chapter 17

The Guardian

 

today's update...(:
really hope u enjoy this chappie..... n as usual, please do cmments...
***
 
He faced Sungmin, “Stop your transformation, now!”
He turned to Kang-in next, “Don’t make any move or I’ll make sure you won’t be able to move for the rest of your life.”
Kang-in growled in anger, but Yesung sent him a death glare, and although Kang-in was in his strongest form, it didn’t stop him from shivering by Yesung’s gaze. So he obeyed and stayed still.
Yesung looked around the entire hall. And the dark aura that emitted from him made every vampire looked downward when his eyes fell on them.
Yesung stopped his eyes on Jinki, “You better stop this meeting now. The condition isn’t enabling to continue this meeting anyway.”
Jinki looked at him curiously but nodded in agreement.
He turned his face to face all the vampires, “It’s enough for tonight. We’ll continue this next time. Goodnight, my brothers and sisters.”
All vampires said their goodbyes and started leaving the hall one by one.
Siwon and Minsuk arrived on Yesung’s side after a few seconds.
They were all alarmed when one figure walked toward them.
Jonghyun arrived before them and bowed to Jinki, “Tonight’s meeting was so interesting, My Lord.”
Jonghyun just smirked slightly, but Jinki gave him a bright and wide smile that reached his ears, “Yeah, it is. I hope you enjoyed it, Jonghyun.”
“I did, my lord. Although it would be more interesting if the fight really happened,” Jonghyun said, and then he turned to face Yesung and smiled, “You’re doing a great job, stranger. I can see that you like to get yourself involve on people’s business.”
Yesung smiled as well, “No, it’s just that people’s business that always stumbles on my way. I never ask to get involve, though.”
Jonghyun glared at Yesung before he left.
Siwon mumbled to Yesung in low voice, “He knows that you’re the one that saved me.”
“Yes he does,” Yesung nodded in agreement. His eyes followed Jonghyun’s movement, observed him.
“Key, make sure everything’s under control,” Jinki ordered the vampire next to him.
For a moment, Key made a motion to refuse, but after Jinki gave him a look; he complied dejectedly.
Yesung talked to Kang-in “You better transform back into your human form.”
Kang in growled slightly, but he made his body transform back to human form. Sungmin gave Kang-in his coat to cover his body.
All of them now paid attention to Yesung.
“Who are you?” Jinki asked.
“Do you have any place that we could talk without being heard?” Yesung asked back.
Jinki nodded and led them to the room on the basement.
“Wait,” Siwon grabbed Yesung’s arm, stopped him instantly, “Are you sure you want to tell them the truth?”
Yesung sighed, “I know it has a risk, but we need their help. However, all of these events are related to them.”
“But…”
“Just believe me,” yesung said without hesitantion as he looked directly on siwon’s eyes.
Siwon then nodded in defeat. They hurriedly caught the other up.
“Is it safe?” Yesung asked as they arrived in a certain room.
“No one is permitted to come to this room, so I thought it’s save enough,” Jinki explained.
Yesung wandered around and knocked the wall, it was made of solid stone, so no one would hear them.
“I think it’s enough,” Yesung murmured then approached them.
“I’m sorry that I interrupted your meeting earlier,” Yesung apologized.
“It’s okay, you avoid us from the bloody fight” Jinki smiled.
“I’ll introduce myself properly then. But before that, I need all of you that are here now to never mention anything that I’ll tell you later nor my identity to another person. Not anyone, even to the person that you believe the most. Can you all promise me?”
Sungmin and Kang-in looked at each other while Jinki looked at Minsuk in confusion.
“You better agree,” Minsuk suggested.
“You know about the thing that he would tell us?” Jinki asked Minsuk.
“More or less,” Minsuk answered.
“Then, I agree. Because my best friend believes in you,” Jinki said.
Yesung face Sungmin and Kang-in and waited for them.
“If my brother agrees, so do I” Sungmin said.
“I’ll agree too, then” Kang-in continued.
“Good,” Yesung smile, “Firstly, my name is Yesung. I’m The East Guardian. Does it sound familiar to any of you?”
Jinki widened his eyes, “It’s impossible.”
“Ah, I can see that you’ve heard about me.”
 “But how? I thought that all of you were gone.”
 “No, the three of the guardians have. But I and the reader have survived.”
“The reader? I can’t believe this. I never thought that you all real.”
Kang-in and Sungmin looked really lost.
“I’m sorry for interrupting, but I don’t understand what you’re talking about,” Sungmin said.
“Oh, it’s my fault, I’m sorry,” Yesung gave his attention to the wolves.
“Have you ever heard about Count Dracula?” Yesung asked.
“Do you mean the first vampire in the world? The King of The Damned? Yeah, I’ve heard about him.... in the movies,” Kang-in answered.
“Yeah, The King of The Damned. But he is real, not just a character on TV,” Yesung said. He turned to Minsuk, “I don’t feel like talking, please tell them about my history.”
“Yes, Master,” Minsuk bowed.
Yesung listened while Minsuk told the wolves about his past. The wolves stole a glance sometimes as they listened to Minsuk. Yesung just smiled when their gaze met.
“So, on the other hand, you’re some kind of the leader of the vampires that have lived for hundreds years? And you’re pure-blood right? A special one from your kind?” Kang-in asked.
“Something like that,” Yesung answered.
“The wars, were they real?”
Yesung nodded, “History has recorded it. Don’t you know the blood bath in Rumania? It was us.”
Sungmin took a glance at Kang-in for second, “Then why did you suddenly come out, after all these years and only a few people that know about your existence?”
“The thing that I want to tell you is the reason,” Yesung said.
He faced Jinki, “Kim Jonghyun, what kind of relationship do you have with him?”
Jinki was startled, but composed himself in the next second, “He is just the leader of one of the clans that I lead.”
Yesung raised his brows, “Is that all?”
Jinki smiled sadly, “He was my friend.”
“Was?”
Jinki nodded, “I still think of him as my friend, but I don’t know if he thinks the same.”
***
Meanwhile...
“I can see that you’re still glued to him, Key,” Jonghyun whispered on Key’s ear.
“Jonghyun!” Key jumps in surprise.
“Never thought you could act all sweet in front of him like that,” Jonghyun smiled.
“What do you mean?”
“Don’t pretend to me, babe. You never acted that good to me, though.”
“Stop it, Jonghyun. I thought we’ve agreed that I’m with him now,” Key said, an annoyance could be seen in his eyes.
Jonghyun smirked, “I’ve agreed. But I never said that I would give up getting what or who I want. Remember that, Key.”
Jonghyun waved his hand as he left Key alone, watching him with unreadable gaze.