Chapter 30

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

Hello to everyone~ After umm probably a year(?) i'm finally making an update to RFY. I apologize for all the waits, hahahaha i guess many have forgotten this story already eh? I hope you guys are still taking interest to read this despite the long hiatus i am in.

I hope you guys enjoyed! And i will try to finish this story or at least making a few progress after a long time. Since i still have about 12 days semester break so let's make it count eh? ^^

 

And to new subsribers~ Hello! :D

 

 

The wind…...

 

It was too windy and cold that made him shivered to the spine. But that was his least worries. It was something else he was concerning about. He could feel how light his body felt, how the rush of his heartbeat was practically hammering through his chest inducing a very loud ringing to his eardrums. In a second, he felt somewhat peaceful. But then he was getting anxious, his feet didn’t touch the ground at all and his body was elevated up in the air.

 

Then a crash came, his body falling down to a groundless ground. Falling and falling like no end to it…

.

.

.

.

.

And Jinhwan was up. His eyes hastily rolled in every spaces of the room despite the dizziness taking him in a strike. He was still in the hospital, in Chanwoo’s room. When he saw the youngest still on the bed, wrapped in deep slumber of the night he was relieved. His eyes diverted to Donghyuk sitting on the chair beside the maknae with a Macbook on his lap, probably watching some movies to kill time. Only then he remembered; it was his and Donghyuk’s turn to look after the maknae for the night.

 

Stretching a bit his sore limbs on the couch Jinhwan yawned. The nap he took wasn’t enough. Standing up he took his steps to the bathroom, greeting Donghyuk in the way before he entered the room and locked the door. He took a good look of himself in the mirror. Oh boy, how Jinhwan swore he had aged 10 years older than his actual age already. The dark prominent eye bags under his eyelids are making his face much uglier. He sighed out loud, that was what he got from all the sleepless nights thinking over nothing but trouble.

 

Ever since Chanwoo’s accident, Jinhwan couldn’t stop thinking about the day it happened. The memory stayed engraved in his mind and kept replaying itself like a broken tape, over and over again until it haunted him. He wouldn’t forget how terrified he was at that day, meeting a ghost, stuck inside an elevator for God’s sake how long it was, the blood all over the floor. He betted that he would remember it until the day he died.

 

Splashing the cold water on his face Jinhwan tried to get rid of the sleep and pull himself together. He knew the fight they had was useless against something that they didn’t even know what or who. It was hard fighting an enemy you didn’t know about. He could only wish for all of it to end in peace, just like what Bobby said to him this evening, ‘pray won’t kill you, but ignorant does.’ And sometimes he wondered since when the younger was good in preaching.

 

He splashes the water again on his face for a last straw of receding the drowsiness yet it didn’t work. Feeling dejected, Jinhwan decided a cup of coffee might help him. Walking out the bathroom to take his jacket, he went off downstairs to floor 8 for the vending machine but not before telling Donghyuk first. Chanwoo’s room was one floor above thus Jinhwan decided to take the stairs.

 

The vending machine was a few meters away from the receptionist desk in the Pediatrics’ floor. It was quiet there though Jinhwan though it was normal since kids were supposed to sleep early. Enough looking around, he made his way to the vending machine. He carefully chose which drink he would have and for Donghyuk too since the younger might get thirsty. Picking two cans of Nescafe Jinhwan was on his way leaving when he was startled to see a little girl standing beside him, prying over what he was doing.

 

Jinhwan was surprised, because he didn’t see when the kid was coming his way moreover standing there on his right. He was pretty sure all the children were not allowed to be out from their room this late. But he pushed away the paranoia, since he did notice earlier a few children in the hallway with their parents. Probably she was one of them.

 

The girl smiled sweetly at him and Jinhwan gladly returned it. He guessed she must be around 8 or 9 years old judging by her height and appearance. Her white gown hospital’s dress made her a bit taller but pristine at the same time. Feeling curiosity picking the best of him he asked, “How long have you been standing here, young miss?”

 

Another sweet smile from the girl dazzling Jinhwan with her cuteness. “Not long, I just want to see what you are doing oppa.” She uttered brightly. “For who are you buying the drinks for, oppa?” She asked with finger pointed at the two cans of coffee drink in Jinhwan’s hands.

 

“Ah, one for me and my friend. We are here to accompany our another sick friend.” Jinhwan answered, the girl made an ‘oh’ face showing her interest. “Is your friend hurt so much?” Another question accompanied by her big googling eyes. It melted Jinhwan’s heart.

 

“Yeah, he’s quite sick. But he’ll be fine.” Answered him with confidence, as he silently hoped and prayed in his heart for it to be granted. Snapping himself out from his reverie his thought fell on the young girl who was alone in the hallway. “By the way, aren’t you supposed to be with your parents? Where are you going now?”

 

“Ah, my dad has got back home for a while to take a change of clothes. He will be here soon.” She stopped before continuing. “Actually I’m going to see my mum. She’s here too but I’m not sure which room she is in.” The little girl said as her face became gloomy. She must be missing her mother Jinhwan thought. Feeling heavy to leave her alone, he decided to help her find her mother’s ward. She agreed and much glad with Jinhwan’s help.

 

“But oppa doesn’t know which floor your mother is. Should we try and ask the nurses at the receptionist desk over there?” Jinhwan proposed as he pointed to the desk not too far away from where they were standing. The young girl diverted her gaze to the desk and beamed brilliantly with Jinhwan’s idea. “Sure oppa. But as I remember my mum is in floor 11.” Not wasting any time, Jinhwan took her to the desk and walked towards the 2 nurses over the desk. He couldn’t hold her because of the drinks in his hands thus the girl only walked behind him.

 

“Excuse me…” He started off politely greeting them. As he got their attention, the 2 nurses smiled at him and one of them said, “Ah Jinhwan-shii. What are you doing down here?” The nurse wearing white uniform with her nametag written Park greeted him. He met her several times before in the cafeteria.

 

“I’m here to get some drinks from the vending machine. By the way, I want to ask something actually.” He said as the nurse tenta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter