Chapter 21

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]Hello to everyone~ ^^ I'm sorry for the lack of update for about 3 weeks already. First, it was the wedding and I am glad to tell you guys that it went out really well! ^^ I was praised for my MCing skill and woo that's awesome. /allow me to be absorbed in my little arrogant world for a while people okay done/ haha but yeah, other than that it was so stressful. I'm getting down to a little bit of stress nowadays and I got a flu and is still sick right now. ==" sigh trust me, handling a wedding preparation is so NOT fun. It is so stressful and I'm so done with it. TT Too many emotions in these past few weeks.

Anyway, enough with my nagging. I got this one written halfway a day after I posted C20 but it got halted up bcoz of the wed.
This should be longer but I can't spoil your mood for reading it too long so enjoy~ ;)

 

 

 

The phone was tightly held in his grip. His mouth felt dry and it was getting harder to form words. Everything that happened was something out of the world. He knew that the supernatural things that occurred were true but for it to reach this level of madness was truly beyond belief.

 

 

After much contemplation, Youngbae decided to make one last call using the app to clarify the thing that had been bugging his mind for the past hours. He knew that voice anywhere. It was definitely belonged to Daesung and he had never been so sure of it before. He struggled a bit with the app, fear and judgmental clouding his mind but the red button was pressed nonetheless.

 

 

He put the phone close to his right ear welcoming the buzzes and waited for the call to be picked up. Fortunately, it did. With his heart thumping loudly in his eardrums, Youngbae took a heavy breath and tried to reach out to the person on the other line.

 

 

“He-hello? Daesung?” His voice sounded wary and the beating of his heart was not helping either. However, when his greeting was responded, his heart skipped a beat and the time seemed to stop momentarily.

 

 

“**H*ello Yo*ungbae hyung**…”

 

 

And it took him a full one minute to get a good grasp of the situation. His left hand went to cup his gaping mouth. Eyes shined with disbelief and horror yet he didn’t know why he felt like crying. The voice that he had been missing for almost a year was resonating in his ears. Whimpers came out unexpectedly from his mouth and he had to take a control of his body and mind before he out.

 

 

“D-Daesung, i-is this really …. you?” He asked again in utter disbelief only to receive warm chuckles from the other side along a few buzzes but this time it had slowed down.

 

 

“**Yes, it is* me.” Daesung answered him and Youngbae didn’t even know when his cheeks were wet. “It’s nice to** hear your voice* again, hyung. *Are you doing * well?”

 

 

“Of course I am! I’m living up my life much better than everyone else.” Youngbae answered back playfully while his hand wiping off the tears. He tried to sound jolly but the trembles in his voice betrayed him. “D-Daesung-ah, you are Daesung right? Our Kang Daesung?” The hesitation was not easy to vaporize.

 

 

“H*yung, I know that it’s* not easy for you to believe in me but*** I am really Daesung. **The vocalist of BIGBANG, ** overly popular in Japan and** the one who has the biggest nose in the group.”

 

 

“Yeah, you are really him.” The two then laughed together. Youngbae was glad that he even had the chance to joke around with Daesung once again and by the intonation of his voice, he was certain that it was really Daesung; his dongsaeng by a year that passed away in a tragic car accident.

 

 

“How is this even possible.” It came out more like a statement than a question. Daesung only gave out an awkward laugh hearing it. Youngbae knew that the laugh meant even the younger had no idea about it.

 

 

“H-how is** Seunghyun hyu*ng?” The question came out from the younger eventually. Youngbae felt his mind snapped hearing the older name. His heart throbbing in pain remembering about him. He lifted his head and the sight of the Intensive Care Unit came into his view. He felt the tears pouring down again.

 

 

With shaky breath, he answered nonetheless, “He is in a pretty bad shape, Dae. They said he is critical and probably he cou—he couldn’t make it.” Youngbae heard a gasp from the younger before sobs came greeting his eardrum.

 

 

“Th**is is his* fault.” Daesung said, voice full with tears. “I-I to*ld him. I have even** warned him not to call me again. But he** was so stubborn.” His words somehow managed to get Youngbae back into his senses. Body stiffen and mind racing with thoughts. “I’m sorry hy*ung. I should have** warned him better.” Daesung’s apology didn’t reach Youngbae as the man was more focused on his words earlier.

 

 

“Daesung-ah, what do you mean by that? You warned hyung before about calling you?” After the sobs had cleared, Daesung let out a hum as a yes to the question. “But why?” Inquired Youngbae curiously. His heart pumping up again.

 

 

It was silence for a few seconds before Daesung said, “Hyung**, I’m already dead.” He started off taking Youngbae out of the guard with the simple word. “And ** there is no wa***y a living person can communicate with* a dead people. But as you can s**ee, * this app is proving the otherwise**.” He halted and Youngbae started to realize that the buzzes were getting stronger making his heart felt uneasy.

 

 

“This app *** is like a brid*ge between the living world and ** the afterlife. But, **** along the bridge, ** there are just so many hur*****dles until it* slowly cracks.” Youngbae admitted that he was smart but not an Einstein. He truly had no idea on what Daesung was spluttering about but he knew that it was the key to everything that happened. The buzzes were getting stronger but Youngbae couldn’t give up yet. He tried to strained his ear to listen to Daesung’s voice.

 

 

“Daesung-ah, what are you saying? I can’t understand you.” He asked but then the buzzes came in full force again and Youngbae didn’t want to make himself much panicked. However, the terrorizing buzzes almost sounded like something else. Like a voice of people screaming.

 

 

“****Hy*un*******g,** Youngbae** hyung,**** I ne--***”

 

 

“D-Daesung?! What is happening?! What did you say?” He asked with urgency yet the buzzes wouldn’t give him any mercy. It came like a hurricane roaring through the field without no sign of coming. It made the chill went down his spines all over again.

 

 

“Hyu**ng, I nee***d you to** hang up n***ow.” It would be a lie if he said he was not surprised with Daesung’s words.

 

 

“What?! No, Daesung. You need to tell me what is happening first. What bridge? What is happening to us?!” He felt the adrenaline rushing through his entire body. Youngbae knew that he shouldn’t stop now when he was getting so close to the truth. Even so, it seemed just like what he had predicted. None of it would be easy.

 

 

“******Plea*se hyung. ** **You have to. For yo***ur own safety. **” He felt mad to hang up the call but he had no choice. Although he wanted so badly to hear more, the voice of Daesung pleading for him to hang up made his heart moved to do it. And he did it. He hung up and stared to nowhere with confusion painted on his face.

 

 

The conversation was at least giving him some lights out of the darkness. Although it was not proven yet but now he knew the source of all the catastrophe that was happening. He unlocked the phone and stared at the icon of the app with uttermost hatred in his eyes. It is this stupid thing all along. He felt angry just by looking at it. For just a small thing but the consequences that it brought caused life to be taken. 

 

 

Realization hit on him. The adrenaline rush at the moment was not the thing that pumped his heart furiously. It was rage and Youngbae just knew who was the person that could calm himself down. He thought of someone who was just like Seunghyun. Someone who had lost his precious one. Someone who was dwelling in the dark and then miraculously getting out of it. Although with a few scars along the way, that person made it out alive from the dark.

 

 

“Jiyong…” The name slipped out from his mouth and he didn’t wait any longer. He stood up from the metal chair and walked with big steps towards the exit. He would be flying back to Korea soon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The darkness was suffocating him. He found it harder to breathe with the seconds that passed by. There was not even a single light to shine the way for him. The cold winds hit his face slightly messing his already disheveled hair but he didn’t care about it anymore. He needed to find the way out from the dark.

 

 

He walked forward in hopes of bumping into something or someone to help him on the way. When he turned his head to his right and saw the back of a man wearing a black jacket and blue-sky skinny jeans, he approached him but before he managed to get any closer the said man turned his back around and the sight shook his entire body.

 

 

“Seunghyun hyung?!” Jiyong couldn’t believe what he was seeing in front of his eyes. He found it hard for his brain to interpret how Seunghyun was there in the dark with him. He looked closely at his unresponsive hyung and only when he squinted his eyes he saw how pale Seunghyun was but the thing that bothered him the most was the blood that flowed down from his head to his cheeks and neck down to his shoulders wetting his black expensive jacket. The sight frightened Jiyong to no end.

 

 

He tried to call for Seunghyun again but suddenly the ground was shaking like an earthquake. His body was unbalanced and when he felt the harsh winds came slapping his face once again, Jiyong finally realized how red Seunghyun’s eyes were and the look that he gave to him would be haunting his life for eternity.

 

 

“… -- yong….” He heard a voice calling for him. He tried to run but he found his body wouldn’t listen to his command anymore. He felt cold earlier but now the familiar warmth was comforting and welcoming. He wondered where was he and who was the voice belongs to.

 

 

 

“Jiyong!”

 

 

In an instant, his eyes opened widely i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter