sixteen

You're Cold, Milady

" Emotionally Abandoned " —;


 

She tossed and turned, everything was so uncomfortable, her heart was aching, she was in agony. "Please don't leave me..." she cried. "Appa...Umma...Wooin...Myungsoo...why did you guys leave me...all of you were all I had..." sweat started to form on her forehead as a tear rolled down her cheek. "It hurts...my heart..." she mumbled, more tears coming out and when she couldn't take it, she jerked up from the bed, sweating, panting, trying to catch her breath.

Wiping the tears away, she looked to the side to see a curious little girl staring at her with huge eyes. "Wait...aren't you...Jung Seyeon?" she asked. "Umma! She is awake!" Seyeon yelled and a few moments later, Jaemi barged into the room. "Oh Woori! You're awake! How are you feeling?" Jaemi asked. "Yoon Jaemi? What are you doing here?" Woori immediately asked before looking around. "Wait, what am I doing here? Where am I?" she asked again.

"Woori, relax. This is my house. You were unconscious on the ground at 12 midnight, don't you think it's a little dangerous? How can I just leave you like that?" Jaemi said before sitting beside Woori, placing her hand on her forehead again. "Since when were we on good terms?" Woori asked quietly. "Well, you kept my secret about Seyeon, so I appreciate that. Now I helped you too, so I guess we're even." she stated, giving a small smile.

"But what happened to you? You look like a mess..." Jaemi asked. Woori just sighed and bit her lips, not sure whether she actually wants to spill out her problems to someone else. She doesn't really like ranting, she doesn't want to burden others with her concerns, it's just not right. "Well, it's okay if you don't want to tell me...take your time Woori..." the latter continued. Woori's heart felt heavy and she just wanted to spill out everything right there and then. She needs to, before she actually dies of emotional trauma. She can regret later.

"The day before yesterday was hell, Sunggyu was being so unfair when I was the actual winner for the dance competition, I would've been in America by now if he wasn't being a selfish bastard. We fought, physically. I was so angry that I wanted to kill him, so I pushed him down the pool but he ended up surviving and my parents both knew about this, they were singers and and—" Woori spoke too much she forgot to breathe.

"Woori, slowly slowly, take it slowly...it's alright, there's alot of time, no one is rushing you." Jaemi cooed, trying to calm her down. "And they asked me to beg for forgiveness on my knees so that I wouldn't be sent to the juvenile hall for attempted murder and they didn't even know the whole story, they were never there for me and their reputation mattered to them more than anything else. I mean, who would listen to a singer whose child is a so called convict right? They don't give a about how I feel, my life is controlled by them."

"And then yesterday, when I was on my way to the hospital, two guys attempted to me, they tore my blouse, they almost broke my ankle but luckily I knew how to fight, I was really lucky that I didn't actually get and you know what? After that , my mother texted me again to remind me to beg for forgiveness and then I really had no choice so when I went to Sunggyu's ward, I begged on my knees and right at that moment, Sunggyu's father came in and said the most absurd thing out of all this ." Woori paused.

"Go on, what happened?" Jaemi urged, wanting to know the end of the story, it was like she was watching a drama. "He said that Sunggyu and I will be engaged. We are stuck, in an arranged marriage and my parents didn't even tell me about it." she continued with a sigh. "What?!" Jaemi screeched, making Seyeon flinch. "Are you angry? Because you liked Sunggyu?" Woori asked.

"NO! I'm angry FOR you! I mean how the hell can this happen? This is ridiculous and anyways, seeing how much of a bastard Kim Sunggyu is, I don't think I like him anymore. How can he hire men to you that is downright despicable!" Jaemi ranted. At that moment, the both of them seemed to be bestfriends for life. Woori didn't have any girl friends though. The only friend she had was Myungsoo, and now he's gone too. "But what about Myungsoo? Aren't you two together?" Jaemi asked.

"He broke up with me yesterday night, I didn't know why...he was the only one left and now he abandoned me too...that's why I packed my bags. I don't want to live there anymore." Woori said, her voice getting softer and softer since this is the second time recently that she has spoken so much in one go. Jaemi opened up her arms. "Want a hug?" Woori bit her lips, debating whether to trust her. Well, since she already told Jaemi the whole story, why not? She leaned into Jaemi's embrace, finally feeling warmth again.

Sure, Jaemi once hated her, but the fact that no matter how much Woori hated her back but still kept Seyeon a secret to everyone, changed Jaemi's perspective on Woori forever. Woori may not look like it, she may not seem like it, but deep down inside, she's just a normal bright and cheerful girl that needs love like everyone else. She just needs the love so that she can finally open up from her shell again.

 


 

Sunggyu sighed as he stood in front of the gates of his house. Is this even his home? "I don't belong anywhere..." he chuckled pathetically. There was no place where he felt comfortable, no place where there was warmth and love, there was no place where he could keep smiling, there was no place that brought him happiness. Sure, he had friends, but right now, all of them didn't want to talk to him because apparently, he hit a girl.

"Am I going to live my life this way forever?" he asked himself. "But wait, now i'm engaged with Woori." Sunggyu ruffled his hair in frustration but at the same time, he was curious onto how his life with Woori is going to be. It's not possible that she's going to beat him up every night right? That's kind of absurd...but it's possible since she hated him to the core. "Whatever, i'll just file a divorce once I marry her." he shook his head before entering the gates.

"Let me see your face. I didn't get a good look yesterday when you were at the hospital." Mr Kim said but Sunggyu ignored him. Mr Kim grabbed Sunggyu's chin and turned his face towards him. "Woori must have been pretty strong in punching your face. A slap wouldn't do that much damage. As expected, Woori is much more different than all the other girls." Mr Kim laughed. "Cut off the engagement if you don't want to stand in front of your son's grave in the future. She might kill me in my sleep for all we know." Sunggyu said softly.

"Oh trust me son, she wouldn't, and you wouldn't die so easily. You are Kim Sunggyu, you are MY son, if you could survive your past, I'm sure you can survive Woori. No matter how different she is, she is still a girl. If you actually manage to get killed by her, then you're a . And I know my son isn't like that right?" Mr Kim smiled before patting on his head. Sunggyu slapped his father's hands away. "Do not ever use your filthy hands to touch me again." Sunggyu hissed dangerously before storming up to his room.

"Wait, i'm curious onto one thing." Mr Kim spoke suddenly, making Sunggyu stop in his tracks. "Why do you hate Woori so much?" the older one asked. Honestly, Sunggyu didn't know. He was so sure that he was interested in Woori before, but then suddenly, boom, he hates her. Did he hate her because of her guts though? Because she does have some guts, punching him in front of his friends. Sunggyu didn't answer, he just continued walking back to his room.

The first thing he wanted to do was to continue to compose his new song and it has been a super long time since he touched his guitar. His table was in a mess; formula sheets, revision worksheets, other song sheets were all strewn over the table. "Damn, I hope I didn't lose it..." Sunggyu mumbled as he searched for his song sheet. "What's this...?" he squinted his eyes as he looked at the memory card he was holding, trying to remember where he got it from. He inserted it into his computer and opened the file.

A big "OH" was heard when he saw the pictures. Sunggyu wanted to close the file but paused when he saw the picture with Myungsoo and Woori. "Wait...if i'm engaged with Woori...then what is going to happen to Myungsoo?" he furrowed his eyebrows. "They'll break up right? Ahaha, then that's their problem~" he sang, laughing for the first time. Sunggyu wasn't really too fond of Myungsoo. At first it was because he was so close to Woori, but in the end, he just didn't like him.

 


 

"WHERE THE HELL IS WOORI?!" Taerin screamed. "No note no nothing. Most of her clothes aren't here, and her bags too." Woohyun sighed. "How dare she run away! Did she even apologized to Sunggyu?! I was being gentle with her, but this annoying brat doesn't seem to listen!" Taerin yelled in annoyance. "We spoiled her too much...and Sunggyu will eventually forgive her one day, don't worry. They are getting married, remember?" her husband said, trying to cool her down.

"But what if the media finds out about this—" "IS YOUR CAREER ACTUALLY THAT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW?!" Wooin yelled suddenly. He had enough of his parents' bull, he was so pissed off. How can they treat his precious sister like that? "WOORI IS MISSING AND WHAT YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT IS YOUR JOB? ISN'T THE FIRST THING THAT YOU SHOULD DO IS CALL THE POLICE TO SEARCH FOR HER?" he continued, feeling as if his head is about to explode in fury.

"Wooin...what are you talking about...?" Taerin asked, in a softer tone this time. "Do you not even give a single to Woori's feelings? You always do stuff your way. I know, parents are always right, but can you please be considerate to her feelings as well? She's not a ing puppet, she's a goddamn human! HUMAN! MY BABY SISTER! How can you just set her up with Kim Sunggyu like that?! Do you know how much of a despicable person Sunggyu is?! Do you not worry about your daughter one single bit?" Wooin asked, feeling so useless that he couldn't do anything for his sister.

"Wooin! Watch what you say—" Woohyun thundered, but his son interrupted again. "It's alright, don't call the police. I'm sure Woori doesn't want to see you guys at the moment...and neither do I." and with that, the younger one grabbed the bag that he packed his clothes in before leaving the house at that very instant. Wooin took out his phone and dialled for a number. "Oh, Jaeyoung ah...you said that you parents are on a business trip right? Yeah, let me stay at your house for a few nights."

 


 

After a few days, Woori was well enough to go back to school, she promised herself to never look back because Myungsoo's seat is apparantly is right behind hers. She promised herself to request for the change of seats if she has that chance. But surprise surprise. Myungsoo wasn't there when she came back. Well of course, he should feel ashamed! But the problem was, Myungsoo wasn't only absent on that particular day, he has been absent for 2 weeks already.

Woori immediately had a thought. "No...Woori you shouldn't. He probably doesn't love you anymore so why bother?" she reminded herself. He's probably alright. How can Kim Myungsoo not be alright? He's always alright.

Another week passed and Myungsoo still hasn't come to school and even Wooin noticed that. The siblings still stayed away from their parents because of the pressure they had on them. "Have you tried calling him though?" Wooin asked. "There is no answer. Maybe I should check out his apartment..." Woori said, finally making the decision. She might not worry about him as a girlfriend, but she worries about him as his classmate, so no harm done. "Do you want me to come along?" Wooin offered.

"It's alright oppa...I'll go by myself." Woori said, declining. At the same time, she and Sunggyu hasn't spoken a word to each other, but she felt strange as she would occasionally find Sunggyu stealing glances at her.

 

Woori sighed before she knocked on the door. "Myungsoo." she began. She stood there, waiting for a minute but there wasn't any response. "Myungsoo...are you in there?" she asked again, knocking harder before pressing the door bell countless of times. Woori somehow could sense that Myungsoo was in there. She wasn't going to give up. "Myungsoo, I know you're in there, I want to talk to you..so please..." she pleaded, but again, no answer.

"I'll just break in then." Woori mumbled before sliding up the cover and typing in the passcode. Once she stepped inside the apartment, she was greeted by a strong stench of alchohol. Soju bottles were everywhere, Myungsoo's clothes and school books were sprewn all around the floor. It's as if a tornado hit this place.

She heard some grunts before turning around, noticing Myungsoo covered by his blanket, one arm sticking out; holding onto a soju bottle. "Myungsoo!" she yelled before uncovering him and when she did, she gasped. He was in a horrendous state! His hair was in a mess, his shirt was a little torn here and there and he isn't even in his pants but worst of all...his eyes...his eyes showed a different person...it wasn't like the Myungsoo she used to know.

"Myungsoo! What happened to you?" Woori asked, completely terrified. "Who are you? You look so much like Nam Woori..." he let out a drunken laugh whilst pointing at her. "You need to get a hold of yourself! You can't keep drinking alchohol! You're underage...what's wrong Myungsoo ah?" Woori's voice trembled so much in fear and sadness.

"Ah...I must be hallucinating because you're really Nam Woori! Probably that's why i've been drinking so much, I wanted to see your face so much...even in dreams...in hallucinations...and finally, I see you. It's probably so unreal because why on earth would you visit me after I broke your heart so badly? Plus I abandoned you and left you all alone...I must be a crazy ...but I had no choice..." he chuckled before a tear slipped from his eye.

Myungsoo stared at Woori before he reached out to touch her face and at that moment, Woori was crying, she was biting onto her lips so damn hard to prevent herself from completely breaking down. She flinched when his fingers made contact with her face and right then, Myungsoo widened his eye a little. "You're...you're...really...no wait...it's impossible." he laughed again but soon enough, his laughing turned into crying when he held her face. "Woori ah...I love you so much...so ing much. It's all his fault...he ruined me...he ruined you...he ruined our happiness." he cried.

Woori didn't understand a single thing he was saying but before she could even try to think about it, Myungsoo held her face firmly with both hands before pressing his lips against hers. He held her face so firm it's as if he never wants to let her go. The latter did the same; putting both her arms around his neck and deepening the kiss as much as she can and soon, they were like kissing the souls out of each other.

Myungsoo pushed her down onto the bed before pulling away to take off his shirt and then going back to the hot make out again, his hands starting to roam inside of Woori's shirt but right then, there was a knock on the door.

Myungsoo ignored it and continued what he was doing but then the knocks turned into bangs and the door bell was being rang countless of times, it was so annoying that even Woori pushed him away to get the door. "Ugh! What the !" he cursed before getting up from the bed and storming towards the door, totally pissed off by whoever is breaking his moment.

"What the hell do you want?!" he yelled as he opened the door. Myungsoo got even more angry, frustrated and annoyed since the person right in front of his door step was none other than Kim ing Sunggyu. "Kim Sunggyu, what the do you want?" Myungsoo cursed, not giving a single whether Sunggyu is older than him or the damn school president. Sunggyu smirked.

 

 

"I'm here to take my fiancee back."

 


 

Oh my wooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww. I have no idea where all these sad writings came from, I think I got inspired by dramas even though the dramas i'm watching now aren't all really that sad...LOL. But yeah, for new readers who are probably reading this chapter as their first, Woohyun and Taerin are the parents of Woori and Wooin and yes, their parents are singers and Woohyun is a father...it's a half-half sequel to Your Sweet Guy, if you haven't read it, it's alright, there's nothing much that connects to this story anyways. And guys...please comment MOREEE...I'm so sad to see like so less comments ):

-Mi Eun