chapter 2

The Guardian

 

I thought this story is far from good. i got a lot of assingment this week.. T.T..and i make this chapter as soon as possible. so, i'm sorry if this story doesn't come as you expected...^^v. please give me your comment..>o<

***

 

 

The following days, Jongwoon was in a trance. Sometimes he felt like dreaming, but the next thing he knew that he was fully awake. He couldn’t count how many days had passed. He felt pain in his entire body. It was the worst.
But, one day all the pain was gone. He felt his body stronger. He moved when a hand caressed his hair. He opened his eyes, but everything seemed a blur in his sight. He blinked several times to clear his view.
A very beautiful woman smiled at him. She said something, but Jongwoon couldn’t understand her language. The woman understood what was wrong so he pointed herself and said “Alicia.”
“Alicia” Jongwoon repeated. That was his first word. He was really thirsty till his throat hurt, he touched his throat, tried to make her understand what he felt. The woman’s mouth shaped ‘o’, then she reached a beautiful glass filled with a dark red liquid in the night table. He poured it into Jongwoon’s mouth. The taste was like a heaven. Jongwoon finished the liquid in one-shot. The woman smiled and gave him another glass.
That was the beginning. The following months, the woman taught him her language. They lived in the biggest house that Jongwoon has ever seen. All of the people around him were foreigners but they’re always kind toward him, especially Alicia. She was like his older sister was over-protective.
Days passed, he could somehow understand what they were talking about. The woman told him everything about his new life. She taught him how to get a human and their blood. He was told that he was special, just like Alicia. He was told that they were special because they were pure-bloods. He was also told about Count Dracula, the man who had changed him and the others pure-blooded – Heechul that he met. He also met Tairon, an American who was really kind toward him- including special one that could see the future, named Lizzy who was really mysterious. He was the last pure-blood that Count Dracula had created. Every time he met Count Dracula, he couldn’t decide that he hate him or not. He hated him because he killed his family, but he couldn’t hate him for giving him a new life where he was treated as a special one. His name was changed to Yesung for his new life.
Almost three hundreds year after he got his new life, war broke. Count Dracula killed lots of people; he made Rumania like hell. The Guardians couldn’t deal with it anymore. They declared a war against Count Dracula. After almost fifty years, the war was over. The Guardians and Lizzy, defeated Count Dracula. Then The Guardians took the role as the leader of the vampires all over the worlds because they were the only pure-blood; Heechul as a South Guardian, Alicia as the North Guardian, Tairon as the West Guardian, and Yesung as the East Guardian, whereas Lizzy, lived with Yesung. They lived separated in different countries. But then problem spread again, as Heechul betrayed them. He killed Alicia but failed to kill the rest, thanks to Lizzy’s vision. Heechul declared a war toward them. It turned to be the second worst war after the war against Count Dracula. Tairon was killed in that war. But they managed to kill Heechul, leaving Yesung and Lizzy as the last pure-bloods.
Since then, Yesung and Lizzy moved constantly. They hide themselves. As the years passed, they were forgotten. Yesung and Lizzy now lived in America. They tried not to get any attention from the humans around them.  Because their appearance doesn’t change, they still looked like a pair of teenagers. They lived in New York nowadays. They lived with some vampires that served them. The sun couldn’t hurt them since they were pure-bloods. But for the others, the sun could burn them into a dust.
“Yesung, do you understand? You should go back to your country,” Lizzy said, woke Yesung up from his daydreaming. She looked at Yesung seriously.
Yesung sighed. It was a serious problem. Pure-bloods never really die. They can be awoken, but that needs a lot of sacrifice. They need to sacrifice a lot of humans and vampires in the process to wake them up.
He nodded, “what about you, Lizzy?”
“I would stay here, I’m needed here. I’m sure you can handle it,” she said as she approached Yesung and hugged him, “Remember, don’t reveal about yourself, Yesung. Make sure they don’t know about you.”
“What do I have to do?” he asked Lizzy after he was released from her hug.
“You have to protect the heir of one vampire’s clan. His name is Choi Siwon. He is known as a successful business man.  You will find about his information easily. He’s protected by the vampires of his clan. But they aren’t strong enough to fight our enemy.”
“Why do I have to protect him?”
“Because our enemy needs his blood to wake Heechul. He has a special blood, his blood can increase pure-bloods’ power but would be a poison to common vampires,” Lizzy said.
“You mean he has the blood that Count Dracula has been searching for?” Yesung asked in disbelief.
Lizzy nodded, “Yes and our enemy already know about that.”
The blood that they have talked about is called the cursed blood. It only appears once and it may be among humans or vampires. The pure blood could find it easily, because its smell attracts them. But for the common vampires, they couldn’t find the difference.
Count Dracula always searched for a person that had this blood. He had killed all the owner of cursed blood during his lifetime, two were humans and one of them was a vampire.
“But how did they know that this Choi Siwon has a cursed blood?” Yesung asked curiously. Lizzy closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
“Because they have a Reader like me,” Lizzy answered. Yesung gasped by what he heard.
“What? That’s imposibble!” Yesung shouted in disbelief.
Lizzy shook her head “No Yesung, that’s possible. Their reader isn’t as strong as me, that’s why they didn’t know about our existence. I used much of my power to hide our identity. But he read about the war and the cursed blood.”
“What about Heechul’s body?” when the other guardians killed Heechul, they hide his body in the temple in Japan.
“They got it,” Lizzy said briefly.
“!” Yesung cursed under his breath, “Can he read about me when I’m close to them?” he asked.
“I don’t think so. You are pureblood, Yesung. He needs to be much stronger to recognize who you are.”
“Okay, I’ll leave tonight. Please prepare all the things i need,” Yesung asked Lizzy as he left.
Yesung left the house. He walked under the sun and enjoyed the breeze as the wind caressed his face. He always liked in the outdoor, because his vampire servants burns under the sun, his house was always kept dark and closed. He likes bright places, but he have to look after his vampires, too. From the outside, people would recognize him as a university student that took a walk around downtown. His aura and beauty emitted from his body strongly attracted men and women near him. All of guardians have an unnatural beauty since they were humans. That’s why Count Dracula chose them; he liked something that’s beautiful.
Yesung took a deep breath (FYI, in my imagination vampires could breath, so bear with it..^^v). Yesung stopped in front of a shop. Although he thought it was ridiculous, he couldn’t stop himself from entering the shop and go shopping. The new clothes have been displayed and Yesung loved them. He called the shop-assistant. The girl’s jaw dropped when she saw Yesung. He gave her a smile then pointed at all the clothes that he wanted. The girl just nodded. She couldn’t take her eyes off him.
Yesung cleared his throat to get her attention, “Emm, can you stop staring me? I’m in hurry,” he smiled apologetically,
The girl blinked, back to reality, “Oh! I’m sorry. I’ll be back soon.” She left but still took a glance of Yesung.
Yesung sighed. It always happen. He knew that he attract humans, even vampires, and he liked it. But sometimes he regrets it when his beauty traps him in this kind of situation where the people stop their activities just to stare at him. He shook his head and snapped out of thoughts.
The girl was back, she brought a pile of clothes that Yesung wanted.
“Just bring it all to the cashier,” Yesung said as he walked toward the cashier. He paid them all and left the shop. He needed to get back to his house quickly for he didn’t want to get more attention.
But he changed his direction and took a walk toward the city park. He wants to spend his last day in New York before he leaves tonight. He sat on the bench, his shopping bags placed beside him. He just sit there, enjoying the air. He closed his eyes, remembering the days when he spent his days like this with Alicia in the past. Every day, he and Alicia will sit in the bench in the garden in front of their old house. They just kept silent and enjoyed the winds that blow.
The sun was set. He stood up and brought all of his shopping bags. He walked quickly toward his house. He opened the front door as he arrived. Inside of his house some of his vampires that he met bowed to him. He nodded and went to his room. He packed some of his clothes including his new clothes to a suitcase.
He turned around when he heard his door opened. Lizzy walked toward him and handed him a passport and a ticket to Korea.
“Oliver is waiting for you. He will bring you to the airport,” she informed.
Yesung nodded and pulled his suitcase. Lizzy followed after him. One of his vampires opened the car’s door for him. Lizzy gave him a tight embrace and messed his hair up. Yesung slapped her hand.
“Hey, stop that. I have to keep my hair in the perfect condition” Yesung said as he straightened up his hair.
Lizzy just giggled as she heard that. She pushed Yesung entered the car “Be careful, Yesung. Don’t get hurt.”
Yesung smiled at her, “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine” he said as he waved to Lizzy while his car left her.