Chapter 12

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]I am so sorry for the lack of update. I have just finished my Trial exam last week and spent the last few months with studying.
I apologize to all of you. I promise that I will update frequently after the exam has finished/

Just WAIT!
MARK 3/12 IN YOUR CALENDAR EVERYONE! XD

Here is another one before my another hiatus.... T.T

 

 

 

 

-- A few days later –

 

 

People said that time could heal every wound; no matter how deep it was. Youngbae lost count of how many times he had heard those words being spoken to him.  There were times when he didn’t believe it especially when Seunghyun and Jiyong were in so much pain of losing the person that they cared about. But there were also times when he believed it and it happened when Seunghyun miraculously made it out from his depression and became his normal self again. When Jiyong was in turn to be in pain, Youngbae prayed hardly for time to make wonder once again to his best friend’s wound. And luckily it did.

 

 

As much as it was hard to believe, the solemn and once almost suicidal Kwon Jiyong had returned back to his old self; the shy, confidence, conceited but most importantly healthy and happy. Youngbae still couldn’t interpret the unexpected changes in the leader. The next day after the night Youngbae walked into his room without checking on Jiyong, the blonde was shocked when he walked into the kitchen only to find Jiyong eating his breakfast earnestly while humming an unknown melody. But it was not because the leader was finally eating his meal properly that Youngbae was shocked, it was because of the wide smile on his pale face and the fact that he finished the food on his plate without being nagged or forced to.

 

 

The changes were obvious day by day, with Jiyong finally smiling and even laughing at Seunghyun’s stupid jokes. Then the next thing that he knew Jiyong had stopped locking himself in his room. Youngbae would be seeing him sitting in the living room or casually walking around the house. The more he observed, the more he realized how relax Jiyong was and his shoulders didn’t slouch like before anymore as if a heavy boulder or something heavy on it had been lifted.

 

 

He was back and Youngbae was certain of it. That their leader had finally returned to them with his sanity in check and stable emotion. Youngbae didn’t have any idea how or what exactly that made Jiyong opened his eyes to the reality but he could care less about it. It was Jiyong and he always knew that his best friend could overcome any obstacles in his way. And Jiyong had proved to him that no matter how heartbroken he was when the world gave him too many s, he could stand his ground and make it through safely; of course, with few scars as lessons and memories to him.

 

 

Although Jiyong had finally regained his sanity and composure, it brought worries to Youngbae and others when he decided to come back to YG to continue his neglected works. Music is my passion and I can’t let it go just like that was what he said to Youngbae and Seunghyun one night when the two protested against his will to return to the studio after his recovery. Youngbae wanted to say no but when he looked into Jiyong’s eyes, he saw something that faltered his firm decision right away. The determination and will power in his eyes gave reassurance to Youngbae that Jiyong would be just fine by his own and that as a good friend, he should just let him do whatever the things that he wanted to. Looking at how serious Jiyong was with Seunghyun seemed to comply with him, Youngbae could just nod his head as approval.

 

 

Luckily for them, the return of G-Dragon to YG didn’t seem to fire back or anything. In fact, the leader seemed to be much healthier and his cheerfulness that was being missed by all had returned alongside his silly goofy smile. No one knew how grateful and relieved Youngbae was to see Jiyong smiling again. He was being overwhelmed with his feelings that sometimes he thought that this was only a dream; one that would disappear the moment he opened his eyes the next morning. Youngbae was afraid that when he woke up from his sleep, the smiling Jiyong would be gone and he would become like how he was before; gloomy and isolated himself from the entire world.

 

 

“You are thinking too much, Bae.” Seunghyun told him that once when he was being overly paranoid of Jiyong sudden changes. And Youngbae even thought like that too. That he was fretting over nothing about Jiyong when he should be happy that the leader had finally moving on from his depression. Yet, Youngbae still couldn’t understand how Jiyong could suddenly change and walk over his sadness in a flash. It almost seemed impossible for him to be okay again after what had happened to Seungri and Daesung.

 

 

Realizing that his paranoiac had reached another level, Youngbae shook away the entire negative thoughts about the leader in his head. What am I thinking? I shouldn’t be having thoughts like this. Youngbae tried to keep his curiosity at bay and focused on looking after the leader so that he wouldn’t be having one of the mental breakdowns like before again. Yes, I should be happy for him. For Jiyong.

 

 

But a part of Youngbae was itching to know the truth behind all of it. A part of his instincts told him that something would go wrong anytime soon.

 

 

 

 

-- 3 days later --

 

“We should continue this for another time. Good work guys, you can go now.”

 


The WINNER boys had never been more grateful to Jiyong for giving them a break after a long tiring recording session. They said their thanks to Jiyong with the older getting up from his chair to pat on each one of them affectionately before watching the boys walked out rather excitedly to enjoy their break.

 

 

Jiyong amusedly shook his head and smiled. The boys had always been energetic to the point that sometimes he considered them as toddlers. Especially Mino and Seunghoon since the two rappers were always fooling around wherever they went to. Taking back his respectively seat, Jiyong took his phone and browsed through the Instagram for an updates. When there was nothing that caught his attention, he tapped the screen here and there and smiled meaningfully catching the attention of the man beside him.

 

 

Teddy who was almost invincible beside the dragon took a slight peak of the phone in Jiyong’s grasp. Luckily that the studio was somewhat dark and it was way easier to see through the light from the screen. Teddy hunched over slightly to get a better view and when he saw what was on the screen that made the leader smiling, his expression fell and he quickly returned to his original position with a divided feelings whether to call the dragon or not.

 

 

“Having your dose of the day over there?” Teddy said that rather awkwardly. He was being careful on choosing his words to avoid the latter’s wrath. Teddy admitted that he was afraid of Jiyong whenever he was angry but he was mostly terrified and lost to handle a broken Jiyong. He knew just how wrecked Jiyong was when he was deep in sadness before.

 

 

Jiyong turned his attention towards Teddy who had his eyes on the computer screen. He smiled to him and looked back to his phone; failed to catch the suspicious look on Teddy’s face.

 

 

“Yeah, I need this every time I’m on edge hyung. If not, then I guess I will be crazy.” Jiyong uttered with smile on his pretty face. He unlocked his phone and hovered it in front of Teddy who was taken aback by his sudden action. Jiyong prompted him to look at it and he did just like what he had been told. And he swore that his heart cracked a little bit to see a certain dead panda with one of his dazzling smile staring at him.

 

 

“Isn’t he cute? I took this back then when we were together in LA.” Jiyong brought the phone back to him and look at it with love. He smiled so sincerely until Teddy thought that he somehow looked like an insane person. But still, it was Jiyong they were talking about. He never had a stable emotion especially when it came to composing and about the person he truly cared about.

 

“Are you okay Jiyong?” Teddy asked straightforwardly but full of concern and carefully not to break the fragile Jiyong apart. He just knew that no matter how stable Jiyong was at the moment, his inner demon could snatch his sanity away anytime soon. But when Jiyong smiled back to him in return, Teddy started to have mixed feelings.

 

 

“Don’t give me that look, hyung. I’m fine right now. Really, you shouldn’t be worry.” Jiyong locked back his phone and stood up stretching his numb muscles. They had been recording for hours and finally it had been done. Now it was up to Teddy to do a bit arrangement of the songs so that the WINNER boys could have their new album ready for another blast comeback of the year.

 

 

“I am worried, Ji. But mostly relieve that you are finally back to your old self. You don’t want to know how a you were before.” Teddy remarked out sarcastically but Jiyong just knew that the older was sincere and meant well. He chuckled and walked out from the studio. Jiyong walked down the hall until he saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter