ten

You're Cold, Milady

" Broken Friendship? " —;


 

Woori felt like her body was taking over her mind and she had totally lost control. On the other hand, Myungsoo was quite surprised himself. He never knew Woori would kiss back and so he grabbed the opportunity to deepen the kiss as his hands travelled to her , caressing it in the process.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

As any other normal human being would react, the two pulled away from the lip lock and began to panic. Woori quickly put her shirt on before the old lady opened the door. "Am I interrupting something?" she stared at the both of them since she had to wait awkwardly long outside the door. "No no, of course not." Myungsoo innocently denied. "Well the rain stopped but if you guys want to stay for dinner that's fine too." the old lady offered.

 

"I guess I did interrupted something just now. You guys are so awkward now." the old lady chuckled. "You sure you don't want to stay over for dinner?" she offered once more. "Its alright, thank you for the clothes and for letting us in your house, you've helped us enough, we shouldn't be asking for more." Woori politely declined the offer. "Alright, be careful!" the old lady waved goodbye.

The two awkwardly walked to the now silent road. It was 11pm, of course there wouldn't be any cars around. "Uhh Woori—" "Sorry for just now. I wasn't in the right mind...so yeah." Woori quickly cut him off with an apology before she quickened her walking pace but Myungsoo grabbed her wrist firmly, preventing her from doing so. "And you never asked why I kissed you in the first place?" Myungsoo asked, mentally slapping himself as he knew that he was going to regret this later.

"Myungsoo...let go..." Woori whimpered as the grip on her wrist got tighter. "17 years Woori. We've known each other for 17 years, we went to the same school, we do the same thing, we hang out together everyday, but why can't you see?" Myungsoo said, sounding more hopeless than ever. "Why can't you see that I have always—" he paused. It was better to stop now than to regret later. 17 years of friendship. Myungsoo ain't risking that. "Forget it." he let go of her wrist and started walking.

"Myungsoo." Woori called out but he ignored her as he continued walking. Woori sighed as she thought back about the previous nght when Myungsoo told her he loved her. Did he really mean it? Woori didn't know how she felt towards Myungsoo, she always felt unsure. Of course, there were sometimes when she thought that she liked Myungsoo, but she mistook her mutual feelings for it.

 


 

Sunggyu was quietly typing his essay assignment when someone knocked on his door loudly. He didn't even need to see to know who that person is. "Kim Sunggyu." an angry man barged into the room after knocking on the door countless of times. "What is it father. I'm busy." Sunggyu said coldly as he continued to type his essay. "Why the sudden party? Did you even asked for my approval? This is MY house." Mr Kim thundered. Sunggyu's fingers stopped typing and he turned.

"I'm your son, this is my house too. Besides, you weren't even here so why do you care? The party is over anyways." he scoffed. "How dare you talk to your father like that. I raised you so don't you dare talk back like that." Mr Kim hissed. "Oh so you raised me so that you could forget your own son's birthday? Is that what you're saying?" Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. "I had no other choice, I was called in for an important meeting, Sunggyu. What did you want me to do?" Mr Kim argued back.

"Lies. You just forgot. Admit it. You weren't even at home for the past 5 birthdays so i'm used to it. It's just that, 5 years is too much that's why I held a party. What is so wrong with that? You don't even want to celebrate your son's birthday yet you don't give him the permission to hold a birthday party. Do you want me to die an isolated death?" Sunggyu snapped.

And that was when Mr Kim laughed. "Trust me Sunggyu, you won't die an isolated death." Sunggyu froze at his father's words. "What do you mean by that?" Sunggyu began to mentally panic. "Oh Sunggyu, you're smart enough to figure it out yourself, right?" for that split second, Sunggyu swore that he could see his father smirk. This is definitely not going too well.

"Are you setting me up in an arranged marriage?" his voice trembled. "Wow it seems that you have scored. Well done son. Besides, this is a good idea anyways. Its our family tradition, it benefits the company and you have someone to get rid of that ing obnoxious and cold side of you. Three in one. Doesn't it sound like a great deal?" Mr Kim smiled.

Believe it or not, Sunggyu never even had a girlfriend since he was so cold and obnoxious, no one wanted to be with him neither did he wanted to be with any girl and now he's going to be engaged to some random girl whom he has never met before? That's ridiculous but he knew how strict it was when it comes to arranged marriages in his family. Even his cousin's marriage was arranged.

He sighed. "So when are we going to meet her?" Sunggyu asked. "Probably a few days after the dance competition, I still have to sort some documents. See you later, son." Mr Kim smirked before he left the room. Sunggyu's life was officially ruined. His father became a devil ever since his mother died and that was how he became so cold and isolated.

 


 

"Myungsoo." Woori said as the two reached her house. Myungsoo was standing there waiting for Woori to go in the house before he leaves, no matter how much he's upset with her, he always has to make sure that she's safe. "Myungsoo you haven't said anything on the way home. What's wrong?" Woori asked worriedly, trying to block out the cold vibe which Myungsoo was giving. "YA KIM MYUNGSOO!" she yelled and tugged his arm harshly.

"WHAT THE IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" she screamed at him, tired of getting ignored. He finally turned to her with a glare. "What is my problem? You're asking what is MY problem?" Myungsoo pathetically chuckled. "MY PROBLEM IS YOU WOORI AH. MY PROBLEM HAS ALWAYS BEEN YOU." he yelled back. Wooin who was inside the house, widened his eyes as he saw the two arguing. He wanted to run outside to stop them, but then he paused. It would be better if he wasn't involved.

"What the hell? Why am I your problem? Then since i'm such a problem to you, let's stop being friends then." Woori said but oh how she wished she could take back what she just said. Myungsoo felt his heart ache as he heard that. "Fine. But before this friendship ends, let me ask you one more time, what happened at the party that night?" Myungsoo would never believe Woori if she said that he was barking like a helpless puppy because that just sounds so fake.

"So you really want to know, huh?" Woori said before she cleared . "You said you loved me and then you kissed me. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?" she shouted. The latter almost stopped breathing. His heart pounded so fast that he thought he could faint any second. He was afraid, he was sad, he was angry. Myungsoo loved her so much but he just destroyed the friendship in a mere second. He felt his eyes start to water but he bit his lips to prevent himself from crying.

Which guy would cry over this? Woori was still panting from all the yelling but then she started to worry when she saw Myungsoo's face. He looked as if he was about to cry, she didn't know if he really did wanted to cry, but he looked extremely sad. He never even had that glint of sadness in his eyes when she destroyed one of his cameras one time.

"Myungsoo ya..." she said, now in a more gentler tone as she reached out for his face but then he stepped back. "Myungsoo..." she called again but this time, he turned and walked away. 17 years of friendship, gone. Just like that. "It's all my fault. Woori you stupid ." she cursed before she slapped herself. Woori crouched down before she started crying, like a little child...

 


 

The whole Sunday was like hell to her. No phone calls, no messages no nothing. No smiles, no Myungsoo, just dance, dance and dance. Woori literally danced the whole day, she didn't care if she was tired, she skipped her meals. Monday was the competition and since there was no more Myungsoo around, she had no other choice but to prepare for the competition like crazy.

Time check : 10 pm.

Without any breakfast, lunch or dinner, Woori was still dancing. Where did her unlimited energy even come from? Woori sat down as she looked at herself in the mirror. She was exhausted and hungry. Even the dark circles around her eyes were more visible and not to mention that her eye was getting more redder with the lack of sleep and since she cried so much last night.

"I think...I should eat." she said, so soft that it was almost a whisper. She used all her strength to stand up before walking to the door. Right then, her body couldn't take it anymore, she just felt so tired right now that she sort of fainted. "Woori! Woori!" she could hear someone yell, she could see someone rushing to her but before she could focus who it was, she out.

 


 

I find that this chapter is kinda boring(or not) and this chapter sounds kinda weird(or not) but yeah, it's kinda obvious who came to rescue her in the end but don't worry, she's well enough to dance for the competition and Sunggyu knows about the arranged marriage but just who is he going to be engaged to? I have a bad habit of letting my readers know the secrets of my story...hahaha mianhe. Please anticipate on the next chapter and please do comment! Comments are loved <3

-Mi Eun