twenty

You're Cold, Milady

" No More Dancing! " —;


 

Sungyeol crooked his neck to the side and finally found the person he was looking for. He may look like a gentle and forgiving person but he was not forgiving one bit. He stood up from his seat and firmly approached the said person. "Ya Lee Sungyeol, where are you going? You haven't even finished your food." he could hear Sunggyu holler but he ignored him.

He grabbed her arm before dragging her out of the cafeteria and despite her protests, he never let go. At this time, he could feel his body fuming right from head to toe. Even seeing this person makes him angry to the extend where he could just smack her across the face, but of course, he would never hurt girls. As much as he wanted to slap her, real men don't hit girls. "Are you crazy? Let go!" she struggled to yank her hand away and finally succeeded when Sungyeol brought her to an empty classroom.

She rubbed her wrist which had the obvious red mark that was caused by Sungyeol. "Why did you do it?" he asked, trying to control himself so that he doesn't explode. "Wait no, how the hell did you even know about it in the first place?" Sungyeol glared as he changed his question.

Yoomi smirked as she crossed her arms, "Why are you asking me as if I did it? Well, I didn't do it." she denied casually, thinking that she could get away with it because Lee Sungyeol was nice. True, Lee Sungyeol is a nice guy but he turns nasty when innocent students get bullied. Especially if it's someone he knows.

"TELL ME." he yelled firmly all of a sudden that it made Yoomi flinched in surprise and fear. Sungyeol looked as if he was mad, madly furious, if looks could kill, Jung Yoomi would've already been dead by now. "I...I...overhead them calling each other mother and daughter...that's how I know." Yoomi stuttered. "So why did you do it?!" Sungyeol slammed his hands on the cabinet beside them, but his tone was gentle, as if he was giving a chance for Yoomi to redeem herself. Well, .

Yoomi kept quiet, not daring to give Sungyeol an answer. It was frightening. The latter waited in silence and after a moment, still hearing no answer, he sighed. "Forget that I even asked." when he was about to turn away, Yoomi held his arm, stopping him. "Why are you being so over protective? By any chance, do you like her or something?" she asked.

"Yes. Yes I do. So you better watch your mouth and your actions, because I swear to God, if you hurt her one more time, i'm not going to let you off that easily. Wait, no, I'm going to do everything to destroy you. Do you understand that, Jung Yoomi?" Sungyeol shot her a glare before walking away, totally unaware that someone has overheard what he just said.

"Psh what's so good about that anywa— AH!" she jumped in shock as Jaemi appeared in front of her out of nowhere. "Sunbaenim...you startled me..." Yoomi said as she patted her chest. Jaemi smiled at her before she patted Yoomi's back. "Ey, why bother calling me sunbaenim when you more or less called me a in front of probably half the school?" Jaemi chuckled, the sarcasm in her tone was strongly evident.

Yoomi kept quiet again as she stared at Jaemi, not knowing what to say, it was sarcasm yes, but she had no right to talk back to Jaemi now. "You know what Yoomi? Since you think that you've mastered your violin piece properly and that you deserve the senior position like me, then how about we swtich positions?" Jaemi suggested. "Eh?" Yoomi blinked in surprise. "Well, firstly, it's tiring to instruct a whole hoard of you and secondly, I want some rest. So for the next few months before the N.V compeition, i'll take your place as a violinist and you, my part as the instructor alright? Now wouldn't that be fun?" Jaemi smiled once more before giving her a 'hwaiting' pose and walked away.

Jaemi's smile turned into a frown right after she left the empty classroom. She was scared, not for herself but for her daughter. The other reason why she didn't want anyone to know about Seyeon was because this is one hell of a wicked school. Almost 70% of the students here are pure sadists that enjoy seeing people suffer miserably by hurting them in many ways and since they are rich, it makes everything much, much more easier.

"Yoon Jaemi." a voice appeared, interrupting her thoughts about this wicked school. She turned and saw a very curious Sungyeol starring at her, probably wondering why she was so deep in her thoughts. "Oh, Sungyeol ah." Right then, Jaemi remembered what Sungyeol said to Yoomi and it made her feel...happy. She didn't care about the danger in it anymore. Although some students are hella wicked, some other students are basically kind hearted angels in disguise. It was like Zeus and Hades living in the same sky.

"Jaemi ah, are you okay?" Sungyeol asked as he waved his hands in front of her face. Jaemi smiled as she nodded at him. She couldn't believe how Sungyeol could bring her such happiness in such a short period of time, it was only 3 months and the best part was, he seemed 100% sincere. "I just wanted to say that I am grateful for everything you've done, Sungyeol oppa." she said.

"Nahhhh, don't mention it!" he laughed but paused when he realized what Jaemi just said. "W-wait...did you just call me Sungyeol oppa?!" he widened his eyes in disbelief as Jaemi chuckled at his cuteness. She nodded her head gleefully and got a cheer as a response. "Alright man! Achievement unlocked!" Sungyeol cheered as he punched his fist into the air for success.

 


 

"Ah, it's been a long time." Woori mumbled with full of rice, not caring if she spits some on the floor. She felt the ground with her hands before her lips curled up into a small smile. It has been way too long, two months to be exact, and she missed the dance studio dearly, the CD player, the wooden floor, the huge studio mirror and the lights, practically everything about the dance studio.

The despairful dance competition had lots of disastrous follow ups that threw Woori around like a pinball, it took up too much of her time, it was either that, or she was just too upset to think about anything else. Right in these two months, she got engaged, emotionally abandoned by her parents, and the worst part was that Myungsoo left her. Who would take pictures of her while she danced now? Who would clap stupidly like a seal whenever she starts doing?

No one.

Woori fought the urge to cry as she forced out another smile. She scooped the last bit of rice in her tupleware and put it in before excitedly going up to the CD player to play her favorite song; Black Eyed Peas's Boom Boom Pow. As she stepped back, she kicked her tupleware to the side before moving her body to the beat. She felt the stress and pressure slowly release from her mind and it felt so good, refreshing actually.

And that was why her moves started to get even more hectic as she danced. She just wished that everything would disappear from her mind, she just wanted peace and quiet now, she just didn't want to worry about a single or maybe waking up with amnesia could be helpful too, at least it wouldn't be as painful.

Everything was going smoothly, the atmosphere, the mood, it was peaceful, at least for her, but that was until she felt a sharp pain at her abdomen, it was so sharp and painful that it even caused her to fall to the ground, holding her stomach as she winced and groan in agonizing pain. Woori had experienced this pain before, she thought it was normal, but this day was different.

The pain was unbearable.

Which explains why there were tears coming out of her eyes. Woori tried her best to reach for her phone to call for help but failed miserably when the sharp pain attacked again. She retrieved her arm to try to comfort the pain, but it was no use, it stung too much. "Somebody...anybody..." she tried to yell but she had no strength to, and even if she did, yelling was futile because the dance studio is soundproof.

 

"She WHAT?!" Myungsoo exclaimed when he heard Jaemi say something to Sungyeol as they walked past him. Jaemi looked at him curiously. "Yoon Jaemi, what did you say just now?" he asked anxiously, shaking her by the shoulder. "I said that Woori brought food into the dance studio, we were about to bring food to her too." Jaemi said, trying to pry Myungsoo's hands off. "BUT SHE'S GOING TO DANCE RIGHT AFTER SHE EATS." he yelled.

Sungyeol pushed Myungsoo's hands away and glared. "So what's wrong with that? You don't have to shout dude." he hissed. "She is going to get appendix like that you es!" and with that, he took off.

Myungsoo prayed hard that nothing will happen as he ran as fast as he could to the dance studio. He had warned her to never dance right after she eats, it was his job to nag at her everytime, it was his job to make sure nothing happens to her. Because he was her bestfriend and because he loves her dearly.

Despair dawned on him as he saw his girl, lying on the ground and trembling in extreme pain. "Woori, Woori, Woori, Woori." he chanted her name like a mantra as he barged into the studio and fell onto his knees beside her. "Woori, Woori, answer me baby..." Myungsoo touched her face and retrieved once he felt how hot her temperature is.

Symptoms to appendix;

1st, abdominal pain

2nd, vomitting

3rd, a dangerously high fever

She was already at the 3rd symptom. Myungsoo immediately carried her in his arms as he rushed back out of the studio. "I've called the ambulance." Jaemi informed anxiously, biting her lips as she mentally blamed herself for thinking this was nothing. If Myungsoo wasn't here, she wouldn't know what to do. Sungyeol sighed as he patted her back. "It isn't your fault Jaemi, Woori will be alright." he comforted.

Woori began to sweat profusely as she mumbled incoherent words; as if having a nightmare. "Woori, you'll be okay, it's alright...i'm here." Myungsoo soothed as he caressed her face. He had placed her beside him as they waited impatiently for the ambulance to arrive. "Sunggyu..." Myungsoo caught what she was saying and he swore that his heart just broke into a million pieces. "Sunggyu...i'm sorry..." Myungsoo tried hard to keep his sanity as he bit his tears back.

Thankfully, the ambulance arrived. Myungsoo carried her once more and placed her on the stretcher that the paramedics laid out. Jaemi fiddled with her fingers worriedly as she saw the paramedics carrying the stretcher into the ambulance. "Are you her boyfriend? Or her guardian? Friend?" one of the officers asked Myungsoo. "Ah...i'm neither. I'm just a...mere classmate." he said whilst Jaemi and Sungyeol widened their eyes in disbelief.

"What the hell is he saying..." Sungyeol mumbled as the two continued to listen to the conversation between Myungsoo and the paramedic officer. "Please stop asking me anymore questions and just quickly take her to the hospital. She has appendix and she's already at her 3rd symptom of having a high fever. Please, go." Myungsoo begged and the officer nodded, not actually believing that Myungsoo is a mere classmate when he clearly knew what happened to Woori.

The 3 sighed in relief as the ambulance finally left for the hospital. "L-lets take a cab to the hospital." Jaemi suggested as she hailed for a taxi. Myungsoo just smiled sadly before he stepped back. "You two can go, i'll pass." he said, declining the suggestion. "But why—" before Jaemi could continue, Myungsoo interrupted. "Just help me take care of her, the both of you. After the surgery is done, make sure she doesn't dance, at least for 4 months, and make sure she eats organic food only. I beg of you." right after, the guy just walked away.

"It's saddening to see them like this." Jaemi sighed. "I know. If only Woori wasn't engaged in thatarranged marriage. I would like to see Woori happy again. She was the happiest whenever she was with Myungsoo." Sungyeol said, pitying the couple.

 


 

Jaemi and Sungyeol was waiting for Woori right outside the surgery room. It has already been 4 hours. The silence was deadly but the two still prayed for Woori otherwise. They waited...and waited. Just when Jaemi was about to doze to a slumber, her ringtone echoed in the silent hall. Shaking her head to get rid of her wooziness, she answered her phone.

"Ah...umma. I'm at the hospital right now, Woori got admitted to the hospital for appendix."

"Omo! Really?! How is she now?"

"She's undergoing surgery right now...it has been 4 hours, i'm worried umma."

"Sigh. Don't worry too much Jaemi, Woori is going to be fine. She is a strong girl, we both know that."

Jaemi could sense her mother flashing a re-assuring smile at the other end of the line.

"But are you there alone?"

"No...i'm with Sungyeol."

Jaemi glanced towards Sungyeol, only to see him dozing quietly with his head hung low. It was a cute sight and it made Jaemi chuckle softly.

"Oh, you mean that boy who played with Seyeon and talked to us?"

"Yeah...what do you think of him umma?"

"I think he is a really nice boy, and he is sincere. But no matter what, do not put your guard down Jaemi. I don't want you to get hurt again."

Right then, the surgeon came out of the surgery room, untying his surgical mask at the same time. "Oh okay umma, the doctor just came out, i'll see you later at home." she immediately hung up the phone and ran towards the surgeon. "Is my friend okay? Is the surgery successful?" Jaemi asked anxiously and it woke Sungyeol up, having him rush towards the doctor too.

"Your friend is alright. We managed to remove the appendix just in time before it burst, your friend is one lucky girl, if we didn't remove it in time, she could've died." the surgeon sighed while the other two patted their chest in pure relief. "C-can you tell us more on how she came to that condition?" Sungyeol asked curiously, not wanting to make the same mistake in the future.

"I assume she's a dancer, right?" the doctor asked, earning a nod from the both of them. "Well you see, she probably danced right after she ate, and that is bad because her food hasn't been digested yet, and if she danced, her food cannot be transported around the intestine properly and the food will end up being forced into the appendix and as she continues this process, the food will be accumulated into her appendix instead of being transported around the intestine, hence, the appendix will swell and swell, and if it eventually bursts, the victim then dies." the doctor explained.

The two bestfriends nodded, finally understanding her condition and why was Myungsoo so frantically worried about it. "I can't reach any of her parents, do you know any other guardians that she might have?" the doctor asked. "Ah, she has a older brother." Jaemi said as she looked through her contact list, trying to find if she has Wooin's phone number.

"Do you have Wooin's number?" Jaemi asked, furrowing her eyebrows in unhappiness. "I don't..." Sungyeol sighed as he looked at the doctor once more. The two felt guilty, they felt that they were the most terrible friends on Earth.

"I'm here." a voice came from the back. Jaemi and Sungyeol turned, only to widen their eyes to see who it was. "And who might you be? Are you Nam Woori's older brother?" the doctor asked as the latter quickly walked towards him, his steps were anxious yet firm. Jaemi and Sungyeol watched in shock. They didn't think that he would visit Woori, they thought that he was the last person on Earth that would visit Woori.

"I'm her fiance, Kim Sunggyu. How is she?" he asked. The doctor raised an eyebrow at him as he looked at his clipboard, trying to remember where have he heard of that name before. "Ah...you're the son of FamousKim's CEO." the doctor nodded, making Sunggyu growl at him. "I don't remember asking you who the hell I am, I'm asking you how is the patient." he said, totally loosing his cool.

"Well if you must know, i've explained Woori's condition to her two friends behind you. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to transfer the patient to a ward." he said, turning away. "Dr. Lee." Sunggyu spoke, making the doctor stop in his tracks. "Transfer her to a VIP ward."

 

"I don't get why you are here Sunggyu." Sungyeol threw his hands up frantically. "You even hit her, I didn't expect you here at all." Sungyeol pointed. "Well I am here so shut up Yeol. Of course I have to be here for her, I am her fiance, how will the public see me if I didn't visit my fiancee in the hospital when she is diagnosed with appendictis?" Sunggyu scoffed.

"Wow, Sunggyu you are one hell of a reputational man." Sungyeol snapped, making Sunggyu roll his eyes in annoyance. While the two bicker about what's unbelievable, the frown on Jaemi's face was obvious. She didn't like Sunggyu, not one bit, after all he had done to Woori, she just wished he'd die. "Why are you looking at me like that, Jaemi ssi?" Sunggyu raise an eyebrow. "Ya, don't talk to her like that." Sungyeol snapped again. "What did I do?! I was just asking a question!" Sunggyu exclaimed.

"What the ..." they ce they heard a mumble. "Woori you're awake!" Jaemi shouted in joy as she pushed Sunggyu away and held her hand. Sunggyu gave that look of disbelief before he got shoved by his own friend as well. "Yeah, go away Sunggyu." Sungyeol stuck his tongue out. "Well hello, if there is anyone that needs to get out, it's you two, i'm paying for this VIP ward you know!" the man huffed sulkily.

"Shut up...it's noisy..." Woori hissed in a weak voice. "Yeah shut up, the two of you." Jaemi glared, making Sungyeol glare at Sunggyu for making her tell Sungyeol to shut up. Woori looked around and only saw the 3 in the room. Funny, she thought she saw Myungsoo carrying her to the ambulance, or was she just hallucinating? Woori tried to lift her upper body up, but failed when she discovered that her abdomical muscle no longer had strength.

"What happened to me?" she asked. "You had apppendicitis. Your appendix would've burst if it weren't for Myungsoo—" Jaemi paused at that name as both Woori and Sunggyu looked hardly when Myungsoo was mentioned. "Anyways, you can't dance for the next 7 months, 4 months the least. And you can't eat solid food for the next 1 month." Jaemi said. "WHAT?!" Woori yelled but immediately winced in pain. "Don't talk too much or do too much hectic actions. They had to cut you open to remove your appendix before it burst, so for now, just rest." Jaemi smiled re-assuringly.

Woori sighed as she nodded miserably. "Anyways, I will go back home and take some of your clothes and your laptop, so you wouldn't be so bored." Jaemi said as she stood up to leave. "Sungyeol, stay here—" Jaemi said but got interrupted by Sunggyu. "No Sungyeol, go with Jaemi. I need to talk to Woori, alone." he said. "But you'll kill her!" he whined. "Shut up with that whining, i'm not going to kill her, so just go." Sunggyu said firmly.

Seeing that Sunggyu was serious about this, Sungyeol nodded curtly as he left the ward with Jaemi.

The awkward silence was a killer as the two; fiance and fiancee, looked at each other. "Why are you here? You're the last person I expect to see." Woori said. "Is the bed comfortable? Does this ward look nice?" Sunggyu asked, skipping her question. Woori nodded quietly as she examined the room. "Good, cause i'm paying for this ward so shut up about not expecting to see me here." Sunggyu hissed as he sat down beside her.

"You were supposed to go for an event with me tomorrow and now you can't because of your stupid dance obsession." Sunggyu flicked her forehead, earning a glare from the latter. "Because of you, it has been 2 months since i've last danced, and now because of you, I won't be able to dance for the next 7 months!" Woori yelled but groaned as the pain attacked her abdomen again. "Hah, see. Continue shouting." Sunggyu mocked.

Woori sulked as she kept shut this time. The two actually kept their mouth shut and the awkward silence returned. "Anyways—" Woori cleared reluctantly. "I apologize. For yesterday. I admit that what I had said was harsh, and for that, I apologize." Woori said. "Can you say you're sorry instead of being so classic?" Sunggyu rolled his eyes. "Fine, fine. I'm sorry. Geez, you happy now?" Woori snapped. "Very." Sunggyu said as he shot up from his seat with a recorder in his hand.

He pressed the play buttom which let out what Woori had said earlier on. "I apologize. For yesterday. I admit that what I had said was harsh—" Woori took her pillow and threw it at Sunggyu who dodged it easily. "Ya!" she shouted, wincing in pain for the 3rd time today. "Just you wait Sunggyu. I'm so going to burn that once I get out of here." Woori warned as she pointed an accusing finger at the latter, making Sunggyu laugh uncontrollably.

And that was when she had realized that she was observing Sunggyu's laugh, no—, she was trying to make him laugh all this while. Woori dropped her arm and laughed along with him, not knowing why she did, but she did, and of course, the pain returned for the 4th time; now.

 


 

ooooooooo hi. I was actually gonna write more, but it wouldn't be nice to stop at there, so I stopped here for now, i'll continue in the next chapter so be sure to anticipate :D and Sungyeol&Jaemi are blossoming, how lovely <3 should I continue to make more OTPs? Nah, I think one sideline OTP is enough haha. If I finish this story, i'll post a one-shot regarding to Sungyeol and Jaemi!

-Mi Eun