twenty-eight

You're Cold, Milady

" Reunion " —;


 

The atmosphere went pin drop silent. Woori's smile disappeared as she stared at the latter emotionlessly. On the other hand, Sunggyu was mentally dying when he saw that Woori wasn't smiling anymore. Many thoughts and doubts filled his mind and the tension was killing him twice. All Woori did was stare at him, she didn't even blink. After a few minutes of threatening silence, Sunggyu opened his mouth. "Woori if—"

"No."

His heart stopped for a moment. "Wha...what?" Woori let out a cough as she hugged the blanket, not wanting to meet the man in the eye. "I discovered the ring in your coat yesterday, so this is what it was. I thought you were going to give me a really fancy proposal...what's this...proposing to me right in the morning, in the bed...where we're both ." there was a small hint of tease in her tone but she tried to hide it and it sure as hell make Sunggyu confused.

"What?" Sunggyu repeated, furrowing his eyebrows. Woori got up and crossed her arms. "No as in, I don't want you to do it here. Who said I said no to your proposal?" and with that, Sunggyu immediately shot up with a smile. "So that means it's a yes?" he asked excitedly. "Of course it's a yes you fool. Why would I ever not marry you? I already told you, I can't picture myself with anyone else but you." the smile Woori had earlier returned as she placed her arms around his neck.

"You scared the hell out of me you naughty girl." Sunggyu chuckled softly before he leaned in to kiss her.

 

It was a bright and sunny day where everyone is happy and that included the couple that got engaged a while ago and this time, it is for real. They weren't bounded by a contract, but they were bounded by this simple yet passionate thing called love which wasn't really expected from them since they were once sworn enemies that beated the crap out of each other.

But since Sunggyu was still a little busy with work, the wedding was set a month later where his company's investment project will finish. Woori didn't really have much to do that day since Sunggyu was out at work and she doesn't really have a stable job anyways. Not because she doesn't want to have a job, but Sunggyu didn't want her to tire herself and he made a promise that he would support her till the very day he dies.

Woori furrowed her eyebrows when she saw a few cameramen coming out of the Woollim building. There would usually be a celebrity following after but it seems that the cameramen are on their own today. Woori shrugged before she turned around. "BOO!" she let out a startled scream before punching the latter on the arm for scaring her like that. "Ah my lovely dongsaeng how have you been~" she was then pulled into a literally breathtaking hug as she saw the cameramen filming her and her brother.

"I miss you too oppa but...I can't breathe...you're crushing my bones..." she managed. Wooin immediately pulled back, unaware that he almost squeezed her to death. "Sorry sister, but I missed you too much. Serves you right for not calling often." right after, a group of girls came out of the building, walking towards Wooin. "Wooin sunbaenim, why didn't you wait for us?" one of them whined. "OH MY GOODNESS!" another one of them shrieked. Woori widened her eyes as she looked at the cameraman before looking at the girls, thinking how they could act so carelessly on camera.

"It's Woori unnie!" two of the girls came running to Woori's side, scaring her a little as she did not recognize them. "Unnie did you forget us? I'm Yein, she's Sujeong, we were the presidents of your fanclub remember? We even visited you in the hospital before we auditioned for Woollim, rememberrrr??" Yein asked as she jumped excitedly. That vague flashback played in Woori's mind before she let out genuine laugh. "I couldn't recognize you girls! You two look so pretty and matured right now. I'm glad that the both of you succeeded." she smiled.

The PD got curious, so he finally raised a question. "Who is Woori?" he asked. "How can you not know Nam Woori? She is Wooin sunbaenim's younger sister and also, she is a dancing goddess. You need to watch her dance videos! She is awesome! Jjang!" Sujeong thumbs up-ed towards the camera. The PD then turned to the rest of the members. "Lovelyz, have you heard of Woori?" he asked. "I don't think i've heard of Woori before..." Mijoo shook her head.

"Ya Mijoo, don't lie. You danced Nam Woori's dance for your audition! Have you forgotten?" Babysoul added. Mijoo looked at Woori a little confused before she gasped. "Nam Woori?! THE Nam Woori that was the runner up for the D4LG dance competition?" Mijoo said, completely shocked. "YES!" Yein and Sujeong said. "Omg...Woori unnie nice to meet you! I am so so sorry for not recognizing you!" Mijoo apologized.

"It's alright! I'm not a celebrity, I should not be recognized so it's alright, don't take it too hard and I feel honoured that you danced my choreography for your audition and you've succeeded this far! I have to congratulate you." Woori said, shaking Mijoo's hand.

 


 

After meeting her parents and her brother, Woori went to wander somewhere else. She went to the favorite cafe that she and Myungsoo used to visit. Now the only person missing in her reunion chain, is Myungsoo. "I really wonder how is he right now..." she mumbled disappointingly, having thoughts that she might never get to meet Myungsoo again. She dialled his number and it soon brought her to voicemail which she so oftenly heard during the past 5 years of trying to contact Myungsoo. 'Leave a message after the beep.' beep.

"Myungsoo ya...how long has it been? 5 years? You promised me to give me your updated number when you're in Paris but what's this? You never even tried to call. It's sad...Kim Myungsoo." and with that, she ended the call. Woori let out another disappointing sigh as she sipped the last bits of her coffee before standing up but then suddenly, a few reporters  barged into the cafe as they continuously took pictures of someone in a suit.

The cafe owner got a real shock when the reporters accidentally bumped into the chairs and tables down. "Hey hey hey!" she yelled but they couldn't be bothered since they were so busy asking their 'topic' questions. "Is that a celebrity?" Woori mumbled as she stood up to see who was so popular to the point where they had so much reporters crowd an entire cafe.

"Many of your fans have been asking. Why have you returned to Seoul?" one of the reporters asked. "Seoul is my hometown, of course I have to return some day. I really missed this place and I really miss my parents." the guy said and added a laughter afterwards. Woori's ears perked up to that familiar voice before she stood up once more. "That voice..."

After failing to take a glimpse of the topic, she decided to leave the cafe. Woori wanted to leave anyways, and since that 'topic' was way at the entrance, she probably could catch a glimpse of him as well. She quickly grabbed as bag as she pushed through the reporters. "Excuse me! I'm trying to leave!" she even pushed off some reporters but she ended up getting pushed back. It felt like pinball and suddenly she got pushed around non-stop. " what the hell have I gotten myself into." she mentally cursed and finally, she fell onto the ground where she got some space.

"Aish stupid reporters these days being so rough just because of some gig..." muttering under her breath, Woori patted her elbows as she glared at the reporters that were all looking at her, or maybe, the person behind her. "Ya get out of the way!" one of them yelled. Woori immediately turned around when she realized that the 'topic' she wanted to catch a glimpse of is just right behind her and she saw them. Those captivating eyes that she could recognize anywhere. Those captivating eyes that she has been looking into for 17 years. Technically, 18.

Woori was shocked of course. The person she wanted to see the most magically appears in front of her like a fairy. "M-myungsoo...?" she stuttered. The latter, of course, was as surprised as she is. He never thought he would see her again after the news that she moved to Jeju with Sunggyu and that incident that scarred her. But before he could look at her any longer, she was then pushed back by reporters which continued to sprout nonsensical questions.

"Wait!" Myungsoo yelled and finally, everyone went silent. "That girl is my friend...the best friend which I enjoyed coming to this cafe with, please don't push her away, I haven't seen her in years and I really miss her..." he said softly. The reporters kept quiet as they made way for Woori. Woori glared at the reporters in irritation before stepping forward. "Myungsoo ya, let's get some coffee somewhere else...ALONE." Woori said. "Sure." Myungsoo smiled as he walked out of the cafe with Woori. The reporters went into an uproar as they chased after him but got stopped by his bodyguards.

 

"You seemed to be really popular huh...hotshot photographer?" Woori chuckled as she scanned Myungsoo from head to toe. His hair was styled up handsomely as he wore a tribal shirt with a tuxedo. Myungsoo smiled in response but suddenly his phone beeped. "Famous photographer L, cheating on Han Seungyeon?" the grip on his phone tightened as he read the news. "Is something wrong?" Woori asked. "No...nothing's wrong." Myungsoo shook his head.

Woori opened up her palm. "I can read you like a magazine. Hand over the phone." she demanded. Myungsoo shook his head as he locked his phone before putting it on the table. Woori immediately pressed the home button and froze when she saw his lockscreen picture. "Wait wait...this girl...the girl that won me in that dance competition...Sunggyu's so called ex-lover...Han S-seungyeon..." Woori was speechless. The picture showed a loving couple cuddling together with happy smiles on their faces and the couple was no other than Myungsoo and Han Seungyeon.

"Let me guess...the reporters wrote an article about you cheating on Seungyeon?" Woori raised an eyebrow. The man let out a sigh before he nodded his head slowly. Woori shook her head in disappointment. It isn't as though she doesn't want Myungsoo to have a girlfriend, but she just doesn't like Seungyeon. Especially the time when Seungyeon barged into Sunggyu's hongdae apartment and slapped him like nobody's business. "How did you two happened?" Woori asked.

Myungsoo shook his head again before putting down his chocolate macchiato. "I don't want to talk about Seungyeon with you. Let's talk about you instead. I heard about that incident, how are you doing since then?" He asked. Woori raised up her hand, pointing at the engagement ring with a small smile. "With Sunggyu sunbaenim?" Woori nodded. "Congratulations! Though I have always hated you two being together in the past, but since you've found happiness, I'm happy for you too." Myungsoo smiled.

Woori looked at him weirdly. Something about him was very off and it was bothering her. "You've changed..." her mumble came soft but the latter was able to hear it. "Of course. After what i've experienced, I should change. Shouldn't I?" That smile changed into a smirk and it made Woori feel even more uneasy. "What do you...mean?" She asked. "What do you think I meant? That heartbreaking experience when I lost you to Sunggyu sunbaenim over a contract." He scoffed, clenching his fist in anger as he could clearly remember that painful period.

"Ya...you're happy now aren't you? Why are you bringing up the past?" She felt guilty, but shouldn't Myungsoo be over that by now? It has been 5 years and as far as she knows, Myungsoo isn't THAT petty. "Nobody said I was happy..." he muttered under his breath before standing up. "Well, look at the time. I have to get back to my office...it was really nice seeing you again Woori." Myungsoo forced out a smile as he handed her his contact card which included the address of his office.

"Come by my office anytime." Woori smiled as she looked at the card. "There wasn't anything wrong after all. I was just over thinking." she made a mental note as she took the card from him. "Uhh..." Myungsoo began nervously as he rubbed his hands together. "Can I have a hug for old time's sake?" he continued.

"Of course. Welcome back, my bestfriend." Woori leaned in and wrapped her arms around his back before patting him behind, satisfied that she got to reunite with the person she misses most.

 


 

Woori heaved a sigh as she walked into the building since it was time for dinner now. "Good evening Miss Woori." one of the staff greeted her. "Ah yes...good evening to you too." Woori bowed before heading up to the highest level. When the elevator opened, the secretary immediately recognized her and stood up. "Sunggyu sajangnim is currently in a meeting, it will end in 10 minutes. Do you want some coffee as you wait?" the secretary offered but Woori kindly declined as she sat down on the chair.

"It's alright, it's only 10 minutes." she flashed a polite smile before taking out her phone, going on multiple SNS as she wait. Woori searched up Han Seungyeon and the first thing she saw was 'Model Han Seungyeon's photographer boyfriend, L, caught cheating?' the girl let out a scoff as she was so tempted to thrash everything around her, but she resisted, since this was Sunggyu's company after all. Woori continued on as she read the negative comments of the netizens, critisizing Myungsoo but one particular comment caught her eye.

'I bet the girl he is cheating with is ugly as HAHAHA keke.' Woori slammed her palm on the table before letting out a screech. "EXCUSE ME?!" how dare that netizen critisize her like that. The secretary raised an eyebrow as she stood up. "Y-yes?" she stuttered. Woori's eyes narrowed towards the secretary as she brought out a casual smile, trying to keep her cool. "No it's nothing really. Continue your work." she said. "Ye." the latter bowed before sitting back down again.

After a few minutes, Sunggyu finally came out of the meeting room and saw his fiance. He heard some weird news today about this L photographer cheating on his girlfriend and Sunggyu managed to identify Woori's pixelated face in the article. "Woori." Sunggyu hollered, catching her attention.

 

"Woori, what's all this about some photographer guy cheating on his girlfriend with you?" Sunggyu asked as soon as the couple left the building. His girlfriend sighed before entering the car. "Come in. I'll explain more in the car." Woori said bluntly. Sunggyu quickly got in the car and started the engine. "Alright, explain—" Woori pulled him by his collar and placed a kiss on his chapped lips, surprising him completely before pulling away. "First of all, I love you, and only you." she stated. "Okayy..." Sunggyu mumbled, a little dazed from the sudden kiss Woori gave him.

"Secondly, that L photographer guy is Kim Myungsoo. Yes the bestfriend that i've been missing. And it so happens that I was in the cafe when he came in with a huge amount of reporters and I got curious and his voice sounded really familiar so I wanted to catch a glimpse of him so I attempted to leave the cafe but I got pushed around by the reporters and ended up in front of Myungsoo and you know, we shared a sentimental gaze and he was like 'That girl is my friend...the best friend which I enjoyed coming to this cafe with, please don't push her away, I haven't seen her in years and I really miss her' and THAT was how those ty reporters came up with such a stupid, stupid inference. That's all." and with that, she took a deep breath and exhaled.

Sunggyu blinked at her before a smile subconsciously crept up onto his lips. His girlfriend is just too adorable to resist. "W-why are you smiling? Have you totally lost your senses?" Woori asked, panicking. Sunggyu held her hand as he smiled at her warmly. "Nope. It's just that you're too cute, I can't help but smile." he said, caressing her palm with his thumb. "I was being really serious though..." Woori mumbled. Sunggyu cupped her cheeks with his hands before giving her the same kiss she did to him earlier on. "I know that you're being serious. Hmm let's see, what shall we eat for dinner?" the man pinched her cheeks. "Soondae!" Woori brofisted the air. "Lets go!" Sunggyu did the same action before finally driving off from the carpark.

 


 

I am practically writing relationship goals! <3 love the SungWoo couple omg i'm fangirling over my own OTP xD And Myungsoo is just weird. I usually imagine the scene in a drama way before writing it down, and it so happens that in my drama mind, Myungsoo was acting a little strange so I wrote his actions in a strange way xD do comment, subscribe and upvote to my story! It would be very appreciated <3  [ COMMENTS ARE TOTALLY MY CRACK ^^ ]

-Mi Eun