seven

You're Cold, Milady

" Born-day " —;


 

Sunggyu entered the big doors of his mansion, still thinking about that particular smack Woori gave him. It felt so bitter, yet a little sweet. "What am I thinking. Have you gone mad Kim Sunggyu?" he chuckled towards himself pathetically. His eyes caught sight of a particular man, but Sunggyu ignored him, wanting to just go upstairs to his room. "Is this how you greet your father?" the man thundered. Sunggyu sighed before he turned towards his father. "Hello, father." he greeted, and turned away.

"Sit down." Mr Kim ordered. Sunggyu clenched his fist, hating how his father always ordered him around when he clearly doesn't have the right to, I mean, he doesn't even act like a father. Sunggyu bit back his angry and sat on the sofa opposite his father. "How are your studies?" Mr Kim asked. "Good." Sunggyu replied immediately but flatly.

"How are your friends?"

"Good."

"How is your health?"

"Good."

"How is your girlfriend?"

"Good— I don't have a girlfriend." Sunggyu glared at him. "You've been sticking around Nam Woori recently." Mr Kim said. "What? Please, I detest her." he scoffed. But did he really detest her? He wasn't sure, he didn't know why was Myungsoo's camera still inside his room, he thought that he'd threw it away the next day. "I wasn't objecting. Stick with her." Mr Kim continued.

"I'm not sticking with her, wait what? You want me to stick with her?" Sunggyu eyed his father suspiciously. "Yeah. At least be friends. Then i'll be going Sunggyu ah." Mr Kim gave his son an assuring smile before he stood up from the sofa and left the house. "Why would father suddenly want me to be friends with Nam Woori?" Sunggyu mumbled to himself, he was filled with suspicion because his father wouldn't ask him to be specifically friends with someone for nothing.

"What can I actually gain from being friends with Woori?" Sunggyu thought hard in his fathers' point of view. "Nothing. Well I guess father must've bumped his head on the wall or something." he scoffed before he stood up from the sofa and went up to his room.

He took Myungsoo's camera, wanting to throw it away, but he felt like he would regret it. Those amazing pictures of Nam Woori, just why, why on Earth would Kim Sunggyu want them? "My mind must've snapped from Woori's smack." he chuckled before eyeing the DSLR. Suddenly, his door burst open, revealing a very anxious servant. "Young master, there's someone outside the gates making a ruckus and he insists on seeing you." she said.

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. Is he one of Sunggyu's haters? He walked down to the main gates with the DSLR in hand, forgetting to put it back in his room. He looked at the man at the other side curiously. "Kim Myungsoo, why are you here?" Sunggyu asked. "T-that. I want my camera back. I've saved enough to replace the missing camera, just give it back." Myungsoo said, reaching his hands out in between the gaps of the gate. Sunggyu laughed at how pathetic he was.

"Alright, i'll give it back to you." Sunggyu smiled, secretly taking out the memory card from the camera before slipping it in his pocket. "Really?" Myungsoo looked surprise at how easily Sunggyu gave in. He watched Sunggyu as he pushed the camera through the gaps of the gates. Myungsoo picked the camera up, eyeing it suspiciously. He tried to switch it on.

"There is no memory card!"

Myungsoo blinked at the words on the camera before he looked at Sunggyu. "Sunbae, where is the memory card? Why is it missing? DId you take it?" Myungsoo asked as he gripped onto the camera hardly. Sunggyu smirked at him. "Not my problem." and with that, he walked off.

 


 

"Why are you whining like a child? It's just a memory card, the pictures you took previously may be gone, but you can take new ones right?" Woori said, Myungsoo's head in process. Myungsoo could only pout as he looked at her with those cute puppy dog eyes. "Hey I can't do anything about it." she shrugged. "Why do you like to my head?" he asked, curious. "Just cause, you're cute?" Woori smiled shyly.

"You smiled! I swear you rarely smile nowadays because of the upcoming dance competition." Myungsoo frowned. "Well, i'm still preparing." she sighed. "Did you forget who I was? Nam Woori, the coldest in this whole school. Female version of Kim Sunggyu, minus off the obnoxious and arrogant chaebol." she continued. "That's a different Nam Woori, my Nam Woori is bubbly, kind, pretty and caring. Oh and have I told you? She is so good in dancing!" Myungsoo smiled.

"Hey! Since when did I become yours?" Woori pouted. "Um, well, we're really close that we treat each other like brothers and sisters right? And brothers are their sisters' and sisters are their brothers'." Myungsoo blabbered on with his nonsensical excuse while Woori just laughed, but it all got interrupted by a phone call. "Hey I think I gotta return to practice. Howon is calling me." Woori said as she stood up. "I'm getting jealous, you hang out with Howon and Dongwoo more than you hang out with me." Myungsoo plucked his lower lips.

"Ey, they're having their comeback soon and you know that. Once this and the upcoming dance competition is over, i'll hang out with you from morning to night okay? I'll never whine that i'm tired." Woori reassured. "Alright, you promised." Myungsoo voluntarily hooked his pinkie with hers and smiled. "Ah by the way, one picture. Pleaseeeeee." he begged. "Oh alright alright." Woori smiled widely as Myungsoo captured the picture.

"I can go now right?"

"Yeah yeah, take care of yourself, don't get hurt and dance well! And be home as soon as possible!" he smiled.

Woori found it weird for him to ask her to be home asap because he didn't actually have the 'right' to since he doesn't stay at her house. "Okay, see you later bestie." and with that, she ran off. Myungsoo sighed before looking at his camera. Oh how precious was Woori's smile to him.

Woori ran back to the dance studio, only to see it empty. "Eh? Didn't Howon call me back so that we can continue?" Woori scratched her head cluelessly. "Where did everybody go...today's training hasn't even ended yet..." she mumbled as she looked at the clock. There was still 2 hours left. Suddenly, the door opened. "Ah okay okay, I get it. Thank you, bye." the guy said on the phone before hanging up, that was when he realized that someone else was in the room with him.

"Kim Sunggyu what are you doing here again?" she asked. "Howon called me here. What are you doing here? Training has ended." Sunggyu hissed. "Eh? Howon called me here too!" Woori looked at the man curiously and then suddenly, the lights went off.

"Saengil chukkha habnida

saengil chukkha habnida

saranghaneun sung-ri

saengil chukkha habnida"

Sunggyu blinked at the only light source which were the candles on the cake Howon was holding, and behind Howon was Dongwoo and Sungjong. The lights went back on, as Sunggyu continued to stare at the 3 of them. "Its your birthday idiot. Have you forgotten once again?" Sungjong rolled his eyes. Woori too blinked at them. "And why did you guys call me here to celebrate my enemy's birthday?" she asked, earning a knock on the head from Sunggyu.

"I know we're enemies, but you totally ruined the mood there." he glared. "Woori you forgot too?" Dongwoo blinked at her. "Forgot what?" Woori blinked back. "Isn't it your birthday today too? I saw it in your profile." Woori looked up and thought. "What the hell...I can't believe I forgot my own birthday, no wonder Myungsoo told me to come home asap." she mentally strangled herself for being so forgetful.

"Do you guys seriously have that much of a short term memory? That you couldn't even remember the date that you were born?" Hoya half frowned. "I can't believe we share the same birthday." Sunggyu glared at the girl. "Neither can I. And I don't like it." Woori glared back. "Will you two shut it and learn to be friends? Sheesh it was like you guys were born to be enemies." Sungjong rolled his eyes AGAIN.

The next thing they knew, Sunggyu and Woori were seated next to each other with a plate of chocolate cake in front of them, while the other 3 were gobbling down the delicious cake. "Ya why aren't you guys eating? The cake is delicious I tell ya." Dongwoo said. "Howon ssi, may I ask how the schedule paper I have said that the training ends at 8 today?" Woori raised an eyebrow.

"Ey, cut the formality. When I celebrate your birthday, it means you're my friend. And I switched it with a fake one after I planned this. Don't worry, all the other dates are real." Hoya mumbled with his mouth full of cake. The latter shook her head, wondering what those fangirls even see in these 2, but nevertheless, it made Hoya look a little cute, like a little child. "My birthday is totally ruined because of you guys." Sunggyu scoffed. "Why." the other 4 chorused.

"Because you invited this...this...THING HERE!!" Sunggyu said sarcastically as he pointed horribly at Woori, making her stand up from her seat. "Ya Kim Sunggyu!" Woori pulled him up by his hair. "Let go of my hair you !" he shrieked, making the 3 bystanders flinch at the sudden high pitch sound that they only thought Sungjong could make. "The smack I gave you wasn't hard enough huh?!" Woori yelled, raising a hand to smack him again, but this time, he grabbed her arm and laid his teeth on it. Yes, he bit her.

"AHHHHHHH!" she screamed as she tried to fling the 'leech' off, and when she did, she charged towards Sunggyu. "Ya! Isn't it enough already? My scalp hurts dammit!" Sunggyu groaned as he massaged his scalp, trying to avoid Woori in process. Woori finally got to smack his head, hard. "Ouch! What the hell is with you and your smacking?!" Sunggyu yelled. Woori swore she saw him pouting, even for a split second.

"They're going to kill themselves if we don't stop them." Dongwoo mumbled. "Meh who cares. They kill themselves, lesser problems for us." Hoya shrugged. "I agree. We can have this whole cake to ourselvessss." Sungjong beamed.

The two fighting 'cats' gripped each other by the collar, finally coming closely face to face. They glared into each others' eyes as if this was a glaring contest and whoever loses, dies. When the two couldn't take it anymore, they yelled at the top of their lungs.

"THIS IS THE WORST BIRTHDAY OF MY LIFE!!!"

"THIS IS THE WORST BIRTHDAY OF MY LIFE!!!"

 


 

I don't know if you guys got the mini crack at the end but yeah, it's suppose to be sarcastic and funny, it isn't really those really serious i-am-literally-gonna-kill-you fight so yeah. Since it was both their birthdays, they wouldn't wanna die right? And Sung-ri is their ship name xD haha. I named this chapter born-day instead of birthday was because I don't wanna let the readers know that this is suppose to be a birthday chapter, and birthday sounds quite gleeful for me, and this isn't a gleeful fic even tho i've added a little fluff and crack in it xD

-Mi Eun