twenty-two

You're Cold, Milady

" Betrayal " —;


 

Woori was forcing down the hospital food before she gripped on her glass of water, not being able to handle it anymore. "The food......" she groaned and immediately gushed water down . She flipped to the next page of Sunggyu's math textbook before taking another mouthful of porridge. "So basically, the hire-purchase is another term to pay by instalments? Hmm, interesting." Woori was about to flip to the next page again when the door to her ward opened.

"Oh Sunggyu ya! Come come, test me." Woori said, patting on the seat next to the bed. "Well, you seem enthusiastic." Sunggyu chuckled softly before he sat next to Woori, loosening his tight tie. "You're not in uniform today." Woori pointed. "Well, didn't you said you hated seeing me in uniform? So there, i'm in a suit. Better?" he winked. "You did not just wink at me..." she gasped in horror before she slapped herself in the face. "Get a grip Nam Woori."

The test Sunggyu prepared ended fast since Woori really did take the initiative to study Sunggyu's textbook, and that made him happy. "I heard from the doctor that you're going to be discharged next week..." He began slowly as he nervously sat down. "Yeah. Why?" Woori asked curiously before she continued eating. "Uhh..." she looked up after finally noticing his unstable and nervous tone. "What's wrong?" she asked again. Woori thought that Sunggyu has been acting quite strange lately.

"You know, after you get discharged, can you come with me to a club in Jeonju?" he asked. Woori choked on her food when she heard his question. Just what on Earth...? "Eh?!" she shrieked once she finally gulped down her food. "But wait, isn't Jeonju your hometown?" Woori said, earning a small nod from the latter. "It's just that, Howon, Dongwoo and Sungjong are going to bring their friends and I thought that I should bring someone too." he said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Okay, chingu. I'll come with you." Woori said, flashing him a teasing smile. "Chingu? Ya i'm your fiance!" Sunggyu exclaimed. "By a contract that is. If Howon, Dongwoo and Sungjong are bringing their friends and you're bringing me, doesn't that count me as your friend?" Woori raised an eyebrow. "Oh...yeah. Right." he immediately nodded in embarrassment.

"And i'll only come on one condition." she crossed her arms as she smirked. "And that is...?"

"PLEASE BRING ME GOOD FOOD."

 


 

Jaemi blushed when she saw her boyfriend waiting for her outside her class. Her class woah-ed, wondering who was the handsome dude waiting for, well, Sungyeol is ranked as one of the most good looking males in the school, and Myungsoo is ranked right above him. "Wah, Sungyeol oppa is so handsome, who do you think he's waiting for? Me maybe?" one girl said dreamily while Jaemi softly chuckled at her.

Jaemi's class finally ended and her classmates was waiting for whoever Sungyeol was waiting for and once they saw Jaemi going into Sungyeol's arms, they exploded in cheers and claps. "You two looked so good together!" one guy yelled before giving a long 'wooooo'. Of course, there was negative remarks too, but since Sungyeol was there, Jaemi never got to take those seriously because no matter what they say, Sungyeol loves her and she loves him.

"Let's go eat some ice cream shall we?" Sungyeol asked as he intertwined their fingers, making another blush creep up to Jaemi's face. "Sungyeol ah, I have violin lessons today, so I can't." she pouted. "Ah, don't worry. I'll wait for you, i'll just head up to the photography studio and see how Myungsoo's doing. You go do your stuff okay?" Sungyeol smiled. Gosh her boyfriend was Godsend. Jaemi nodded gleefully before she tip toed to peck his cheeks, flustering him in every way possible.

He watched her turn away as she waved at him, everything was in slow motion and thus, her beauty was enhanced in one glance. The way her flawless hair in pony tail followed her head when she turned, the way her fingers seemed so pretty when she spreaded them wide when she waved at him, the way her short skirt—

The bell rang, snapping Sungyeol out of his trance and almost drooling-over-his-girlfriend session. Damn his girlfriend was Godsend. Just when he was about to turn to the lift, he spotted a familiar looking face, all dressed up in a furry coat, skinny leather jeans and killer stilettos. "Han Seungyeon!" Sungyeol hollered, catching her attention. "Sungyeol oppa!" Seungyeon exclaimed before she walked towards him, her stilettos clicking the floor annoyingly. Sungyeol cringed when she called him that, but he couldn't do anything anyways. Seungyeon was his bestfriend in middle school.

"What are you doing here?" he immediately asked. Seungyeon should be in America by now, fulfilling her dance career which was given by the competition that Woori lost. "I'm on my break and I decided to visit Korea! Ah, I missed this place so much." she mumbled. "No, I mean, what are you doing here, in my school?" he asked again, finding it suspicious because Seungyeon would never visit this school, that is unless she is finding for— "I'm searching for Sunggyu, have you seen him anywhere?" she asked, immediately completing his inner answer.

"Why are you searching for him?" Sungyeol was wary of Seungyeon, even though she is only a harmless girl, but she can be cunning like a fox if she wants to. "I want to talk things out with him and clear the misunderstanding. That's it. Seeing how you're asking me alot of questions, I assume you know where he is." Sungyeol hated it whenever she had a sudden strong comeback like that. He can never win against her. "He is at Seoul National Hospital to see—" "Thanks." Seungyeon cut him off abruptly before walking away.

"Sheesh when she wants a favor she's all like 'Sungyeol oppa!' and and then she changes her attitude immediately. What a ." Sungyeol spat sulkily, glaring at her back.

 


 

There was an awkward silence between Sunggyu and Woori and for the first time, they didn't know what to say as they ate their food. Woori didn't have any other option besides porridge but at least the porridge Sunggyu bought for her is better than the hospital's porridge. "Why did you ask me to go to the club with you?" Woori asked, blurting out whatever she had in mind. "I told you, I wanted to bring a friend along." Sunggyu answered. "Then why not bring Sungyeol?" she raised an eyebrow. Ha, how is he going to answer that?

Sunggyu has totally forgotten about Sungyeol, . He quickly racked his mind for an answer, but then suddenly, the door opened. On instinct, the two raised their heads from their food to look at the unexpected visitor. "Unnie annyeonghaseyo!" the two unfamiliar girls bowed as they smiled gleefully. They had bags in their hands and looking at their uniform, they weren't from Woori's school.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you guys?" Woori asked, trying to archive her brain if she has seen these two girls before. "Uh no, we want to introduce ourselves but..." the two gave an uneasy look towards Sunggyu, probably not daring to ask him to get out. Seeing that the two girls have no bad intentions, Woori let out a small chuckle. "Sunggyu, do you mind excusing yourself for a while?" she asked. Sunggyu widened his eyes a little before he looked at the two girls, finally understanding. "Oh sure sure." he stood up and quickly left the ward in awkwardness.

"Is it okay for you two now?" Woori asked, earning a nod from the both of them. "We are your fans! Actually there was a small fanclub created for you ever since the D4LG competition. I'm the president and she, is the vice president of the club." The girl with the pony tail pointed towards the other. "We were all talking about how you were the one that should've won the competition instead of Han Seungyeon, our fanclub would've been bigger if you were to debut in America but then we keep track of your performances outside school and also as a back up dancer for Infinite H and then suddenly one day, you disappeared like poof. We wondered what has happened to you, and then we realized that you're here." she frowned.

Woori didn't know why, but she burst into laughter. She laughed so hard that the pain of the stitch came back, but even then, she continued to laugh, not being able to contain herself. "There is a fanclub for me? That is just unbelievable." Woori mumbled before bursting into another round of laughter. When she finally calmed down, the two girls decided to introduce themselves. "I'm Jung Yein, the president and she's Ryu Sujeong, the vice president. We're actually going to audition for Woollim shortly after this so..." she paused.

"Good luck!" Woori cheered as she smiled. "Thank you so much unnie." Sujeong bowed before she handed over the two bags to Woori. "We bought chicken essence and some vitamins for you, we wish on your speedy recovery and we hope you see you dancing on stage in no time, get well soon." Sujeong continued. "We have to go now, don't want to be late. Like what Sujeong said, get well soon unnie!" the two bowed politely before leaving the ward.

"Yein ssi." Woori said, stopping the girl in her track. "Can you call the man in on your way out?" Woori asked. Yein opened the door of the ward and looked outside. "But he isn't here anymore though." Yein said. "Oh really? Alright thanks." she nodded and looked at the cabinet beside her bed. Sunggyu took his bag but he left his phone and food here. "Did he really leave?" she sighed, picking up his phone and pressing the home button, lighting up the phone.

The lock screen picture shocked her which explains why she dropped his phone back onto the cabinet. The picture was no other than Sunggyu giving a very passionate peck on a girl's cheek. He looked happily in love and Woori didn't know how she could recognize the girl almost immediately. It was Han Seungyeon.

 

"Oppa, come to America with me. Please." she begged as she hugged his arm. Sunggyu had to use all his will power to push her away, he didn't want to fall back in love with her, not after what she has done to him. He tried so hard to send her away again and now she's back, again. Why is she making it so hard for him to move on? "I don't want to. I don't want to!" he yelled, earning stares from people around them.

He gripped onto her wrist and dragged her to the empty part of the garden. "What's your problem Seungyeon? Why are you back here again? Why do you keep bothering me. Just why?" he asked, desperately needing the answer. "Because I love you. I still love you Sunggyu ah and I know you feel the same. I can see it in your eyes." Seungyeon said, her voice was trembling despite the confidence in her statement.

Seungyeon was feeling uneasy when Sunggyu was giving her a hard stare as though he was mentally killing her. "Sunggyu oppa, say something. Please—" Sunggyu cut her off by slamming his lips onto hers, gripping tightly on her jaw, kissing her as though his life depended on it. It was a hard yet sloppy kiss but Seungyeon has waited for this chance for way too long. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down as she daringly deepen the already deep kiss.

Many things ran through Sunggyu's mind during the kiss. Mother, father. Woori...WOORI. His eyes immediately shot open when he realized how wrong this was. No matter how much Sunggyu loves Seungyeon, he can't do this, this is just wrong. He has responsibilities, he has a title to uphold, he has an image to keep right and he has Woori to...keep safe.

He pushed her away.

"Han Seungyeon, you better stop ing with my mind. Get this clear, I don't care if I still love you, I just don't want to love you anymore because you're the sick that abandoned me. So stop ing with me and just leave me alone." and with that, Sunggyu ran back inside the hospital. He was disgusted with himself. He wanted to be friends with Woori no— He wanted to have feelings for her. Right then, he was confused. When the image of Woori came to his mind, it made his heart jump excitedly and when Seungyeon came to his mind, it did made his heart jump, but it was more of a heartache.

He didn't know what to do.

Kim Sunggyu was confused.

He saw Woori walking in front of him, head hung low as she slowly made her way up the stairs. Wait— isn't she supposed to be in her ward right now?! What is she doing walking around like that? For the first time, Sunggyu was scared. "Nam Woori." he said softly, but loud enough for her to hear, especially when she was in front of him with her back faced towards him a few meters away.

Woori didn't respond to him which frightened him even more. "Nam Woori." he said a little louder as he quickened his pace. "Nam Woori!" he hollered and finally, she stopped walking. Sunggyu walked towards her and turned her to him. She had that same expression the day when she met him for the first time. It was hard, cold and most of all, it scared Sunggyu.

"Nam Woori, what are you doing out of your ward—"

"That was quite a show there, sunbaenim."

Sunggyu was at lost of words when she called him that. Even during the period when Woori hated him, she rarely called him sunbaenim and now, she's calling him that as though she doesn't even know him.

"And i'm indeed, impressed." Woori took out his phone and handed it over to him, specifically pressing on the home button to purposely light up the phone to show the lock screen picture.

"Thank you." and with that, she turned and left Sunggyu there in the midst of all the people in the hospital; alone and cold. She has witnessed the entire scene whilst hiding in the bushes. From Seungyeon's dirty confession to Sunggyu's hard kiss that turned out like a ual make out. She was disgusted with it all.

And she didn't even know why there was this sense of betrayal,

that hit her so hard like a bullet.

 


 

Helllo everybody! It has been one month! I know, sorry :c I was having writer's block and everything I wrote seemed too cheesy when this was supposed to be an angst fic which explains the cold ending of this chapter LMAO. Sorry for the wait everyone, I hope you'll anticipate on the next c: till then, annyeong!

P.s  Don't worry, I'll make Myungsoo appear soon (;

-Mi Eun