eight

You're Cold, Milady

" Party " —;


 

"Woori! What does the word partition means?" the teacher snapped. "Do I look like I know?" Woori pointed at herself and shrugged ignorantly. "Can somebody please throw a damn dictionary in her face? Nam Woori, why do you come to school if you don't study—" "I came to school to dance though." she replied flatly. "You can take your stupid dancing else where! Go dance in the hallway." the teacher pointed towards the door, signalling her to get out.

"Studying is studying is ." Woori chanted as she boringly walked past the lockers, observing them one by one. "Woori? Why are you loitering in the hallway again?" a voice came from behind, the voice which Woori hated the most. "What do you want, sunbae? Was the smack I gave you not hard enough?" Woori said as she turned. "Wow at the sudden formality. You're always 'Ya Kim Sunggyu' 'Kim Sunggyu!' and now you're calling me sunbae? HAHA." he laughed pathetically.

Woori rolled her eyes at the sudden childishness of the 'obnoxious', 'cold' and arrogant school president. Where was the cold side in him? What happened? Did he got run over by a car? "You're such a cold . By the way, come to the party." Sunggyu said before he walked away. "Party? What party?"

 

"Ri- ah, please please come to the party." Myungsoo pouted as he clasped two hands together, begging his bestfriend to come to the party. "I know you're going to scold me but please I beg you. Just this once and i'll never ever ask you to come with me ever again." he begged once more. "Myungsoo. The competition is next Monday. And today is already Friday. I NEED to practice." Woori said, never bashing an eyelash. "But the girls will kill me. Please." Woori knew fair well what kind of girls he was talking about.

s that are deprived. Poor Myungsoo having these girls as fangirls, tsk.

"They won't let me off unless I have a date. And the only possible person is you. Pleaseeeeeee." Woori glanced at his face and sure enough, he looked like he was about to cry. "Go with Yoon Jaemi." she rolled her eyes. "Yoon Jaemi? Who the hell is that? I don't know no Yoon Jaemi." Myungsoo made a face. Woori mentally gapped at him for forgetting that easily.

"Ri- ah. Please, I in beg you." he groaned in frustration. "You only call me Ri when you want a favor, it's funny." she scoffed. "Okay, Woori please. You might tell me not to go, but I have to go there for some photography bull." he said. Woori still didn't budge, she continued looking at the mirror where Myungsoo was begging her. She heard him sigh before he stood up, staring straight into her eyes darkly. "You don't wanna come? Fine." he walked off.

Woori knew he would use this method sooner. "Fine i'll go." she said flatly. Myungsoo jumped before cupping her face, smiling widely. "Ri- ah, gomawo!" he exclaimed before pulling her into a big hug. Woori was still a little uncomfortable from the sudden cupping-of-face even though he had did it alot of times. It was like he wanted to kiss her, but of course, she didn't hope for that. "Okay let's go." Myungsoo beamed as he linked his arms with hers. "Now? And stop being so touchy Kim Myungsoo." Woori hissed as she pulled her arm back.

"Yes now. And why not?" he squinted his eyes before leaning into her face. "Woori are you thinking about something weird right now? Cause you're blushing." Myungsoo said as he poked her cheeks. "Ya stop teasing me or else..." Woori smirked before leaning closer to Myungsoo's face, making him back away. "I'll tease back." she continued before poking his cheeks the way he did.

"Psh, ya we need to go now. Don't you have any like stupid make up to put on?" he made a gesture all over his face. "Somehow you seem excited for Sunggyu's birthday party." Woori crossed her arms. "No no! Definitely not." he denied immediately. What she didn't know was that the reason he was excited for was because he got to go with her. Myungsoo quickly packed Woori's bag in a blink of an eye before he linked his arms with hers again and left the dance studio.

 

"Why are you coming to my house? Don't you have to go back home to change or something?" Woori asked. "I left my clothes at your house this morning when I came to go to school with you. Did you forget?" he raised an eyebrow. "Aigoo, our little miss forgetful." he chuckled before ruffling her hair. "You treat me like a kid." Woori glared. "I always treat you like a kid." Myungsoo beamed.

 


 

"Woori you look like ." Myungsoo said as he stared at her blankly. "Shut up." Woori cussed as she tried to concentrate on applying her eyeliner. This was one of the rare times where Woori actually puts on eyeliner, the rest of the times, the eyeliner was just sitting on her desk rotting. "I can't take it anymore. You are so bad at this." Myungsoo said as he slapped her hand and grabbed the eyeliner pencil. He rubbed off the mess Woori made before he started drawing on her eyelids.

"Since when can you do make up?" she raised an eyebrow. "Sometimes I do make up for the models that I take picture of." he said bluntly. Woori nodded, appreciating how the school actually lets Myungsoo shine in photography. The school has given him many excellent opportunities to be a professional in the future. After 15 minutes, he was done.

Woori opened up her eyes and stared at herself. Her eyes definitely got bigger alright. "Sunggyu needs these. His eyes are too small." Woori shook her head. "Why don't we buy him eyeliner for his birthday present?" Myungsoo suggested. The two bestfriends stared at each other before they burst into laughter. "You don't need to do anything with your hair?" he asked. "What are you, my stylist?" Woori smacked his arm.

"Only if you allow me to." he bowed in pretense. "Psh, there's no need, let's just go." the 2 finally got out of the room when they saw Woori's parents. "Eommonim, abbeonim." Myungsoo bowed. "Oh hello Myungsoo..." Woohyun said. The 2 adults scanned both Woori and Myungsoo with an expressionless face, obviously not satisfied with what they just saw. "Are you two perhaps dating?" the 2 echoed, not liking the idea of Woori and Myungsoo dating at all.

"No? Where did you even get that idea. We're going to Sunggyu's birthday party together." Woori let out a frustrated sigh. The ears of the two adults perked up when they heard Sunggyu's name. "Oh alright! You two, have fun, don't come back too late!" they flashed a smile. Myungsoo narrowed his eyes towards Woori's parents. He found it suspicious how Taerin and Woohyun would suddenly beam when they hear Sunggyu's name. What was going on?

"Ya, let's go." Woori nudged.

 


 

They arrived at this huge mansion, presumably, Sunggyu's house. There was loud music and it was obvious as anyone could've heard it when they walk past the mansion. "Myungsoo, isn't Sunggyu a cold obnoxious and arrogant bastard? Why would he even hold a birthday party and invite people over to his house?" she asked. "I have no absolute idea but it seems that Sunggyu is changing. He isn't as cold as before. I mean, I heard that he didn't even hold a birthday party in the previous years." Myungsoo shrugged.

"Sigh. Let's just go in. It's a little cold tonight." Woori said as she trudged into the mansion. The place was too loud for Woori's liking and honestly, she hated these type of places, she didn't even know why she went. Oh right, it was because of Myungsoo. Even though Woori is actually old enough to go to clubs, she doesn't like clubs. Simply because it was too loud. And right now, Sunggyu's mansion, is like a huge club.

"Myungsoo oppa!" Woori heard squeals so she turned around, seeing Myungsoo being surrounded by a few of his fangirls. "S-sorry ladies, I have a date." he stuttered anxiously before he ran over to Woori and linked arms with her. The girls glared at Woori and cursed before walking away. "Oh look, you just made some girls hate me." Woori glared at her bestfriend. "I know my Ri, she's strong, so she wouldn't care about haters right?" Myungsoo smiled before getting hit on the head.

Woori stepped aside to go to the toilet when she heard someone crying...no...it sounded more like a child. She furrowed her eyebrows before she walked towards the end of the toilet, noticing a little girl crying. "Who on Earth brought a little girl here?" she scratched her head. "Umma! Umma!" the girl cried, making Woori widen her eyes. "Oh , don't tell me this is who I think she is." Woori hissed before she ran over to the little girl and lightly cover , making sure she doesn't surprise her.

"Shh, it's okay, i'm not here to hurt you, because if you cry too loudly, people are going to throw you outside...now tell me...what's your name?" Woori said as she uncovered . The little girl looked at Woori with teary and doubtful eyes, she looked like she was about to cry again but when Woori wanted to cover , she spoke in the most smallest and timid voice. "J-jung...Seyeon..." her voice trembled from the crying.

Woori looked around and checked each cubicle to see if anyone's inside but when she was sure that on one was in the toilet, she squatted in front of Seyeon again. "And...who is your umma?" Woori asked softly. The little girl covered and shook her head, signalling that she won't reveal her mother's identity. "Seyeon ah, you need to tell me your mother's name so that I can bring you to her, right?" Woori assured the little girl with a small smile.

Seyeon sighed a little before she looked down. Seeing this, Woori knew that Jaemi got judged before by having Seyeon and Seyeon must've witness that. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone, okay?" Woori hooked her pinky with Seyeon's. "My umma is Jaemi...Yoon Jaemi..." Seyeon whispered. Woori mentally fumed. Why the hell would Jaemi want to bring her child, here?! Does she want to throw away her social life?

Woori carried Seyeon in her arms before she brought her out of the toilet. "Oh? Who is this?" Myungsoo raised an eyebrow as he stared at the child. "I'll tell you later, just help me find Yoon Jaemi for now." Woori said anxiously. "I just saw her running up to the second floor." Myungsoo pointed backwards. Woori wasted no time, she quickly walked towards the staircase, trying to dodge people everywhere. She climbed the staircase and saw that Jaemi was entering another room.

"Um—" Woori quickly covered Seyeon's mouth as she wanted to shout for her mother. She placed Seyeon down on one of the stairs and squatted in front of her. "Seyeon ah, i'm going to tell you something okay? If your umma ever brings you to somewhere like this, don't call her umma, but call her unni. Alrights? If you see students that know your umma, call her unni instead, okay?" Woori caressed the little girl's cheek.

Seyeon meekly nodded before Woori picked her up again and went to the room which Jaemi entered but stopped when she heard Sunggyu's voice. "Sunggyu ssi...have you perhaps seen my little sister?" Woori heard Jaemi ask. "No. Why? You lost her?" Sunggyu asked. "No, it's alright." Jaemi said before she exit the room and closed the door. When she turned, she froze.

Woori quickly pushed Jaemi into another room before shutting the door and locking it. "Are you out of your goddamn mind?!" Woori yelled before she put Seyeon down. "Seyeon ah..." Jaemi immediately went to hug her daughter. "Why the hell would you bring your daughter to a place like this? Do you want to put an end to your social life? And Seyeon could've been trampled there are people, EVERYWHERE!" Woori hissed quietly. "There...isn't anyone at home to take care of her..." Jaemi said as she looked down in shame.

"Then stay at home! Is it a must to actually come to this party?" Woori wanted to pull Jaemi's hair out for being so in stupid. "But my reputation..." Jaemi said but paused. "Oh so you care about your reputation more than your daughter huh?" Woori crossed her arms. Reputation actually means alot in their school. Reputation decides whether you can go to school comfortably or not. "Bring her home, now. I know I have no right to say this, but for the sake of your daughter, bring her home. Don't ever bring her to places like these, it's child torture." Woori demanded.

"Thank you...Woori ssi." Jaemi bowed. "I wasn't pitying you. I was pitying your daughter." the latter huffed before she stormed out of the room. Woori quickly caught up with the curious Myungsoo. "Hey you alright? You look pissed." Myungsoo said as he pinched her cheeks, trying to loosen up her face a little. "And who is that child?" he asked. "She's Jaemi's daughter." Woori mouthed, but Myungsoo couldn't make out what she was mouthing. Woori pulled him by the collar and leaned in to his ear, clueless that his heart is beating as fast as a bullet train.

"She is Jaemi's daughter." Woori whispered. Myungsoo blew some air before he patted his chest and digested what Woori just said. "WHAT?!" he exclaimed. "Shut the up!" the latter hissed. "Seriously?" Myungsoo muttered. "Yes. And it's a secret. Only you and I know, so yeah. Best to not let the cat out of the bag because Jaemi is going to be destroyed if everyone finds out." Woori said.

"Okay..." Myungsoo said as he brought a beer bottle to his lips. "Hey! Are you even at the age to drink?" Woori slapped his arm. "Ey, I won't get drunk. And of course, if this party provides beer, then it's legal." Myungsoo made a 'duh' face. "Just don't drink too much...alright?" Woori said worriedly. "Don't worry, i'll be fine." Myungsoo reassured.

"Erm...hi everybody." Sunggyu said into the mic as he stepped up onto the 'stage'. "Thanks for coming to my birthday party, I don't even know why I held one but I know i've been an and a cold bastard, but i'll try to be better." he said before the audience applaused. "But it doesn't mean I won't be cold at all okay, i'm kind of born with it, and yeah i'm out of my comfort zone to be friendly to you guys now, but hey, it's my birthday so why not." Sunggyu laughed.

Woori shook her head as she had never seen this side of Sunggyu before. "There is also someone who has the same birthday as me and I would like her to step on stage right now." Sunggyu announced. "Nam Woori ssi, please step on stage." he continued. Woori widened her eyes as everybody turned to look at her. She was going to kill him. Myungsoo gripped harder onto his beer bottle as he stared at Sunggyu. What the does he think he's doing?

Apparently, the crowd think that Woori and Sunggyu are a perfect match. Well they're both cold hearted souls, so why not? "Nam Woori. Nam Woori. Nam Woori." the crowd chanted. "I shouldn't have come." Woori muttered under her breath before she made her way to the stage. She stepped on stage and glared at Sunggyu for a second. As if on cue, the crowd started singing the happy birthday song.

"Happy birthday uri Sungri"

Damn how Woori hated that couple name. Just why on Earth would they match her with Sunggyu? After the crowd finished singing, they clapped and Woori immediately wanted to get off the stage. "Any words Woori ssi?" Sunggyu asked into the mic. Woori went over to the mic and forced a smile. "Thank you." and with that, she got off the stage.

"I would like to invite a friend of mine on stage to sing a duet with me, called The Chaser. Sungyeol ah." Sunggyu said. The next moment, a tall (very tall indeed) man stepped on stage. "Strange, how come i've never seen him before?" Woori questioned. "He's 19, but he retained twice and he's also a transfer student." Myungsoo said. "Retained twice? Then shouldn't he be in year 1 then? And what class is he in?" Woori asked. "He transferred to our class. We'll probably see him next monday."

 

The duet was simply amazing and Woori didn't know that Sunggyu could sing that well. After the performance, the rest of the guests just continued to party on their own while some went to give Sunggyu gifts and such. Woori just stuck herself onto Myungsoo since she doesn't have any other friends while Myungsoo just kept drinking and drinking. And soon, it got very late. "Hey Myungsoo, it's 9 now. Let's go back home." Woori shook him. "Huh?" he looked at her before he laughed. "Aish! You said you wouldn't be drunk!" Woori smacked him on the head.

"Nam Woori ssi." Woori turned around to notice the new student, Sungyeol. "Nice to meet you, i'm Lee Sungyeol." he put his hand out for a handshake. "Ah...ye...I heard. Nice to meet you too." Woori said quietly, not accepting the handshake. After all, she was antisocial. She was about to turn back to Myungsoo when Sungyeol spoke again. "Are you friends with Sunggyu?" he asked. "Huh? No..." she shook her head.

"Strange. He would never do this to someone he isn't a friend with. Are you sure?" Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrows. Just as Woori was about to answer him, Myungsoo cupped her face and turned her to him. "Don't...look at another man." he said drunkly. "Huh what? Myung you're drunk." Woori said as she tried to pry Myungsoo's hand off her face but he held her face tighter.

"I love you..." he mumbled.

"Wha—"

Myungsoo crashed his lips onto Woori's, making her blood freeze.

 


 

Oh wow this is probably the longest chapter I wrote. And yeap, cliffhanger~ stay tune for the next chapter! ^^

-Mi Eun