eleven

You're Cold, Milady

" Let the competition begin " —;


 

"Argh..." Woori groaned as she pushed herself up from the bed. "What happened..." she looked around and saw that it was the hospital. "Holy in ." Woori cursed as she quickly searched for her phone on the desk. "It's Monday, 2pm." a nurse said as she walked past. "Monday? Oh Monday...WAIT MONDAY?!" she yelled causing Myungsoo to wake up from his sleep. "What's wrong Woori?" he asked worriedly.

"Myungsoo?! What are you doing here?" She didn't bother for an answer though, she quickly took out her clothes from the small cabinet beside the bed before pulling the small tubes away from her skin. She ran to the restroom, yes she ran and quickly changed into her clothes. "Did she just ran?" a nurse asked Myungsoo. "I guess she just did." Myungsoo shrugged. "But wasn't she hospitalised from starvation? Where did the energy to run even come from?" she said.

"There is a very important event today that she cannot missed, so I guess that's where the energy came from." Myungsoo explained. "But can she be discharged?" he asked. "Well, if she is well enough to even run, she can be discharged." Myungsoo thanked the nurse before taking all of Woori's belongings before heading to the counter.

"Woori why did you starve yourself when you know that the dance competition is on the next day?!" Woori scolded herself before she splashed some water on her face. Her face was much more paler than before and her eyebags were darker, but she doesn't really care about that now. The dance competition is a life or death situation, she can never throw away this opportunity.

Woori rushed out of the bathroom and ran to the hospital's convenience store, immediately grabbing two cans of redbull and placing it on the counter. She felt for her back pocket and realized that her wallet wasn't with her. "Dammit." Woori mumbled before dashing out of the convenience store to find Myungsoo. The next thing she knew, she crashed into someone, hard.

Right then she fell back and felt the world spinning in her head but before her body came in contact with the ground, the guy quickly pulled her back up by the waist. "I'm sorry, are you okay?" he asked worriedly as he eyed her dizzy expression. Woori finally got hold of herself before her eyes focused on the man. "Wait, aren't you Nam Woori?" he asked. Woori recognized the man but before she could speak, Myungsoo grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the man.

"Lee Sungyeol, what are you doing here and why were you holding her like that?" Myungsoo snapped. Woori didn't care anymore, she felt for his back pocket and took his wallet before running back to the convenience store. "Myungsoo ssi, you don't need to know anything." Sungyeol glared before he walked off. "Sheesh what is that guy's problem?" Myungsoo hissed before he turned around. "Wait did she just took my wallet?" he felt for his back pocket before he sighed.

"I'm already broke for paying Woori's hospitalization fees." Myungsoo whined. Woori stared at the empty wallet before shaking it vigorously. "How can he not have a single penny?" she groaned before looking at the two cans of redbull. She looked at the clock on the wall. Time is running out. "Myungsoo where is my wallet." she asked immediately when Myungsoo entered the store. "I have no idea." Myungsoo shrugged. "Goddamn I need these now!" Woori was basically a child throwing a tantrum for not getting a candy.

"Um if you're not going to pay for those can you please put the cans back in the fridge please." the cashier said. Myungsoo scanned the cashier from head to toe, she's probably a teenager, high schooler maybe. He looked at Woori before narrowing his eyes to the cans of redbull. Woori got the message and she took the two cans before proceeding to the back of the store where she probably won't be seen.

"Hey um, what's your name?" Myungsoo asked, flashing his most handsome smile ever and of course, the girl fell for it. "My name is Jae In." the girl said, smiling so widely, totally flushed that a cute guy was asking for her name. "You seem really young, how old are you?" while Myungsoo was busy distracting her, Woori quickly flicked the cans open before drinking it as fast as she could. Her eyes flew to the clock once again. 2:45pm. The competition is at 4pm. Woori squeezed her eyes shut as she tried her best to drink quickly.

"Oh you like photography? I love photography too!" Myungsoo smiled. "By the way...do you have a girlfriend?" Jae In asked, making Myungsoo choke on his saliva. "What? Ye-yes, I do have a girlfriend." he stammered as he looked back. "Myungsoo ya you really don't have any money? I can't find any on the floor." Woori walked towards him. "Sorry baby, apparently I don't." Myungsoo caressed Woori's cheek making her stone for a moment.

"How can such a handsome guy like him have a girlfriend like her." Jae In mumbled before she shot a glare at Woori. "Well it was nice talking to you while waiting for my girlfriend, see ya." Myungsoo waved before putting an arm over Woori's shoulder as the two walked out from the store. Myungsoo immediately retracted his arm afterwards. "What time is the competition?" he asked as he looked at his watch. "4pm." Woori replied. "If we get on a cab now we will be able to make it in time." Myungsoo said as he hailed for a cab.

Fortunately, God was on their side today and in five minutes time, they got a cab. "Wait what about my clothes?" Woori asked as she looked at her own clothes that was obviously inappropriate for dancing. "Don't worry, I got your dancing clothes in here." Myungsoo assured her as he patted the bag that he was carrying. "Thanks..." she sighed in relief.

There was an awkward silence as the two thought what to say. They had almost forgotten what happened last night because Woori was late for the competition.

"I'm sorry about last night." the two echoed. They looked into each other's eyes and found that their heart was beating abnormally quick. "I take back about everything I said last night." Woori said. "Me too. You're never a problem for me, you're what I can ever ask for." he sighed. "Myungsoo, the night when you were drunk, was what you said really true?" she asked. Myungsoo was debating with himself whether he should say it or not. He was really afraid.

"And if I say yes? What are you going to do about it? Are you going to avoid me?" Myungsoo asked. It was nerve-wrecking as he waited for her answer. "No. Who says i'm going to avoid you?" Woori asked as she stared at him. "R-really?!" he stuttered, completely shocked.

 


 

Sunggyu looked at the dance audition clips on his tablet intensely, monitering the dancers' every move. "Sunggyu aren't you interested on who your fiancee might be?" Mr Kim asked as he sat beside his son. "No. I don't love whoever you set me up with anyways." Sunggyu said flatly as he continued looking at his tablet.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in." Mr Kim said and the door opened to a very beautiful young lady. "Hello Sunggyu ssi, Mr Kim." the girl did a 90 degree bow. "Aren't you being too much Sunggyu ah? Your childhood friend is here." Mr Kim said. Sunggyu looked up from his tablet and scanned her face. "Han Seungyeon is my childhood friend? Since when? I don't remember having a friend that abandoned me when I needed her the most." Sunggyu snapped coldly before he looked at his tablet again.

Seungyeon sighed before she sat next to Sunggyu. "Sunggyu ya, i'm sorry I had to do that. It was a life and death situation and you know it." she begged for his forgiveness for who knows how many times. It was his mother's funeral, even his dad wasn't there and all he had then was Seungyeon, but then, she didn't come, she left the country without saying anything and when she came back, she didn't even bothered to explain herself or to look for him, she just came back with new friends and of course, a new boyfriend.

"Good luck for the competition." Sunggyu said flatly before standing up to leave the room. Seungyeon looked at the ground, not really sure if she can even dance after getting so called rejected again. "Seungyeon, don't think about it too much, he'll forgive you one day." Mr Kim placed a hand on her shoulder.

 

"How dare that showed up in front of me." Sunggyu cussed behind his gritted teeth. He has imagined this scenario countless of times, that he would just keep his cool and not show any emotion, and that he would not be affected but no matter how hard he tried, the feeling of betrayal and abandonment came back to haunt him again, just when he was about to forget her.

Just when he turned, from a distance, he saw a taxi stop. He didn't know why he stared at the taxi, but he just did. The door opened and Woori came out of the taxi. "Woori? I didn't see her at school today..." but Sunggyu felt relieved, he felt that a small part of him cheered up until Myungsoo came out of the taxi as well. "Why the must Myungsoo stick to her wherever she goes? Are they really that inseperatable?" Sunggyu mumbled lowly, but that was also when he almost stopped breathing for a mere second.

The two shared a hug, it looked normal at first but then Woori wrapped her hands around Myungsoo's neck before she leaned in to give him a small kiss on the lips. "What the hell did I just see?" when the two pulled away, Sunggyu started breathing normally again. "Aren't they bestfriends? W-why..." he found himself stammering all of a sudden. This wasn't Kim Sunggyu. "I'm going crazy..." Sunggyu gripped his hair in frustration before he turned away.

"We reached 20 minutes early!" Myungsoo smiled happily. "But aren't you going to eat something? You starved yourself yesterday, remember?" he continued when Woori's stomach let out a loud growl. "I guess I am." she laughed in embarrassment. "Let's eat something light at the cafe." Myungsoo said as he held her hand, fingers intertwined. Heat instantly rushed up to Woori's cheek. She has never felt this before, she has never felt this type of 'love'. Guess all she needed was someone to give her a little push for her to realize her true feelings.

 

Woori sipped on her Americano. The bitterness woke her up even more while the strawberry shortcake gave her a sugar rush. "I feel so hyper." Woori said as she bounced on her seat. "This is only temporary, it should last you throughout the whole competition but by the time you get home, you'll be drop dead tired." Myungsoo said as he poked her nose. "Why did you starve yourself last night when you knew fair well that you have a competition today?" he asked.

"I was upset." she sighed. "I thought we were really over and done with." Myungsoo laughed at her cute answer before he cupped her face. "We are never over and done with, alright? I was planning on apologizing to you that night and then there you are, in the dance studio, lying on the ground unconscious. Did you know how worried I was?" he pinched her cheeks as a punishment. "Ouch ouch. Kim Myungsoo let go!" she hissed. "Then promise me that you won't ever starve yourself ever again." he said.

"Alright, I promise." Woori said boringly before Myungsoo finally let go of her reddened cheeks. The couple walked out of the cafe and that's when the P.A system played. "The 7 participants of the D4LG dance competition, please proceed to the waiting room to prepare." Woori tore herself away from Myungsoo and waved at him. "Bye Myungsoo." He blinked at her and held her wrist. "What do you mean bye? I'm coming with you to the waiting room." he said before linking arms with her.

 

When Myungsoo opened the door to the waiting room, the first person he saw, was Kim Sunggyu. Then, Woori entered too. "Woah you guys are all here." she smiled. Not only Sunggyu was there, Sungjong and Sungyeol was there too. "Woori? You're in the competition too? But weren't you at the hospital earlier?" Sungyeol asked. "That was nothing." Woori waved a hand a him.

Woori quickly went to the bathroom to change whilst Myungsoo sat on the sofa, making sure he was at least a meter away from all the other girls. "What's with you and Woori?" Sunggyu asked, giving his signature cold stare. "We're together, that's what." Myungsoo answered. "Since when?" Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at Sunggyu, finding it awfully strange that he's asking questions like these. "Sunbae, why are you asking this?"

Just then, Woori came back in so the two pretended that they never had that conversation. She joined the rest of the girls with the stretching and the splits. "Hi." Seungyeon waved at Woori. "Uh...hey." Woori said awkwardly. "My name's Han Seungyeon, nice to meet you." she put out her hand for a handshake. "Nice to meet you too.." Woori hesitated whether to shake her hand, but she did it anyways. Sunggyu stared hard at Seungyeon, wondering what the hell she was doing now.

"Alright girls, it's time to go backstage." Sungyeol clapped as he hopped off the table. Myungsoo pulled Woori into a warm hug. "Good luck babe." he whispered in her ear. He pulled away before pecking her lips. "I love you, remember that." As cheesy as it sounds, Woori hugged him again but right at that moment, everybody flinched when the door suddenly slammed and there was no sight of Sunggyu.

"Alright its really time to go backstage now." Sungjong said as he led the girls out. Myungsoo left the waiting room and went to sit in the audience, wanting to see his girlfriend(yes girlfriend)'s performance up front.

The 7 girls felt the nervousness rise when the emcee spoke into the mic. "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we present to you, the D4LG competition where these 7 girls would be competing for a dance career in the United States of America. Who will emerge as the champion for this competition? That is your choice." the emcee pointed towards the audience.

Woori felt her heart beat faster and faster before the emcee said the line that she has always been waiting for.

"Let the competition begin!"

 


 

So finally! The 11th chapter AND YES, Myungsoo and Woori are together!!! I tried to keep this whole story as cold as possible but as you can see, I failed miserably because of the obvious fluff between Myungsoo and Woori in this chapter. And about the competition, just imagine that this is like the movie Step Up, but of course, not as 'hectic'. Sorry for the fluff overload people, just appreciate it for now because later on, probably a few chapters later, there would be nothing but hatred and so on and so forth. AND LOOK AT THE NEW MYUNGSOO CHAPTERED POSTER ITS SO BEAUTIFUL LIKE GAHHHHHHH. As expected shin-oppa(WGF)'s graphics is always the best! And please do comment on your thoughts! Till the next chapter, see ya!

-Mi Eun