breaking the tranquility of the air but Youngbae paid no heed to it. Seunghyun could just buy a new one if the glass scratched or even broken.

 

 

Fatigue was slowly eating him up. For the entire night, he and Yang Hyun Suk alongside a few staff from YG had been collecting information and searching for the person that had been causing chaos in the building. They looked through nook and cranny; from the CCTV, trainees and staff’s records. They even asked from the bodyguards that monitored the building if they had met anyone with strange behaviors before either from inside or outside of the building.

 

 

It was reaching midnight when they still had no clue about the perpetrator. Afraid if something bad might happen Yang Hyun Suk decided to call it a night and sent everybody home much to the staff delights. They had been fidgeting in distress for the night; worried what they might run into if they stayed longer in the building. Within just 3 minutes, the meeting room was cleared up and Youngbae bid his farewell to Yang Hyun Suk with a light pat on the old man’s back to lift up his mood.

 

 

All of the thoughts about the incident tormented his mind mercilessly. The more he thought about it, the more he realized that they were still in the dark and running out of time with the clock ticking by. Although with the lack of information, Youngbae himself was convinced that everything that happened was not just because of someone, but triggered by something as what he liked to call it. However, to prove his assumption was the hard task to do. He definitely could not just blame someone unexpectedly without knowing what was still going on entirely.

 

 

It felt like the whole world was against him on this. He had no choice but to put things aside for a while and think about himself. He lifted his body forcefully; all the muscles screamed from the pain and weariness. His throat was begging for water thus he walked to the kitchen to grab a drink before taking a shower.

 

 

He poured himself a glass of cold water when he heard it; a distant sound of something screeching on the floor. From the noise, he guessed that it was coming from the living room. Holding the glass in his hand, he took a slight peek to the massive living room from the doorframe only to see nothing insight. The darkness greeted him instead sending an unpleasant chill down his spine but he just brushed it off thinking that his mind was playing tricks on him.

 

 

He finished the drink in one gulp and placed the glass in the sink. When Youngbae came back to the living room to gather his keys, he noticed that it was gone. His eyes wandered around the room until it locked on the silver metals hanging on the key hooks beside the main door. How did it got there, Youngbae was utterly puzzled.

 

 

He was frightened and bewildered watching the keys swung from left to right although there were no winds blowing in the air. Even the air-conditioner was turned off and Youngbae knew that Seunghyun had never opened the windows except when his mother or his sister came to his house. Fear began to creep inside him with the unexplained coldness wrapping his entire body. Following his instincts, he grabbed the keys and hastily made his way towards his bedroom with his heart beating erratically.

 

 

However, before he could land one of his foot onto the staircase he heard a high pitching sound came from the kitchen. He stopped dead in his track and suddenly a smell of something burning filled his nostrils. Without thinking twice, Youngbae ran to the kitchen back and there he saw the kettle on the stove when he was absolutely sure that it was kept safely on the cupboard earlier. The deafening sound started to hurt his eardrums so he turned it off and put the kettle in the sink.

                                                       

 

He took a few steps back looking at the appliance in the sink as if it was somehow a ticking bomb. He was once again met with the silence and darkness only for it seemed to feel like he was not alone this time. Called it paranoia but Youngbae could feel a presence with him in the house. He prayed in his heart for God to save him and he quicken his pace towards the staircase but when the main door opened he eventually screamed; alarming Seunghyun who had just come back home.

 

 

“What the hell, Seunghyun?!” Youngbae was in rage until he dropped the honorific entirely and Seunghyun was not pleased hearing it at all. He was about to scold the younger but when the lights were on he stopped. Instead of getting angry, he was dumbfounded looking at Youngbae’s face. Seunghyun had never seen him that mad before with his eyebrows almost knitted together from the frown and the redness of his frantic eyes was visible enough to be seen. Even the paleness of his skin didn’t go unnoticed by Seunghyun.

 

 

All the anger was completely washed away from him replaced by deadly worries and wonders, “What happened to you, Bae? Why are you so pale?” Seunghyun was asking him but Youngbae only kept his silence. He walked down the stairs with hands gripping the handrail tightly until his knuckles turned white letting his weak legs dragged him to the couch. When he slumped his body against the comfy couch, Youngbae let out a heavy sigh to calm his heart down after the dreadful moment.

                       

 

“I’m fine, hyung. It’s just-- ….” He trailed off; unable to continue when the same fear started to creep into his bones once again. Even Seunghyun could feel the distress in his dongsaeng voice. He then took the seat across from Youngbae and inquired patiently, “What’s wrong? You look really troubled. Did something happen?”

 

 

Another intake of air and Youngbae managed to get himself back on the ground. His eyes fell on Seunghyun; glazed with thousands of questions whether he should tell the older about what had happened or not. There was his mind forcing on him to tell and ask him something that he initially wanted to say to Seunghyun before but his heart prompted on him to not doing it afraid if the older felt offended.

 

 

Youngbae thought maybe it wouldn’t hurt to try. If it could give him the answer to all of the things that happened, he should give it a chance. “I-I think, I was disturbed by s-something just now hyung.” Youngbae uttered the word. It felt like a lump formed in his throat making him unable to say it without stuttering in fear.

 

 

On contrast with Youngbae’s prediction, Seunghyun gave him a look showing that he didn’t believed him at all. The older of the two shook his head from the left to the right with a slight smirk on his face. How Youngbae felt like punching Seunghyun at the moment. “What? Come on not this again. I have heard this joke so many times Bae.” Seunghyun brushed Youngbae off as he let out a chuckle feeling amused with what he supposed to be a joke to him. He had been hearing it so many times whenever he went to the headquarters from their stylists.

 

 

“No hyung! This is not a prank or joke. I mean it! There is really something in here just now.” Youngbae tried to convince Seunghyun but the latter didn’t believe in his words. Instead he kept shaking his head in disbelief to the younger words. However, Youngbae was able to see the swirl of emotions in Seunghyun’s eyes despite the shaking of his head. It might be his paranoia again but he was certain that he saw fear in those orbs of his hyung. On what he was afraid of Youngbae didn’t know but he had an intuition on it.

 

 

“This is getting worse. I can’t let this continue on anymore. We need to find that person behind all of this as soon as possible.” Determination shined in Youngbae’s eyes the moment those words went out from his mouth. He had never been this serious before and he had made up his mind to end these supernatural chain once and for all. He was prompted on finding the perpetrator quickly while Seunghyun on the other hand was dumbstruck hearing his words. For some odd reason, he had a bad feeling on what Youngbae was saying.

 

 

“What did you say, Bae? Finding who?” He asked the younger whil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter