one

You're Cold, Milady

 " Blood is thicker than water " —;


 

Pants and steps were heard in a particular room. "5,6,7,8." she lifted her leg high up in the air graciously as she tried to bring her image upon the mirror to perfection. But, she got the step wrong again. She closed her eyes and clenched her fist as she started to get pissed off with herself. She walked towards the CD player and stopped the music before she did some streching to calm her mind.

Twisting her body, she glared at herself in the mirror. "Why are you so stiff, Nam Woori?" she scolded as she twisted her body once more. Every single thing about Nam Woori was perfect, but to her, she was at the bottom pit of imperfection. Fiercely, she stretched more to the extend of actually hurting her own back, but she doesn't care anyways.

The door opened and Woori sighed when she saw who it was. "Woori, it's time to go home. Mom cooked dinner for us." Wooin, her older brother said as he grabbed her bag. She clenched her teeth in anger. Can't he see that she was trying to polish her dance? Especially since the dance is for a very important competition that could decide her dream, her future.

"Oppa, put the bag down." she ordered. Wooin furrowed his eyebrows at her in the mirror. "Nam Woori, i'm your older brother, at least show a little respect." he snapped, but she didn't care. "Oppa. Put. The. Bag. Down." Woori said firmly as she clenched her jaw, feeling her patience run out. Wooin scoffed pathetically before he threw her bag on the ground and stormed out of the dance studio.

After seeing her brother left, she walked to the CD player to give it another shot. Pressing the play button, she quickly get into distance from the mirror and started dancing as the beat boomed across the room. Anyone would've said that she danced like it was life or death, anyone would've said that she danced too hard, worked too hard. After all, she is a hardcore dancer.

 


 

Myungsoo smiled as he looked through the candid shots of Woori dancing. He has always admired her and her strong and burning passion to dance. He was probably the one who knows Woori best below her family since he had known her since they were still in diapers. She was always a very bubbly and cheerful person until one day—

There was a knock on the door.

"Oh, come in." Myungsoo said as he locked the camera and placed it on the chair. The door opened to a very familiar guy whom the whole school probably knows. "Are there 365 cameras in this photography studio?" he asked with a small notepad. "Yes, Sunggyu sunbae." Myungsoo nodded. Sunggyu was the most respected student in this school despite his boldness since he is the school's president and also one of the richest students in the school.

"Are you sure?" Sunggyu eyed Myungsoo. No one could ever tell what Sunggyu was thinking because he was just that emotionless and cold, the most he could do is send chills down your spine with that hard stare which he gives to almost everyone. He walked to the 3rd cabinet of cameras and started counting. "There is only 72 cameras in here, Myungsoo ssi." Sunggyu said.

Myungsoo widened his eyes as he started to panic mentally. He walked over to Sunggyu and started counting the number of cameras carefully, not missing out even one. "I believe the rest of the cabinets have 73 cameras, but this cabinet has only 72." Sunggyu stated again. "H-how do you know?" Myungsoo stuttered. Sunggyu smirked and turned to the corner, pointing at the small CCTV.

"I've been focusing on the photography studio and one student stole a camera and you didn't even notice it. Well, he didn't really steal it. He borrowed it and just never returned. Isn't it equivalent to stealing? Am I wrong?" Sunggyu questioned. Myungsoo was in charge of the photography studio and even though that student did steal it, it's Myungsoo's responsibility at the end of the day.

Myungsoo was thinking hard of a solution. "I'm waiting." Sunggyu said coldly. He looked into Sunggyu's eyes and suddenly thought of something. He can't really afford to buy a new camera to replace the stolen one because he had no money so the only way is to replace the stolen camera, with his own.

"I have an idea, what about your camera?" Sunggyu eyed at the camera lying on the chair. "No." Myungsoo said firmly. His camera was precious and it had every memory of him and Woori ever since he got that camera. "Kim Myungsoo ssi, you definitely do not understand the seriousness in this. Punishments can lead up to 2 months of suspension and a demote from the president of the photography club." Sunggyu crossed his arms.

Myungsoo thought hard again. The consequences were way more dangerous and he couldn't take the risk. 2 months of suspension, that would totally make it so hard to catch up on his subjects and a demote would be devastating. He sighed before he nodded at Sunggyu. Sunggyu smirked and went over to the camera, only to see Woori's candid shots.

Sunggyu examined the well taken picture of the girl in the dance studio dancing graciously as she concentrated on her body in the mirror. She had a very perfect body figure and posture— "Wait." Myungsoo said and took his camera from Sunggyu's hands. "Can I...hand it to you tomorrow? Because I want to import my pictures onto my computer." Myungsoo said. "No." was a firm reply. "Sunbae, please." he begged. "No." Sunggyu said again, making Myungsoo's heart ache.

Myungsoo can never argue with Sunggyu, he sighed and gave the camera back to Sunggyu. "Photography studio, 365 cameras, checked." Sunggyu said before he left the studio without turning back. That was how much of an obnoxious bastard he is.

 


 

After realizing that it was late enough, Woori finally stopped her hardcore dancing and decided to leave. She carefully removed the CD from the player and placed it in a holder before she grabbed her bag.

It was windy cold as she started to trudge her way back home in the dark. She, then felt the guilt hit her. How could she be so cold to her own brother? Was she that heartless? She can be cold to anyone, but she has to make family an exception for that. "Nam Woori, control yourself." she reminded. She turned and saw Myungsoo walking at the opposite pavement.

"Myungsoo!" she waved. Myungsoo was also an exception for her cold attitude. "Hey!" Myungsoo immediately brightened up as he walked over to Woori. "How's practice? Preparation for the competition going smooth?" he asked. Woori only sighed before Myungsoo got the message. "Don't worry, you'll do fine. I mean, you're perfect Woori!" Myungsoo encouraged.

Woori got sick of hearing that she's perfect when she is clearly not. "Stop saying i'm perfect Myungsoo because nobody's perfect and I keep making mistakes how the is that perfect?!" she exploded in frustration. Myungsoo stopped and stared at her. "Woori ah..." he said gently. She sighed again. "S-sorry..." she apologized.

 

"I'm home.." Woori mumbled as she entered the door. "Welcome home sweetie. We all waited for you so that we can eat together." her mother smiled. Woori somehow hated that smile since she smiles like that to her fans too. It looks so hypocritical. "So the rude is back." Wooin muttered as he grabbed a seat beside Woori. "Wooin, mind your language." their mother glared.

A few moments later, their father came down to join the dinner. "Alright, let's eat." he said with a smile and so the pin-drop silent dinner started. After basically 10 minutes, their mother decided that she should say something. "Woori ah, please don't be so cold to us okay? We are sorry if we haven't supported you enough it's just that..." she paused. "You understand us, right Woori? We hope you do because we love—"

Woori slammed her chopsticks onto the table, deciding that she has hard enough. "You love me?" she chuckled pathetically. "ALL OF YOU LOVED ME?" she stood up and yell. "Nam Woori!" their father thundered but their mother placed a hand over his. "Woohyun, it's okay, let her vent." Woohyun turned, "But Taerin!"

"Oh what irony!" Woori laughed sarcastically. "Then where were you when I got bullied, got beaten up, got admitted to the hospital when a dude poisoned my lunch? WHERE WERE YOU?" she pointed to each and every one of them. "The two of you singing to your diehard fans and you!" she pointed to her brother. "Singing your off, wanting to be as successful as umma and appa." she said as her lips trembled. Woori knew she was going to cry in anger if she continued, so she just stormed up to her room.

"How dare she." Woohyun muttered in anger as he got up, ready to give Woori a good scolding. "Woohyun! I think it's better to let her pour her feelings out. This way it'll make her feel better as well and now that she has said it, we finally know. So don't think of this as disobedience, just think of it as an opportunity to care for Woori more, okay? Now sit down." Taerin argued.

"She's right..." Wooin finally spoke. "We were never there for her at her most toughest times."

 


 

"Welcome home young master." the servants bowed and greeted at Sunggyu when he entered the house. He ignored them and went straight to his room. He was about to take his books out to study when he saw Myungsoo's camera in his bag, just then, he remembered the candid shot of a girl dancing in the studio.

He switched the camera on and went through the nicely taken pictures. The angles were perfect, then, he came across a selfie of Myungsoo and the girl. They looked happy. Sunggyu examined her face, noticing how her eyes are perfectly distanced from the bridge of her nose, how her lips are plump perfectly and how her hair looked as soft as silk.

Sunggyu has found his eyecandy and that, does not usually turn out well.

He was going to find out who she was.

 


 

Ello! The first chapter is kind of short isn't it? But I still hoped that you guys liked it, heh.

-Mi Eun