fourteen

You're Cold, Milady

" Hurt " —;


 

The guy sighed before diving into the pool to carry the unconscious guy out of the pool. "I don't want to help you, but I have no choice." he said to Sunggyu. "Nam Wooin, is he okay?" Jaeyoung asked. "Obviously he is. Humans don't die easily." Wooin rolled his eyes as he wiped his hair with the towel Jaeyoung brought him. "Hey do CPR on him..." Jaeyoung muttered. "No way man, i'm just going to call the ambulance."

"Oppa, why did you save him?" a voice came from behind. Wooin blinked when he saw his sister's angry face, as if he was in the wrong for saving a dying guy. "He was dying, of course I had to save him. What are you talking about Woori ah?" he asked. "WELL HE DESERVED TO DIE SO WHY DID YOU SAVE HIM?!" she yelled, making him widened his eyes before he pulled her to a corner where nobody was around.

"Did you...did you push Sunggyu down the pool?" Wooin asked. "Yeah. So what's the problem?" the latter asked. "You can't do that!" his sudden outburst made Woori widened her eyes. "Did you just sided Kim Sunggyu?" Oh gosh, that wasn't what he meant. "That's not it. This is life and death we're talking about, and there are cctvs everywhere in this school, if he dies, you're going to jail!" he sighed. "I'm only 17, I can't go to jail." Woori mumbled.

"But do you want to go to the girls' home?"

"I don't care. As long as he's dead."

"Woori!" Wooin yelled, glaring at his younger sister for being so thoughtless. Well, Sunggyu did deserve to die, but the consequences are just too much to bear. "Just reflect on yourself. As I said, this is life and death we're talking about." the older one scolded before walking away. Woori looked at Sunggyu who was being carried in a stretcher to the ambulance right now, looking as lifeless as the dead. "Maybe I really did went overboard." Woori mumbled quietly.

 

"Why do you keep avoiding me?" Sungyeol questioned as he followed the quick-step Jaemi. "Geez, stop following me." Jaemi snapped; feeling annoyed that Sungyeol couldn't stop sticking onto her. "Why can't I? You seem lonely, do you have any friends?" Sungyeol bugged once more. "Excuse me, but I do have friends. I am the top 10 richest student in this school okay?" Jaemi huffed. "So? It still doesn't prove that you're not lonely." Sungyeol said, his popsicle.

Jaemi groaned before she walked quickly again. "Oh Woori! Are you okay?" Sungyeol waved as he saw her walking down from the stairs. Jaemi looked at Woori, wondering is she would ever tell Sungyeol that Seyeon is her child. Her breath hitched when she saw Woori looking at her. Jaemi quickly walked away, not wanting to be in the situation.

"She's so weird. She keeps avoiding me even though she doesn't really know me. Or is it because I found her lost little sister wandering around?" Sungyeol sighed, catching Woori's attention. "What did you say? You found her lost little sister wandering around?" Woori widened her eyes. "Hey it's the first time you're using informalities with me!" he cheered but then Woori was already gone.

"Yoon Jaemi. You lost Seyeon again?!" Woori whispered. "Did Sungyeol say anything? Was he suspicious that Seyeon is my child?" Jaemi stuttered. "You should've been careful! Why do you keep losing Seyeon? Even as a mother, you're really careless! Please take good care of her, and don't worry about Seyeon, i'll make sure he doesn't know anything." Woori reassured, not knowing that she just voluntarily helped Jaemi.

"T-thank you...for helping me." Jaemi sighed. "Eh? Oh...right...sure. Just be careful." Woori said in a more colder tone this time, not wanting to lose her cool before walking away.

 


 

Woori sighed as she walked in the empty valley, she just needed to be alone and furthermore, it wasn't dark so she'd be completely safe. Or not. "Oh look." a voice came out from no where. She turned and saw two men, their heads covered with their jacket hoodies. "You're quite pretty there, young lady." the other one smirked as both of them got closer. Woori stood there, letting out a pathetic scoff.

"You don't seem so scared there..." he said. "I'm not." Woori smirked before letting out a dolphin pitch scream. "Ah, there's no use screaming here , no one would hear you." he laughed. "Oh really? Right I forgot, damn I just wasted my energy." Woori pretended to be annoyed. The two men went towards her but before they could even grab her, she kneed both of their faces.

"ing ." one of them cursed before they held her body against the wall and begin stripping her uniform, smacking her face as hard as they can at the same time. Woori slipped out the hand knife that was hidden under her sleeve before she used all her strength to push the man off before slashing the knife across his face. She pointed the knife at the other guy, threatening him not to come any closer.

Honestly, deep inside, she was scared as hell. This triggered the most scariest memory from her past, when a group of boys wanted to her. She closed her eyes as she thought of what Myungsoo once advised her, to aim at their joints. It's true that these two men are stronger than the petite teenager, but they would of course have their weakest points. "You're quite brazen, young girl." the man earlier wiped off the blood from his face.

She gripped onto the knife harder as she charged at one of them as quickly as possible, slashing the knife across his face again in a flash before she straightened her fingers and jabbed right in between the collarbone, taking his breath away. The man struggled to breathe before falling onto the ground. She looked at the other man which was slightly frightened now.

Using her knife again, she slashed him but he managed to dodged it before stepping on her feet and pushing her leg in another angle, attempting to break her ankle but then she managed to cut his arm, causing him to move away before almost breaking her ankle. She will never allow them to break her legs, reason being because her legs are her life, without her legs, she can never dance again.

"I'm the brazen one?" she yelled as the tears escaped her eyes. The man wanted to charge at her again, but seeing how his friend is so close to dying whilst suffocating, he quickly aided the latter up before fleeing away. "I do not deserve being treated like this everytime!" she screamed her heart out, wanting to let out those bottled up feelings. As soon as that happened, her phone let out a beep.

She took out her phone. It was a text from her mother. "Remember to visit Sunggyu if you do not want to be reported for attempted murder, I don't want you to go to the juvenile hall, Woori ah. Don't try to run away from your mistakes. -Umma" Seeing this, she cried even more. It does seem that her mother cares for her, but truth be told, she only cared about her reputation. Her mother is a singer, who would listen to a singer whose daughter went to jail?

 


 

"What? Two men, can't a girl? I know that she's strong, but aren't you guys more stronger than her? Two of you for goodness sake! Don't you have any balls?!" he scolded. "I'm sorry boss...we were definitely stronger than her but she...she had tactics. She almost killed Chansik. If I didn't do CPR on him, he would've been suffocated to death." the man stuttered.

"You guys are pathetic, I mean look at yourselves. Cuts everywhere. I was weak, that's is why i'm in the hospital right now, but are you guys weak too?" he scoffed. "Sorry, boss." the two did a 90 degree bow. "This business is over. Since you couldn't get the job done, I won't be transferring any money. Leave." he said furiously.

As the two left, a nurse came in, holding a tray of medicine. "Sunggyu ssi, it is time for your medicine." the nurse said in a high pitched voice which he hated alot. "Of course it's time for my medicine do you think i'm stupid? You don't have to state the obvious. I hate your voice." Sunggyu said obnoxiously. "I'm sorry, Sunggyu ssi." she said again as she bowed before leaving the ward after Sunggyu ate the medicine.

"Do you think I wouldn't get back at you? Nam Woori. You tried to kill me, so expect to be killed." Sunggyu mumbled as his mind flashed back to the time when Woori pushed him down the pool, seeing her smirk as he sinked lower and lower. He will never forget that. Even if he doesn't get his revenge now, he will, sooner or later. Just as he was thinking of ways to kill Woori, the door of his ward opened.

He almost had a heart attack, seeing who it is. The girl limped as she walked to Sunggyu's bedside, sitting on the chair next to him. Sunggyu widened his eyes as he stared at her. Her face had bruises, her uniform sleeve was torn, as was the hem of her blouse and she was limping. Then, he remembered that he sent out the 2 men to her. But what on earth is she doing here? "Is she going to kill me...?" he mentally thought. He was now at a disadvantage because he can't move around that much, so it would be pretty easy for Woori to kill him just like that.

"Sunbae...i'm sorry." she finally spoke, voice hoarse from all that screaming. "W-what?" Sunggyu mumbled, totally appalled that Woori would actually apologize to him.

 


 

Wooin sighed once more as he looked at Myungsoo. He has to prepare the kid so that his heart wouldn't get completely shattered into pieces. "Hyung what's wrong? You've been sighing ever since we got to the cafeteria and you haven't even touched your food." Myungsoo pointed out. "Oh...right." Wooin laughed it off before taking a spoonful of rice, forcing it down despite being so worried.

Honestly, he would've sacrificed himself for that arranged marriage if it weren't for his singing career. He is still a trainee now, but he is going to debut, so there is no way his parents would let him take over Woori's place and besides, Sunggyu isn't a girl anyway. How can he help his sister? She has been going through so much that it hurts his heart.

"Alright hyung. Spill it out, what's going on?" Myungsoo asked, finally fed up that he had to see his 'brother' being so sad and regretful. "Myungsoo ah, you know that I will never hurt you right?" Wooin began. "Ew stop being so gay..." Myungsoo joked, expecting Wooin to laugh too but he didn't. "So...what I am going to tell you next, please just listen to me, it is for your own good alright? You know that I treat you like a real brother...so I don't want you to get hurt." the older one continued.

Myungsoo found it strange that Wooin was speaking to him this way, but he continued to listen. "You need to break up with Woori...now..." Wooin said, his voice trembling. "What? No way man." Myungsoo immediately interrupted Wooin. "Myungsoo, you need to listen to me—" "No, i'm sorry hyung, but I cannot listen to you this time. I have been waiting for Woori for so long and now when I finally got her, I need to let her go? No way." Myungsoo said, feeling his heart beat faster and faster.

"Myungsoo...Woori is in an arranged marriage." Wooin said and it felt like Myungsoo's world collapsed. "With who?" Myungsoo asked, his voice trembling too as he clenched his fist in anger. "With Kim Sunggyu."

 


 

"W-what?" Sunggyu mumbled. "My mum and dad are singers so I can't go to the juvenile hall because it will ruin their reputation, my mom sent me here to apologize and beg for forgiveness because her reputation matters more than me, she cares about her career more than me so she asked me to throw away my pride and beg on my knees for forgiveness, so please, sunbae, don't send me to the juvenile hall." Woori said as more and more tears start to roll down her face before she got on her knees.

On the other hand, Sunggyu didn't know what to say. He didn't know that someone as cold as Woori would actually cry like this, and it was because she lacked of her parent's love, like him. His mother died, his father doesn't give a about him. He never knew that she, Nam Woori, would actually be in the same situation as him.

And unknowingly, a tear fell from Sunggyu's eye as well but before he could say anything, someone else entered the ward. "What is with this atmosphere?" the deep voice that he knew so well. The two looked at the man in the suit. "Ah, I see that you guys are together, what a perfect timing, I wanted to break the news to my son, and since you're here too, I can tell you as well. I don't think your parents have informed you yet right?" the man asked Woori.

"Eh...?" Woori mumbled, totally confused. "Before I say anything, Woori, please get up...from your uh...kneeling position." Mr Kim said. Woori got up, even more confused onto how this man; Sunggyu's father, actually knows her name. "Great, now, where shall I start?" the man smiled as he clasped his hands together.

Sunggyu and Woori looked at each other, not knowing what is actually happening right now.

"Ah right." Sunggyu's father began.

"The both of you, will be engaged."

 


 

This chapter may be a little sad, especially at the part and finally, the arranged marriage tag is here! The part was actually inspired by this drama called Reset, when Eunbi(Kim Sohyun's character) got taken by the so called 'X', although there wasn't any part there, but I got that idea, and of course since Woori was bullied constantly in the past and almost got , she learned how to fight, it's quite obvious by the way she hit Sunggyu in the previous chapter, I would never let my OC get and I do not mean any disrespect. And please do comment! I would like to know what you guys think about this chapter!

-Mi Eun