two

You're Cold, Milady

" Obnoxious " —;


 

As usual, Woori would always be found in the dance studio. Now you might have asked, don't other people use the dance studio as well? There are timings and Woori would always book as many time slots as possible, not minding if other girls were to cuss at her. If she can't dance at her school's dance studio, then she'll go to her parents' agency's dance studio.

There was a knock on the door but Woori ignored it as she continued dancing, wanting to polish every single bit of imperfection in this piece of art. "Nam Woori ssi." she heard someone say outside, but chose to turn upon a deaf ear. The knocking became louder and louder and she finally stopped. The door opened.

"Nam Woori ssi." the teacher said. "What." Woori replied coldly, scaring the teacher a little. And yes, she's cold to even teachers. "Um, I just found out that for the dance competition, you need to approach Kim Sunggyu to register and not me. It was requested by his father that every participant from this school will go to him for approval and registration." the teacher explained.

"Why Kim Sunggyu?" Woori asked. "Sunggyu's father is the one that sponsored the competition and the prizes. I got you a registration form, fill it in and then pass it to Sunggyu, personally please." the teacher continued. Woori let a soft sigh in frustration before she snatched the form out of the teacher's hand and left the dance studio.

Woori trudged her way to the 6th level since Sunggyu's class is the top class of the school and everybody knows it. His classmates are sure as smart and rich as he is. She didn't know why, but she sees Sunggyu as a mere student. Not the school president, not the arrogant and obnoxious chaebol which everyone regards him as. Woori only sees him as a plain, normal student.

She knocked on the door and Sunggyu lifted his head up, wanting to see the person that interrupted his sorting of registration forms. "What do you want?" he asked before he continued sorting the forms. "I'm here to register for the dance competition." Woori said emotionlessly before she went over to Sunggyu and sat in front of him. She casually took a pen from his pencil case, making him look at her, wondering what kind of daring person would ever do that.

"Are you perhaps...new?" he asked. "No." she answered, not even looking at his face. "Look at me when i'm talking." he lifted her chin only to receive glaring eyes, but he recognized her face. Sunggyu looked down and saw that she was wearing tights, he recognized that too. Woori daringly slapped his hand away and continued filling the registration form. Sunggyu looked at her particulars as she was writing.

Nam Woori.

Sunggyu smirked. "You are kind of daring, aren't you? Since you clearly know who I am." Woori looked at him before she clicked the pen and pushed the form towards him. "I'm not accepting this form." he said. If he wasn't the school president she would've already punched him in the damn face for being so cocky. "You are." she pushed the form closer to him. His only reply was a stare.

"Sunbae, you're cold. Cold like me." Woori said. Sunggyu looked at her in amusement. "You are one interesting lass. Nobody has been this daring before, nobody has ever spoken to me like that before, aren't you afraid? Afraid that I might crush your dream? I believe you clearly know the prizes of this competition and usually, participants would want a dancing career by joining this competition." he said, holding her registration form in hand.

"I'm not afraid. Crush my dream. Crush my future. What makes you think that you, are the one that's the boost to my dream, huh?" she jabbed her two fingers into Sunggyu's shoulder. "Aren't you being a little too cocky? Always assuming that you can bring down or bring up people's life. Well listen here you obnoxious bastard, crush me all you want, but i'll find a way to rise back up again." Woori smirked.

Sunggyu nodded before he shot her a glare. "Those are nice words. Fine, i'll accept your registration form. I'll take up the challenge as well, I would like to see how you, rise back up again." Sunggyu stood up. "Who said this was a challenge—" Sunggyu leaned in to her ear and smirked. "Whoever talks to me like that, is challenging me. Watch what I can do, Nam Woori." he whispered.

 


 

She closed her eyes as the classic music filled her ears, but then suddenly, it felt like a jewelry with a defect. Wrong tune. "Stop." she opened her eyes and pointed to one of the violinist. "You're out of tune." she said. She walked towards the violinist and harshly placed her finger on the right string. "You even played the wrong note! Did you even practice at home?!" she yelled.

"J-jaemi sunbaenim..." another violinist raised her hand. "What is it?" Jaemi asked. "Can we please go for a break? I'm...starving.." the violinist said. "No. I want a perfect piece, please focus on your music sheet! It isn't there for nothing! Make sure you press on the correct chord and then, I will let you guys off for a break." Jaemi said before she sat on the chair.

The rest of the violinist began to stare at the person behind her. "What are you guys waiting for? Start!" she yelled in frustration. "Jaemi ssi." a voice came from behind and she immediately stood up and turned around. "Oh my, Sunggyu sunbaenim, annyeonghaseyo." she bowed a 90 degree bow. "Is everything alright?" Sunggyu asked in monotone. "Yes yes, everything's fine." Jaemi assured.

Jaemi remembered the time when she became the president of the violin club. Only presidents get to have a proper conversation with Sunggyu since he's a very cold and arrogant person but she has been dreaming to talk to him since she has the biggest crush on him despite his boldness and she was so happy that she could admire his looks closer. His perfectly small shaped eyes, straight nose and those soft looking lips—

"Then I will get going." Sunggyu interrupted her thoughts and nodded before walking away. "Ah, ye." she muttered before she sat back down on the chair. Her eyes fixated on him as he continued to walk further and further and when he finally got out of sight, she turned back to the violinists. "What are you guys doing? Since he's gone, start!"

 

"Good afternoon Kim Myungsoo ssi." Jaemi nodded as she entered the photography studio. "Ah Jaemi, don't need to be formal, i'm the same age as you." Myungsoo smiled. "It's okay, I feel natural like this." she assured. "You're here for the photoshoot for the poster to recruit new members right?" Myungsoo asked. "Ah yes." she nodded. "Alright, just sit here while I go prepare the lightings." he said and left.

As Jaemi was waiting, she pulled out her violin from the bag and began playing a sweet soft tune, echoing the photography studio. She actually composed this piece just for Sunggyu, hoping that he will hear it one day. She doesn't really mind if he doesn't like it or not, she just wants him to know that she's dedicating this piece to him.

Jaemi closed her eyes as she switched to the next chord and then to the next and soon, it was finished. Myungsoo came back and clapped as he heard her piece outside. "Wah, that was a nice piece Jaemi, did you compose it yourself? I don't think i've seen it in the sheet list before." he smiled. "Yes, I composed this myself and thank you." Jaemi bowed. "Ah, the lightings are ready, follow me."

"Alright put the violin against your chin and smile into the camera..." Myungsoo said before he snapped a picture. She was doing quite well despite the very less modeling experience she has. It was only 10 minutes and she was just left with one more pose. "Jaemi, play the violin and close your eyes, feel your violin as if there was a burning passion in your heart." he said.

Myungsoo placed the camera against his eye and captured a picture but looked at it and furrowed his eyebrows. No matter what, it definitely did not look passionate enough. "Jaemi, let's do it again with more passion, okay?" he said and heard a tune as Jaemi played. He snapped another picture and again, it wasn't good enough. He sighed, thinking of a solution.

"Jaemi, play the song you played just now." Myungsoo said. Jaemi nodded as she started to play the heartfelt piece that was dedicated to her all time crush. She closed her eyes naturally and begin to feel her violin with the bottom of her heart. Myungsoo then took that opportunity to snap a picture of her and finally, it was perfect. "Alright, we're done!" he cheered.

"Really?" Jaemi stopped playing. "That was really fast. Thank you." she bowed towards Myungsoo. "Eyy, don't thank me. You were perfect at modeling! Are you sure you haven't done any other modelling besides this?" he smiled. "Aniyo, thank you for the hard work, i'll get going now." she smiled.

 


 

Woori reached home to see quite a few people in her living room and that is no other than "Woori!" the older woman ran to her niece and hugged her. "Hello aunt Haerin..." Woori whispered as she felt suffocated from the tight hug. "Yeobo! You're killing her!" the other man pulled Haerin away. "Hello uncle Jaesoo," Woori bowed. "How have you been?" the both of them asked. "Fine..." Woori mumbled as she sat at the dining table, looking at everyone.

"What's with the sudden mini gathering?" she asked. "Woori, would it be okay if you were to dance as a back up dancer for Infinite H? Think of it as an opportunity to experience your first step in your future dancing career and you will know how its like on stage. What do you think?" her father asked and smiled.

This was surprisingly good news to Woori. Have they finally noticed her and make some effort? "I t-think it's a great idea..." she stumbled upon her words when she realized that she had to be out of her cold zone. "That's great! Howon and Dongwoo are really nice people, so I guess there wouldn't be a problem working with them." Jaesoo smiled.

"Infinite H are your hoobaes right...?" Wooin asked. "Yes and as your uncle Jaesoo has stated, they are really nice and talented, so I guess it's also an honour to work with them." Taerin spoke up. The side of Woori's lips tudged up a little, bringing it into a genuine small smile.