chapter 23

The Guardian

the latest chapters that was lost... now i re-upload it...

***

 

“What’s going on?” yesung asked.
Sungmin turned around to face the vampires. “It’s a personal matter. Kangin needed to calm himself for a while,” Sungmin answered as he looked at Leeteuk whostood behind.
“But what about our plan?” Jinki inquired.
“Don’t worry. I can handle it without my partner. Let’s just start the discussion.” Sungmin assured.
Minsuk nodded then led his guests to his workroom after he dismissedLeeteuk.
Sungmin watched as the vampire left. Things were getting complicated. He felt sorry for kang-in as well as happy that he has found his mate. He understood how hard it would be for for the other because he claimed a vampire as his mate.
He could barely stand vampires although they were allies now. His hatred towards vampires was still deep and now he had to accept that his mate was vampire—the creature he hated the most.
“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Jinki asked his brother.
“What? Ah, nothing’s wrong.” Sungmin answered with a smile.
“Are you sure?” Jinki probed.
Sungmin nodded reassuringly. He couldn’t let that personal problem bother all their plans.
When everyone was seated, Yesung started the discussion.
“Now that we’re all here, let’s start.” Yesung announced. The othersstraightened their bodies and focused their attention on Yesung.
“We have to get Cho Kyuhyun as soon as possible. It would be better if we doit today.”
“Today? But isn’t it a bit too rushed?” Jinki asked flabbergasted.
“No. We could use the element of surprise in our advantage. Moreover, wewill do the mission in daylight.”
“How? We can’t go out in the daylight without getting ourselves burned,”Minsuk stated.
“You can’t but me and the wolves can,” Yesung stated matter-of-factly.
Silence filled the room as everyone absorbed the speaker’s words.
“So you’ll be the only group going there?” Siwon inquired to which Yesung nodded.
“But it’s too risky,” Siwon argued.
“I’m sure it’ll be okay. If it isn’t, Lizzy will warn us. I can handle all of them;moreover I’ll go with the wolves.”
“But..” siwon tried to argue.
“It’ll be okay,” Yesung reassured the younger.
Siwon sighed but said nothing.
“So Sungmin, I need you to come with me. Is that alright with you?”
“Of course I’ll come with you. Do you need other wolves or is it just me?”Sungmin asked.
 “Because Kang-in isn’t available, you’ll be enough. We have to do it secretly and efficiently; less people much better.” Yesung stated.
Sungmin nodded. He really hoped Kang-in would come with them.
“It’s almost dawn. You better get some rest.” The pure-blood said.
“I’m not really tired,” sungmin answered.
“We need you in your best condition. Please take a rest so you can focus on our task,” yesung said. “Minsuk, please prepare a room for Sungmin and Jinki.” He ordered.
“Yes master,” minsuk answered.
He led Jinki and Sungmin to their rooms, leaving Yesung alone with Siwon.
In a second, Siwon was next to Yesung.
“Please let me come with you,” Siwon pleaded.
“You can’t,” Yesung answered negatively.
“But i can’t let you go alone,” siwon said.
“I’m not alone, Siwon. I have Sungmin, remember?”
“But you need more people,” siwon argued.
“No, the two of us is enough.”
“Yesung, i can’t let you get hurt,” siwon said as he caressed yesung’s cheek.
Yesung sighed contentedly and leaned in the touch, “I wouldn’t get hurt.Believe me.”
“Why won’t you let me come with you?”
“First, you can’t come out in the daylight. Second, we don’t know what mighthappen there, so i don’t want to risk your life. Third, i need you here to protect your family. There’s a possibility that the things will go wrong, so i need someone valuable to protect people here. My brother and yours are here, Siwon. I need them to be safe. So your job is to keep them safe,” Yesung said.
He opened his eyes and looked at Siwon, “Can you do that for me?”
Siwon looked at Yesung’s eyes directly, “Yes, i’ll do that for you.”
Yesung smiled and pulled Siwon into a kiss.
***
Kyuhyun rolled over on his bed. He couldn’t get into a deep sleep because of the visions he see though they were usually blurred. He got a feeling something big was going on, but he couldn’t catch what it is.
He woke up for the nth time. He buried his face on his knees. The visionswhich intrude his sleep continuously made him really tired.
He sighed. Jonghyun would definitely torture him again if he didn’t give him anything.
He laid back and tried to catch some sleep. He wanted some peace for a while.
***
Yesung came to his and Eunhyuk’s room. The human was on a deep slumber that he didn’t notice Yesung’s presence.
Yesung smiled as he looked at Eunhyuk. The human looked so peaceful. He  Eunhyuk’s hair slightly.
“Hyung?” Eunhyuk asked sleepily.
“I’m here,” Yesung said.
Eunhyuk moved his head slightly so he was lying on his brother’s lap.
“Hyung, what’s going on? What are you and the other’s so stressed about?”
“Do we look stressed?”
Eunhyuk nodded his head slightly, “I feel the tension on the air, hyung.”
“Everything’s fine, Hyukkie. Don’t worry.”
“Promise me you’ll never leave me, Hyung,” Eunhyuk said.
“I promise I would never leave you alone, Hyukkie,” Yesung answered. He bent over, and kissed Eunhyuk’s forehead lightly.
“Hmm,” Eunhyuk lost himself in the deep slumber once more.
***
The vampires and the wolf gathered on the living room.
Eunhyuk wasn’t up yet.
“Is everything ready?” Yesung asked.
Minsuk nodded, “The car is outside master.”
“Good, let’s go.” Yesung told Sungmin who nodded and made their way outside.
“Please take care of my brother, okay?” Yesung said to Siwon.
Siwon nodded. They watched as Sungmin and Yesung was out the door. They couldn’t accompany them outside because it was 11 am. The sun shone brightly.
As Yesung got on the passenger seat, Sungmin the engine.
“Is kang-in alright?” Yesung asked out-of-the blue.
“Eh?”
“Have you heard anything from him?”
“No,” sungmin said. “We can’t communicate if we’re not in our wolf form.”
“What happened actually?” Yesung asked.
Sungmin sighed “His beast claimed a vampire as his mate.”
“Vampire?”
“Yup. Minsuk’s vampire for sure. The one with a dimple. Leeteuk, I think,”Sungmin answered.
“Leeteuk? But how?”
“We don’t know actually,” Sungmin answered. “It’s just if our beast claimed someone as our mate, we have to accept it nonetheless. We don’t understand how the beast choose their mate though.”
Yesung nodded, “Why did kang-in runaway then?”
“Because he couldn’t accept a vampire as his mate. He really hates vampiresbecause they killed his lover back then.”
“If it’s like that, how could the beast chose Leeteuk?”
“It’s complicated though we have one body, for werewolves there are two different minds inside. The wolf’s and the human’s. We are same yet so different. The beast and human switch places depending on the form we use and the condition we face. For the mature and strong werewolves, it’s easy to control their beast side but for the others, especially new-formed wolves, the beast side is more dominant. That’s why they are so wild and dangerous.”
Yesung absorbed the information, “What will happen if the human side rejected the beast’s choice of mate?”
“The beast would be weaker as the time passes without their mate. They have to make a bond with their mates as soon as possible. Through the bond, they would share everything with their mates, including life power. For example, if one wolf was hurt, through the bond, their mate would help the wolf recover sooner by their own power. If they were separated too far, they would be weaker because their power was used continuously to keep the bond.”
“What’s the worst scenario?” Yesung asked.
“The worst is one of them would die first followed by the other. Actually if the mate dies, the beast would be still alive but then will refuse to live without their mate so they’ll kill themselves, direct or indirectly. While for the mate, once the wolf dies, they would die as well because the wolf is their life supply both mentally and physically.”
“So Leeteuk would die if Kang-in didn’t make the bond with him soon?”
“Yeah if Kang-in keeps procrastinating it,” Sungmin said, “although Leeteuk haven’t realized it yet, but the bond has formed between them. Leeteuk’s body would feel weaker as long as he’s separated from Kang-in.”
“The mate would never able reject the claim of the wolves?”
Sungmin shook his head, “Never. They have no choice. If they rejected, they would die.”
“That’s so unfair,” yesung said.
“Maybe, but the mate would always stay safe as long as they stay by the wolf side. The beast would never let anything hurt their mate. They would always cherish their mate and try to make them happy. The mate would have to accept it whether they like it or not.”
Yesung sighed, “It’s complicated.”
“It is,” sungmin agreed, “we arrived.”