eighteen

You're Cold, Milady

" Knight In Shining Armor " —;


 

Sunggyu pulled her to the balcony where they were out of the media's sight. "Why do you keep doing this Sunggyu? Is ruining me actually not enough?" Woori asked, feeling so hopeless right now. "Myungsoo hit me yesterday, so I know I can't fight with him physically, but I can fight with him mentally and emotionally." Sunggyu laughed. "He'll go crazy I swear. Besides, your my fiancee, I can't do anything to you right now, but I can use this to do something to Kim Myungsoo. Am I right?" he smirked.

"When are you going to stop this? Until I die? Is that it?" her voice sounded strained and hoarse, it felt like she was begging. "Probably so. Well I don't know. You brought this on to yourself, Nam Woori. I was actually quite okay with you before, not until you started hitting me like a ing lunatic, and then you pushed me in the pool, knowing I can't swim. Of course I would do anything in my power to crush you. I would be an idiot if I didn't." Sunggyu chuckled.

"Just stop it. Please." Woori pleaded. "It wouldn't be any fun if I did. Right? Oh and dear, you look so beautiful today." Sunggyu said as he caressed her cheek. Enough is enough. Woori slapped his hand away and straightened her dress. "Fine. Then lets see who is the one that loses out in the end. Don't say I didn't warn you, Kim Sunggyu." she glared before walking away. "Wow, is this another challenge? Foolish girl."

 

Right when Woori came back into the hall, she was greeted by a flash. "You look very beautiful, madame." the guy behind the camera said. "Myungsoo." she reached out to him but he took a step back. "Why did you come?" Myungsoo asked, his tone as cold as ice. Woori didn't really know how to explain it to him, of course, she couldn't tell him that she came on her own will because she was just tired of so called 'rebelling' against her stupid parents.

"You said you weren't going to marry him. You said you were going to break off the engagement. So why.did.you.come." he asked once more. Hearing no response, Myungsoo didn't care if he was in front of the media, or in a public event. He took out the bright blue camera from his pocket before he threw it onto the floor so hard that bits and pieces of the camera flew out. "Myungsoo." Woori stammered as she stared at the broken camera. It was his cam— no. It was their camera.

"Is 'Myungsoo' the only word you know now Nam Woori?" the latter asked, not giving a about the stares he earned from everyone. "From this day onwards, there is no Myungsoo and Woori, there is no bestfriends for life, there is no nothing. We are strangers, we never met, we never talked, we never loved. Got it?" Myungsoo was immature and he knew it, he felt so suffocated so he had no other choice. Everybody could hear how his voice trembled when he said that but he didn't care anymore— wrong. He wished he didn't care anymore.

"What the is that bastard doing." Sunggyu mumbled as he eyed Myungsoo from afar. "Hey Sunggyu, isn't that your fiancee? What is she doing with the photographer?" a man asked. "Oh it's nothing much. The photographer probably did a poor job on trying to take a picture of her. She's very sensitive on how the public eye views her." as pathetic as that sounds, that was the best excuse Sunggyu could think off. He had to walk away to prevent them from asking anymore questions.

Myungsoo turned to leave but once he turned, he came face to face with Sunggyu. He knew that Sunggyu could see the tears in his eyes that he prevented from falling, but he didn't care anyways. Myungsoo pushed Sunggyu out of the way and stormed off. Woori was about to chase him but Sunggyu secretly gripped onto her wrist tightly. "Don't forget that the media is watching us." he whispered. "I don't care about the ing media." Woori hissed.

"Do you want me to make things even more difficult than it already is? If you don't want that to happen, stay ing put." Sunggyu threatened. Woori sighed as she stepped back before forcing a smile to the public. "It's okay everyone, i'm okay, nothing much happened." Woori said, finding that her cheeks hurt so much even if she's faking her smile just for a little while. "That's a good girl." Sunggyu smirked. Woori clenched her fist, if they were in a private place, she would've thrown a punch across his face again.

Woori is definitely going to find a way out of this hole. Being Sunggyu's puppet is the last thing she would— no. She will never. Over her dead ing body.

 

The only reason why Woori didn't protest when she was brought to Sunggyu's house was because she needed to use the restroom, if not for that, she would have never allowed Sunggyu to bring her home. Right after, she wanted to leave the house immediately, but she discovered this door that was carved really uniquely. It was different than all the other doors. "Taking a peek won't hurt..." she thought before she turned the door knob and entered the room.

The first thing she saw was a black acoustic guitar followed by a huge computer monitor. There was also a NELL poster on the wall...just who's room is this?! From what she know, there wasn't any optimistic-bright person in the Kim family. She walked towards the desk and saw a picture frame. "Is that...Sunggyu?" she mumbled. It was Sunggyu that looked 5 years younger, smiling brighter than a diamond, posing a peace sign next to a woman.

"Does Sunggyu have a mother though? I've never heard him mention his mother, neither have I seen her before." she mumbled mentally as she continued to examinine the picture, not noticing that someone has walked into the room. "What are you doing?!" a hiss was heard before the picture frame got snatched away. "Why are you looking at people's stuff?!" Sunggyu yelled.

"I'm sorry." those words just slipped out of unintentionally. She mentally smacked herself for actually apologizing. If there's a need to apologize, Sunggyu should be the one apologizing first because he's the cause for all this trouble and misery. Even Sunggyu was appalled by the sudden apology. Sunggyu placed the photo frame right back to it's place before staring at his NELL poster.

"I look up to NELL, I do music, I like to...well...design my room. Surprising?" he asked. Why was Sunggyu even speaking to her like that? But oh well, he is going to marry her anyways. "Very. I thought you were a low life loser who only liked to crush people." and there the sarcasm comes. "How do you even have Sungjong, Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungyeol when you barely smile?!" the frustration was evident on her face.

"Are you in stupid? You think humans are born like this? Well surprise, surprise. I was once happy, I once loved, I once smiled, not until—" he paused. No way is he going to reveal his weakness to his enemy. "You were the same with Myungsoo." Sunggyu spoke. Woori blinked a few times, unable to digest the words that he just told her. It was honestly hard to imagine Sunggyu being happy.

 

"Nam Woori, you are basically asking to get ." Sunggyu said as he placed a hand on the hood of his car. "Well didn't you hire men to me already?" Woori spat as she rejected his offer to take her home again. She was wearing a sleeveless tube dress and it was cold, dark and late. "Only I can you and kill you okay. No one else can." and with that, Woori slapped him across the face. "Who the do you think you are?" she said, totally offended by what he just said.

"Have you had enough? It's only 3 weeks since our engagement and i'm so ing sick of you already. You hurt Myungsoo and then you hurt me, you think you own me, like..." Woori found it so pathetic that she couldn't really express the level of patheticness. "You sabotaged the one and only opportunity to my dream career and you hit me, hired men to me, what more do you want?! Why don't you just kill me now?" she practically shoved her body onto his, not realizing that this looked really wrong.

"Just break my neck. It's easy, just twist it and i'm gone. DO IT!" she screamed, tilting her head up, offering him her neck. Woori was honestly losing her sanity. Sunggyu covered and dragged her back inside his house. "What the are you doing." she tried so hard to yank herself away from the bastard but apparently, he was too strong and she was feeling specially weak tonight.

"So you want me to kill you huh." Sunggyu smirked before he slammed her against the wall, she almost passed out but she endured the pain and fatigue. "But darling, I can't do that because what's the fun of doing that?" he pinned both of Woori's hand on top before using his other free hand to trace her jawline. "You look so delicious right now..." he laughed. It wasn't more of a gleeful laugh or a chuckle, but it was the losing-his-mind laugh.

Woori wanted to give him a headbutt like before, but now she really had no strength anymore, it was as if all the energy from her is all drained out. Woori stared back into him, looking at his features in process. His straight sharp nose, no less than an inch away from her own and his eyes but before she could process anything into her mind, Sunggyu shoved his own lips onto hers, specially nibbling her lower lip, begging her for an entrance.

But of course, Woori wouldn't let that happen. She jerked up her knee in a sudden manner and the next thing he knew, he was crouching down in agony; pain. Woori was also measuring this whilst he stared blanklessly at her face; how high does she need to raise her knee in order to hit right at his private part. "You ..." he gasped. "Do that again and i'll make sure you never reproduce." the latter hissed before she stormed out of the room.

 


 

The whole school was in an uproar because of some news. Both Woori and Sunggyu thought it was about their engagement, but they were dead wrong. "Are you okay with the people that are going to crowd around you though?" Jaemi asked, looking at the school gates. "I'm gonna be fine. Let's go in." Woori reassured. Little did they know, the attention wasn't on Woori, but it was on Jaemi instead. "Why is everybody looking at me?" Jaemi whispered.

"Oh look! The teenage mother!" someone shouted and that froze Jaemi. It shot through her heart real bad. "What?" Woori mumbled. "So, why did the father ran away? Because you were such a ?" and with that, the students in the hallway burst into laughter.

"How can you have a child at this age?"

"You're 18 for goodness sake!"

"What a disgrace to the school..."

"Hey ! Wanna go on bed with me?"

Jaemi felt extremely scared, she didn't know what to do, everybody was looking at her so...scarily. The tears welled up in her eyes as the students in the hallway continued to throw judgemental remarks at her, causing her to crouch down and cover her eyes, trying to block out everything. "Shut up! Shut the up!" Woori yelled at them. "And you! Why are you staying with Jaemi? Because you were a disgrace to your celebrity parents?" Woori was dumbfounded.

"Oh so now you two disgraceful people are bestfriends? What a match!" The laughter continued, the hurtful comments continued, Woori wanted to protect Jaemi, but she couldn't even protect herself.

"Everybody shut the up." it was a guy's voice. Woori looked at the persom whom the voice belongs to. He was crouching down and putting his arms around Jaemi, trying to comfort her whilst trying to protect her at the same time. "I have the school's president by my back, do you guys really want to get a ed up miserable school life?" it was Lee Sungyeol.

It was silent now. "So what if she's a teenage mother? Don't people make mistakes?" he asked. "There are worst. I believe that one of you in this crowd had experience having a child, but you abandoned it right?" Sungyeol chuckled. "Well Jaemi is the greatest teenage mother i've ever met. She takes responsibilities of her own child and does well in her studies too. Isn't that a good thing?"

"Why are you protecting her?" Yoomi stood out. "I'm not protecting her, i'm just supporting her because she's my friend. Even though she made a really ugly mistake, she took responsibilities of the aftermath." he explained. "She's a ." Yoomi continued, pointing out ever so directly. "Well then, she's not the only teenage mother here, I have a list of names, I know who are the people that abandoned their own baby, do you want me to say it?" Sungyeol glared at her.

Yoomi gulped as she backed away, knowing that she is one of the culprits herself. Sungyeol looked back at Jaemi, finally noticing that she had stopped crying and was staring at him in extreme gratitude and awe. Even Woori was surprised by this.

Strange.

Seems like Lee Sungyeol is Jaemi's knight in shining armor.

 


 

Sorry for the lack of updates! It's because I started to work now, so I don't really have much time to write my stories ): working 12 hours a day , but luckily I got 2 days off hahaha. Anticipate on the next chapter please!

-Mi Eun