Chapter 22

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1] The chapter is longer than usual. 15 pages and I think I was too absorbed writing it. ;)
Hope you guys won't mind. But this chapter is the revelation chapter. ;D Finally all secrets revealed~ /well not all actually kekeke/ 3:)

Enjoy and keep giving love for RFY. ^^

 

 

 

 

The loud booming sound of music blasted through the thick walls of the room. 2NE1’s song I Am The Best was currently playing in the background. If the situation was less tense, the WINNER boys; especially Seungyoon and Mino, would be dancing and singing along to the song out of habit. The lights in the hall were dimmed but more than enough for them to walk. Steps belonged to them halted when they had reached the door of the said practice room.

 

 

“I heard from our manager that some of the trainees will be having their monthly evaluation today. And she is one of them. I am sure that she is in there.” Said Seunghoon to all of them. He knew that talking much at the moment was pointless looking at how edgy everyone was but he could care less. He just wanted to make sure that everybody was ready to meet her. He was close to open the door when Dara stopped him by grabbing his arm in urgency.

 

 

“Seunghoon-ah, are you sure that we can enter?” Her voice was definitely not calm. Her baby-faced features scrunched up in worries and anxiety. Because Dara was all aware that it had never been a good idea to interrupt an evaluation. Yang Hyun Suk had never been a fond of people interrupting such an important occasion even though the said man was currently not around –he had already left for Japan a few hours ago alone when Jiyong didn’t showed up thus it explained much why his message to his secretary sounded so pissed. Jiyong made a mental note to explain things to him after he had come back. - Moreover, none of them were invited to evaluate the trainees today.

 

 

“But Sajangnim is not in there, noona.” Mino voiced out with his neck stretched until it reached the upper part of the glass door that was not tinted.

 

 

“And I don’t see anyone in there except for the trainees. I think they are left alone for a while.” Seungyoon was next to intervene.

 

 

“Or are they already done with the evaluation? Yah, is it really okay for us to go and see her? Won’t we be interrupting them?” Bom inquired slowly. Her face showed the same expression like Dara. Brows almost knitted together and eyes rounded in wonder. Her legs were tapping on the floor in uneasiness. She was half-heartedly wanted to see the girl to hear her story about the mysterious app; or more like half of it was excited to hear more about it but the horror was too chilling for anyone to handle especially after knowing what had happened to Jiyong a few hours ago at the dorm.

 

 

“I think we should see her now. This is our only chance. Who knows what kind of schedules we might have tomorrow.” Jinwoo suggested earning a few nods from the others and with that Seunghoon grabbed a hold of the doorknob and pulled it opened. The moment they entered the room, all the trainees quickly stood firm and bowed a whole 90 degrees to their seniors. They returned back the bow and right after the music was paused, Seunghoon stepped forward making all eyes laid on him.

 

 

“We are truly sorry to interrupt your training session but, can we see Jennie-shii for a while?” The moment the name was out from his mouth every trainee was surprised. When the said Jennie emerged from the back of the room, Jiyong felt somehow a warm sensation in his chest. It had been so long since the last time he met her. It was no lies that Jennie Kim had grown up although there was not much of a difference between her at the moment before his eyes and herself 3 years ago when she was working together with him for his solo album.

 

 

The air around them was stuffier but not as stuffy as they felt back then at WINNER’s practice room. It was filled with suspicion and few silent whispers were thrown but they could see that Jennie paid no heed on her friends. She followed them outside the room nonetheless leaving behind the others to return to their practice after Youngbae ushered them to do so with Dara flashing her gorgeous smile to all the trainees as an encouragement –or more like a reassurance over something that they should not worry about -.

 

 

Arriving at the hall, they could see how confused and lost Jennie was. There was a slight fear on her face too. Who wouldn’t be scared though when literally a few of the biggest names in the company suddenly confronting you out of nowhere? Yet she was quick to compose herself when they gave her their smiles to assure her that they wouldn’t do any harm to her.

 

 

“I’m sorry but, what can I help you with?” She asked politely despite the shaking of her eyeballs. It was not every day for her to meet her well-known seniors of YG. Seunghoon was the first to answer her since he was the one that called for her. Besides, so far they had never seen any of the baby-lion faced rapper’s interaction with a trainee from the same company before.

 

 

“Jennie, do you still remember what did you told me before in the practice room?” Seunghoon asked her the question. His voice was calm and careful but it was clear enough that he was not hitting on the young girl.

 

 

“Wait, you met her before hyung? When?” Seungyoon seemed to get swerved out from the real conversation when Seunghoon words had lighten a spark in his mind. The simple nod from Seunghoon made all s scrunching up their faces in disapproval.

 

 

“How could you not telling us that you have a date before?!” Mino inquired out loud with a whine along with him. The sight made all of them cackled out in laughter at the silly rapper except for the confused and flabbergasted Seunghoon.

 

 

“Hyung, I thought we are brothers. But how could you keep it a secret from us. You are supposed to share it with us!” And now it was Seungyoon acting all childish. The sleeveless top and short down to below his knees out of a sudden seemed to not fit his full grown body that belonged to a 22 years old man whenever he acted like a 10 years old.

 

 

“Yah, that’s not it! You are taking this wrongly!” Seunghoon protested but his words were not heeded.

 

 

“Whoa, you are very smooth Seunghoonnie. I wouldn’t have enough guts to try it out with a trainee. You are one step ahead of us.”

 

 

“Hyung!” Seunghoon burst out at Youngbae’s remarks. Even Jiyong was laughing covering his mouth with the back of his hand –his usual habit like always-. And Mino being a dork mimicked the leader by following his gestures only for him to receive a light smack on his head by Jiyong himself.

 

 

“Actually, Seunghoon oppa and I first met each other when I was practicing alone one day and he suddenly walked in asking if I could lend him a few moneys to buy some chocolates and drinks from the vending machine. In the end, I ended up treating him to a meal. Since then we have been seeing each other quite frequently because he insisted to pay back the money he had borrowed from me and I have been asking for him to teach me a few dance steps nowadays.” Jennie explained to them earning an ‘oh’ to her explanation.

 

 

“You are so not a gentleman hyung.” Taehyun sarcastically said mocking Seunghoon for borrowing money from a trainee. Moreover, a girl. The latter rolled up his eyes at Taehyun’s words.

 

 

“But oppa, which conversation you are talking about?” She asked Seunghoon innocently. More confusion on her face.

 

 

“The one that we had a few days before.”

 

 

“But which one? We talked about a lot of things! Besides, is there anything else you have ever talked about other than the dance routines and your Chihuahua?”

 

 

“Seriously hyung, why would you put Ihee on your date talk.” The conversation between the two couldn’t be any peaceful with Song Min Ho around.

 

 

“Like I said it before, you are taking this all wrongly. It’s not a date!” If there was a meter above his head, Seunghoon was positive that it had already reached the highest level of annoyance. Sometimes s were enough dumber than predictable.

 

 

Seeing that the conversation was getting nowhere, to prevent it from getting much pointless for the evening Dara gestured for Youngbae to give her Seunghyun’s phone. The latter obliged and she took it then gave it to Seunghoon. “Perhaps showing this to her can get her memories back on track.” Was what Dara told to him. He did as what he was suggested.

 

 

Just like what Seunghoon told to them while on their way to the main YG Building, they believed in his words when he told them that Jennie knew something about the app but her reaction to it was not what they imagined it to be. When Seunghoon showed the app to her, for the first few seconds she was in a blank probably digging her memories lane about the thing showing on the screen. Then out of a sudden, her face turned pale, cold sweats forming on her smooth forehead and eyes went wide like seeing a ghost –which was halfway true though a little bit over reacting to say-. Her left hand quickly took a hold of her left one and gripped on it for dear life. Youngbae and Jiyong noticed her action and they were starting to worry when she was seemed too stunned looking at it.

 

 

The thought that she was enveloping a panic attack or such worried them but then she spoke with the uttermost fear in her voice, “H-How did you ... find this thing?” The way her voice intentionally pressed on the word made everyone tilted their heads in wonder. She definitely knew something bigger than what they had already known.

 

 

Before anyone could say anything, a few staff of the company came passing by the hall. They bowed to them and so did them. It was only then that they realized they were in the open and the conversation that they were going to have was absolutely not something that anyone could have an ear about.

 

 

“I think this is not a safe spot to talk about this matter.” Youngbae was the first to notice and voiced it out. He stepped forward, brushing his shoulder with Seunghoon. He turned his head to them when he was in the front, “Come, this way.” And the others followed suit. They climbed the stairs not taking the risks on seeing anyone in the elevator. After walking a while, they had arrived at a somehow big and private room in the building. Youngbae opened the door and all the lights. The sight in the room made WINNER and Jennie left in awed at the big and luxurious room; BIGBANG’s lounge room.

 

 

Taking their seats on the couch; with Jennie sitting in the middle of a long one with Bommie and Dara on her right and Seunghoon on her left, others on the other side of the same couch except for Jinwoo and Seungyoon crashing on the carpet instead, they were all ready to hear her out on all the things that she knew about the creepy app.

 

 

“Can I ask something?” She questioned out first. Eyes trying with all the power it its nerves to stay away from the phone in Youngbae’s grip. A simple nod from Dara with a comforting smile from her urged for Jennie to continue.

 

 

“Where did you get that app?” They didn’t know about others but Youngbae and Jiyong had already predicted that she would ask that question sooner or later. It could be easier to explain if it wasn’t because of all the mess that they had on their hands. It would take a very long time to say. Not to mention that they were undeniably running out of time. Anything could happen with the app still running in used.

 

 

It was silence for seconds; the WINNER boys knew that it was not their place to answer that and both Dara and Bom had the equal least knowledge about the app making the only eligible people to talk about it were none other than Youngbae and Jiyong. Clearing his throat Youngbae was about to say something before Jiyong beat him up on that.

 

 

“It’s a very long story ….” With the forced smile on his face, Jennie knew that they were not planning to tell her about any of it. Although she knew that it practically didn’t give much difference if they eventually told her. She knew it so well on what reason the app was used.

 

 

“Jennie, can you tell all of us the thing that you told to me before? About the reason why all the dancers and trainees getting hurt.” Seunghoon asked to her softly as if he was speaking of a very grave secrets that no one can know about. Her expression relaxed and from her body stance, she was readied to tell them. The intake of breath had never been this hard for her and all of them in the room could sense how troubled she had become.

 

 

“I had a friend once when I was still studying in New Zealand. She was my classmate and we were very close. Her name was Sara and that is enough for you to know about her.” The simple introduction was hazy yet suspicious. They didn’t inquire more about this Sara and Jennie took it as a sign for her to continue on,

 

 

“She dated a senior one year older than her in college. About 9 months later since they dated he passed away. Severe Pneumonia or so I have heard and he was diagnosed with Pulmonary Embolism weeks before.” Another intake of air and she took the opportunity to study everyone’s faces. With all eyes on her with clear interest on each of their faces making her more nervous.

 

 

“She was so heartbroken with his death until she fell into a depression. I can’t remember for how long but it took her months to get better. Actually, strangely better.” The simple word and the way she pressed on it struck Youngbae and Jiyong with a sense of déjà vu. They knew how the story would go on from that point.

 

 

“She came to me one day and showed to me the same application that you have there. She said because of that app she was reunited again with her deceased boyfriend. I didn’t believe in her at first but when she opened it for me and let me hear it by myself, I was so shocked.” Jiyong didn’t know why but the memory of the day Seunghyun told him about the app for the first time came into his mind. He wondered if the expression he had during that time resembled the one Jennie was showing at the moment. Eyebrows furrowed in confusion, orbs staring like the person in front of you was even madder than a serial killer.

 

 

“I-I can’t exactly tell you if it was really her boyfriend or not but that voice; it was so similar with that boy. I heard it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter