Chapter 26

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]

Hello to everyone~ ^^ I'm sorry for the lack of update for the past few days.. (about 2 weeks already). Lots of things to do, I got hook up with games and novel haha forgive me. ^^ And I'm a bit down for a certain thigs involving furthering studies and such... plus ..

My phone broke down ... T^T Not that bad but, it's more like annoying. I think it's the karma for writing this story. Because you know why, my phone can do things by itself. I haven't touched the screen yet but its already move and stuff... /gasp!/ scaaaaryyyyy~~ O.O Even set alarm by itself and calls others without me calling..... ==" /its set the alarm around 2 am in the morning and i was like what the hell am i going to do in 2 am?!/ -.-

 

nah, my brother said it's because of the screen inside. So I have to send it to the shop for repair and got to wait for about a month or two before I got it back. A MONTH OR TWO PEOPLE! OH GOD HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LIVE WITHOUT MY PHONE FOR THAT TIME BEING?! =..=' WHAT IF PEOPLE WHATSAPP ME OR CALLING FOR INTERVIES???!!! O.O O.O O.O It's only been a year but already broke down. Cis, I feel betrayed. T____T

What can do already, stuffs happen sometimes. =="

 

/sorry just need to let this out because got no one to tell oh well here you go the next chap sorry for the delay/ ^^v

 

 

 

 

Nothing changed yet nothing stays the same either since the dreadful incidents days ago. The news of Chanwoo been hurt and admitted to the hospital for multiples severe injuries incited the whole world attention. The mentioned of another bully scandal ignited thousands of debates in the society and the video which showed the members of YG Family ‘fighting’ –as what was believed and spread by the media– became viral.

 

 

For a few days the news had been under controlled by the company. However, the demands from the Korean netizens for the authorities’ involvement and interrogation against the iKON members and YG Entertainment had the whole company at stake. Even Yang Hyun Suk was powerless to fight back.

 

 

The company and the CEO Yang Hyun Suk himself were charged with abusing and bullying a minor, violating the contract between the company and the victim. They, the authorities, had the whole employees and artists under investigation. The iKON members was no exception. The boys were interrogated by the polices and were asked many questions regarding their relationship with the maknae including the incident that happened that night.

 

 

Regardless of the harsh treatments by the netizens, thankfully Chanwoo’s parents stepped up for the boys and the company. Thus all the charges were dropped entirely leaving for them to only answer any specific questions which they desired to give without any compulsion. Even so all the charges had been dropped, the authorities just seemed wouldn’t let them go yet.

 

 

No words to describe the netizens’ reaction on the whole ordeal. They were the worst.

 

 

The boys avoided attentions from the medias and the world until the storm subsided. They decided to step out into the world and cleared their names after Chanwoo would wake up again from his coma. They visited the maknae everyday despite having cameras following them around each time they leave the dorm. They were still under the spotlight but that didn’t stop them from walking out freely from their safe house to the outside world. Because they knew that they were innocent and if the others closer to them knew it too, then that was enough already.

 

 

And Youngbae knew that they were indeed innocent. All of them did. Which was why he willingly coming to visit Chanwoo again in the hospital today as a sign of support to them. He came early in the morning, straightforwardly made his way to the normal hospital ward where the younger was transferred into about 3 days ago. He calmly opened the door, greeting the iKON boys and a lady in the same room. He was surprised yet the presence of Chanwoo’s mother was what he expected to see.

 

 

He walked closer and saw the older woman was wiping her son’s body with a wet towel. His eyes moved along with the blue cotton fabric lightly travelling on the pale skin of the young boy. Youngbae purposely acted like he didn’t see all the black and bluish spots marking the boy’s body. From the glimpse that he saw, the bruises and marks on the maknae’s limbs were slowly disappearing except for the one in between his right shoulder and his neck. It took time to heal completely looking at the purplish-red colors of it.

 

 

He lent his hands when she changed Chanwoo’s clothes into a cleaner one with the help of Yunhyeong and Bobby. The smile from her lips resembled Chanwoo so much and the warmth she emitted gave a pleasant feeling to them. Her eyes although looked dull and tired, it was alive, no hatred embedded in her orbs when her gaze fell on the two young men despite all the hurdles her family had to go through.

 

 

Youngbae had a few talks with Chanwoo’s mother the day when her son was still in the ICU, condition not getting any better but promising enough to await. Relief couldn’t describe how he felt when the older woman confessed to him saying that she did not have any grudge nor anger towards the boys and the company. The image of the woman smiling sincerely with a tears-stricken and sunken face would never be erased from his memory as she told him that there was no day without her son telling her how his older members treated him nicely and warmly.

 

 

She said Chanwoo had always adored his other hyungs and the young boy sounded so delighted whenever he talked about them to his mother through every phone calls they had every weekends. Any hints of abuse or bully had never crossed their conversations, not even once.

 

 

“They would never do that to my son.” was what she said to him that evening beneath the dim lights of the hall illuminating the place giving a solemn solitude and grief to the people waiting for their beloved one fighting for their own lives inside. The glint of certainty in her eyes was convincing enough to lift the fear up from him. Although the whole world was against them, at least Chanwoo’s mother was still standing and believing in them. That was all that matters.

 

 

Chanwoo’s mother left 10 minutes later saying that she needed to bring more clothes for her stays in the hospital and promised to bring foods along for the boys earning elated cheers from them. She eventually left, leaving behind Youngbae and the boys of iKON to take care of the soundly sleeping Chanwoo. Youngbae took it as a chance to finally hear the story of the night from the boys.

 

 

He didn’t have the opportunity to ask since they hardly met each other for the past few days because of the interrogation process. No one got to see anybody, -except for a few phone calls but certain things couldn’t just be solved through a phone call in Youngbae's opinion. - It made the mystery of the night became much mysterious for Youngbae as he didn’t know the full story behind it.; of what exactly happened before Donghyuk, Bobby and Junhoe running crazily along the hall and what had caused the maknae to be locked up inside the practice room. For days and nights only the thought filled his mind and it was hard for him to dismiss it.

 

 

“I need you guys to tell me, what exactly happened that night.”

 

 

And they told him the story, entirely. Not even a word missed. Every details were given and each emotions implied to the tragedy were uncovered. From the moment they started their practice, the older members leaving until the part Chanwoo been left alone while Donghyuk went to the washroom, all of it were slowly unwrapped one by one.

 

 

Donghyuk told them about what had happened to him in the washroom that night. The voices he heard, the sound of waters rumbling down from the sink down to the floor, everything; nothing been left behind. He clearly could see the fear on the boy’s face and Youngbae thought how terrified he must have been to experience such a nightmare all alone, in a washroom nonetheless.

 

 

The paleness of his skin matched Chanwoo’s. How his voice quivered when he told them about the things he heard that woman said to him while he desperately tried to break free from that place. Youngbae could only think of one possibility when he listened to Donghyuk’s side of story; that whatever the things that would happen that night, they were planning to ‘take Chanwoo’ like what Donghyuk said.

 

 

Something that was not even close to kidnapping or such. They wanted him. His life to be exact.

 

 

“You mean she wanted to … k-kill him?” The word slipped out from Yunhyeong’s mouth without the latter knowing it. He had his hand covering his mouth in a nanosecond before his other members’ eyes fell on him. His eyes were wide opened, flashing out an unspoken apology feeling how stupid he was for not stopping himself. Or at the most least, filtered the words. He had Jinhwan rolling his eyes on him, telling Yunhyeong to shut up as if they could speak telepathically.

 

 

After that they talked about the practice room’s door that magically didn’t break despite of it been made of glass. The door was one thing to be concerned about. No matter what kind of logic the police made up, -they said the glass didn’t break was probably because it was made from a very high quality materials- it was still a glass. And glass was supposed to break when we tried to break it. Nothing could beat that truth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter