Chapter 34

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

The end is here~~

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORTS TO REACHING FOR YOU AND ME <3

Much love ^^ <3

 

 

 

One could call him persistent but Jiyong would half-heartedly admitted that. Perfection fitted him right but that word didn’t quite click in this situation. Avenger? Probably better. For what he had up to was definitely done in the name of Seungri. He wouldn’t let his maknae died in vain and shame. He would have never let that be.

 

Jiyong hid his plan from Youngbae, from anyone. He had his ways on achieving what he wanted and in a blink of an eye he had make Tablo told him about the man’s identity; the person who had turned Seungri into a black sheep.

 

Jang Hyun Ji. He would never forgive that person till the day the world ended.

 

He didn’t think at all, he just acted it out. He knew he was rash, immature, stupid, foolish man and many others bad traits he had always tried to hide from the world. But he had no care anymore. He was tired of hiding himself behind those cameras ad flashes, hiding his feelings and thoughts. Jiyong knew what he would do was wrong; immoral indeed that would snatch the string of morality in him yet he chose to defy the lights still. He wanted to avenge Seungri, and like he had said to Youngbae once; nobody could stop him.

 

He had reached out to the man, arranging a place for Jiyong and him to meet. He told this Jang Hyun Ji that Jiyong wanted to see every person who had been working with Seungri and treated them for a meal as a gratitude for taking care of the maknae during his world tour since Jiyong had never thanked them properly—it just showed what a great actor he was. Like a tiger fell into a trap, the man believed him and agreed on meeting Jiyong.

 

Jiyong had deliberately chose a place belonged to Seungri himself. It was a small empty bar which had yet to be opened along a street nearby Ilsan area. Only a few knew about the place since Seungri had planned to run a business there in secret for his celebrities and closest friends. But his plan never worked out because he died. Jiyong somehow just had a key to the place and he thought it was a perfect spot. A few—which Jiyong betted had forgotten about it though, knew about the place and nobody was around in the area since it was quite desolate. He had no worried to continue on with his plan.

 

It was a Saturday night about ten past ten where Jiyong would meet Jang Hyun Ji. The leader arrived 30 minutes earlier so that he could prepare his plan thoroughly. Just then, the slide door was knocked and opened. There stood the man Jiyong dreaded to see on the door way. Jang Hyun Ji stepped inside the bar, a bit dumbfounded of its solemnness and lack of people. He looked around the empty chairs and tables. Even behind the counter. It was only him and the Kwon Leader.

 

“It’s nice to meet you finally, G-Dragon-shii. I’m Jang Hyun Ji.” Yet he still greeted Jiyong politely and professionally. They exchanged handshake when Jiyong uttered, “No need to be so formal with me, Jang-shii. Just call me Jiyong.” A fake smile adorned Jiyong’s flawless face, as he drew a small thin smile for the man he loathed to death. He invited the man to sit on the chair as Jiyong took a seat before him too. If it wasn’t because of the table separating them, Jiyong was certain he would already strangle the man.

 

Jang Hyun Ji had inquired to him on why it was only both of them here. Jiyong put on his perfect mask, with the unwavering smile on his face as he said that he had wanted to meet Jang Hyun Ji personally. Jiyong’s answer somehow gave suspicious feelings to the man but Jang Hyun Ji only returned the smile Jiyong gave. The tension the man portrayed was like crystal clear in Jiyong’s eyes yet after Jiyong poured the man his expensive wine and some light snacks, he eventually relaxed himself in Jiyong’s presence.

 

They talked on few things, starting from Jiyong asking about his life and job to thanking him for his good work in managing Seungri’s world tour. The man was too tipsy to feel quite sensitive about the topic but Jiyong had no care about that. His plan was working on just like how he had wanted it to be. They drank for another hour and when Jang Hyun Ji was in the utopia, Jiyong reached for the small gift box under the table and handed it over to the man. Jang Hyun Ji watched the brilliant bright red square box before him before his lazy eyes landed on Jiyong. He asked what it would be.

 

The smile on Jiyong’s face could be interpreted in many meanings. The grin screamed evil yet one can take it as his mischievous manner around people he was comfortable with, or neither both. It could be one that screamed murder, death and many things one shouldn’t think yet of course the thoughts mentioned wouldn’t even crossed the drunken man’s head. He couldn’t even speak clearly and his cheeks were flushed red. He was getting too drunk.

 

“This is a gift from me.” Jiyong handed the gift by sliding it onto the table. “For your hard work all these time. Please accept it.” He said as the man watched the box with doubt although he was a bit mellow from the amount of drink he had. He couldn’t help but to find the whole thing strange despite Jiyong showing kindness to him. Jang Hyun Ji put his hand on the box, eyes on the leader who was sitting before him with a smile on his face. Yet somehow he found Jiyong’s smile looked so crooked and shady. Shady as in words he was hiding something.

 

Yet he still opened it, curiosity peeking on his soul. He looked inside the box and found it to be a smartphone; a very expensive one indeed. Jang Hyun Ji had his eyes widened in utter surprised. Frown shown on his face when his orbs met Jiyong’s dark-brown one. He was confused. “I don’t understand.” Simply he said, confusion itself evidently shown in his voice. But Jiyong had say nothing. Nor showing any reaction. The smile had long wiped out. “Open the lock.” He merely said and Jang Hyun Ji had no idea why he was following the leader’s words. Probably because he was scared of Jiyong—well, everybody in the company had always been intimidated by the BIGBANG’s leader especially since his two members’ passed away.

 

The hair at the back of his neck stood up. Cold sweats forming on his forehead. It couldn’t be that right? Jiyong hadn’t known about the accident right? Jang Hyun Ji composed himself, pushing the dark thought to the back of his head. It was impossible. He had told no living soul about it. He took a deep breath and opened the lock; unbeknown to Jiyong noticing how tensed he had become. A pitch black page greeted his view but then he noticed there was a rather big red box in the center. There was a single word displayed inside the red box. Call. Nothing else on the screen other than that. He became more confused.

 

He was tapping elsewhere on the screen but nothing worked. Except for a few glitches on the screen. He thought he was seeing things probably because of the drink though. He was fumbling with the phone but not long before Jiyong spoke up, “Tap the red button then put the phone to your ear. Someone wants to speak with you.” Then he stood up from the chair and walked away, leaving the dumbfounded man in the bar alone. Jang Hyun Ji called for Jiyong’s name but the leader said nothing. Only giving his back to the man but before Jiyong walked out from the shop he had muttered something to the man.

 

“It’s very nice to meet you Jang Hyun Ji-shii. I wish you all the luck.” Jiyong reached for the door and opened it. As he stepped foot on the ground he once again muttered words silently that he thought yet wished for the staff to hear. “In hell.” With that the door was closed, and the man could only stare at the door with much confusion in his mind. Soberness miles away.

 

And he did listen to it, only for it to adding more confusion in his mind. His attention returned to the smartphone in his hand. Frowning harder he thought silently in his head, there was no number on the screen. How can he call someone? What was this thing? A speed dial? But one thing Jang Hyun Ji knew about; something bad was going to happen. But he couldn’t point a finger on it. His eyes found the red box again and somehow the vibrant color of it seemed to be calling for him. He had nothing to lose he thought. It was just probably some stupid prank Jiyong set on. Absentmindedly he tapped on the red box and put the phone to his ear. He listened to the beep sounds.

 

But he heard none. Only something noisy like bees fluttering their wings creating noises to his ear. He felt how the sound stung his eardrum and he wanted to hang it up but the call was connected. Somebody had answered his call and he waited no more to utter a single ‘hello’ to the person on call. Jang Hyun Ji waited for a response but he heard none. Nothing was heard from the other line. He felt strange.

 

He greeted again with hello but still no response heard. Jang Hyun Ji was once again puzzled. Yet when he waited again he heard someone’s breath blowing through the other line on the speaker. He wasn’t imagining it, someone did pick up his call. The only thing he could catch was the person’s breath on the line, heavy yet slow, almost like whoever he was talking to had just ran miles.

 

“Hello? Can I know who am I speaking to?” He wondered how many times he had been asking yet he received no answer. Not even the voice of the person was heard. Only his heavy and labor breath. Somehow Jang Hyun Ji wondered why he still hadn’t hung up yet. Because he felt a nagging at the back of his head that insisted him not to hang up. He was getting fed up, feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter