Chapter 13

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]Yeah an update. ;)

And excuse me for a long chapter. Nah, you guys won't mind it right? ^^v

 

 

The trepidation that ran through his body was burning every muscle inside. The feeling of another bad omen that was coming couldn’t get away from tugging cruelly at his heartstrings. The repeating unfortunate events that kept unfolding in front of his eyes were dragging his entire being to the edge. Only time could determine his breaking point.

 

 

Youngbae didn’t care about the rules anymore. He parked his car nearest the hospital’s emergency entrance and rushed inside with 2 of YGE staffs and his manager tailing behind. They headed to the receptionist then after getting the information about the accident they ran towards the emergency room; meeting up with their chief, Yang Hyun Suk and his younger brother, Yang Min-suk.

 

 

It felt like his heart was hammered till it cracked but soon it was shattered when they told Youngbae that it was not only Ji Eun who was involved in the accident. Apparently, the young lady was together with one of the BIGBANG’s stylists Taehyun and another young trainee of YGE who Ji Eun was supposed to send back home tonight as they lived in the same neighborhood.

 

 

At the mention of Taehyun’s name, Youngbae’s heart sank deeper. He had known her for long time. She was with them since the first day they made it into the big screen. Through thick and thin she had always been there since the beginning. All 5 of them had always thought of her as their big sister; the one who they can rely on, laugh and cry together. To know that she was also involved in the accident with wounds on her body took half of Youngbae’s life away.

 

 

Of course, Ji Eun was important to him too. That woman was one of the people who had seen the journey of BIGBANG until they reached the top of the world. She helped them a lot, not just with fixing their clothes or managed their styles but also became their friends. Ji Eun had always been nice to the boys and Jiyong with Youngbae had taken a liking on her too. She was a good friend to them.

 

 

Yang Hyun Suk who knew how big the impact of the accident to Youngbae patted on the latter’s shoulder as encouragement. He mouthed a ‘have faith’ to him and Youngbae couldn’t be more grateful for him to be there at the moment. He released his hand from Youngbae when the doctor in charge of the surgery came out from the Operation Room alongside few nurses. All of them; including Youngbae swarmed the middle-aged doctor in hope of receiving a good news upon the three.

 

 

The doctor said that the operation went out smoothly which all of them were grateful enough but not all of it was good. The accident seemed to be a terrible one and it wouldn’t be a wonder if the three involved was in a serious condition. Ji Eun took the blow pretty badly but she was lucky to survive, Taehyun was injured on the lower part of her body especially her legs since she was stuck at the front seat but had been stabilized much to Youngbae’s relief.

 

 

But it took on a different turn with the young trainee.

 

 

It turned out that the force of the accident made her brain collided with the internal hard bone of her skull and cause brain hemorrhage. She had a few fractures of bones around her head and it was fatal. The doctor clarified her death 10 minutes after they brought her to the hospital.

 

 

Yang Hyun Suk took the news the hardest among all of them. Not only that he lost a precious talented kid, but he also lost a family in her company. He had mentioned before that he knew about that young trainee since he was there to evaluate her during the audition. He felt sad and worried on how to break the news to her parents.

 

 

Another group of nurses walked out from the Operation Room pushing along 3 strollers with human bodies on it. The first one was Ji Eun and Youngbae was more than happy to see her in one-piece although half of her face was covered with bandages followed by Taehyun who was sleeping soundly probably because of the drugs. They were brought to their rooms so that they could take a proper rest.

 

 

The next one came to them with the white blanket covering her body entirely including her face. Youngbae felt extremely sorry towards the young trainee who had to pay the consequences of other’s action. She was in a middle high school if Youngbae wasn’t mistaken since he remembered to have reviewed her entry to YG few months back. The nurses took her body to the morgue and decided to wait until her family came to claim her body.

 

 

 

 

 

After the conversation with the police officer, they knew that; first, it was an accident involving only one car much to YG’s relief because they couldn’t afford another scandal if Ji Eun had crashed into another car. Second, it seemed like the police had taken the first step on uncovering the case by taking their blood sample for a test. The result however showed that none of them were under the influence of alcohol. The police also told them that the investigation was still on process but they had got the impression that from the way the car crashed along the screeched signs of the tires on the crime scene, the car was stopped rather abruptly showing that the driver was in shock. For why was the reason, nobody knew.

 

 

Leaving behind the officer with the others, Youngbae went to Ji Eun’s room to check on her. He entered the room silently with his manager beside him. Youngbae saw the nurse inside putting on some wires and the IV drip on Ji Eun. After she had done, she left Youngbae alone in the room for privacy.

 

 

Youngbae took the seat on the chair beside the bed while his manager was busied with his phone probably informing others at the headquarters about the news. He held on Ji Eun’s hand and shuddered at the coldness of her palm. The dim light of the room was enough for him to see how ugly the stitches and wounds on her face and body. Youngbae had never seen Ji Eun that fragile before.  

 

 

“Please get better soon. You need to get better and help me over here.” Youngbae whispered out to the sleeping Ji Eun in hope for her to hear his vain plead. He could only hold onto her hand to provide some heat. While he was spacing out, his phone rang in his pocket breaking the tranquility of solemn air around. He took it out and Jiyong’s name flashed through the screen.

 

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

 

“Youngbae-ah! What happened to Ji Eun?! Is it true that she got into an accident? What happened, Bae?! Is she alright? Where are you?!!”

 

 

Finally he knew was what Youngbae thought when the leader’s loud voice boomed through his phone’s speaker. Putting the phone nearer to his ear, Youngbae inhaled deeply because he just knew that this wouldn’t be easy.

 

 

“Calm down first, Jiyong. I’m with her at the hospital right now and your voice is disturbing the peace.” The sentence managed to silent the leader. “She is just fine. They barely lost her during the surgery but she is fine now. You don’t have to worry so much.” Youngbae rubbed his temple and sighed tiredly. For some kind of reason, everything that was happening was too fast for him. It felt suffocating to be in his place.

 

 

“Jiyong, Taehyun noona is here too.” Youngbae said it with difficulties. He was still shaken up with the sudden news but he knew that Jiyong needed to know.

 

 

“..... I know.” Was the only thing that Jiyong replied after a few seconds of silence. Youngbae was not surprised with that. Maybe Jiyong had heard about it from his manager or from the others. The sigh that came out from Jiyong sounded so depressed in Youngbae’s ear. “I haven’t seen her yet. I will go to her room after this. She was in pretty bad shape, Ji. She was stuck in the car and hurt her legs. They said there could be a possibility that she might be ... paralyzed.”

 

 

The silent that answered him only added the anguish flooding through Youngbae’s heart. He didn’t know how to confront Taehyun if she woke up. The simple thought of such a cruel thing to happen to her made his heart swelled in pain. He prayed to God for nothing bad to happen to Taehyun and that she would be just fine.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong felt bad for what had happened to the three. He didn’t know why would he feel that way but he just had the hunch that he should be. Like the accident was a part of his fault. The gibberish thought kept haunting his mind for every seconds that passed by.

 

 

He knew how bad the situation was to the company. In just a few hours, the media would know about the accident and they would not stop until they got what they wanted; for Yang Hyun Suk to talk. But Jiyong wasn’t worry about that much. He knew that the old man could make up thousands of excuses to avoid those shameful reporters. The thing that he was actually worrying about was how the title of the front-page going to be for the next morning.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter