Chapter 33

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

New update~ I hope anyone is still reading this. The comment section has been a lot lonelier somehow ^^'

Anyway, welcome new subscribers~ :* xoxo

 

Enjoy~

 

 

Few days had passed by in what presumed to be peace. There was no longer haunting, no more screams or broken heart nor fear inflicting into each soul wonder around the places. It was not over yet the peace was welcomed. The night was never spoken; Jiyong himself was adamant to keep his mouth shut from spilling more details to unassociated party but he told them all to Youngbae and the rest. He told them from the moment he was haunted until he felt into unconscious as the necktie draught the life out of his body. Jiyong didn’t know since when he opened up to people after months closing himself up in his own space as he shed tears with Youngbae while the two best friends had a very long talk in Jiyong’s hospital room. Ever since then, Jiyong had half his burden lifted at how Youngbae persuaded him that he had no fault in all this; including to what happen to Chanwoo.

 

The maknae beforehand was taken care of in good hands of his family and members. Chanwoo hadn’t opened his eyes ever since the night—though that time he wasn’t himself anyway, but his condition miraculously improving. Even better than before. The younger had seemed much healthier than before and his sleeps were no longer occupied with nightmares that made his eyebrows furrowed. Moreover, the large bruises on his neck where the thing had been feeding on him had gone, vanishing in an instant. His skin seemed like no bruises had ever marked on it before.

 

Haneul explained that he and Youngbae had managed to detach the demon completely from the maknae. They had it explained to his parents, s and even Yang Hyun Suk himself who had been curious to what had happened. However, Haneul told them that there might be some consequences coming from the incident that happened to Chanwoo. Though that was to be told later.

 

On what was currently occurring was Haneul sitting together with Jiyong and Youngbae in a cafeteria belonged to the artists’ colleagues, drinking warm tea in mid-Autumn with Jiyong and Youngbae relaying their gratefulness to the man before them who had done much deed of saving their lives and the people they loved. They bowed to him making Haneul smiled sheepishly. He told them that he was glad to help them as it was his obligations to do so.

 

Youngbae had asked how did the haunting in YG Headquarters stopped just right after they exorcised Chanwoo that night. Haneul kindly explained to him at how it was all connected; the app, the ghost, the place and even the people in there were all tied down in one string of fate that if they entangled the root of its core, the rest would be scattered. As the night of the exorcism happened, Haneul and Youngbae though very exhausted and drained out managed to get the maknae back to the hospital. Just right the moment Yang Hyun Suk called Youngbae telling him about something was different in the headquarters. Like every heavy and scary feelings in the building was gone and YG even told him that he had deliberated himself to walk into the practice room where Chanwoo was attacked. Only to feel how warm the room was and the studio belonged to BIGBANG was also the same. Youngbae had told Haneul about it and the later was glad. They knew that they had made it.

 

They talked on many things as they sat in the corner of the café. Jiyong mentioned about his bruises too and what exactly happened to them to vanish all sudden in a mere day. He was afraid if that thing got into him and he would turn out like Chanwoo. But the psychic asked him not to worry, telling him that the demon only fed off him and left nothing behind. Jiyong was glad to hear that. Haneul was holding the cup holder with his right hand and his left hand stayed on the table. As he put the cup down and tried to groom his jacket was when Jiyong saw it; the huge scar mark on his left arm, starting from under his wrist and ended somewhere he couldn’t see inside the shirt Haneul was wearing.

 

Curiosity sparked in Jiyong’s mind and Haneul saw that. He knew that Jiyong had been watching him for so long and he also known how even Youngbae sitting before him was curious about his scar since the first day they met. A small smile lightened up his face as he addressed them, “It’s distracting, isn’t it? This scar.” Haneul put the two off guard as he pulled the hem of his left sleeve revealing his brown skin. They saw how even bigger and longer the scar was. It ran all the ways along his arm until his elbow fold. Youngbae silently gasped in horror and gulped his saliva nervously. What on earth did Haneul do to earn him that hideous scar?

 

“I—I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to stare.” Jiyong apologized, finding his action rude. But Haneul brushed him off with a swat of hand, saying it was fine. There was a rather heavy sigh came out form the psychic’s mouth, it didn’t go unnoticed by the two. Youngbae eyed him with foreign look in his eyes, somehow Haneul looked so different from how he was before. The strong stance and confident he emitted all this time seemed to be slipping away. He looked fragile and Youngbae wondered if that even enough to describe how weak he looked right now.

 

Haneul was careful choosing his words, knowing that it had come to the moment where he had to tell them; his new friends about who he was. “After all of these years chasing ghost and helping people, I’ve learned that I keep saving people’s life but not saving mine at all.” His words were soft like a whisper, yet it made the two before him had their brows knitted together in confusion. The air became tense, Jiyong and Youngbae’s heart quickened in anxiety. Haneul was about to say something that was very important to them.

 

“Youngbae-shii, you heard what Chanwoo said that night right?” His gaze landed on the silent Youngbae, that somehow had a premonition on what the conversation was all about. The singer nodded his head. Haneul let out a small yet sad smile. “The truth is I wasn’t born with this gift. I earned it when I was 11.” He started off, starting to get the two’s attentions. “I travelled to a Southeast Asian country with my parents for a holiday. It was summer that time and I was so thrilled because after so long finally we could spend some time together as a family. You see, my dad was a businessman and he rarely was at home so I was really excited about the trip.”

 

“But then something came up when we were there. My dad was somehow fell into a dark spell and he was possessed by something. He even tried to kill himself. Luckily our tour guide helped us by finding someone that could help my dad. He was free from the spell but some of it got reflected on me.” Haneul stopped to take a deep breath. “It possessed me.” His sentence made both the two fell in shock and terror. “Turned out it was my dad’s business partner that put the spell on him. My dad was alright after that but that thing, it wouldn’t get away from me. Not until I was 13 when my mom’s godmother got it out from me.” Another intake of air as Haneul stopped to take the cup into his hand.

 

“I had the ability to see them ever since then. My mom’ godmother took me under her wings and became my godmother instead.” He took a sip, letting the information fell into place for the two to comprehend. Haneul felt bad somehow looking at how flabbergasted and afraid they were. “S—so, what happened after that?” Jiyong broke the silence.

 

“Well, I just got used to it. Of course, at first it was extremely hard. Sometimes it felt like a curse given to me, having such frightening views of such things every single day and night.” Haneul had a small grin plastered at the corner of his thin lips. “Some of them even wouldn’t leave me alone. I still remembered how it would stand beside my bed every night just staring at me. Not a good memory.” He laughed jubilantly not noticing the tremble from the two before him.

 

“My parents trained me to be brave. Eventually I did and one day I decided to face my fear and help who had ever in need. I started to treat people and practicing exorcism from my mom’s godmother when I was in high school. I did it until today.” Another sip of his drink and the two could only watch him with fascination. They wondered how Haneul could grow up with all those things coming after him yet he still could keep his firm head on the ground and helped people. Youngbae and Jiyong thought of it hard. If it was them, they couldn’t handle it. Even from just with the recent app’s thingy they had countless instinct of peeing in the pants.

 

“Then, what exactly happened to your mother and wife?” Youngbae carefully asked, both his hands grabbing his knees for firm stance. But the look Haneul gave almost made them wavered. “Something happened 7 years ago. 4 years after my marriage with my wife before she….” Haneul trailed and then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter