twenty-five

You're Cold, Milady

" Save Me..." —;


 

Sunggyu and Woori looked at each other in shock before shifting back their gaze to the two drunken bodies in front of them. "The pretty couple, here's your two plates of dubbeoki." the ahjumma said, placing the two plates on the table. "Ahjumma-nim, do you perhaps know what happened to them?" Woori asked. The ahjumma crossed her arms and sighed. "They were here for quite a long time and they were so loud, laughing, crying and cheering before finally passing out from the alchohol. I was relieved because some customers complaint to me that they were too noisy." she shook her head before returning to work.

"What on earth..." Sunggyu clicked his tongue before bending down. "Ya Han Seungyeon, get up." She stirred a little but went back to sleep, which annoyed Sunggyu even more. He looked around and saw a bottle of mineral water. He quickly twisted it open before pouring it all down onto Seungyeon's face. "Get up." his voice was firm, a tone of annoyance and frustration too. Seungyeon quickly jerked up when the water got into her nose.

Woori said nothing instead, she put Myungsoo's arm around her shoulder to support him. "Kim Myungsoo, wake up. You're not legal to drink yet." she whispered in his ear and when she got no response, she cracked her knuckles before pinching onto his right ear real damn hard. "AHHHHUCHHHHHHHHH!!!" he yelled out, catching the attention of many late night workers. "SHHH!" hissing, she kicked him in the shin, making him crouch down.

The two now sobered up, looked at each other before laughing. "Thanks for your time Eswai." Myungsoo chuckled as though he was still drunk before smiling. "Thank you too Ell." Seungyeon bowed gratefully. "Excuse me, i'm here too. What on Earth happened between you two?" Sunggyu questioned. Myungsoo pushed Woori away and brought Seungyeon up from the floor. "Your hair is wet..." he mumbled. "It's alright, i'll dry it at home." Seungyeon replied.

Woori's jaw literally dropped again. What the hell was going on? "Ya Kim Myungsoo!" Woori exclaimed, wanting to pull his shoulder but he pushed her off, harder this time, causing her to crash into the chairs. Myungsoo turned to look at her, his gaze had nothing but loneliness and regret. "Go away Nam Woori..." The ahjumma interrupted. "Ya ya ya! Whatever kind of fuel this is, go settle it somewhere else!" and with that, she pushed the 4 out of the store.

"Han Seungyeon, why are you even with Kim Myungsoo?" Sunggyu asked, dangerously curious. "Why do you want to know oppa? How does being with Kim Myungsoo concern you? You're engaged with your sweet Nam Woori anyways." Seungyeon spat. Woori immediately went up to her and gripped her hair so painfully, she screamed. "What's your problem ?" Myungsoo marched up and pressed against the joints at her shoulder, causing her to retract her arm. 

"And what's wrong with you Kim Myungsoo? Are you possessed by her evil spell or what?" Woori asked. She was so angry onto why Myungsoo was suddenly acting so weird, acting unlike himself. Sunggyu then, came into the picture. He choked Myungsoo's neck, but knowing how to fight, Myungsoo retaliated with a back kick in the stomach. "Kim Sunggyu, i'm pretty sure you forgotten about how I beat your with my nun chucks the other time. You wanna try again?"

This isn't Kim Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo isn't crazy, this person is crazy. Woori raised a hand to slap his face but Myungsoo's reflexes were faster, he caught her hand and examined the 3 carat diamond ring on her third finger. "As. Ex. Pec. Ted." Syllable after syllable, he glared at the latter, making her widen her eyes in shock. "This isn't Kim Myungsoo. This isn't my bestfriend. Who are you?" Woori asked, terrified. She saw that he softened up a little so she brought her other free hand to slap him successfully this time.

Woori yanked her wrist away from Myungsoo's grip and finally walked away. "Han Seungyeon, what's your agenda? Why are you even back in South Korea? I gave you an opportunity to have a dance career in the states when the actual winner was Nam Woori. What else do you want?" Sunggyu asked. "I just wanted to touch your heart. Was it that hard?" She looked up to him as the tears trickled down her face. "YOU...will never be able to touch my heart. Why? Because you broke it. SO STOP TRYING. I'm getting so damn sick of you." and with that, Sunggyu walked away too.

 

"Are you alright?" Sunggyu sighed when he heard sniffling next to him. He knew Woori was a soft hearted person, but he never knew she was this soft hearted. "Hey hey...don't cry." he reached out his hand to turn her around but she whimpered and pushed him away. Sunggyu got up from the bed and went to the other side, finally facing the crying girl. "You look so ugly..." he chuckled as he wiped away her tears and cupped her face. "Don't worry, i'm here for you alrights?" he smiled assuringly.

"Since when were you so...nice?" Woori softly asked like a little girl. Sunggyu pulled her up and stared deeply into her eyes. "I'm human too, I wasn't born to be a bastard. I just never showed the nice side of me. I care about you Nam Woori. From the very moment you avoided me, I felt as though something was missing and I just couldn't seem to breathe without you." he confessed. Woori sniffed as she wiped her eyes, finally done from crying as she asked, "Since when were you so cheesy?"

Sunggyu laughed whole-heartedly before he pulled her down for a light kiss on the lips. He was felt so relieved when Woori didn't pull away from the kiss so he smiled before deepening the kiss a little, placing his hand at her neck while supporting her face. On the other hand, Woori felt all her worries disappear when Kim Sunggyu planted those lips on hers. She has always wanted to enjoy his lips but never got to do it since she was one hell of an ego-maniac.

The two pulled away and leaned on each other's forehead, appreciating and enjoying each other's presence. "Hmm, like I said, I just never showed the cheesy side of me." Sunggyu chuckled.

 


 

"Where have you been all night? Do you know how worried we were?! We called you countless of times but your phone was switched off. What were you thinking Nam Woori?!" Taerin yelled. Taerin has been yelling at her daughter from the very moment she came back home. "Will you stop yelling at me? Just ask Wooin oppa. He'll explain everything for you." Woori snapped as she snuggled on the sofa and hugged her knees.

"Nam Woori, stop pushing everything to your brother. Me and your dad were so busy working and we expected that being a matured girl you are, you will take good care of yourself. How dare you sleep somewhere else and come back at 3am in the morning?! We have a house for a reason." there she goes again. "Umma, just stop it. Let Woori rest." Wooin said, standing up for his sister.

"And I will not. And you Nam Wooin, what have you been doing? You are supposed to take care of your sister! You are the older brother here!" this time, Woohyun stepped in stopped Taerin. "Taerin, just stop it. Look how tired they are. Just let them off, besides, they're doing fine right? As long as they're not hurt, it's alright." Woohyun said softly.

"We do have a house for a reason. But is it supposed to be called a home when I don't feel like I belong here?" Woori finally talked back. "Nam Woori, don't add fuel to the fire." Wooin warned. "Oppa, I WILL add fuel to the fire. Sure you guys are tired, from working, but do you swear that you didn't have fun? Did you even bought souveniers home from the several countries you have visited? Did you know I had an appendicitis surgery while you guys were gone?" Woori mocked, lifting up her shirt, showing her parents the stitch on her abdomen.

Taerin breathed in as her heart ached. "Woori ya...how can..." she was speechless. "So therefore, me and oppa are totally fine without you guys. We're big enough to take care of ourselves and hence, i'm going to live my own life, my own way. If Wooin oppa doesn't want to, it's okay because I want to. If you guys missed me, you can call me, but don't expect me to come home." and with that, she took her packed luggage under the table and stood up.

"Oh, I will deliver some good news. I am going to marry Sunggyu, and i'm happy to marry him. So good for you too." Woori smirked before walking out of the door. "WHAT?! YA NAM WOORI!!!" her brother stood up in shock and rage. The news that she just delivered seemed like a nightmare to him. Out of everybody...Kim ing Sunggyu? Hell no.

 

It was raining but Woori didn't care, she walked in the rain slowly, dragging her luggage behind her. Million of questions went through her mind. Was it really right to leave home like that? After all, her parents did gave birth to her. But what's the point of family if they were never there for her when she needed them most? Well excluding her brother sometimes. Her parents are busy being entertainers/idols. She always wondered how they were still so famous even when they're old.

Finally reaching her destination, she stopped. She looked up at the tall white gates and sighed. "Is this really right?" she questioned herself. That was when the thunder boomed through the sky, following the lightning that striked, making the poor girl in the rain flinch and collapse from shock. "Who are you?" the flashlight flashed into Woori's eyes, making her look away. "Who are you?" the security guard asked, a little firmer this time. "Ahjussi, it's me..." Woori squeaked since she lacked of energy.

The security guard furrowed his eyebrows before widening his eyes. "Oh my Woori ssi! Are you alright?" the guard immediately put an umbrella over the girl and carried her luggage into the mansion. One of the servants immediately went to take a towel for Woori to warm up. "What brings you here Woori ssi?" the butler asked curiously. "I-I came to stay with Sunggyu ssi..." Woori's lips were still trembling from the cold. The butler's expression changed into a frown as he scooted closer to the girl.

"Woori ssi, it's good that you want to stay with young master, but not here. It's too dangerous. The head master is a merciless man who uses his money and power to make everything go his way. So I advise you...if you want to stay with young master, run away with him to somewhere far away." the butler whispered before he moved away.

"T-thank you...for your advice ahjussi..." Woori bowed gratefully. It is too late to turn back now, since she's here, why not make her time worth it. "Sunggyu's room is up the stairs and to your left." the head servant said. Woori bowed once more before heading upstairs to Sunggyu's room.

"Sunggyu ah..." Woori hollered as she knocked on his door. Judging by how loud his music is, she doubt that he can hear her. "SUNGGYU YA." she yelled, banging even harder this time, but no one came to open the door, so she turned the door knob and entered the room. She saw some white packaging being thrown right at her face but due to her quick reflexes, she avoided it and tumbled onto the ground, tired as hell. "Abbeoji, I told you not to come in my room whenever you like. Good you deserve the trap." Sunggyu mumbled as he turned around to face the person at the door.

"Nam Woori?!" Sunggyu exclaimed, widening his small eyes as he scrammed to her side. "Ya! Are you okay? Did you get hit? Woori! Are you there?" he asked panickly. "Do I look like I have that whatever powder at my face? And you're too noisy...i'm just tired..." Woori mumbled, her eyes remained closed.

"Thank God you didn't get hit by the powder. I mixed sleeping powder with laxatives. Anyways...why are you soaked from head to toe?" he asked as he carried her bridal style to his bed. "Ya why are you putting me on your bed. Your bed will get wet." Woori mumbled again. Sunggyu chuckled before he intertwined his fingers with hers, feeling that specific graze of the ring on their third finger. "What happened?" he asked once more. "I ran away from home...I want to stay with you..." Woori's mumble got softer and softer before a snore could be heard.

Sunggyu smiled brightly before pulling up his blanket, not caring if it gets wet.

 


 

Woori had a fever the next day, of course she would have a fever, she stood in the rain for so long. "You shouldn't go to school. Besides, you don't have a holiday exam today either, so rest at home." Sunggyu nagged as he tucked Woori back in bed. "But I'll get bored..." she pouted cutely. "No you won't. My room is interesting enough to entertain you the whole day. If you really can't find anything then just study for next week's holiday exam." he said,poking her head.

"Fine." and with that, the young master left the mansion and soon enough, Woori got really bored. The servants and the butler was busy and she didn't even know why they were busy since nobody is even in the house. "Young miss, you must rest...you still have a high fever." one of the servants said worriedly. "Nah...don't worry about it. I'm strong, the fever will probably be gone tomorrow."

After walking and loitering around the huge mansion, her cellphone rang. Woori's heart ached when she saw who was the caller ID. Kim Myungsoo. The memories from last night were still so vivid and it hurt like hell. Myungsoo has never been so rash on her, even if she did made him mad, he wouldn't be so aggresive like that.

Sliding the green icon across, she croaked. "Hello?" There was a long silence before Myungsoo spoke. "Who is this? Where is Woori?" he asked, his tone sounded menacing as though he was ready to pounce and kill someone. "I am Woori..." the girl croaked again. There was another long silence. "What happened to your voice?" he asked. "I'm having a fever...that's what happened." Woori sighed.

"Oh."

That word sounded so cold. Usually if anything were to happen to Woori, he would ask of the location and promise that he would be there shortly for her...but now it's just...'oh'. "Yeah..." Woori nodded, not knowing what to say anymore. Myungsoo was downright killing the conversation.

"I just wanted to apologize for last night. I'm so so sorry Woori...I wasn't in my right mind to actually care about Seungyeon rather than you. I really didn't mean it. I'm sorry...I love you..." He confessed. The tears in Woori's eyes rolled down her cheeks. "I love you too Myungsoo..." but they both knew that Woori sees Myungsoo nothing more than a best friend now. "I'm leaving for Paris after the holiday exams. I got sponsored to learn photography there."

Although those words stunned the girl for a while, she smiled. It was a really good opportunity for Myungsoo. She knew how much photography meant for him and she was genuinely happy for him. "Congratulations Myungsoo. I am really so happy for you." that wasn't the answer Myungsoo wanted to hear, but it's time to put his career first. "Thank you Woori...I will update you on my number. Don't love Sunggyu sunbaenim so much until you forget me alrights. Because I will never forget you. We've been bestfriends for 17 years, nothing can break us apart right?" he was smiling, but his tone showed every hint of sadness.

"I won't forget you. Relax. When you date pretty models in Paris, you better not forget me, if not I will find you and give you a huge knuckle sandwich." Woori threatened jokingly. The two talked a little more, this time with more laughter than tears. The call finally ended when Myungsoo had to print some documents.

Woori was bored once again so this time, she decided to look at Sunggyu's huge desktop. She switched the moniter on and gasped when she saw the wallpaper. "How on earth did he get that picture...?" she furrowed her eyebrows as she examined the high quality picture of her in the dance studio. The only person that she knew, took pictures of her when she was dancing, was Myungsoo. Woori decided to browse the images in his computer. A folder caught her eyes. "Myung's camera?" and with that, she double clicked on it, many pictures flashed before her face.

Almost every picture had her face on it but that wasn't the catch...the catch was hundreds of pictures Myungsoo took with Woori were also there. "Why does Sunggyu have Myungsoo's camera SD card...this ...how dare he steal it from Myungsoo." Woori huffed. She quickly switched off the moniter when she heard sounds downstairs. Her expression immediately brightened, thinking Sunggyu is back.

However, her assumption was wrong. When she opened the door, she saw Sunggyu's father and another woman liplocking as they 'drunkly' walked towards the stairs. All the servants and butler's had their heads down, not daring to make eye contact with the devil. Somehow, just somehow, Woori and the man made eye contact. She didn't know why, but she felt terrified and scared, and what's worst is that she started to shake when she saw the man pushing the woman away, glaring at her dangerously.

"...he's coming for me...what should I do..." Woori mumbled as she went back inside the room, wanting to lock it but right at that moment, his foot prevented that from happening. She fell when she felt the door strongly slamming her body. "Well well, look who we have here." Woori tried to steady herself but fell again when her vision was splitted into two. "So vulnerable...Nam Woori."

She couldn't straighten herself nor fight back when she felt the man pinning her strongly against the wall and began tearing her clothes off. "No...Mr Kim what are you doing..." she was too weak to fight back, especially since she was sick. "What do you think i'm doing? What a great opportunity, I was bored with that woman anyways."

Woori was left with her undergarments on when she was thrown like a ragdoll to the bed. The man pulled his tie off and ed his shirt impatiently before pouncing on the poor girl, ravishing her neck like a beast. "No...please..." Woori begged, a tear slipping out of her eye. Why did this have to happen at her weakest point? He bit her neck, hard, causing her to whimper. The girl tried her best to push him away but soon, her hands were pinned right above her head. "I heard you knock the two guys Sunggyu hired unconscious. Why don't you do it to me too? Show me what you've got." the man mocked before bursting into an insane laughter.

Woori squeezed her eyes shut. No, this isn't happening. Her life is already ruined enough, why does God have to ruin it even more? Right before she lost consciousness, she let out a plea so soft that the wind carried her words away.

"Save me..."

 


 

I'm so sorry OTL...but this story is coming to an end soon. Sorry for not updating for so long, the main plot is ending but I still have epilogues and 'skiptations' to write so i guess overall, it won't end so soon. I'll try to drag this story to at least 30 chapters. I hope you guys anticipate on the next chapter ;) Toodles~!

-Mi Eun