twenty-four

You're Cold, Milady

" Everything Nice and Sweet " —;


 

For the past 6 hours, Sunggyu was nothing but a baby. Woori couldn't leave either since she was the reason why he was acting like a baby in the first place. Apparently instead of going home, the two went to Sunggyu's apartment in Hongdae which was on the other side of Seoul. He didn't want to go home because he knew what awaits him at home.

The devil.

"Sunggyu, it's late. Do you want to stay here?" Woori asked. Sunggyu nodded his head slowly without speaking. He was giving hand signs, pouting, shaking his head cutely which made Woori have second thoughts about him. Is he really Kim Sunggyu? Or did a cute ghost possess him? "I have to go. It's 8pm and my parents are returning home from their world tour." Woori said and got up from the couch, only to be pulled back by Sunggyu in which she landed right on his lap.

"Since when did you start to take note about your parents schedule?" and that was his first decent sentence for the past 6 hours. "I...I don't..." she stuttered in the heat of the moment. "Can't you just stay here?" he asked softly. Woori sighed as she shifted herself to a more comfortable position. "Alright, but don't let this be known to others because—" "Who cares. We're engaged anyways." Sunggyu cut her off shortly. Woori blinked at him in shock. How can he be so carefree about this? Didn't he despise the engagement?

Suddenly, he stood up and walked to the small cabinet beside his bed and took out a purple velvet box. "My goodness, don't tell me that is what I think it is..." Woori mumbled. Sunggyu let out a small chuckle before he opened the box, revealing two shining rings, one bigger than the other. "I am so not going to wear that." she said. "How dare you? It's 3 carats!" Sunggyu exclaimed jokingly. He took out the bigger ring and slipped it on his third finger before taking Woori's hand in which she pulled away immediately.

"No Sunggyu. I ain't going to wear that." she snapped. Right after she rejected him, he immediately pouted and clasped two hands together. "Please? Wear it for me?" he pleaded. "HOLY SUNGGYU WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" Woori screamed, terrified before she ran to the bed and grabbed a pillow and smacked Sunggyu in the face. "Who are you and what have you done to Kim Sunggyu for the past 6 hours?" she shrieked, holding up her pillow for defence.

"I am Kim Sunggyu and I have not done anything to Kim Sunggyu for the past 6 hours. And now you just triggered the most dangerous thing you could ever trigger." He said darkly, which made Woori felt a little relieve to know that Sunggyu wasn't mentally unstable because of the breakdown. In a flash, Sunggyu grabbed another pillow before hitting her in the face when she had her guard down. She fell back in the bed and blew her fringe up. "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!" and with that, she jumped up and started chasing Sunggyu around the apartment as he went up and down the bed trying to get away from her and smack her with the pillow at the same time.

Suddenly Woori winced in pain as she collapsed on the floor, holding her stomach. She remembered her doctor advising her not to do too much physical activities as her stitch hasn't fully heal yet. "You naughty girl. This is what you get from playing too much." Sunggyu wagged a finger at her. "WHAT— OUCHHHHHH." she screamed as she shut her eyes as tight as she could to endure the pain. The floor felt so hard and cold but then suddenly, she felt as if she was in the air.

Opening her eyes, she gasped when she realized that Sunggyu was carrying her. "Ya Sunggyu..." Woori said uneasily. Sunggyu placed Woori gently onto the bed and stuck his tongue out at her. "Well, it seems that you need the rest more than I do. And now since you can't move..." he smirked mischievously as he reached out for that purple velvet box. "Ya!! I don't want to wear it." Woori whined. "You have no choice babe." Sunggyu let out a sinister laugh but stopped when Woori looked at him weirdly.

"What did you just call me?" she asked. As if he was caught red handed, he gulped and stepped away from her. "Call you? W-what did I call you? I didn't call you anything." he denied, pretending to look somewhere else. "Oh really..." Woori said softly as she squinted her eyes at him suspiciously. Sunggyu quickly took this chance to slip the ring on her third finger. "AHH WHYYYYYY!!!" she continued to whine like a child which made Sunggyu laugh.

He placed his hand next to hers and smiled. "The ring suits you. It looks pretty on you." Sunggyu remarked and smiled at her. Woori was lost when she saw his smile. His smile seemed so genuine and happy and she felt as though she has never seen it before. She didn't really care about the diamond on her finger, but Sunggyu's smile was the diamond to her. "Why were you always frowning and pulling that poker face when your smiles are so heartwarming?" Woori asked.

Sunggyu immediately dropped it when he realized he was smiling all along. He hasn't smiled for that long in such a long time, sure he smiled when he was with his friends, but he never actually felt any happier than today. What exactly made him happy today? Was it the fact that Woori was by his side? Or was it the fact that Woori shined brighter than the 3 carat diamond ring on her finger?

His thoughts were interrupted by the door bell. He stood up to see who it was and when he did, he almost choked on his saliva. Sunggyu glanced at Woori before looking back at the screen which clearly displays that face which he was so sickly familiar of. "Open the door." Woori shrugged. Sunggyu was mentally debating with himself whether to open the door or not. "Fine if you're not going to open the door, i'm breaking in." he heard her mumbled before he widened his eyes, but it was too late.

"Oh? Sunggyu oppa? You're home? Then why didn't you open the door?" Seungyeon asked before she noticed that there was somebody else in the apartment. "Nam Woori?" she pointed at the girl in the bed who was as shock as she was. "Oppa, what is Nam Woori doing in your bed? In your apartment and what are you guys wearing...?" she mumbled as her eyes slowly trailed at their rings. "Seungyeon, i'm not your oppa anymore. And you can't just barge into my apartment like that." Sunggyu said sternly, not wanting to fall for her tricks again.

"What do you mean you're not my oppa anymore? Are you cheating on me with that ?" Seungyeon asked, terrified. "What?!" Woori shrieked before getting out of the bed, not caring if her stitch was hurting her or not. "Han Seungyeon!" Sunggyu raised his voice which made the two girls flinch at his loudness. "I was never yours from the beginning. Remember. YOU abandoned me and what's wrong with Woori being here? We're engaged. Can't you see?" with that, he lifted Woori's hand up, revealing the shining engagement ring that the two had.

Seungyeon kept silent as the tears trickled down her cheeks before she gave Sunggyu a tight slap across the face. "Remember, it's your loss." and then, he her heels and stormed out of the apartment.

It was silent when Woori looked at Sunggyu to observe him and all Sunggyu said was, "If you want to leave too, you can." Though not many can sense it, she could sense the sulkiness in his tone. He was being a baby again. "I'm not mad, i'm not surprised...that's all." Woori smiled whole-heartedly as she carassed the cheek which Seungyeon slapped earlier on.

Sunggyu could feel the roughness of the ring on her finger when she caressed his face, and that brightened him up and soon, a smile followed up. "There you go. Smiling suits you more. No wonder you look like a grandpa, you keep frowning all day." Woori teased.

"What?!"

 


 

Myungsoo gripped on the letter as he sighed. He never knew that this day would come. The day when his talents got him an opportunity. He got invited to study photography at Paris and this opportunity was too good to throw away. Besides, he has nothing to lose even if he leaves now. He has no parents and Woori is not really his anymore. So probably this was a chance to give him a break. "Have you told Woori yet?" Wooin asked. "I wanted to tell her this afternoon, but I didn't had the chance to." Myungsoo said, looking up from the paper, face full of worries.

"Don't be too concerned about it Myungsoo, just do a good job in fulfilling your career. Woori can wait. This hyung will support you till the end alrights?" Wooin reassured as he patted the younger one on the shoulder.

 

Holding the camera tightly, he captured another picture of the beautiful scenery at the Seoul Pacific Park. At this time, everyone would be sleeping, so it was the best timing to capture the best night sceneries. "For 17 years, you didn't realize how much I loved you." Myungsoo started to narrate his miserable life as he snapped pictures so that way, his pictures would always have a sense of nostalgia. "When I was younger, I thought that once we grew a little older, you would be mine. I was right, only for a short while, and then you jumped into the hands of another person through a contract." he captured another.

"Who knew that you would actually fall in love with him." Myungsoo mumbled as he sighed. He put his camera down, wanting to search another place to photograph but once he turned around, he got scared real bad that he almost peed in his pants. "What on earth!!!" He jumped back, trembling from what he just saw.

"You...why...did you cheat on me?! I...I didn't abandon you...ughh..." Myungsoo raised an eyebrow as he stepped closer and right then, the girl flipped her hair back, revealing her face which made him sigh in relief. "Oh, you're just some drunk woman...I almost thought you were a ghost. But miss, are you okay?" he asked worriedly as he examined her face. "Hmm strange, you seem familiar..." Myungsoo mumbled.

"Why did you get engaged..." and with that, she burst into tears, her crying echoed the whole empty park which scared him even more. "Shhhhhh!" he hissed at her. If she isn't going to shut the hell up, the police would arrive in no time. "Agasshi! Keep it down will you?!" Myungsoo groaned but the girl still wouldn't stop her loud crying. Myungsoo had no choice but to tie his scarf around to shut her up before piggybacking her out of the park.

He didn't want to get fined for loitering after midnight no way.

 

Myungsoo quickly put her down at those 24 hour dubbeoki store, panting from all that running. "Sheesh, you're heavy." he remarked insultingly before taking off his scarf from , only to be found it soaked with her saliva and her tears. "Ew...ugh, you can keep it." Myungsoo grimaced as he tied back his scarf onto her neck.

The girl stirred up from her sleep and finally opened her eyes, seeing an unfamiliar face in front of her. "Hmm? Who are you ahjussi?" she asked. "Eh??! Ahjussi? Excuse me miss, but I think I look even younger than you." Myungsoo said, annoyed. "Where am I?" she mumbled, her eyes still closed cause she was too sleepy. "Here young man, your dubbeoki." the ahjumma said as she placed the plate of spicy rice cakes in front of him. Myungsoo softly thanked her before starting to eat.

"Oh...ahjumma, bring one bottle of soju here please." the girl said, realizing where she was. "Are you even legal to drink?" Myungsoo questioned emotionlessly. "Of course I am ahjussi. I'm 20 years old y'know..." she chuckled and flashed a lazy smile. "You better stop calling me ahjussi because reality check, i'm younger than you ahjumma. I'm 18! 18!" he snapped in irritation. "Oh whatever. You're so noisy you handsome young boy." she smirked.

"Ew did an ahjumma just tried to flirt with me?" he grimaced in disgust. "Ya!" the girl yelled at him before sticking her tongue out at him. The soju bottle arrived and the girl lazily opened it and poured it in a cup before gulping it down in one shot. "Hmm...c'mon. Drink with me. It's not fun to drink alone." she urged. "Are you crazy? I'm not legal yet." Myungsoo said softly. "Ayeee...by the looks of your face, I know you've drank before. C'mon, drink with me." she urged once more.

Myungsoo sighed and rolled his eyes before picking up a cup from the side of the table and placing it in front of the bottle. "Now that's what i'm talking about." she smirked and filled the cup up with the korean vodka. Myungsoo eyed at the girl before drinking the cup in one shot. "See I knew it, now let's start with introducing ourselves. I am Eswai(S.Y), what's your name?" she asked, her eyes having that drunken glint.

"What the hell? Eswai? Then I'm L." he scoffed as he gulped down another cup. "Ooo looks like we have a heavy drinker here." SY chuckled before she sighed. "Is it wrong if there was an emergency one day and you had to leave your love one and the country without notice and that day is coincidentally his mother's death day? Is it wrong? Is it that wrong when there is an emergency?" SY cried. Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at her sudden revealation but he continued to listen anyways.

SY kept going on and on about it as they ordered more and more bottles of soju and then it was Myungsoo's turn to rant and he stupidly did since he was drunk enough to do that and the mainstream thing that happens is that the two passed out on the table, in which they did, but at a very wrong timing.

 


 

"You know, you should smile more too. You're just like me, frowning and pulling that poker face all the time." Sunggyu pointed out. "Ha...I remembered the time when I had to personally pass you the participation form for the dance competition. I was the 'i hate everyone' type of person, so it wasn't really easy." Woori said, snuggling up a small smile. Sunggyu felt sort of deja vu and suddenly, a part of his childhood flashed back into his mind.

He froze when he realized the possibilities. "Woori, could you stand 2 meters away from me and tell me your name as if you don't know me? Oh and add a small smile while you're at it." Sunggyu said, lightly pushing her in front. "What ever for?" Woori raised an eyebrow weirdly at him. "Please..." Sunggyu pouted and gave her the exact same puppy dog eyes that he has been using on her the entire day now. "Oh fine fine..." Woori agreed as she stepped 2 meters away from Sunggyu.

As if on cue, "Wait!"

Woori looked up at him, tilting her head a little. "Hmm?" Sunggyu felt the memories slowly start to piece in as the detailed actions proved it. "Whats your name?" he asked. "My name is Woori. Nam Woori." and true enough, Woori, too, felt a wave of deja vu wash over her as she furrowed her eyebrows to find that archived memory in her head and when she did, she looked at Sunggyu with widened eyes and so did he.

"You remembered? Me and my mom chased those bullies away!" he said excitedly. "Oh my god! It's you?! That smiling gleeful kid is this arrogant, cold, cynical guy?! Unbelievable!" Woori exclaimed in disbelief. "I never knew that cute looking kid is this rough and obnoxious girl too." Sunggyu teased back.

Woori subconsciously pouted as she turned away and blowed heat in her hands. The wind got even stronger which made Woori shiver from her thin clothing and bare hands. "And you are stupid enough not to wear an extra jacket." Sunggyu rolled his eyes before taking off his coat and putting it on for her before zipping up till . He pulled over the hoodle and tightened it around her face, making her face look really small and cute.

"And as for your hands..." Sunggyu looked at his gloves. "Sorry but I can't afford lending you my gloves. My hands are cold too." he stuck a tongue out at her. "Hey! Did I even ask you?!" Woori rolled her eyes as she sulked. "But what I can do is this..." He mumbled and secretly smiled before interlocking his fingers with hers and putting it in his pocket. "My goodness, you're like those cheesy male leads in dramas." Woori groaned. "But you're not complaining." he pointed out which shut her up.

Sunggyu smiled gratefully as he looked at her. "And you're the female lead in MY drama."

"EWWWWWWW!!!"

 


 

The two arrived to a warm place and decided to get some midnight(over) snack before heading back home. "Ahjumma nim!" Woori called out in a sweet voice. "Well hello there, how may I help this sweet couple?" the ahjumma smiled. "2 plates of dubbeoki please." Sunggyu said. "Alright, have a seat first." the ahjumma said before turning the heater up to heat the cold dubbeoki.

When Woori and Sunggyu was searching for a seat, a drunk guy just dropped from his seat unconscious, blocking their path. "What on earth? How can someone get so drunk like that?" Woori shook her head before walking over the guy but froze when she saw his face. Shortly after, the girl at the table also fell from her chair, facing the guy as the two slept peacefully on the ground.

And that was when the two dropped their jaws at the two person in front of them.

"MYUNGSOO?!"

"SEUNGYEON?!"

 


 

THIS CHAPTER IS SO FLUFFY THAT I'M GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. SORRY FOR THE OVER-FLUFF GUYS. But just so you know, Sunggyu and Woori aren't actually in a relationship but let's say that they like each other, not really too deep in love but it's like a like-like sorta thing, like at the very very beginning of a relationship that kind of like. Yep. It's past my bedtime and I have school tomorrow eue, bye guys! Comments and subscribers are loved and appreciated!

-Mi Eun