Chapter 19

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]Get Ready y'all~ 3;)
Enjoy .... The pre-. ^^v

 

 

 

Another peaceful morning came and it was Tuesday. Usually Youngbae and his other members would be in the recording room to create new songs but for the moment; with their indefinite hiatus and problems arising in the headquarters they were scattering all over the places. Seunghyun was taking a flight to Japan for his new web drama project, Youngbae himself was still busying himself to solve the ‘ghost’ issue in the company while for Jiyong he was probably locking himself up in his room either writing a new song or just plainly wasting his life out.

 

 

Youngbae thought that there were indeed a few benefits for the company to be closed down for the temporary moment. At least; in Youngbae opinion, Jiyong could have some times for him to wind down from all the dramas in the studio. Since he had regained his spirit back, Jiyong had been working so hard until it was worrying everyone around him especially Youngbae. Perhaps the 3 days off was a bit too short but it was more than enough to give the leader some rest and getting rid of him from the company for the time being to make Youngbae and the others’ job much easier.

 

 

After all, Youngbae hoped that Jiyong wouldn’t know about their plan; yet.

 

 

The team that was formed by Yang Hyun Suk was in charge of inspecting the background of all YG Entertainment’s resident and searching for the person behind all of the supernatural occurrences. It was not easy, but they were definitely trying their best and Youngbae approved of that.

 

 

He came to lend his hand on finding the culprit; the one that should be caught immediately to stop all the crazy things that happened around the places to avoid more injuries. Youngbae was helping by inspecting the tape videos that was recorded by the security cameras to find anything unusual. He watched the videos from the first date where they believed the disturbance started until the recent one.

 

 

And surely it would take a long time to check on all the 1300 video tapes.

 

 

Youngbae was not in his right mind that morning as the dream from last night came haunting him. He considered it to be a nightmare although there was nothing scary that kept him awake all night. The dream was vivid; like the light mist of the dawn with its coldness creeping to your bones making you numb. Too light and soft until it was even hard to prove its existence.

 

 

His dream was as dark as the night without stars nor lights from the moon to lit his way. Then he started to hear things falling to the ground alongside a few crashes of glasses. When he thought everything had ended, he heard a small whimper. Whether it was from a man or a woman unquestionably the said person was in pain. Afterwards, for some unknown reason Youngbae found himself in a grey room. He was sitting on a worn out bed with no bedsheet to cover it up. The lack of light made the room almost seemed to be black.

 

 

His eyes wondered around the room when a few spark of lights captured his attention. It resembled fireworks and the first thing that crossed Youngbae’s mind was it was really pretty. The dream however ended with him feeling stingy burns on the back of his head and body then his eyes opened meeting with the ceiling of their dorm.

 

 

It was a such weird dream for Youngbae to figure it out. He tried to decipher the meaning of it only for him to brush it off instead taking it as only a one normal and stupid dream. But why would his heart be uneased the moment he did that?

 

 

“Youngbae…” He was taken away from his reverie when a voice called for his name. He turned his back and saw Yang Hyun Suk standing behind him holding two cups of hot coffee in his hand. Youngbae smiled gratefully to the old man before taking one of it and followed him to the chairs in the room.

 

 

“I heard you stay at the dorm yesterday. Why?” The question came out the moment they landed their butts on the hard-wooden chairs. To say that Youngbae was not surprised hearing it was a complete lie. As far as he knew the only person who knew that he spent the night at the dorm yesterday were only Seunghyun and ….

 

 

Of course, his beloved manager nonetheless.

 

 

“It’s nothing hyung. I just… need some fresh air sometimes.” Lied Youngbae to him. “Really? Well, that’s not what I heard.” Yang Hyun Suk stopped midway to take a sip of his hot steaming coffee. “Did you guys fight?” Asked him again to the tired Youngbae. The silence that came afterwards was enough to give Yang Hyun Suk the answer that he had been looking for.

 

 

“Just a bit. With Seunghyun hyung.” Youngbae then felt how dry his mouth was so he sipped on the coffee in his hand. The steam from the cup warmed his hands but not his heart. He didn’t know why but he started to feel anxious about the dream.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun made sure that he would dress nicely for the day to meet people whom he would be working with for the new drama project. His appearance was fresh but his face told otherwise. Anyone who passed by him could see how troubled he was.

 

 

He knew that he should be focusing on his work but he couldn’t stop thinking about Daesung. Since their last conversation, Seunghyun’s head was filled with the younger presence. And with the time passing by, he noticed how he was starting to long for him again. He thought that he had get over it but it seemed that he was wrong.

 

 

The flashback of him meeting the younger a few months back came to his mind. It was night and Seunghyun was busied writing his rap part for one of BIGBANG’s new songs when the younger came through the studio door flashing his everlasting smile to him. Seunghyun still could remember how he tackled on the younger into a bone-crushing hug over not meeting him for 2 months.

 

 

Daesung had just back from his long schedule activities in Japan and he stopped by to the headquarters to visit the others before he returned to his hometown that same night to spend his long awaited holiday with his family. When he heard from the staff that Seunghyun was still in the studio, he came by to see him.

 

 

They teased on each other, a few touches here and there and Seunghyun’s tired heart was healed when they shared a meaningful talk over their days. Daesung was doing really well for his world tour and Seunghyun was still the same with his usual ‘caveman’ habit and few acting offers he took in to continue his career. They talked and talked until Daesung’s manager came to get him and the latter then bid his farewell to Seunghyun in yet another hug with an endearing smile on their faces that only both of them knew the meaning behind it.

 

 

That was the last time he met Daesung; alive.

 

 

“Ah, there she is.”

 

 

Seunghyun turned his head to his right and a young lady came into his view. She walked to his direction with two of her managers tailing behind her. The lady flashed a warm smile to Seunghyun and the director then they shook hands with each other. Seunghyun was glad that finally his partner for the drama had come and now they could continue on with their filming site inspection before starting to film tomorrow.

 

 

With only a glance Seunghyun could tell that all of the staff loved Ueno Juri. But when he thought about it again who wouldn’t? She was a true professional and despite the language barrier she did extremely well to work on the drama. Seunghyun wondered if one day he could be like her without him sweating much the moment he was introduced to work with someone new like the first time it happened when they just met a month ago. It dawned on him that he still had a long way to go.

 

 

They were walking along the road which was the site for their filming yet Seunghyun’s mind was elsewhere. He couldn’t stop thinking about Daesung and luckily the director didn’t realize how disturbed his mind was. A few minutes walking then he received a call from someone. He took his phone out from his jacket pocket only to be greeted with Youngbae’s name on the caller ID. Seunghyun deliberated for a second either to answer it or not. Right when he was about to swipe the lock, the staff rushed him over for an urgent meeting and Seunghyun half-heartedly rejected it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He decided to call Daesung that night right after the dinner with Ueno Juri and others staff. Seunghyun’s heart made a few flips when the call was connected and it stopped beating for a moment when the younger cheerful voice rang through the speaker.

 

 

“Seun*ghyun hyung*!!!**” Seunghyun chuckled hearing how cheerful Daesung was. “How are you, Daesung?” And both of them spent the 3 hours talking on the phone forgetting about everything around them. Seunghyun admitted that he felt extremely weary after his tiring schedule for the day but all of his fatigue was gone the second he heard Daesung’s voice. He knew that he needed to rest but he just couldn’t resist the younger speaking to him and calling his name ever so softly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter