Chapter 6

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]First of all, I am so sorry for the cruelity but I have no choice.

Sorry kay? xD

It's been a long and hard day for me. Wish me well. :)

 

 

The long hours discussion was taking its toll on both Jiyong and Seunghyun. The first meeting was tiring enough and adding up with the second one with only them and the CEO himself was draining their whole energy.

 

 

Although fatigue was eating their body and mind, both Jiyong and Seunghyun tried their best to keep their composure on the soft armchairs which had turned their buttocks stiff and sore.

 

 

Yang Hyun Suk was busy discussing with Jiyong regarding his next schedule while Seunghyun watched both of them intently from beside the leader. The longer the time passed by, Seunghyun was swept away into his own world; detaching himself from whatever important matters that both CEO and his golden boy were talking about.

 

 

During the hours that he spent with the company's staff and his boss, Seunghyun didn't take off his phone from his pocket as he was afraid that it could attract Jiyong or others attention to him. For the long hours, he kept his patience and tried to control himself from sliding the phone and did something that should be his own privacy.

 

 

Although Seunghyun was being careful to not get caught, Jiyong could tell the anxiousness in Seunghyun's action during the meeting with the staff nor the CEO. It was like Seunghyun was being drawn to his phone. His hands itching to touch it which Jiyong found it amusing.

 

 

Their argument this morning about Jiyong accusing Seunghyun of having an affair with someone else turned out to be wrong and Jiyong couldn't be more grateful than that. The dragon felt happy that at least Seunghyun was being loyal to Daesung even after his death. But after observing the bingu in silent today, Jiyong doubted that again.

 

 

It seemed like Seunghyun couldn't breath even for one second without his phone around. He was frantic and desperate for holding his phone that sometimes Jiyong felt scared about it.

 

 

Who is he talking to during the night? Who is he texting with? Could he be addicted to a game or something? Well, hyung might be 5 years old but games have never attracted him before.  Jiyong was too indulged with his own thoughts that he didn't realize that Yang Hyun Suk was calling him.

 

 

"GD!"

 

 

Jiyong jolted up from his seat. He was taken aback by the voice of Yang Hyun Suk calling his name -more like stage name- to catch his attention.

 

 

Jiyong gave back his full attention to the CEO but the latter was giving a signal to stop the discussion. Jiyong felt afraid if his negligence inquired the CEO's anger.

 

 

"Let's stop for awhile. I think we're all already tired. Maybe we should take a break."

 

 

A sigh of relief went out from Jiyong's mouth hearing that. After arranging the files neatly on the table, Yang Hyun Suk excused himself to the washroom; leaving behind Jiyong and Seunghyun who wished that they could just go home.

 

 

"If I knew about this, I won't come along with you." Said Seunghyun to Jiyong with his voice filled with fatigue.

 

 

"You can't do anything, hyung. Sajangnim is the one who wants to see you. Besides, this matter involves your new schedule too." A sly smirk made its way onto Jiyong's face mocking the eldest.

 

 

"I don't understand why he wants me to become active in variety shows. I don't like it, it's tiring." Pouted Seunghyun at the mentioned of 'variety shows'. It was not like Seunghyun hated it but between showing off his handsome face on the screen and talking about stuff that he didn't understand, Seunghyun preferred staying at home and slept all day long.

 

 

Jiyong didn't reply on that. He had no energy left and his throat felt dry. He wanted to get down to the cafeteria to grab some drinks but his legs didn't want to move. Taking up the opportunities, Jiyong decided to clear up his mind from the disturbing thoughts that were haunting him.

 

 

"Hyung, tell me something. What is so interesting with your phone? You seem like too attach to it." Jiyong asked honestly without any metaphors to hide it anymore as he was out of energy to think of anything. He only wanted answer and he hoped that Seunghyun could give him some.

 

 

"Why? You're still doubting me?"

 

 

There was no nod nor anything from Jiyong. He just stared at Seunghyun's face; requiring some explanation.

 

 

"Don't worry, Ji. I'm not meeting anyone. Nor dating anyone. I'm being single, trying to heal my shatter heart again. Time is what I need at this moment. Time to be alone."

 

 

The words were deep in meaning and Jiyong could feel the truth in it. It seemed like Seunghyun was not lying about him not meeting anyone.

 

 

A small smile formed on Jiyong's expression. Finally his question was answered and he could feel his energy boasting up again as he enthusiastically started the discussion again after the CEO returned with three bottles of energy drinks for them.

 

 

They were about to get into the next topic when suddenly Jiyong's phone vibrated in his jeans pocket showing that he had a call. He picked it up and was met with a panic-stricken Youngbae on the other line.

 

 

"Whoa, Youngbae. Slow down, buddy. Tell me what happens slowly ..."

 

 

Youngbae's voice was so loud that even Yang Hyun Suk and Seunghyun's attentions were distracted. They could hear Youngbae being desperate and crying non-stop which made all of them felt worried.

 

 

Jiyong tried very hard to calm his best friend down and luckily he did it but after he heard Youngbae's words, Jiyong dropped the phone on the floor. His face turned pale and fear could be seen clearly. Without saying a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter