twenty-nine

You're Cold, Milady

" Best Present of Our Lives " —;


 

Myungsoo sighed when he heard footsteps from behind him, following by the sound of a newspaper slamming against the table. "What's this?" that familiar voice make him so sick, yet relaxed at the same time. He turned around, finally facing the latter before looking at the newspaper that she threw on the table. He looked up, examining the furious expression on her face carefully. "First things first, you need to calm down." Myungsoo said in the most soothing tone ever. "How can I calm down when the first thing that I saw on the news once I came back from my dance tour is my boyfriend of 4 years getting caught red-handedly cheating on me with Nam Woori?!" she screamed.

Myungsoo ed his hand out, squeezing her neck to shut her up. "Han Seungyeon, you better calm down when I tell you to." he said softly whilst choking her. Seungyeon coughed as she hit Myungsoo's arm, begging him to let go but his grip on her neck only got tighter. "What did I say about over-reaction?" Myungsoo asked, tilting his head. "Myungsoo! Get a grip!" she managed to yell out before the latter immediately loosens his grip as he backed away.

He looked at his own trembling hands before looking at Seungyeon who was recovering from the choke before breaking down onto the ground. "I'm so sorry Seungyeon...i'm so sorry...please forgive me..." he sobbed. Seungyeon said nothing as she broke her necklace away from her neck before throwing it at him and then taking out her phone from her clutch. "Hello? Doctor Jung? Yeah I think Myungsoo needs an extra session tomorrow, he almost killed me. Yeah, please do. Thanks." Myungsoo immediately stood up and hugged her.

"I'm so sorry Seungyeon...i'm so so sorry." this was what Seungyeon had to deal with for the past 4 years. Back then, she had no idea about his depressed condition when she got together with him, but right after, his depression turned obvious and it turned from bad to worst but then that depression disappeared one day, and hence it was replaced by a split personality disorder. "I've endured your and yet you cheat on me?" Seungyeon asked softly.

"No...no...Woori is with Kim Sunggyu...no...I didn't cheat on you..." Myungsoo said anxiously as he tightened the hug.

 


 

"Happy birthday Gyu!" Woori cheered as she jumped up and down like an excited kid. "It's your birthday too, why are you more excited than me?" Sunggyu laughed as he sat on the bed. "Maybe because I love you too much?" she exclaimed. "Ya ya, calm down. Come here, sit beside me babe. Howon and Dongwoo got presents for you." Sunggyu said as he patted at the spot next to him. Woori finally settled down comfortably beside Sunggyu as she unwrapped her presents like an excited kid.

"Oh yeah, Sungyeol, Jaemi and Jaehyun got you presents too." Woori informed. "Jaehyun? Who's Jaehyun?" Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. "My lecturemate. Have you forgotten? He even went out with us for lunch once...y'know the chic guy Ahn Jaehyun?" she reminded and got an 'O' as a response when Sunggyu finally remembered who she was talking about.

Woori took out a muscle pain relief spray and laughed. "That angel Dongwoo got me this? How thoughtful since I've been dancing this past few days. Choreographing a dance for Lovelyz is not easy..." Woori mumbled as she put that aside. Soon the couple unwrapped all the presents they have received except their ones for each other. "Hmm, my present looks big..." Sunggyu said, eyeing at the tall wrapped box. "I see a hole in my present. Why is there a hole?" Woori asked.

Sunggyu shrugged as he stood up to pick up his present for Woori, and she did the same. They smiled at each other in bliss before unknowingly getting locked into each other's gaze but Sunggyu snapped out of it when he felt movement in the box he was holding. Ah...it's impatient eh. "Okay we'll open it at the same time." Woori said as she placed Sunggyu's present beside him. "I will get to tear the wrapping first since all you need to do is open the lid." Sunggyu stuck out a tongue. "Such a child..." Woori stuck her tongue back at him before rushing him to tear the wrapping open.

And just when he was about to open the box, Woori lifted up the lid and gasped in surprise. On the other hand, Sunggyu opened the heavy box and looked at it in shock. "Oh my god." they said in unison. The two looked at each other before looking back at their presents. "A PUPPY!!!" Woori squealed as she carried the cute little Samoyed puppy before jumping around in excitement. Sunggyu was just looking at his present before letting his fingers touch the strings, touching the carvings on that beautiful black instrument.

It was his black acoustic guitar which he had back home 5 years ago. Right at the back, there was a very cursive carving of his name which made the guitar looked even more beautiful. He took the guitar out of the box as he strummed a tune, before strumming another tune, emitting a very radiant smile that is so rare, only Woori has seen it.

 

"How did you get the guitar?" Sunggyu asked. Woori heaved a small sigh as she caressed the top of her puppy's head before turning towards the latter. "Ahn Jaehyun's father is a chief at the police investigation team and his father took on our case and he was the one that jailed Kim Ryujoong before confiscating every valuable thing in that house, including your guitar so I just asked a small favor. You wanted your guitar back so bad...didn't you?" Woori smiled. "It was a gift from my mother after all. Thank you Woori." he said, rubbing his thumb against her palm. "And thank you for gifting me this little baby here." Woori chuckled as she looked at the puppy who was fast asleep in her arms.

"What should we name it?" Woori asked. "It's yours, you should name it." Sunggyu laughed. "What's mine is yours. You're the daddy, i'm the mommy, so give it a name!" she hissed. "Alright alright. How about dubu? Since he's white like tofu." Sunggyu suggested. "Dubu it is. The cute name fits him anyways." she smiled warmly as Dubu cuddled deeper in her arms. Sunggyu leaned in and lifted up her chin before placing his forehead on hers. "I love you so much. I can't wait to get married to you." he mumbled huskily before placing a sweet kiss on her lips.

 

"Are you sure we're at the right place?" Sunggyu asked as he looked around. "I'm positive. Well it's says here on the card." Woori said, flashing him the business card Myungsoo handed to him. Woori headed over to the receptionist and asked for Myungsoo. "Myungsoo? We have no one here that goes by the name of Myungsoo though." the lady said. "Really? He's a very well known photographer...uh...L? Yeah, L." Woori said as she could vaguely remember Myungsoo's alias.

"Ohh Chief Photographer L. Currently he's not in his office so you can wait here or leave me a message to forward to him— oh! He's here." she exclaimed as she pointed behind. The couple turned around and saw the guy they were looking for, accompanied by none other than Han Seungyeon. "Oh Myungsoo ya..." Woori began as she approached him, only to be stopped by Seungyeon. "He doesn't want to see you." she glared at her. Myungsoo pushed Seungyeon away as he straightened his shirt. "Ignore her. Nice to meet you here too, Sunggyu ssi." Myungsoo said, facing the latter.

"Yeah...nice to meet you again Myungsoo ssi." Sunggyu politely bowed while Myungsoo let out a mental scoff, finding it so ridiculous that the rudest person he knew is such a polite gentleman now. Seungyeon sighed before nudging Woori. "Woori ssi, can we talk?" she said, clenching her jaw angrily.

 

"I think you should stay away from Myungsoo." Seungyeon warned and the only response was a small chuckle. "Who are you to tell me what to do? And why should I stay away from my bestfriend who I have not seen for 5 years? Well I get that you're his girlfriend, but you can't do this. And it's not like i'm romantically interested in him. I'm already engaged with Sunggyu so what's your problem?" Woori asked, looking at her like she's the biggest flaw in the world.

"It's not that! I don't ing care if you're engaged with Sunggyu or you're romantically interested in Myungsoo." the latter yelled. "So what is the damn problem?" Woori scoffed in disbelief. Now her hatred for Seungyeon just grew. She felt like her brain was about to burst just talking to this . Seungyeon slammed her hands on the table before she threw a newspaper article into Woori's face. "The damn problem is that YOU instigated Myungsoo's ing split personality disorder. He was doing fine for 4 months UNTIL YOU CAME." Seungyeon shrieked before splashing a cup of water over Woori's face.

Woori felt herself freeze as she stared at Seungyeon, wondering what the hell did she just hear. "He almost choked me to death this morning. That's how his split personality is like! He can be a madman in one moment and normal Myungsoo in the other." Seungyeon explained as she tried to maintain her composure. And with that, Woori let out another small chuckle before she stood up. "Have you ever considered that maybe, he doesn't actually love you?"

"What?"

"Han Seungyeon, after 5 years, you haven't change huh. You always jump into conclusions and think that people love you when in reality...they don't. So deal with it or off." and with that, Woori stormed away.

 

"What happened to you?" Sunggyu asked as he noticed that Woori hair and shirt was wet. Myungsoo also stood up, wondering what had happened. She looked at the table where the wedding invitation was lying, picked it up, and shredded it into pieces. "Ya...Nam Woori...what's wrong?" Sunggyu asked once more worriedly. "Let's go. Myungsoo doesn't need to come to the wedding if not his stupid personality will go on a killing spree." and with that, Woori pulled Sunggyu away.

Right a moment after, Seungyeon came barging into the office, facing a very furious man. "What the hell did you tell her?" Myungsoo asked as he walked towards her dangerously slow. "WHAT DID YOU TELL HER?!" he yelled before charging towards the petite woman and wrapped his hands around her neck. "You ing ..." he cursed as he tightened the grip on her neck before flinging her onto the ground. "Let me get this straight, this is Myungsoo choking you, not my split personality and also..." he picked up the glass vase which was near him and smashed it on the spot near the girl. "WE ARE DONE."

"M-myungsoo..." Seungyeon stuttered as tears welled up in her eyes. "DON'T 'Myungsoo' ME. GET THE OUT I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN GET THE HELL OUT!" Myungsoo yelled to the extend where he even got dizzy for having yell too loudly. And when Seungyeon finally did get out of his office, he dropped onto the floor and started sobbing and it was the exact same thing he did, when he knew he lost Woori to Sunggyu 5 years ago.

An hour later, his secretary came in only to find him lying on the floor of his office, sleeping with scattered glass beside him. "Oh my god! Chief Kim!" she gasped as she kneeled beside him and shook him up. She kept shaking him to the point where Myungsoo jerked up and glared at her with bloodshot eyes, signalling that he was beyond annoyed and irritated by her actions. "I'm calling your psychiatrist." she informed before standing up. "Naeun, put the ing phone down." Myungsoo warned but Naeun simply ran out of the office with her cellphone in hand.

An hour later, Myungsoo's psychiatrist arrived and Myungsoo was at the exact same spot, lying down next to the scattered glass. "Myungsoo ssi." Doctor Jung began as he stood next to the man. "Yes...Doctor Jung..." the latter sighed as he stood up. The fume he had was long gone. "Are you all calm now? Myungsoo ssi? Did you break up with Han Seungyeon?"

 


 

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Woori and Sunggyu! Happy birthday to you! Wooo!" The 3 clapped and yelled as they stood up. "Sigh, why are you guys making so much noise as if this is a huge birthday party?" Woori chuckled as she sat down next to Sunggyu. "It is a birthday party!" Woohyun exclaimed. "A mini one." Wooin corrected. "That's right!" Taerin agreed as she poured some seaweed soup in a bowl and passed it to Sunggyu. "Thank you eommonim." Sunggyu thanked politely, earning a warm smile from Taerin.

"I never can imagine you being my brother in law when you were that rude prickly 5 years ago. Damn." Wooin remarked, shaking his head as he noticed how time has changed alot. "Oppa, is that something you can say to your future brother in law on his birthday? How dare you." Woori clicked her tongue in annoyance. "Hahaha it's alright. I WAS a rude prickly anyways. As long as i'm not right now." Sunggyu chuckled.

After the birthday lunch, Sunggyu decided to sneak to Woori's room while she was in the toilet. He smiled warmly as he scanned through the baby pictures sticking on the walls of her room. "That is the place when we first met." Woori said, suddenly appearing out of nowhere, pointing at a picture of a playground at the corner of the wall. "You have been my hero since day 1." she chuckled. Suddenly, Sunggyu lifted her up out of no where and placed her on the bed. "Ya! My parents are just downstairs!" Woori hissed. "Just one kiss..." he mumbled before pulling her into a very deep and passionate kiss.

Woori wrapped her arms around his neck before she slanted her face to deepen the kiss even more but then... "HEY! Sorry for ing sis but appa and umma sent me up here to get you two because they knew this was going to happen." Wooin said as he pulled a blank face to the couple that just pulled away from their hot make out. "OPPA!" Woori shrieked. "None of my business." he said, before walking out with a 'surrender' gesture.

Sunggyu clicked his tongue before looking at Woori. "Ya let's go." she said. "One last kiss..." Sunggyu smiled before lunging for her lips breathtakingly for a few seconds before finally pulling away. "Ya Kim Sunggyu...are you perhaps right now?" Woori asked as she raised an eyebrow. "No, i'm just addicted to your lips. C'mon baby, let's go down." Sunggyu said as he lifted Woori off the bed like a baby. The couple heard some barking before they quickly hurried down the stairs. "Dubu!! My baby!" Woori exclaimed excitedly.

"Thank you Ahyoung noona for bringing Dubu over." Sunggyu bowed politely. "Good life now eh?" Ahyoung smiled as she handed Dubu over to Woori. Sunggyu flashed a lopsided smile as he looked at her from head to toe, dressed in a bright floral dress and unlike before, her smile shone brighter than ever. "Say so yourself. Have a nice day Ahyoung noona, we'll have coffee next time." right when Sunggyu wanted to close the door, a foot stopped it.

The first thing that came to Sunggyu's mind was : Myungsoo. He recognized those shoes from earlier this afternoon. He opened the door and true enough, Myungsoo was standing there, with a smile. "What on earth..." Woori mumbled. "Oh Myungsoo come in come in!" Taerin said as she invited the younger one in. "Umma...appa you invited him?" Woori asked in disbelief. "Of course. We heard news that he was in Seoul and since it's your birthday and you guys are bestfriends, so why not?" Woohyun shrugged. Myungsoo smirked when Woori faced him.

 

 

 

 

 

"Miss me, bestfriend?"

 


 

So Myungsoo has came down with some psychology problems andddddd...yeah along the way you would just pity him since the cause of this was the traumatizing heartbreak he had 5 years ago that screwed his mind. There will be intense moments between the two and some shiz and some unexpected stuff will happen blah blah blah. And basically, my fav part of this chapter was when Wooin ed Woori and Sunggyu. You can totally imagine it as Park Seo Joon in Kill Me, Heal Me be like:

Yeap. And Ahn Yona says peace ~ Subscribe and comment please! Comments are my crack! Love you all <3

-Mi Eun