twenty-seven

You're Cold, Milady

" Will You Marry Me? " —;


 

His face appeared right in front of her face. It flashed a few times and Woori found herself knocking around in an empty room. "Please help me!!" she screamed. She cried and screamed continuously, begging for help, she even threw punches in the air before finally collapsing on the ground due to fatigue. "Help me...please..." sobbing, she curled her body in the corner, using her legs to shield herself.

"Woori! You're crying!"

Her eyes jerked open, letting out tears of relief when she realized it was all just a dream. Woori was scarred, she was terrified; horrified. The passengers on the plane flashed a confused expression as they walked past her and left the plane. "Woori w-why are you crying...?" Sunggyu stuttered, not knowing what to do except give her a tight hug. For each sob, his heart ached more and more, to the point where he even joined her.

 

The trip to Sunggyu's house was short since it wasn't really that far from the airport, but neither of them spoke a word since they knew that no words can ever comfort and get rid of the horrible feeling they were feeling. Silence was the best remedy. The couple quickly settled in the house and spent the entire day cuddling and being each other's support.

Woori got treated at the hospital and had therapy while Sunggyu on the other hand, was struggling with his panic disorder. It seems that a tiny reminder of his father can turn his mind into a haywire and hence, he couldn't do anything else but hire a psychiatrist. His therapies never helps but gradually, he found happiness with Woori and he didn't get reminded much of his father before, which lessened the panic attacks.

Seoul was in an uproar when they found out that the most popular CEO was being arrested and charged with attempted and manslaughter. Sunggyu then learned that his mother's death wasn't natural, but it was all planned by his father. As he watched that news, he clenched his fists in hopes that he won't get another panic attack by the disgusting revealation but he failed when he felt cold, knowing that the panic attack would hit him in less than about 3 seconds.

Woori became an introvert like before, but the only difference is that she's timid now. She gets scared easily and she can't fight. She can't even dance anymore because her legs kept trembling. The confidence in her dropped and Sunggyu was so disappointed to see that the one person he loves most got scarred to this very strong extend.

Woori's family called upon the news that Sunggyu's father went to jail. Sunggyu explained everything to them and her parents felt as guilty as ever. They wanted to see her, but she said no.

The case on Sunggyu's father went on for 7 months. Sunggyu's father was more cunning than everyone thought. The further the detectives dug, the more surprised they get. Reason being was because that bastard has more than a million dark secrets and soon enough, he was charged with a death sentence, but before his death day even came, he died of a heart attack. The case was immediately closed but everyone would remember how despicable that man was.

And that was the day when Sunggyu decided to throw away their engagement rings. Woori felt a little relieved when she heard the news of his father's death, and soon enough, she opened herself to Sunggyu a little bit more and he was delighted. Both Sunggyu and Woori then further their studies with the money his father 'left' for him and soon enough, Sunggyu started his own company after graduating from Seoul National University with an Infocomm masters degree.

 

5 years later...

 

"Ah! It's good to be back in Seoul!" Woori squealed as a huge smile was plastered on her face. Despite the weird stares that she earned at the airport, she continued to take a deep breath and stretched her arms out, expressing that she was so glad to be home. "Ya! You're blocking people! Do this somewhere else." Sunggyu made a face as he pushed his luggage past her. "Ya Kim Sunggyu, can't you help push my luggage as well?" Woori crossed her arms. "I'm lazy. Do it yourself." he made some hand gestures as he didn't bother to stop. "Ya!"

The couple did not immediately go back home, but they had to stop at a ramen shop to eat since they were so hungry, not actually caring whether their luggage is obstructing the way. "I've never eaten this ramen before, it's delicious...here have some." Sunggyu automatically placed his spoon at and Woori immediately drank the soup. Her face instantly brightened up as the delicious taste was exploring her tastebuds. "Ya let's exchange." Woori smirked, immediately switching their bowls.

"No no no. Oh c'mon Nam Woori..." Sunggyu pouted, almost crying since he didn't want to lose his delicious ramen. "We'll do scissors, paper, stone then." Woori offered. Sunggyu sighed as he knew he would definitely lose. He at that game so bad that even cows can win him. Yes. Cows.

"Scissors, paper, stone!"

Sunggyu's jaw dropped while Woori widened her eyes until they were about to pop out of her sockets. She put out a stone while Sunggyu put out a paper and so very miraculously, Sunggyu won! Sunggyu broke into an evil chuckle as he brought his bowl of ramen back, finding it amusing how his girlfriend looked so disappointed. Woori pouted as she continued to eat her original ramen but then all of a sudden, Sunggyu stopped eating. "Ugh i'm full...here you can have it. You're so hungry you can eat a horse right? You can eat mine as well." Sunggyu said as he pushed his bowl towards her.

"You're full? But you only ate a quarter of it!" Woori exclaimed. "I don't know, I guess I ate too much airplane food." he shrugged, gulping down some water after. "But you said you were hungry just now!" she exclaimed once more. "Ya, just shut up and eat. Geez you talk too much." Sunggyu scowled as he secretly gave up that delicious ramen and yet she was still complaining so much. "If you say so..." and with that, Woori's bright smiles returned as she dug in to that delicious ramen, bringing up a small smile on Sunggyu's face as well.

 

As the couple was walking towards Sunggyu's hongdae apartment, a lady suddenly walked up to Woori and grabbed her on the wrist. "Maam, you're being arrested." she said firmly. "For what? And please let go of my girlfriend." Sunggyu said as he pulled the lady's hand away harshly. Woori looked at the lady, a little confused, but her face seemed so familiar. "For not checking up on Yoon Jaemi. How dare you." she crossed her arms. Woori gasped and covered in shock.

"Yoon Jaemi?!" the girl screeched. "Yeah! I'm Yoon Jaemi!" Jaemi said before opening her arms. "Hug!!" just like any reunion, the two bestfriends gave each other a tight hug. "Jaemi I couldn't recognize you! You've changed so much!" Woori said, looking at the latter from head to toe. Jaemi was dressed in a white shirt with a black pencil skirt while she had eyeliner and some red lipstick on. "That's sad cause I can recognize you pretty well." Jaemi remarked before turning to Sunggyu. "Nice to meet you again Sunggyu sunbaenim, and I must say, that was really manly of you." Jaemi gave a thumbs up before imitating what he said just now.

Sunggyu scratched his head, a little embarrassed that he couldn't recognize her since now Jaemi was somehow smokin' hot. "I need an explanation Nam Woori. Where have you been..." Jaemi frowned as the 3 of them continued walking. "I was having a difficult time ever since we moved to Jeju. I never really talked to anyone except Sunggyu. I kept low profile but trust me, I never did forget about you okay." Woori reassured. "By the way, have you heard anything about Myungsoo?" she continued.

"Other than the fact that he became the most hot shot photographer in the world, nope. I don't even know where he is but Sungyeol said he might be in Seoul. Not really sure about that." Jaemi shrugged. "Oh yeah! How are you and Sungyeol?" Sunggyu asked curiously. "We broke up...like 3 months ago." Jaemi sighed. "What?!" Jaemi looked at the couple's shocked face before bursting into laughter. She has not seen such synchronisation before and it sure was epic.

"Kidding. We're married." Jaemi said, opening her hand and proudly showing off her wedding ring which wrapped around her third finger perfectly. "So technically, Sungyeol becomes Seyeon's father so now she's Lee Seyeon, and she's 7 now! Can you believe it?" Jaemi laughed whole-heartedly. "I'm so happy that you're happy Jae." Woori gave a small pat on her shoulder. "Anyways, are you guys married yet? Well it's about time." Jaemi asked.

"Nah...not yet. I think we're still enjoying our lives as a couple. The pressure of the engagement last time really was horrible." Woori shuddered as she reminisced the horrible event 5 years ago. "Hey here's my number. Please do text me alright, I've missed you but I got to go back to my office. See you later Woori." Jaemi said as she walked away after passing Woori her contact card. Woori squinted her eyes as she read the information on the card before choking on her saliva. "Assistant Director of TYH music school for children. Wow."

 


 

"I've called Ahyoung noona to help me clean the place up so I guess we don't need to do much cleaning." Sunggyu said as he put down his luggage. Just as he was about to walk to the bed, his stomach growled; in hunger. The two narrowed their eyes at each other as silence engulfs them. "You were still hungry when you gave me that delicious ramen...weren't you?" Woori squinted her eyes at him suspiciously. "No I wasn—" his stomach let out another agonizing growl.

"Tsk tsk tsk. I knew it. While you were in the toilet having a stomach ache outside the market, I went in to do a quick grocery shopping just in case you were hungry. I'm making kimchi fried rice, in the mean time while i'm cooking, you can munch on this awesome garlic bread I bought too." Woori said as she pulled the groceries out of her luggage and threw the garlic bread at Sunggyu. He was speechless, well he was probably thanking God for having such a wonderful girlfriend.

"I love you Woori ah." Sunggyu sobbed as he munched down the garlic bread to satisfy his growling stomach. Woori quickly changed into comfortable clothes before proceeding to cook but that was when she felt Sunggyu wrap his arms around her waist from behind before feeling light kisses on her neck. "Ya Sunggyu, you've finished your garlic bread?" she asked. "Mmm yeah..." Sunggyu mumbled against her neck. "But I bought 5 of them!" Woori exclaimed. "I've got a better idea." Sunggyu said as he switched off the stove that Woori switched on.

"Hey i'm cooking!" she protested. "That can wait. Now i'm just hungry for you." Sunggyu said before picking her up bridal style and placing her on the bed. "Geez...I wonder what is in that garlic bread...did I make a mistake for buying it?" Woori asked herself but she was greeted by a rough kiss from Sunggyu. Woori sighed as she returned the kiss before entagling her fingers in his tousled hair. The couple broke the kiss as they panted heavily for air. Sunggyu quickly took his shirt off before tearing Woori's shirt apart impatiently.

Woori furrowed her eyebrows as she used all her strength to flip herself over as she sat on his torso. "What did I say about ripping my shirts before ?!" she nagged. She stopped all of a sudden when Sunggyu unhooked her bra quickly and d her , making her shut up. "Oh please, you can't resist me." Sunggyu smirked. "Y-ya! You can't do this!" Woori stuttered but her words got cut off once again when he started to massage her . "Oh yes I can. Watch me."

And with that, Sunggyu switched their positions once again and smiled sadistically and right after, he dived down and grabbed her s again but before she could nag(again), he quickly took a into his mouth and on it greedily, making Woori moan instead of nag. As he was working his magic on one , he gave the same attention to the other with his skillful hand, pinching and circling her with his thumb. He proceeded on with wetting the other before trailing butterfly kisses down her body.

He pulled her shorts down and came face to face with her clothed . Sunggyu her inner thighs up and down but he deliberately missed the most sensitive spot, which was her . "Ya! Stop teasing before I kick you in the ." Woori yelled. Sunggyu chuckled lightly before he slipped his hand under her thong, his rough hand grazing her wet womanhood as he felt her body tense up. He massaged her folds gently before he used his thumb to circle her . "I hate how you hold in your moans." Sunggyu grimaced. "Well, its not that I hold it in, its just that I don't moan that easi—AHH!" she was cut off when he plunged in his finger all of a sudden. "You were saying?"

That night was filled with teasing and screaming and basically, they were making love. The love they had for each other was undescribable. The couple collapsed in fatigue as they peacefully slept beside each other, fully , with the blanket covering their body. As long as they had each other, their dream like fairytale will never end...

 


 

Sunggyu was the first one to open his eyes when the sun rays were shining brightly into his room. He has to proceed with the plan. Without making a single sound, Sunggyu quietly got out of bed before going to his coat and taking out a small black velvet box before returning back to bed. According to 'staying with her for the past 5 years', Woori would automatically wake up at 9 every weekend so basically, he had 10 minutes to prepare his heart and what he wants to say.

Gradually, the time was up and as expected, Woori's eyes fluttered open before she yawned, stretching her entire body which was sore from the previous night's so called 'work out'. "Oh! Sunggyu! You're awake?" Woori noticed. Sunggyu mentally cursed at himself for being so bad at acting since he wanted to be 'sleeping' when she woke up. "Yes I'm awake. I was just trying to sleep again." Sunggyu mumbled. "Oh really? Are you sick? You never wake up earlier than me though." she muttered before she got up, only to be pulled back to the bed by him.

"Let's stay like this..." Sunggyu sighed as he brought his forehead to hers and rested his arm comfortably on her waist. "Is there something wrong?" Woori asked, finding Sunggyu's actions a tad suspicious today. "Nothing wrong. It's just one of my appreciation days where I realized that I really really love you. If it's cheesy enough, I literally love you to the moon and back. I don't even know how to describe the amount of love i have for you—" Sunggyu got cut off when Woori gave him a sweet kiss on the lips.

"I know Kim Sunggyu. And I love you too, way much more than you love me." she giggled softly as she tapped on his nose. "Really?" Sunggyu mumbled, finally opening his eyes. "Of course! Isn't it obvious enough? I love you around the universe and back." Woori grinned happily. Sunggyu adjusted his position as he sighed. His heart was beating out of control but he can't back out now. It was too late to back out.

"Would you like to spend the rest of your life with me?" he asked. Even though she couldn't sensed it, but it was really nerve-wrecking for him, it literally felt as if his heart was going to pop out of his chest any minute. "Honestly speaking, I don't think I can ever picture myself with anyone else except you." That brought a warm smile upon Sunggyu's face. He has never been any happier to hear that. This was heaven to him...that dream like fairytale has enhanced to a total haven...

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Then...will you marry me?"

 


 

Honestly speaking guys, I did want to write a there! I actually even took another for reference and wanted to write my first ever but then suddenly, the feeling in me disappeared and I was like 'nahhh'. But I will eventually write a for this story so don't worry. It may appear out as an awkward so I hope you guys don't mind xD anyways this is the official 'skiptation' and I still have quite a few plot points lined up for the ending so I guess it won't end THAT soon. And it was really really fun to write Woori and Sunggyu's love for each other tho the fluff is more to the comedic side than the ultra sweet side :D Please do comment down your opinions! Your comments are totally my crack so feel free! I would be happy if someone wrote a long long long comment for once xD anyways, till the next chapter, bye!

-Mi Eun