four

You're Cold, Milady

" You don't know me " —;


 

"Back, back, back, back, back." Woori was once again in the dance studio, casually dancing to her new favorite song. Honestly, even as a hardcore dancer, she would get sick of the dance that she dances everytime and when that happens, this is how she takes a break. "Save me." Woori stopped and panted hard. She was staring at herself in the mirror, examining her posture, just then, everything went dark.

"What?" Woori mumbled as she began to panic. She wasn't really quite fond of the dark and having a huge mirror in front makes it even more scarier. She quickly grabbed her bag and dashed out of the room. She was afraid. "Why didn't Wooin oppa wait for me?" she panted hard and then remembered the other night when she was being cold to him. "Nam Woori you seriously need to correct your attitude." Woori scolded herself before she ran, trying to find her way to the gates.

"Hmm...this..." Sunggyu bit the tip of his pen. He was about to write something down when the lights flickered off. "What the ? Another black out? You have got to be kidding me." he stared at his empty paged assignment with the help of the moonlight. "I guess I have to complete it at home then." Sunggyu sighed before he stood up, packing his bag to leave. He never liked home, in fact, he didn't have one.

Walking towards the empty, dark and creepy carpark, he suddenly felt a huge impact crash into him and honestly, he was afraid. I mean, who the hell wouldn't be afraid if you're alone in the dark and all of a sudden, something or someone crashes into you? He yelled, she screamed. The both of them looked at each other wide eyed as they felt their heart wanting to explode out of anxiety.

"Aish you scared me!" Woori yelled. "E-excuse me?! You were the one that crashed into me!" Sunggyu exclaimed. "You were the one that suddenly walked out of no where!" she yelled again. "Shut up, you're too loud." he signalled her to get lost before walking away. "What the is that guy's problem?" Woori mumbled before she quickly walked towards the school gate.

Sunggyu's car was loud and when he drove out of the school, he stopped when he saw Woori standing at the pavement outside the school, looking so helpless. The streetlights were all off and there honestly wasn't any lights besides the moonlight, if the school has a blackout, the 5 blocks around it would also have a blackout. "Hey!" Sunggyu hollered as he wind down his window.

Woori ignored him as she tried to walk, but gulped when she saw the threatening darkness. "It's dark and it's not safe. C'mon i'll hitch you a ride home." he offered. "Are you really the obnoxious cold and arrogant school president? You seem so different now." Woori said with much sarcasm. "You're right. I am obnoxious, cold and arrogant, but I'm also the school president, how the hell can I let a girl go home alone, this late in this darkness? It would be no surprise if you get , Woori ssi." Sunggyu said.

Woori bit her lips as she heard the word ''. She was still hesitating whether to get into Sunggyu's car or not. "I'm giving you 3 seconds to run to my car or else i'm leaving." Sunggyu offered once again. "1..." she looked towards the darkness then towards Sunggyu. "2..." She thought she saw a ghost when she spot something white amongst the darkness. "3..." she ran towards Sunggyu's car as fast as her legs could carry her.

Sunggyu smirked. "Where do you live?" he asked. Woori sighed as she told him her address because honestly, she couldn't really trust him. "You can relax, I'm not going to rob your house. Why would I anyways?" he laughed. Kim Sunggyu freaking laughed and it was the first time she has seen it. Suddenly his phone rang. "Oh Sungjong ah, what you're in front of my house? At this hour? Okay i'll be right back." Woori widened her eyes at the friendly tone Sunggyu was using to speak to whoever this Sungjong is.

Who would ever thought that this cold bastard could ever smile and laugh? "Wait...Sungjong? Lee Sungjong?" she furrowed her eyebrows as the image of the Sungjong she knew popped up in her head. There was no way that Sungjong can be friends with Sunggyu. Because firstly, Sungjong was a nerd and secondly, Sunggyu is too cold to be friends with a nerd.

"The competition is in 2 weeks time, are you preparing?" Sunggyu asked. "Well obviously." Woori replied flatly. "I haven't forgot about my challenge you know. You said you could rise back up again right?" he raised an eyebrow. " , Nam Woori what have you gotten yourself into?!" she mentally cursed at herself. "Yeah." she answered coolly. "Very well, I will be anticipating." Sunggyu said monotonously. Just when Woori thought that Sunggyu could actually be friendly, she was wrong.

 


 

Myungsoo tapped his feet as he leaned against the fence, waiting patiently. "Myungsoo ya, you sure you don't want to wait inside?" Wooin asked. "No it's okay." Myungsoo kindly rejected the offer, not wanting to step into the house without Woori. Where was she? It was already 8pm. He sighed as he looked at the bright blue small camera that was hanging on his neck. Only one picture in it.

He raised the camera and faced the lens towards himself. Trying to smile, he snapped a picture of himself. He looked at the captured picture and realized how tired and worried his face looks despite the smile that he tried to put up. Where the hell was Woori? She should've left school by now. She would always come home for dinner.

 

Woori widened her eyes even more as she looked at the food being placed in front of her before looking at the guy. "Are you really Kim Sunggyu? Did you hit your head on the wall or something?" she asked, totally shocked with Sunggyu's actions. Not only did he offered to take her home, but he also offered to treat her to dinner...at a dubboki store, leaving the poor whoever it is Sungjong in front of his house.

"And you eat at these places? Aren't you a chaebol? Shouldn't you eat at some 5 star restaurants or something?" Woori said again. Sunggyu sighed before he placed a piece of rice cake in his mouth. "You talk too much, you know that? Besides, why are you so surprised? I'm human too aren't I? Sheesh, aren't you suppose to be cold as well?" he asked. Woori looked at the food before her stomach growled.

"Well...it's just shocking that you're nice to me...you're supposed to be those obnoxious bastards that don't give a single about others." Woori said as she ate gleefully. "You don't know me." Sunggyu stared deeply into her eyes. Well, behind everyone is a dark secret and also a reason. "Well neither do you." she replied, making him laugh again. "You should appreciate this day, it's just because i'm in a good mood, that's why." he smiled.

 

The car arrived at Woori's house, finally. It was 10 already. "Thank you, sunbae." Woori nodded emotionlessly before she got out of the car, and the moment she did, she saw Myungsoo sleeping against the fence of her house. "Myungsoo!" she immediately ran towards him, not caring whether Sunggyu has left or not. "Oh Woori, you're back." Myungsoo smiled tiredly. "Why did you wait for me? You're already so tired..." Woori bit her lips and frowned as she felt bad.

"But we're suppose to go for a walk together tonight, at the pretty new park and take alot of pictures..." Myungsoo was beginning to mumble as he dozed off again. How can he sleep outside like this? "Ya Nam Woori, how can you make your bestfriend wait for you like that?" Wooin scowled as he had sleeping Myungsoo on his back as the 3 of them entered the house. "Oh gosh, i'm so sorry I lost track of time." Woori sighed as she ruffled through Myungsoo's hair softly.

"And wasn't that Kim Sunggyu's car? Black Bugatti Veyron. There's only one Bugatti Veyron in our school and that belongs to Kim Sunggyu." Wooin eyed her sister suspiciously. "No, that wasn't a Bugatti Veyron. You must've seen wrongly oppa, since it's so dark." and Woori didn't even know why she would lie about Sunggyu.

Wooin placed Myungsoo on the guest bed and sighed, shaking his head at his little sister. "You're so cruel to Myungsoo I swear." Wooin made a face. "What did I do? I was only late this time." Woori looked at her brother as she sat next to Myungsoo. "And clueless as well. Aish, i'm not going to care anymore. Get some sleep Woori, tomorrow you need to report at Woollim early for the briefing of being a back up dancer." he nagged. Ah yes, she just remembered. "Arasseo oppa, go to sleep first. Goodnight." she said before Wooin left the guest room.

"Clueless? Why am I clueless?" she questioned herself as she stared at Myungsoo's flawless looking face. "I will never get tired of that face. Sorry for today Myungsoo, I won't be late the next time, I promise. Goodnight." Woori pinched his cheeks and smiled widely before she left the guest room too. Yep, Woori is that clueless for the past 5 years. And yes, Myungsoo had a crush on her ever since they were just 12.

 


 

"Sungjong ah!" Sunggyu hollered as he got out of the car. "Hyung! You're late." Sungjong whined as he pushed his glasses up. "Well geez, i'm sorry okay. What are you doing here anyways?" he asked. "Well tomorrow, let's hang out with the other 2. There's this cool kickass movie that was released today, but I wanted to watch it with you guys so..." This was the so called 'badass' side of Sungjong. Watching really REALLY violent movies.

"Aren't the other 2 busy practicing tomorrow? They're having their comeback soon ya know." Sunggyu crossed his arms. "Ey, taking them away for just 3 hours is not going to kill." Sungjong rolled his eyes. "Fine fine. Hey the finals Germany against Argentina is like in 3 hours time. Wanna watch it together?" Sunggyu smiled. "Hm, since there's no school tomorrow, sure."

"That's my bro." Sunggyu fist bumped with Sungjong before the 2 brothers walked into the huge mansion.

 


 

Well this chapter isn't all that cold and angsty because if I were to make this story so angsty all the way, it would be boring and besides, angsty stories do have fluff moments too, so yeah, the nice side of Kim Sunggyu and the loving(and one sided crush) friendship between Woori and Myungsoo. Spoiler is that something is going to happen between Woori and Myungsoo but of course, not too soon. You guys can imagine whether it would be bad or good. Haha. AND YEAH, did you guys watched the live performance of Back today? The song was so freakin nice omg and BLONDE MYUNG like ugh, he kind of reminds me of hot american hunks, LOL but of course, Myungsoo is always hotter than any other guy(to me).