chapter 15

The Guardian

 

this is the newest chappie that i've written in hurry... this chappie is special bcoz finally it is beta-ed by my beta reader nytslyer03
hope this chapter comes out good enough....(:
as usual, please do comments....^^
***
 
Yesung left the room, followed by Siwon.
“Are you sure that it’d be okay if you came? I mean, the vampires that attacked me back then have seen you. If they were really Jonghyun’s vampires, Jonghyun must have known about you, too.”
“It’d be okay. They just know me as your guard. They don’t know about me as the pure-blooded and The East Guardian, though.”
Siwon sighed but nodded in agreement.
They walked back to Yesung’s room.
They opened the door just to find Eunhyuk and Donghae cuddled together. Donghae wrapped his arm possessively on Eunhyuk’s slim waist as the later nuzzled his face on Donghae’s neck. Both of them were sleeping soundly.
“Aww, they are so cute,” Yesung whispered softly.
Siwon chuckled, “Glad that you find it cute. That means you’ve gotten rid of your intention to kill my little brother.”
Yesung turned to face him and glare, “Oh... no.... I still save that if your brother didn’t stop laying his hand on my Hyukkie.”
“Will you stop being so over protective?”
“Why? What’s wrong with caring about my brother?”
“He is an adult now. Besides, it makes me jealous.”
“But for me, he would always be a cute-adorable-little-brother. And what is it about you being jealous? It’s not like something happened between us.”
“What if I want something to happen between us?” Siwon asked daringly.
He leaned forward, stopped some inches before Yesung’s face.
“What if I don’t want to?” Yesung asked back, leaned his face forward as well, till there just a small distance between the two.
Siwon grinned, “ No, I don’t believe you. Instead, I know that actually you really want to. You said that yourself.”
“Did I? When?” Yesung asked, tried to control his facial expression.
, I shouldn’t tell him that he attracted me back then, Yesung cursed on his mind.
“Don’t pretend that you forget because I remember it as clear as crystal.”
“I’m not....”
“Can you two stop your quarreling now? We’re trying to sleep here,” Donghae snapped at them in sudden.
He turned his body aside slightly and pulled Eunhyuk closer toward him, tightened his embrace around the human’s body.
Yesung agape “Yah! What do you think are yo...mmh”
His voice was muffled when Siwon placed his palm on his mouth. He wrapped his free hand around Yesung’s waist and dragged him outside the room.
When they arrived closed the door, Yesung nudged Siwon’s stomach with his elbow, making the younger yelp in pain.
“Ouch! What was that for?” Siwon asked as he rubbed the part where Yesung’s elbow made a contact with his stomach.
“For dragging me while I was talking to your unrespectful brother. How on earth he could hug my Hyukkie like that in front of me? He even snapped at me! How dare he do that to me?”
“Can’t you see that your brother is sleeping? Do you really want to disturb him now that he is alright after what has happened two days ago?”
Yesung stopped instantly. That night. His anger rose again as he remembered about that useless father of Eunhyuk’s.
But he realized the truth behind Siwon’s words. He could feel how happy and relax Eunhyuk was when he was with Donghae.
“Just accompany me, I’m a bit thirsty,” Siwon asked.
They made their way toward the kitchen.
“Young Master,” Leeteuk was there, greeting Siwon.
He eyed Yesung with the visible disbelief but said nothing.
“I’m thirsty, Teukie,” Siwon said.
Leeteuk took the bottles from the fridge and reached his hand on the top of the counter to get some crystal glasses.
When his arm was raised, his sleeve was pulled down slightly, showing Yesung the big and terrible scar on his upper arm.
Leeteuk placed the glasses before Siwon and Yesung and poured them the red liquid -blood- from the bottle.
Leeteuk looked upward as he felt an intense gaze on him.
“What?!” he asked Yesung, annoyed.
Siwon raised his eyebrows by the tone that Leeteuk used. But that didn’t bother Yesung as he asked about the scar, instead, “The scar? Is it from...”
“Werewolf, yeah, that dog left this scar when we got involved on a fight some years ago,” Leeteuk cut Yesung’s line.
Yesung looked at the scar carefully. The scar formed was caused by the sharp claws of werewolf. There were three-line deep cuts that wouldn’t be healed completely. The scar was swollen slightly. It looked so frightening yet also showed the bravery of the owner.
“How did the fight happen?”
“It was really bad. It’s our fault, honestly. Some of our young vampires thought it would be fun to trespass werewolf’s territory. They made a bet about who would pass the territory without being caught,” Leeteuk sighed, “And the most stupid thing is that those young vampires thought to make the bet more exciting, they need to kidnap the new-formed werewolves. Take note, it is werewolves, not werewolf, that means they kidnapped three instead of one. Of course the wolves couldn’t accept that vampires got inside their home especially those stupid vampires also kidnapped their families.”
Yesung couldn’t believe that how stupid those vampires were. Siwon drank the blood slowly, but he couldn’t hide his annoyance on his face.
“As you know, the new-formed werewolf is unstable, like the new-formed vampires. They can’t control the beast side of them, so the new-formed werewolves that they kidnapped messed around as they arrived at the certain human’s neighborhood. Those vampires that couldn’t control the angry beasts then decided to kill them.”
Leeteuk took a deep breath before continued, “Yeah, they could kill them. But the damage is worse. Lots of humans were found dead. Some of young vampires called their clans to help repair the damage. But the werewolves tracked them before the other vampires arrived. They came in the right time when they found the three new-formed wolves were killed by the vampires.”
“The wolves were so furious and attacked the young vampires that were there. And I thought the angel of fortune hate all of us, as the older vampires of the clans came just to witness the death of the young ones. The fight couldn’t be avoided. The wolves want to kill all vampires that were on their way, so did the vampires. The humans, that knew nothing, also became the victims.”
Siwon finished his drink and now focused on Leeteuk’s face.
“Both the werewolves and vampires got huge damage, but they have no intention of stopping. I was there with my friend from the other clans, fighting for our lives when we faced them.”
“Them? Who are they?”
“I don’t know who they were at that time, but I thought they were the leaders of the wolves, because I could see how the other wolves respect them. They fight with no fear. No one among the vampires could stop them. The one was a grey wolf with bright yellow eyes; he was really big and well-build. The other was as white as a snow with blue eyes, more slim than the first but as strong and well-build as well.”
Leeteuk stopped as he looked at the ceiling with a longing expression on his face.
“I faced the grey one. I stopped him when he want to rip one of our younger’s head. I couldn’t let him kill our clan’s member. So I jump on his back and bit his neck as hard as I can. He threw me away and I instantly became his target. We stood face to face. His eyes were like burning a hole on me but I couldn’t look away. We stared a bit at each other, but because of my wounds from the fight earlier, I got tripped and he scratched my arm. When he opened his mouth, I thought he would bite and kill me. Instead, he just stared at me and then looked upward on the full moon and howled. All the wolves, except the white one, stop their fights when they heard his howl. They answered his howl and backed away from the fight, back to their territory. The grey wolf looked at me once more before he approached the white one and pulled him forcefully by his neck.”
“Have you met those wolves again?” Yesung asked.
Leeteuk looked at him and shook his head with a sad expression on his face.
“No, I never met them in another fight nor met them face to face. But I know who they are, now.”
“Who are they?”
“The grey wolf is Kang-in, the confidant of the white wolf, Lee Sungmin. Lee Sungmin is the leader of the werewolves now.”
“How did you know?” Yesung asked.
“I knew that when the vampires clans made an alliance with the werewolves clan. Although we never met directly, I’ve seen him many times.”
Yesung looked at his face and realized one thing.
“You like him, don’t you?” Yesung asked.
“What the..?! No, of course not, I...I’m just wondering why he let me go that time. Nothing more,” Leeteuk said furiously as he stood up, “I’m sorry Young Master, but I have to go, there’s something that I need to do.”
Leeteuk left the kitchen hurriedly.
Yesung sighed, and turned his head to face Siwon, “He like that wolf, right?”
Siwon nodded, “Yeah, he does. He just doesn't want to admit it. But that’s his business. We can’t get ourselves involve. Let’s go, the meeting would start soon.”