Chapter 29

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Annyeong~ Long time no see to everyone. How have you guys been doing? ^^ Coz I'm having a fever right now so that's not good. ^^'
I'm sorry for the months lack of update. It's been how many months? 4/5 maybe? I'm so sorry guys~ Too caught up with the siuation. Now I'm halfly okay I guess. :)

So this is the new chapter, I will try to finish the next one and update it within a week (let's just see, don't trust me but i think you guys already know that right?);)

Have fun and enjoy!!! :D

 

 

 

Like what had been planned, Youngbae brought Haneul to the YG Building for him to see the practice room where Chanwoo was attacked. Youngbae led him smoothly inside without much questions from the guard and the receptionist lady at the front. They took the elevator and after they had reached their destination, they saw the police tape plastered right on the doorframe of the practice room. The blue large ‘POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS’ was surely catchy enough to attract anyone’s attention.

 

Youngbae had told Haneul before that the room was locked down under police’s command and since then no one had ever stepped their feet into the room. Moreover, even Yang Hyun Suk himself had personally gave instructions to all the staff and YG residents to never go to the said floor ever again. People might say that he was acting like a paranoid but the truth was that the old man just couldn’t afford any unfortunate incidents to happen again.

 

They entered nonetheless, Youngbae assured that it was going to be just fine and that he would have a talk with Yang Hyun Suk himself later after Haneul had done doing his job. When they entered the room, what they met was an unpleasant sight to behold. A part of the broken large mirror in the room was still hadn’t been fixed yet leaving a large hole on its place. The room reek of a smell of blood and stuffy without the air-conditioner for weeks. It was obvious enough that the place hadn’t been touched by anyone just by looking at the pool of dry blood on the floor. It belonged to Chanwoo when Youngbae and the others found him that night.

 

“What did the police said about finding the culprit?” Haneul broke the silence with the question. A slight grimace on his face watching another patch of blood on the far corner of the floor.

 

“Nothing.” He heard how heavy the sigh Youngbae gave to him. “So far they still haven’t found the culprit. They told us that there have been an evidence of people fighting in here but weirdly there is no DNA or sweats belongs to the culprit on the floor except for Chanwoo’s. They did a few tests on us, took a few samples of our DNA from under our fingernails to see if there is any DNA of Chanwoo’s skin but of course none of us had it since that boy was all alone in this room at that time.” Youngbae explained it to Haneul who was so busy strolling around the room in circle. He was looking for something it seemed. “They were at lost. Because of that they decided to hold the case for a moment.” Youngbae continued while he watched Haneul walking around the places.

 

And then he stopped. A disturbing look on the psychic’s face while his hands clasped together and rubbed against each other. “Don’t you think it’s too cold in here?” Asked him to Youngbae with much bewilderment on his face.

 

“Well, the heater hasn’t been for weeks. I guess that’s why it’s so freezing in here.” Youngbae said and Haneul left it there before he was taken to the control room next to see the recording Youngbae had mentioned to him during their car ride.

 

He told the psychic about the recording in which he found the dead Daesung staring at the camera in their own recording studio mouthing Seunghyun’s name. Youngbae looked for the exact file he had been saving in the computer. When he had found it, he clicked on the file, waiting for the video to open.

 

Only to meet with nothing.

 

“Wait a second, this is strange.” Youngbae panicked when the only thing that they saw was a pitch blackness. No image shown on the screen. “Where is that video?” Flustered he asked. The question left from his mouth directing to no one in particular. Just him talking alone with panic attacking his body violently.

 

“Is there anyone messing with the recordings?” Youngbae asked to one of the guards sitting beside him. Youngbae’s reaction; voice hardly containing the anger with eyes wide opened and the folded creases on his forehead had the man turning much flustered and panicked like him.

 

“No, nobody did. And the files are private. No one can have an access to it.” The guard said, his words sending the singer over the edge. If no one didn’t and haven’t had the access to the files, then where did the video go?

 

“T-This can’t be happening.” He mumbled though it was audible for anyone to hear. “That video must be somewhere. It must be here somewhere!” He searched frantically through the computer. Browsing all the files it had, leaving nothing left untouched by the cursor. The desperation and agitation growing alongside the ticking of the clock. “I-I saw it. I really do saw it. He was right in front of the camera saying something and—” He was left in speechless. Eyes widened in disbelief and stammering out uselessly. He just couldn’t believe it that the video was gone. That there was nothing left for him to prove.

 

Haneul was starting to pity him. He had a hand patting Youngbae’s back to reassure him that it was okay. “It’s alright, Youngbae-shii. I trust you.” Haneul said reassuring the latter once again. It calmed Youngbae down eventually.

 

It would be useless to dwell on longer in the place further Haneul thought. Because it was certain that although they searched through the entire computers in the room, the recording would not be found. It was already gone and the cause of it would remain a mystery to everyone. However, just because of the missing recording, it wouldn’t put a halt to their intention on coming here.

 

“Now if you don’t mind, I want to see the recording room.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The moment Haneul stepped into the recording room, he started to shudder instantaneously though it was not that visible for Youngbae to notice him. He walked around and around again in the small room, looking here and there for something that Youngbae himself didn’t know. He touched every accessory and inspected it as if he was an artist checking over every details of an art. Perhaps he was searching for the ghost? In a Vogue magazine? Nah, that was absurd.

 

“This room…” His voice caught Youngbae’s attention. All the thinking he had stopped entirely. “Isn’t it much colder than the practice room?” Youngbae wanted to say something but he chose not to. Because Haneul was right; the room was indeed colder, even colder than usual. From the beginning, the heater was not needed in the studio because it had always been warm with all the bright lights and the electrical devices provided a little heat to the room. The lack of warm was probably because the room hadn’t been used for days, that was what Youngbae believed.

 

“Perhaps it’s because the heater is turned off. We don’t use it frequently in here.” Youngbae answered Haneul. His eyes were looking around the place, resembling the psychic. “But yeah, you’re right. It’s too cold. It’s not supposed to be this cold.” The last few words came out in a whisper. Truthfully, he was puzzled as well as the psychic. He had been like living in the room since forever, since the first time they debuted years ago and the chillness that he felt at the moment was nothing resembling the weather when it was cold. He wondered if it had something to do with all the paranormal experiences they had in hands.

 

Haneul didn’t say anything though. He just continued on doing what he was doing. He lingered around in the room for a moment; sitting down on the chair, had a few conversations with Youngbae about everything and anything in the world before he moved to the sofa. It took them a good 20 minutes before they decided to leave when Haneul told him that he found nothing suspicious.

 

Youngbae was one step behind the psychic when the latter stopped right in front of the doorframe. Haneul had his attention to the recording booth instead. He kept staring and looking intently in the small area of the booth without saying anything much to Youngbae’s agitation. The look on his face was grim and dead serious, as if there was something in the booth that only he could see.

 

“What’s wrong, Haneul-shii?” Youngbae didn’t want to ask but he had the urge to know. Haneul didn’t give any response to him at all. It made the blood in Youngbae’s body froze. It took Haneul around 2 minutes for him to tilt his head to the side and gave Youngbae a smile. A smile that Youngbae could see how forced it was. It made him much worried than before. They left the room afterwards with no words coming out from Haneul except than a simple humming to assure Youngbae that it was okay.

 

But Youngbae just knew that it was not even close to okay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two sat in the YG cafeteria after they had done ‘exploring’ the entire building starting from the down to the top floor, all had been done in merely one day with lots of walking and watching things which successfully drained the two’s energy. Before they came down to the cafeteria though, Youngbae showed to Haneul the male washroom which had Donghyuk locked up in it that night.

 

They had to bring along a security guard to open the door since it was locked up just like the practice room. The reason was that the washroom couldn’t be used because of the leaking pipes and stuff; something that the old man made up to escape from the suspicion of others whom didn’t know the real story behind it. Besides, it was necessary for them to avoid any panic since the last one coming from Seunghyun still hadn’t eased down yet.

 

Although the story was made up, the part which had the pipes leaking was half of the truth. Strangely, all the sinks in the washroom were leaking with the faucet unable to be closed. Pool of water covered the floor rumbling down onto the tiles continuously with no sign of ceasing. Luckily the drains were still working but the situation couldn’t just be ignored certainly. They had called the plumber to fix it but nothing did wonder. It was highly peculiar and extremely odd for all the sinks to break down all at once. In the end, Yang Hyun Suk decided to close down the washroom and started to focus on something far more important than a damn washroom.

 

It was getting late when they had come down to the cafeteria. The sky was slowly turning into a shade of orange and soon the red will be coloring the horizon between the line of the sky. Fortunately, for the whole day the building was half empty. There were not much people coming in and out from the place giving much space for Haneul to work on his ‘sixth sense’ ability. After ordering for their drinks, Haneul started to tell Youngbae about what he’d got for the whole day touring the massive building.

 

“Frankly speaking, there is nothing suspicious or weird about this place, literally.” He started it making the other man’s brow lifted. “But, I did sense something else here especiall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter