Chapter 24

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]

I hope this chapter somehow makes sense to you guys ... ^^
Enjoy~

Like what I have posted in the story feed, I make this short. ;) well sorta ^^'v

 

 


 

It was bizarre to describe their entrance to the hospital. Too many shouts and cries of help ringing through the emergency room the second they stepped their feet on the concrete flooring of the unforeseeable place filled with thousands of life and death, hope and despair. They bore it in mind that speed was crucial yet they needed to be careful and indistinct not to catch any particular attention towards them; the popular idols of the country gathered together for the night with a bloody young boy in their arms. Definitely not the spotlight they wanted to have.

 

 

Waiting was definitely what they had to endure afterwards. They had given the trustworthy to the doctor and nurses to save Chanwoo’s life and now all of them had no choice but to stay still in the private waiting room whilst praying for the younger and wait. Time started to tick slowly giving room for paranoia to fill their beings.

 

 

Youngbae took the responsibility to inform Yang Hyun Suk about what had happened. Surprise was an understatement to delineate the CEO’s reaction to the whole ordeal. He told Youngbae that he would come as soon as possible and Youngbae was glad to hear that. After all, the presence of the CEO was the most needed at the moment not only for the old man to be in charge of all the documents required for Chanwoo’s surgery but also to ease the 11 anxious young boys with them.

 

 

And just like what had been promised, he came with the deepest grimace on his face an hour after the call. It was only him and his brother Yang Min-suk trailing behind him wearing the exact expression as him. The two brothers were taken aback entirely hearing what had happened in the building and they had never seen Yang Hyun Suk been speechless and lost. It was silence with few deep sighs that he could only give to them over the news.

 

 

Nobody dared to leave the waiting room –excluding Jennie who had to go back home for her practice tomorrow early at dawn; Youngbae sent her back with his blood-stench car and returned to the hospital afterwards–. Chanwoo’s parents was informed about the matter and within any minutes they would come to see their son. Youngbae and Jiyong was all aware of the turmoil playing in the CEO’s mind. Looking at how tensed he was, Yang Hyun Suk might be thinking what kind of strong excuses he could give to Chanwoo’s parents because definitely telling them that a ghost just attacked their son without no reason wouldn’t be any helpful. And yes, the same thing was currently stressing everyone out.

 

 

Unknowingly, 6 hours had passed and the surgery door was finally opened. The crystal clear glass door slid opened revealing a young female surgeon walking out from the surgery room all alone. Young fitted her description well and they guessed she was around the same age as Youngbae and Jiyong. Within seconds, she was surrounded by a group of people with infinite worries in them that couldn’t alter with just any mere persuasion.

 

 

The lack of smile on her face scared all of them. “Family of Jung Chanwoo-goon?”

 

 

“Ah no, but I am his guardian. His parents are on their way.” It was Yang Hyun Suk that answered her question. They noticed the look the doctor gave to him and to all of them. The way her eyes travelled towards them with her brows slightly raised in not so very friendly manner was considered rude in Jiyong’s opinion but he kept the thought only to himself. After all, he was not the only one thinking of such.

 

 

“I am surprise to encounter such a case. As hard as it is to say but the patient is in a very serious condition despite the success of the surgery.” She started out with a heavy sigh and her words burnt in everyone’s ears.

 

 

“Jung Chanwoo-goon has lost too many blood. From the X-Ray results he suffers from a grade 3 concussion, 5 broken ribs, broken ulna and radius of his right arm. His left leg’s tibia and femur were apparently broken too.” She listed out all of Chanwoo’s injuries in the language that they had it hard to understand. But from the gasp that was out from Donghyuk and Seungyoon’s mouth, they considered it serious enough.

 

 

“The knee cap in his left leg was badly fractured and ….” She paused her words. Clucking her tongue and biting her red lips in utter frustration. Her eyes were closed like she wanted to get rid of the nightmare only for it to open back later. “Let’s just say, none of the part of the patient’s body is not broken.” This time, they all had the gasp out from their mouths. They couldn’t imagine how hurtful it must be for the poor maknae. The thought already had s tearing up.

 

 

“But those are the least of our worries.” She snapped everybody out with her next words. All eyes were on her widely enough to swallow a whole elephant.

 

 

“What do you mean by that?” Jiyong asked her. The silence was ripped apart from him. He could feel how constricted the air entering his lungs when the woman’s face fell.

 

 

“Please come with me, sir. We have a lot to discuss.” She gestured for Yang Hyun Suk to follow her and the old man had no choice but to oblige with an obvious twirl of puzzlement running wild in his mind. The two leaved with Yang Min-suk and others could do nothing other than helplessly watching them walked away with more confusion clouding their minds.

 

 

All of the iKON's members were shedding tears over their younger. They had it hard to contain the sadness in them. It was harder for Donghyuk especially since he was also the victim but it was Chanwoo that had to receive the end of the ghost’s wrath alone. WINNER members were right beside them comforting each other, whispering words to ease their worries.

 

 

It was the breaking point for Youngbae when he saw Chanwoo wheeled out from the surgery room minute later. His entire body was bandaged but the one that was wrapped around his head covering both of his ears got Youngbae shuddered in fear. He wondered what was those for but he refused to know. The words from the doctor earlier were enough to knock him out of balance.

 

 

Chanwoo was sent to the ICU room and he would be under a strict surveillance from the hospital. No visitors were allowed; one of the nurses had told them. s were in a terrible state crying outside the room and the painful whimpers from the boys drove all of Youngbae’s nerves to pull Jiyong with him to the corner. The tug on his arm was hard and hurtful but the leader preferred for his arm to break rather than for his eyes to meet Youngbae’s red flaming one.

 

 

“Call him.” Jiyong frowned deeply. The tug on his left arm was gone.

 

 

“Who?”

 

 

“Seungri.” Jiyong’s eyebrows twitched dangerously when the younger name was out from Youngbae’s mouth. Like seriously? Call Seungri?

 

 

“Are you out of your mind, Bae?”

 

 

“No, that is you. And no one in here is far crazier than you are. So I need you to call him.” Youngbae ordered him firmly. The sarcasm laced in his words were hard to disregard.

 

 

“And why would I do that?” He bravely dared his friend.

 

 

“So that you can say goodbye to him and delete that damn stupid app. Right. Now.” It was like another lighting struck through his entire body when his brain registered those words. The confusion from earlier changed to a bafflement and disbelief rained on Jiyong. He backed away one step from Youngbae and his face screamed denial.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter