seventeen

You're Cold, Milady

" I'm Sorry " —;


 

"Wha—" before Myungsoo could finish, Sunggyu already pushed his way into the apartment and approached Woori who was sitting on the bed. "Let's go." he said and grabbed her wrist, pulling her up. "What are you doing?" Woori hissed, yanking her hand away. "Let's be clean. Okay? Once we get married, I'll file a divorce straight away, so right now, let's just be clean okay? The whole school is going to know about the engagement, so don't get caught trying to cheat me off, it'll turn my reputation bad." Sunggyu explained.

"Let's be clean? You are saying that we should act like a real couple after all you've done to me—" "You attempted to kill me!" Sunggyu yelled. "But you hired men to me, honestly, which one is worst? So will you be able to sleep if I did get and discovering that i'm your fiancee a while later?" Woori scoffed. "What did you say?" Myungsoo asked, fully sobering up.

Myungsoo turned to look at Sunggyu. How dare he. "ing despicable bastard." Myungsoo cussed before throwing a punch across Sunggyu's face. "HOW DARE YOU HIRE MEN TO HER AND THEN STEAL HER AWAY FROM ME AFTERWARDS?!" he yelled, before kicking Sunggyu in the back. Sunggyu groaned in pain as he lied on the floor, he still hasn't fully recovered yet and his body was currently to weak to fight. "I'm going to ing kill you." Myungsoo said quietly before turning to search for something.

Woori widened her eyes as she knew what he was searching for. "Myungsoo, no, don't do it." Woori said but Myungsoo ignored her as he dug into his pile of clothes, finally finding what he was looking for. "ing jerk go rot in hell." Myungsoo growled before whacking Sunggyu with the pair of nunchucks in his hands. "! Stop it!" Sunggyu yelled as the pain soon became unbearable.

"It's painful right? Yeah, I did this to everyone who bullied Woori. You didn't expect this from me right? Because I was quiet and I chose to be like a dog under your knees right?" he laughed before whacking Sunggyu again, this time on the leg. "Well, motherer, Woori is everything to me, so if you touch her YOU GET THIS." Myungsoo screamed before hitting Sunggyu with the nunchucks non-stop. "MYUNGSOO!" Woori screamed as loud as she can and finally, he stopped.

Woori ran towards him and placed both palms on the two sides of his face. "Myungsoo look at me, i'm alright, aren't I? Yeah, he did hire men to me, but I didn't get right? You saved me. How, you may ask? You taught me how to fight and if you didn't, I would've got so Myungsoo, don't stoop this low, you can get charged for assault and you won't be able to see me again, so please, just stop it..." Woori pleaded, her eyes was watery and soon, Myungsoo's eyes were too as he dropped the nunchucks on the floor.

 


 

"Umma, appa, what should I do?!" Jaemi asked anxiously as she consistently checked Seyeon's temperature. "Don't be nervous Jaemi ah! Just bring her to the hospital! Run there if you have to, you can't call for the ambulance for this." Jaemi's mother said on the other end of the line. "D-do I have to bring anything?!" Jaemi stuttered in anxiety. "Just grab your phone, wallet AND GO. HAIL FOR A TAXI IF YOU CAN!" Jaemi immediately put down the phone as she picked Seyeon up in her arms before running out of the house.

"Taxi!" she hailed but the taxi just drove past her. She got more nervous as the clock continued ticking. "Seyeon, hang in there alright?" Jaemi said as she placed her hand on Seyeon's forehead. "Oh my gosh, it's so hot!" and with that, she got even more frustrated. Jaemi frantically hailed at the taxis but they just wouldn't stop. "God! Please!" she pleaded and right then, a car stopped, the window rolled down. It was Sungyeol.

"Yoon Jaemi? Where do you want to go? I'll give you a lift." Sungyeol asked. "...why must it be him?" Jaemi bit her lips, having a mental war with herself to get into the car or not. "It looks pretty urgent though..." he said. Jaemi cursed at herself for being such a bad mother and still hesitating at times like this. "Umma...I feel...like...dying..." Seyeon mumbled. Jaemi didn't care anymore, she just hopped into Sungyeol's car. "The hospital please, and be quick!" Jaemi rushed.

The ride was silent and Sungyeol felt like he had to say something. "Is Seyeon...sick?" he asked. "Yeah...she has a high fever." Jaemi said softly. "Ahh, no wonder you seemed like you were in a rush. But why were you hesitating to take my car?" Sungyeol asked, looking at the front mirror at the same time. Jaemi, of course, didn't answer that and Sungyeol didn't want to ask anymore.

They finally reached the hospital and Jaemi quickly got out of the car and ran into the emergency unit. Sungyeol got out of the car too and sighed. He knew he shouldn't be thinking about this at this timing, but, to be brutally honest, he was quite attracted to Jaemi when he first saw her. She was wearing a white wavy dress and her brown hair was down and then the wind blew, she looked so angelic then. You wouldn't know how happy Sungyeol was when he discovered that Jaemi is from the same school.

Seyeon was passed to the nurses and Jaemi went into the doctor's room for registration. Sungyeol wanted to walk into the doctor's room too but he decided to stop right outside the room when he heard Jaemi's voice.

"The child's name?"

"Jung Seyeon, 2 years old."

"And your relation with her?"

There was a 5 second pause and Sungyeol anticipated on the answer.

"She's my daughter."

It hit Sungyeol like a bullet but he didn't seemed so surprised afterwards. He had already suspected her to be a teenage mother when he first met her but he didn't know that Jaemi would acknowledge the bull he made up about the sister-calling-mother thing, so he just forgot about it and think Seyeon as Jaemi's baby sister. So he was right from the very beginning. Sungyeol was thinking too much that he didn't even noticed that the conversation ended and that Jaemi was walking out of the room.

Jaemi stoned when she saw Sungyeol. "H-how...long were you...h-here for..?" Jaemi asked; stammering. "I...I heard everything..." Sungyeol began. The two stared at each other, wondering what to say.

Jaemi didn't even knew why she got into Sungyeol's car again when they finished treating Seyeon, she didn't know she was that much of a thick-skin person. "I know what you're thinking—" "Just don't...tell anyone. I beg of you." Jaemi pleaded. "Is that actually what you're worrying right now? You're not worried how I think of you? Then if you're not worried on how people think of you, why keep this a secret?" Sungyeol asked. Jaemi didn't really know how to answer to that. After all, Sungyeol is right.

"I know you think that i'm a freak but—" "No I don't." Sungyeol interrupted, surprising her. "Who ever said that I think of you as a freak just cause your a teenage mother? You're not the only teenage mother in the whole world Jaemi. Besides, the one I think is a freak, is Seyeon's father. No offence though. But you know that i'm right, right?" he let out a sarcastic laugh. Jaemi knew that Sungyeol was right.

They arrived back at Jaemi's house and Woori was just outside the gate, almost entering the house. Sungyeol came out of the car and waved at Woori, making her widen her eyes as she saw Jaemi getting out of the car with Seyeon in her hands. "Woori! What brings you here at this hour?" Sungyeol. "I...I..." she turned to Jaemi, using her eyes to ask her why the hell is Sungyeol with her. Sungyeol turned to Jaemi. "Does she know?" he asked, earning a nod from the latter.

"Ah...I know the truth, don't be so shock Woori." Sungyeol said putting his hands up as if he surrendered. "And I won't tell anyone, so relax." he continued before he got back into the car. "See you next week guys!" he waved once more and drove off. "How...the hell?" Woori dropped her jaw in shock. "It's a long story, i'll explain to you once we get in the house. C'mon." Jaemi said.

 

Woori's jaw dropped. "Yeah...I should have been more careful, I know." Jaemi said softly. "AIsh, what a klutz." Woori sighed as she knocked on Jaemi's head. "By the way, how did you get so comfortable with me? As far as I know, we were once enemies and you were really introverted and cold, I'd never thought you'd open up this fast to me." Jaemi asked.

The latter just laid onto the bed and sighed. "Well, I told you everything, the reason why I refused to be friendlier was because I was afraid of getting betrayed, sabotaged, bullied. I used to be really carefree about friends, but betrayal after betrayal, I realized friendship is no joke." Woori said. "But then why—" "I was really tired of bottling up my feelings so I just wanted to pour everything out, I had no choice because I just felt as if i'm going to burst or die, so if you wanna betray me, just do it, i'm mentally prepared." Woori sighed, interrupting Jaemi.

"Stupid, if I were to betray you, why would I let you stay over? Plus it's not safe betraying you since you know one of my deepest secrets too." Jaemi chuckled. True. "Since I have told you about my day, tell me about yours, you didn't wait for me after school! Where did you go?" she asked. "I went to Myungsoo's apartment. After all, he was missing for 3 weeks, I got really worried." Woori said. Jaemi laid down beside her, anticipating on something deeper. "C'mon, tell me more."

And that night, Woori seemed to have found a new bestfriend, she didn't know how, but she did have doubts, she was scared for her life. It was the first time in 4 years that she actually made a new friend, so of course she was afraid of getting hurt again, but she wouldn't know if she didn't try.

 

"Woori, wake up, someone is looking for you..." Jaemi nudged groggily. "Hmm? Who is it...at 2 am?" Woori asked, refusing to open her eyes. "The butler said that it's your mother...Kim Taerin?" the latter replied. "My mother?" Woori immediately got up and left the room before walking towards the big gates of the house. "Woori ah, please come back home..." Taerin begged. "What are you doing here at 2 am? If you wanted to ask me to come back, you can come in the afternoon." Woori hissed annoyingly.

"No...if I were to come in the afternoon, I would get caught by the media, and also, I wanted to tell you that tomorrow you have to attend a banquet with Sunggyu as his fiancee, so please, come back home now so that I can prepare you." Taerin said. "Have you ever loved me?" Woori asked. "Of course I do. I'm doing this for your own good." Taerin replied.

"Oh? So you think this is good for me? You think this benefits me?" Woori let out a laugh. A crazy one. "You know what, Taerin?" Woori said. "Woori, do not speak like that to your mother." Taerin snapped. "Taerin, I will do everything you ask me to, i'll be your puppet and i'll do whatever it takes to bring good to you, in return, don't expect me to ever call you mother again. And don't worry, I don't need to come home, i'm living fine right here, and I probably can dress nicely on my own. Goodnight then, Taerin ssi." Woori glared before she turned away.

She tried so hard to keep a straight face, but that glare softened up before tears welled up in her eyes and soon enough, it fell. "How...how...on earth..." it passed right through her limit. Woori fell on the floor, completely breaking down.

 


 

"Woori...are you sure you want to go?" Jaemi asked again as she brushed the blusher against Woori's cheeks. "I think I was born to be my parent's puppet anyways, so if they gave birth to me with an intention like this, I might as well follow what they say right?" Woori replied the latter with a very emotionless tone. "And thanks for lending me the dress and helping me to put make up on..." she continued. Jaemi sighed as she wrapped up Woori's make up.

"Unni...where you going...?" a tiny voice came from behind. Woori smiled when she saw Seyeon's cute irresistible face. "I'm just going...for an event..." Woori replied the young one. "Seyeon is really fond of you I see." Jaemi laughed. "Of course. I saved her from that noisy birthday party you brought her to." she rolled her eyes causing Jaemi to let out an embarrassed smile.

Woori stood up and straightened her dress. "You look so pretty right now..." Jaemi awed. "Yeah...at the wrong timing. They say when you're in love, you'll be in your prettiest moments, I don't think I look pretty right now though..." Woori said softly. "It's alright. Stay strong Woori ah, I'll be there for you, and your brother is also by your side, so don't be afraid alrights? And since I know Sunggyu alot, the only way to irk him is to keep an emotionless expression and not reply him when he talks to you. Do that okay?" Jaemi gave an assuring smile as she patted on Woori's shoulder.

 

Woori pushed the door open. There was people in suits and dresses everywhere, and she did not like this one bit. She walked in, earning stares from people as they walked past here. Woori had no idea why was everyone staring at her, is there something on her face? "Oh gosh this lady looks so beautiful..." she heard a mumble from a man that walked past her. She didn't want to be beautiful, at least not right now.

She was at her ugliest part of her life and she's actually beautiful? Can you actually see the irony in this? "So you actually came?" a voice appeared. Woori knew that voice too well, she turned around and saw the man responsible for her misery.

Sunggyu smirked when he saw her glum expression. "Why the glum expression? Can't you smile a little? You're scaring the guests." Sunggyu hissed. "Oh Kim Sunggyu! How are you?" a man said as he walked towards the two. "How have you been? You're...19 years old right now right?" he continued. "Yes, how have you been Mr Jang? Is everything well with your business?" Sunggyu brought out the brightest smile that Woori has ever seen. Like where the ...will she actually ever see that again.

"And who is this...beautiful lady?" Mr Jang said. "Ah..." Sunggyu turned towards Woori as he pulled Woori close by the waist, startling her at the same time. "What are you doing..." Woori mumbled. "This beautiful lady here is my fiancee." Sunggyu said. No matter how much Woori hated him, her heart pounded heavily against her chest as his strong cologne scent filled her nose. "Wow you're so young, but I hope  you two have a blessed marriage." Mr Jang smiled before walking away.

"Why are you so late?" the manager hissed. "I'm sorry, I missed the bus." Myungsoo said as he panted. "Alright, just quickly go take pictures, but focus on the main couple of this event which is...um...I forgot their names, but they are right at the back, you see the lady with the turqoise dress? Yes, she and her fiance. Go." he instructed. Myungsoo bowed apologetically before he went to the back to take a picture of the main couple.

"Mister and Madam, please look here!" Myungsoo voiced out. He immediately snapped the picture once they turned their heads but he froze. Myungsoo slowly put down his camera, trying to interpret the reality that was in front of him. His heart pounded too fast that it actually hurt. Woori widened her eyes as she saw her beloved right in front of her. Her beloved which she was never meant to be with.

"M-myungsoo..." she mumbled, not knowing what to do, especially when he was staring at her so hard like that. "Ah, Myungsoo, you're late." Sunggyu looked at his watch. "Woori, I hired Myungsoo as a part-time photographer so that this event will be memorable. I hope for that, don't you?" Sunggyu pulled out the most sweetest smile he could ever give. "Let's go." and with that, Sunggyu pulled Woori away.

 

"I'm sorry Myungsoo...I truly am..."

 


 

Well I kept procrastinating on this chapter, so sorry if this chapter alot, please do comment and anticipate for the next chapter :3 bye.

-Mi Eun