chapter 10

The Guardian

 

Yesung never left Eunhyuk even for second that night. Eunhyuk got a bad fever. Yesung was so angry that he let it happened like this. He caressed Eunhyuk’s hair everytime the younger looked uncomfortable in his sleep.

Yesung looked at the ceiling, unfocusedly. He remembered the day when he lost the one that he loved, Alicia because of Heechul. He considered Alicia as his older sister, the only family that he closest with. But Alicia loved Heechul so much, that was why she came when Heechul called him. But that night was Alicia’s last day.

When Lizzy told him and Tairon that Alicia was in danger, everything was late. Alicia and Heechul were in the far place from them. When they find them, she was already killed.

Yesung was so angry, but Tairon more furious than him. Yesung noticed that Tairon loved Alicia, but never revealed his true feeling toward her. Yesung was so sad by the lost of Alicia. He promised himself he would do anything to protect everyone that he loved. Fofr this case Eunhyuk. And he failed for doing that.

The sun was raised. It woke Eunhyuk up.

“Hyung?”

“Hyukkie!” Yesung hugged him in tight embrace,”what do you feel?”

“I’m okay hyung, you came in the right time,” Eunhyuk smiled slightly.

Yesung looked at him carefully, sighed in relieved that Eunhyuk was okay.

“Hyung, I should hear you,” Eunhyuk murmured.

“Sshhh, don’t blame your self, it was just accident okay?”

Eunhyuk nodded.

“I want to take a bath, hyung,” Eunhyuk said.

Yesung pulled him up,”Okay, you can take a bath while i get you some food.”

Eunhyuk nodded as Yesung left.

They house was completely dark, but there were some vampires that awoke. Yesung walked toward the kitchen, there wasn’t anyone there. he was glad that there was a refrigerator there. But he frowned as he saw what was there. Beside food there were some bottles that filled with the liquid that he recognized as a blood. He took some food then closed the refrigerator in hurry.

The scent of the blood made him feel thirsty. But he didn’t want to drink some of blood now, he need to look over Eunhyuk first. He breathed slowly, calmed himself down. he sure that he could hold his will longer.

He walked back toward his room. Eunhyuk was finished as he arrived.

“I just can find these, is it okay?” Yesung handed him the foods in his hand.

“No problem hyung. I’m not that hungry,” Eunhyuk answered.

Yesung smiled as the younger starting to eat.

They spent that day just stayed at their room. The sun was set as they woke from the nap.

Yesung’s cellphone rang.

“Lizzy..”

Yesung, I get the vision about the war,” Lizzy said to the point.

“What do you get Lizzy?” Yesung asked. He turned around as he heard a knock in the door. Eunhyuk opened it. It was Donghae and Siwon.

Donghae looked so worried as he saw bruises in Eunhyuk’s face. He pulled Eunhyuk to take a seat. While Siwon, he approached Yesung, looked at him curiously. Siwon stopped metre away from Yesung as he noticed that Yesung was on the phone.

This war is because of the battle for the power between Kim Jonghyun and Lee Jinki,” Lizzy said.

“Tell me more,” Yesung asked.

In this country, all of vampire’s clans are headed by one of the clan leaders. For this decade, it is positioned by Jinki, he is a wise leader for all the clans and also Minsuk’s best friend. Jonghyun wanted to replace Jinki, that’s why he wanted to declare a war toward Jinki.

“Why does he need Heechul?” Yesung asked.

Jonghyun’s power isn’t enough to ruin Jinki’s dominance, that’s why he need Heechul,” Lizzy answered.

“But why does he choose Heechul. He could find another vampire to help him, right?”

He can’t, because jinki was supported by the leader of werewolf’s clan, Lee Sungmin,” Lizzy said.

“Wait?! Werewolfs are involved?! How could this happen?” Yesung asked in disbelief.

Yesung just knew a bit about werewolfs. They just met in many times. Werewolfs and vampires were natural enemy. They couldn’t live along together. Some nowadays werewolfs were smart enough to avoid changed human into them. But in the past there were some werewolfs that wild enough in changing humans. They attacked some villages and turned some citizen into them. They sometimes trespassed vampire’s teritory to get a prey. That’s why there were some fights between them.

Werewolfs are involved because their leader, Sungmin and vampire’s leader, Jinki are sibling.”

“What the hell!!” Yesung cursed in surprised, made Siwon raised his brows curiously.

That’s true, Yesung. Some decades ago, some vampires got into the fight with werewolfs in one wood. Unfortunately, Lees family were camping in that place. Actually, they were the reason of the fight. That werewolfs and vampires were starving, they looked for some prey. And lucky for them, they found Lees family in almost the same time. The parents were killed. Werewolfs got the older one, and vampires got the younger. But for unknown reason, each of them decided to change Jinki and Sungmin into them,” Lizzy took a break,”The years later, they met by accident. Jinki was the leader of Lee’s clan and Sungmin became the leader of werewolf’s clan that time. Because of their family love, they accepted each of them condition. Jinki was choosen as the leader of all leaders because he was the first vampire that could make a peace with the werewolfs. Since then, Lee’s clan was backed up by werewolfs. That’s why they are the strongest clan in this country.

“That was a long story,” Yesung commented. He was sured that Lizzy must be rolled her eyes there.

Yeah, it is. But that was the fact, Yesung. Because of the werewolfs, Jonghyun couldn’t beat Jinki. So he need Heechul to help them. We both know that if Heechul is here, he’d like to fight the werewolfs. He look down at them, right?” Lizzy said.

“Yeah, he is. So what I have to do, Lizzy?”

Talk to Minsuk. Tell him about this. I’m sure he would warn Jinki, he is his bestfriend remember. And we just can hope that Jinki would believe Minsuk in the name of their friendship,” Lizzy said.

“Okay, I’ll tell him soon. Thanks for informing me, Lizzy,” Yesung said. He hunged up the phone. He looked upward, exhaled a deep breath.

Siwon approached him as he saw Yesung ended the phone.

“Is something wrong?” he asked as he saw Yesung’s gloomy face.

“Nothing, is your father here? I need to talk to him,” Yesung asked.

“Yeah he is here. But I won’t let you meet him if you weren’t tell me the truth,” Siwon asked unhesitantly.

“I can’t,” Yesung answered briefly.

“No,you can if you want to. I have a right to know what happen. It’s related to me, right?” Siwon argued.

Yesung sighed. He took a while to think about that. finally he decided to tell him the truth.

“okay. But bring me to meet your father first. I’ll tell you there. if you want to know the truth, you should hear what i want to tell your father, too,” Yesung said.

Siwon nodded in agreement. He made a sign to Yesung to follow after him.

“Donghae, can you accompany Eunhyuk for a while?” Yesung talked to Donghae.

“Okay, I’ll stay here,” Donghae said as Eunhyuk smiled brightly.

Yesung smiled at them. He left the room, approached Siwon that waited for him in front of the door.