thirteen

You're Cold, Milady

" I cross my heart and I hope you die " —;


 

Woori barged through the door so hard that the lock cracked. "WHAT THE DID YOU SAY?!" she yelled before pulling Sunggyu by the collar. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Woori screamed; louder this time, hurling a punch across Sunggyu's face as well. She turned and saw the 2 voting boxes, her voting box obviously has the most votes. "You ruined everything..." Woori pointed but before she could say anything else, Sunggyu smacked her across the face using the back of his hand; hard.

"KIM SUNGGYU!" Hoya yelled, totally astonished that his friend would actually lay his hands on a girl. "BOTH OF YOU GET OUT!" Sunggyu yelled at Hoya and Dongwoo. "Before I call security, get the out." Sunggyu pointed towards the door. Hoya and Dongwoo had no choice but to leave the room, only praying that Sunggyu wouldn't hit Woori again.

"How dare you..." Woori held her cheeks, taken aback by how a guy would actually use his hands on her. With the anger all accumulated in her, she launched a punch straight into Sunggyu's face, hitting his perfectly sculptured nose. He immediately fell backwards onto the ground, holding his nose in agony. "So, ruining my dream isn't enough? You hit me too?" Woori chuckled pathetically as she crouched down beside Sunggyu before using all her strength, raising her hand to bash his head against the ground.

Fortunately, Sunggyu dodged that, oh how painful would it be if he didn't dodge it. "I have never seen any pathetic lowlife human like you, I can even swear on that. You can destroy me, crush my dream, but you actually hit me? A girl?" Woori laughed in anger. Sunggyu stood up and in a flash, he pinned Woori's hands on the wall and clamped her legs to the wall with his.

"You are no girl to me, Nam Woori. And did you forget? This was a challenge after all right? You said i could crush your dream, you said that you would rise up again, so rise the up." Sunggyu glared into her eyes as he spoke monotonously. Woori eyed the blood that was travelling to his lips from his nostrils, oh what a great punch in the nose. "For me to rise up, I guess I gotta destroy you, so you wouldn't crush me again." Woori smirked before hitting his head with hers with the remaining energy she had left.

Woori charged towards him again, probably going to punch him in the god-like face, again, but before she could do that, Myungsoo wrapped his two arms around her and held her back while Sungyeol went to Sunggyu to check on him and probably hold him back too if he's gonna attack Woori. "Woori calm down!" Myungsoo managed as Woori tried to struggle out of his grip.

 


 

"Woori, say something..." Myungsoo sighed as the two walked back home, Wooin had to go to the Woollim Building for vocal training, so he couldn't really comfort his sister. "Woori." Myungsoo said as he held her face, noticing a light bruise on her right cheek. "Sunggyu hit you?" he asked, but Woori was just so upset that she couldn't really talk, not to mention she was hella tired too, since she spent this whole day with the energy of only two redbull drinks.

The light bruise on her face was probably the impact of Sunggyu's knuckle when he smacked her. How atrocious. How can a guy hit a girl? No matter how much of a bastard Sunggyu is, Woori would've never thought he would lay his hands on her, she thought that he would at least have the decency to keep his hands to himself. Her mind went blank after much frustration and she passed out due to fatigue.

"Woori ah!" Myungsoo panicked. He immediately kneeled beside her and check for a pulse. He was about to call for the ambulance when he heard a soft snore from the latter, making him chuckle as he put his phone down. "Aigoo, my cute Woori, there would always be a second chance okay? And don't worry, karma will get back at him." Myungsoo smiled as he carried Woori on his back and walked back home.

 


 

"So, you got beaten up by a girl?" Sungyeol raised an eyebrow as he applied some ointment on Sunggyu's bruises. He sure had alot of bruises, compared to Woori. "She punched me across the face so I smacked her and then she punched me in the nose and tada." Sunggyu explained boringly. "You what?!" Sungyeol screeched, subconsciously adding pressure onto his bruise. "Ouch ouch!" Sunggyu hissed as he pushed Sungyeol's hand away.

"You smacked Woori?!" Sungyeol gasped. "Can you just continue putting ointments on my bruise? I can't go to school with a face like this." Sunggyu snapped. "How could you bro? I mean hit a girl? That's a wussy move you made there. I hope you rot in hell bastard." Sungyeol glared as he pressed onto Sunggyu's face for the last time before leaving the convenience store.

Sunggyu sighed, mentally scolding himself. After all, hitting a girl IS too much. He grabbed the ointments before heading towards the country, wanting to pay but then a little girl blocked his way. "Umma get me one lollipop too! Quick one ahjussi is waiting!" the little girl jumped in anxiousness. "Yes i'm coming!" Sunggyu immediately turned away when he saw the familiar face. " Jaemi, don't notice me please." he mentally begged, not wanting anyone from school to see their school's president in this condition.

"Let's go Seyeon ah!" Jaemi smiled before she held her daughter's hand, exiting the convenience store. Sunggyu sighed in relief but also furrowed his eyebrows at the same time. "Umma? Isn't Seyeon Jaemi's baby sister? Did I hear wrongly?" he mumbled.

 

"Seungyeon ah! Come here." Sunggyu smiled as he hollered. "Yes oppa?" Seungyeon blinked, totally clueless. "You've got some cream on your lips." he pointed. "Where?" Seungyeon wiped the other side, totally missing the spot. "Such a klutz." he laughed before taking his thumb to wipe the cream off the corner of her lips. "Oh...thank you oppa." Seungyeon blushed as she continued eating her cake.

"Seungyeon ah...you'll always be here for me...right?" Sunggyu asked, stopping in track. "Of course, why are you even asking. I've got your back, you've got mine. Isn't that what we already promised each other?" Seungyeon smiled as she skipped away happily. "You have no idea how hard I have fallen for you..." Sunggyu mumbled.

 

Sunggyu stood kneeling onto the ground, he wanted to cry, but no tears would come out. After all, he did cry for 6 hours non-stop, he probably already drained all his tears. He leaned against the wall for support. "So many people came, but where was appa? Busy ing another woman I guess." he chuckled pathetically chuckled, feeling that he has gone insane.

"Umma, where are you? I'm so tired of being sad...I wish I can hug you one last time..." Sunggyu said as he looked at his mother's picture and then there it was, fresh hot tears rolled down his cheeks. Everybody left. It was okay if his dad didn't come, but where was Seungyeon? After another 3 hours, Sunggyu finally took his cellphone and called Seungyeon.

"The number that you have dialled is not available, please, try again later."

Sunggyu hailed for a taxi and went to Seungyeon's apartment, not caring if he's still in his funeral suit. When he arrived, he saw the door open and he saw furnitures being moved in and a old lady was standing outside the apartment. "E-excuse me..." his voice was hoarse from all that crying. "But where is Han Seungyeon...?" he asked. "Ah, you mean the previous girl? I heard from the landlady that she moved to America." He froze. Seungyeon did what?

It was only just yesterday when he called her, telling her that his mother was in a critical condition, she promised that she would visit her and be with him after she finished her assignment and now what...? She moved to America? Without saying a single word? Especially when he had no one except her.

 


 

After 1 day, Woori decided that she has to go to school. Not because of studies, but because she missed the dance studio so much that it made her more upset than she already is. "Woori, are you really ready to go to school?" Myungsoo asked. "Would you ing stop asking me that question?" Woori snapped in frustration. Ever since the competition, Woori was being unusually cold to Myungsoo. As  though nothing ever happened between them and as though she hated him.

He grabbed her arm, making her glare at him. "I know you're upset but you're being too much here Nam Woori. Am I your boyfriend or am I still your bestfriend? Oh wait no, am I even your bestfriend? Even then you wouldn't be this way. Yes, I know you're upset, but you can't treat me like this Woori." Myungsoo said, staring hardly at her.

Woori pushed his hand off, tip-toed and gave him a full kiss on the lips. "Now stop asking me if I still love you. I do, and i'm just depressed right now. I hope you'll understand, Myungsoo." she sighed before grabbing her school bag and left the house. "H-hey! Wait up!" Myungsoo yelled, astonished by her sudden action.

 

"Yoomi what are you doing?" Jaemi heaved a loud sigh. "Actually, what are you all doing? All of you are off tempo and the competition is just 2 days away. I was gone for only 1 day, did you guys even practice at home?" she scolded. Jaemi looked at her watch, noticing how time past too quickly. Curriculum hours were officially over. "Please, I beg of you guys, practice at home alright? Dismiss." Jaemi sat down on the chair and held her head in frustration.

"Uh, may I ask where is the photography studio?" a voice came. "Aish can't you ask someone els—" she paused when she saw the familiar face. She widened her eyes and immediately stood up to walk away. "Miss  Jaemi ssi?" he stood in front of her. "Uh, i'm not Jaemi, I don't know who is Jaemi." she stammered, avoiding his eye contact. "But your name tag says so though." he pointed. "." Jaemi mentally screamed as she looked at his name tag, Lee Sungyeol.

Jaemi walked away, trying to escape out of his curious gaze. "Why am I so careless...what if he tells everyone?!" Jaemi made a mental note. She is in a bigger dilemma than before. "How's your baby sister?" Sungyeol asked. "B-baby sister?" Jaemi stuttered as she turned to meet his eyes. "Yeah. Seyeon. She probably preferred to call you as umma since you've been taking care of her more than her actual mother does  right? I had the same problem, my sister used to call me appa in public and I received judgemental stares all over." he laughed before he walked towards Jaemi.

"Don't worry, I understand." Sungyeol smiled and patted on her shoulder before walking away. "Wait...Sungyeol ssi..." Jaemi said, finally speaking. "Yes?" he asked. "Just forget everything you heard and saw the other day. Seyeon is my sister." Jaemi said nervously. "Of course." he half smiled again before walking off.

When he did, Jaemi patted her chest from the mini heart attack she just had. "That was a relief..." she sighed but a voice interrupted her thoughts. "Uh, you haven't told me where the photography studio is." Sungyeol popped out of no where, startling her. "Oh gosh...um...5th floor, last room on your right." Jaemi panted from the sudden scare. "Okay thanks!" and with that, Sungyeol was gone. "I have got to be careful around him...Yoon Jaemi, wake the up."

 

Woori glared at the man who was standing next to the school's pool, talking to his classmate. His face looked constipated, probably from the bruises that she gave him. He did well on concealing those bruises, but it still looked obvious. Like a sly fox, she hid behind the glass and watched as his classmate left. This was her chance.

"Hey Sunggyu, your face looks great." Woori smiled. Sunggyu looked around first before using his right hand to grab her neck. ", prepare to have the most miserable school life ever, because I'm going to do whatever it takes to crush you." he whispered dangerously into his ear. Woori couldn't breathe, but that didn't stop her from kicking him in the stomach, causing him to fall backwards, into the pool.

The problem is, Sunggyu can't swim. And Woori knew fair well about that. "I hope you die, bastard." Woori spat before she left, leaving the struggling boy behind.

Sunggyu tried to hold his breath as long as he can while he tried to push himself up but the more he tried, the more he sank. "Help me..." he mentally begged. At that time, he cursed at himself for being so cold and cruel to the people around him. He always thought that he'd do totally fine on his own, but not now.

He let out the last breath which he has been holding for so long before he felt the water entering his lungs. He closed his eyes as he felt the hard surface of the pool's floor. "Help me..."

 


 

The fighting scene was fun to write, even though it wasn't an actual fighting scene, but yeah. Most of you probably wondered why the OCs in my story are tough(strong) and boyish girls instead of feminine ones, it's because i'm like that too xD i'm really tough and tomboyish, so I wouldn't really know how to elaborate a helpless feminine OC well so yeap! Oh and for those of you who are still questioning on when the arranged marriage tag is going to come out, it is coming very soon, and very soon as in the next chapter. Maybe(?) hahahaha. Do leave comments too please!

-Mi Eun