Chapter 14

Reaching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]I am so sorry for the delay. And unfortunately for me to say, this might be my last update before the exam coming. Lots of things to study and I got little time too. I am truly sorry but don't worry, I'll be back soon. :)

But before my hiatus, I'm gonna throw you guys some crazy shade first. kkkkk

#sorrynotsorry for this. ;P

 

 

 

Nothing could delineate how worried Jiyong was at the moment. He tried to keep his composure but the more he tried, the more the worrisome flooded through his mind. Pacing back and forth in his dark bedroom, with phone in right hand Jiyong was in a deep thought. He kept thinking of what could go wrong and had gone wrong.

 

 

For the umpteenth times he tapped on the phone’s screen. With hope building up and silent prayer in heart he put the phone close to his ear. The buzzes were what welcomed him just like the first time he tried to make a call for the day. But that was the only things that greeted him; buzzes. Voice of someone had never been heard.

 

 

Jiyong still wouldn’t give up. He tried again and again until the sound of the buzzes sounded normal in his ears. He knew that he would never be in peace until Seungri picked up his call. He needed to hear the younger voice. To assure himself that everything was fine and he was just being paranoid again.

 

 

Luckily for him, after the 7th beep, Seungri picked up.

 

 

“Where have you been?!” Jiyong yelled angrily. “I tried to call you since the last 2 hours! What the hell, Ri!!” Jiyong didn’t even wait for the younger to say a word. No matter how rude he sounded like, he had every right to lash out on him. Jiyong was worried about everything that was happening and Seungri didn’t pick up his call only worsen things up. Jiyong felt like he could just die if the younger never answered his call.

 

 

“H*hyung... What ha*ppened? Why are you so* mad?” Seungri voice was heard and only God knew how relief Jiyong was to hear his voice again. The melody in it soothed his soul and cleared his messy mind. It was like the weight on his shoulders was lifted the moment he heard Seungri’s voice.

 

 

“Sorry maknae. I didn’t mean to yell at you. I’m just...” Jiyong halted on his words to let out a heavy sigh, “I’m worried about you. I wonder where you were during the time I couldn’t reach out to you. You are okay right, maknae? Nothing bad happens to you right?” Another wave of worrisome flooded Jiyong’s mind at the simple thought of anything bad happening to his maknae. Since he still didn’t know about the sudden disconnection of the calls earlier, his mind could only interpret that something bad might happen to Seungri. And his heart burned at the thought playing in his mind.

 

 

“Don’t worry Jiyong hyung. *** I’m fine. * Nothing bad*happen. Really hyun*g.* I miss you.”

 

 

The confession from Seungri warmed Jiyong’s cold heart. A sweet smile formed on his face. Love filled his eyes whenever he was thinking about Seungri. When he felt his legs were hurting from standing and walking too long, he sat on the edge of the bed; hand holding the phone firmly to his ear.

 

 

“I miss you too, maknae. You would never know how much I miss you. They call me crazy, look at me differently and judging me behind my back whenever I talk about you. When I mentioned your name, they smile encouragingly in front of me but I know they say something about me to others. They don’t understand me. They don’t know how I feel.”

 

 

Jiyong let out his emotion to the younger on the other side. He hated to cry but Jiyong couldn’t take it anymore. The feelings that he hid along the time had finally came out. But he was not afraid to let Seungri see it because the younger had always seen it before. Although they acted differently –with Jiyong being quite and Seungri the ever hyperactive one- they understood each other by heart.

 

 

It had been bugging on his mind for a long time if it was right to call Seungri his soul mate. Because whatever the things that they shared, things they cherished together and the darkest moment they went through side by side, it definitely felt like having a soul mate. Yet Jiyong never voiced it out to the younger or any of the members. He thought it would be better if he was the only one who thought about it that way.

 

 

“Seungri-ah, nothing bad is happening right? Everything is alright, right maknae?” Looking for certainty, Jiyong asked the question that stuck in his mind all the time. He hoped for whatever the things that his smart brain could think of was not true. And that they were actually good. Just good....

 

 

And Jiyong hoped once again for the silence after that meant nothing at all.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Meanwhile, at the hospital-

1:50 a.m.

 

 

Was he hearing it right? Daesung? Kang Daesung?! Was it really him? No, that was impossible. It couldn’t be him. Daesung was dead and the whole world eventually knew that. The members and he were the living proof of it.

 

 

Youngbae could still remember clearly the night they received a call from the hospital informing them about Daesung who got involved into a car accident along with his manager. Youngbae knew that both of them were on their way to Daesung’s hometown for his long-awaited vacation. Without thinking or any discussion being made by the group; except from helping the wreckage Seunghyun to recollect himself, all of the remaining members rushed to the hospital to check on the second maknae of the group.

 

 

And to think of it, it was the exact hospital where Youngbae was currently at right now. One by one his brain unveiled the memories of the fateful night. The parking lot, the main entrance and the pungent smell of the hospital only sent him to the edge. But the worst was when they were taken into the morgue and it felt like everything had come to an end the moment Daesung’s cold body was shown to them.

 

 

It was the worst memory that they had. Seungri was the first one to break down and Youngbae himself had to comfort the younger in his arms. Jiyong faced the body with unreadable expression but empty eyes while Seunghyun seemed almost dead beside the leader. Everything was a nightmare that they knew had no ending.

 

 

But the things that happened at the moment were not just a nightmare. It felt like a curse and Youngbae had been trying really hard to figure out any faces of people out there that they had ever hurt before either it was a fan or the people closest to them. He didn’t believe on such a superstitious thing but anything out of the world made sense usually in their case.

 

 

When the stylist, Taehyun mentioned Daesung’s name, Youngbae could feel the blood drained from his entire body. Chillness took over him and if it was not because of the doctor and nurses around trying desperately to sedate Taehyun, she wouldn’t stop saying his name like a mantra and Youngbae wouldn’t even be standing on the ground. Thanks to Yang Min-suk, he was able to get out from the room without fainting.

 

 

Afraid was an understatement. Youngbae was terrified. Not only because of the accident that took the trainee’s life or the fact that Taehyun had seen a dead Daesung on the road before the accident but because of the things that was happening around him. It felt like his world was turning upside down and everything started to fell into some kind of a Twilight Zone. It was unlikely to happen and impossible. Ridiculous described it well in Youngbae’s opinion.

 

 

So, did that make Taehyun telling them lies? But why would she lie? What benefit would she gain from it? It confused Youngbae even more and the realization that maybe she was really telling them the truth started to dawn on him. But how could that be possible? The dead one couldn’t come back to life. That was incredulous!

 

 

Or was it even possible?

 

 

“Oh, my head! What the hell is happening right now?!” Feeling frustrated, Youngbae clutched onto his head in desperation. His head was spinning from thinking too much. After a while, Yang Hyun Suk came to approach him on the bench outside the hallway. He put his hand on the latter’s shoulder and Youngbae lifted up his head at the touch.

 

 

“Youngbae, please don’t force yourself. You know that we couldn’t trust Taehyun for this just because she hallucinated over something.” The CEO comforted Youngbae who was in a mess and clueless over what happened. From the look of it, he knew that Youngbae was reaching his limit.

 

 

“But I don’t get it, hyung. Does that mean she lied to us? Why would she do that?!” He inquired to the older man beside him. Rage slowly made its way to him but Youngbae took a deep breath to calm down. Being angry was pointless at the moment. He needed to keep his head down.

 

 

“Don’t you hear me just now? She hallucinated about it. It’s normal for a victim of car accident to hallucinate over things. The doctor told us that it’s the effect of the shock. None of what she said just now are true. You should not believe in her.”

 

 

Was it? Was it really a mere hallucination? What if she is telling the truth after all? Youngbae couldn’t stop thinking about the possibility of it not being a hallucination. Something in his heart told him that Taehyun was telling the truth. That she was actually awake just now and tried to tell them what she really saw.

 

 

“Hyung, what if she was telling the truth? What if it was not a hallucination? We can’t deny that.” He said it while looking deeply into the CEO’s eyes trying to make him see his logic. But of course he wouldn’t. Who would believe such a thing like that?

 

 

“Stop talking rubbish, Youngbae-ah. It’s impossible for her to see Daesung. He is dead and we can’t see a dead people.”

 

 

“But what if she really saw one? What if she really saw Daesung?” Youngbae tried to challenge Yang Hyun Suk. He knew that he acted like crazy and the person in front of him had started to see him as one but he didn’t care about that. His instinct had been telling him that it was possible although it was against the nature of the world.

 

 

“Stop it, Dong Youngbae! You need to stop thinking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter