chapter 24

The Guardian

i was getting caught with my school's asssignments these weeks...

that's why i wasn't able to update my fics earlier....

but here's the update...

for the people that had commented before, i'm sorry that i wasn't able to reply all of ur comments, but thanks for dropping ur cmments here, that make me really happy....

for those who have subscribed this fic, thank u so much....

n lastly thanks for my beta that has beta-ed this fic....

***

 

Yesung straightened his body as a luxurious looking mansion was seen.
 “Are they human?” Yesung asked when he saw some men guarded the mansion.
“Yeah. It’s a common thing that vampires employ humans to protect them on daylight. After all, none of them would be able to protect their selves when the sun is up,” Sungmin explained, “except you of course,” he added.
They stopped the car in a safe distance from the mansion. They traced the wall around it and chose one certain spot on the backside.
With a jump, they landed smoothly on the opposite side of the wall. They sneaked quietly between the trees and grabbed the guards who were patrolling around them. They broke their necks in one motion and hid the dead bodies behind the tree.
Yesung walked in front while Sungmin followed after.
In the speed of light, Yesung arrived before the two guards who stood in front of the back door. In a blink of an eye, both of them were laid lifeless on the ground.
Sungmin arrived in the next second. They tried to make no sound as they opened the door and sneaked inside.
They arrived in the kitchen. Fortunately, no one was there.
He’s on the library—at the end of this corridor’, Lizzy’s voice said on Yesung’s mind.
What about Jonghyun?’ Yesung asked.
He’s on the basement, in his workroom,’ Lizzy answered.
What about Heechul’s body?
It isn’t here.
I see.
Be careful, Yesung.
Don’t worry, Liz.
“He’s on the library, right there,” Yesung whispered, just enough for Sungmin to hear as he pointed the door on the end of the corridor.
Sungmin nodded and run toward the room along with Yesung. Although he wasn’t as strong as he was in his wolf form, Sungmin was still stronger than humans. His speed was comparable with Yesung’s as they moved without a sound.
“Watch out!” Yesung hissed as a guard suddenly walked in front of them.
Sungmin jumped and landed on top of the shocked vampire, grabbed his neck and twisted it until a crack sound was heard.
He laid the dead body aside and continued his run.
They arrived in front of a wooden door seconds later.
Yesung nodded to Sungmin as they opened it together.
Before them, a young man, the one that Lizzy showed Yesung on her vision before was looking at them in surprise.
Before he made any move, Yesung has arrived next to him. He pressed his palm on the young man’s mouth, preventing him from making any sound.
The man widened his eyes in fear and struggled against Yesung.
Yesung hissed and showed Kyuhyun his fangs threateningly.
Since Kyuhyun kept struggling, Yesung had no choice; he stabbed his fangs on Kyuhyun’s neck in an attempt to make him weaker by  his blood.
What surprised them both was Sungmin who jumped towards them and pried Yesung off Kyuhyun.
Yesung, with his guard down, was tossed aside because of the sudden attack.
“What the hell are you doing?” Yesung asked as he glared on Sungmin.
An icy pair of bright-blue eyes glared back at Yesung.
“Mine,” Sungmin growled as he stood before Kyuhyun protectively.
!’ Yesung cursed on his mind, ‘How on earth can two wolves decide that now is the best time for them to get a mate?!
Yesung stood up abruptly when he saw Kyuhyun made a move toward the door. He arrived on the door right before Kyuhyun grabbed the knob.
He threw Kyuhyun backwards.
Sungmin growled dangerously as he jumped onto Yesung and attacked the vampire.
Both of them fell to the floor with Sungmin on top of Yesung.
Yesung had no choice. He punched Sngmin really hard on his temple whichsent Sungmin flying backward and collided with a table. Sungmin lost his consciousness in an instant.
Yesung stood up and approached Kyuhyun.
Yesung, get out, Jonghyun has realized that something was wrong and went upstairs!’ Lizzy warned.
Yesung was confused. He could kill Kyuhyun right then and bring Sungmin back to Minsuk’s house. It would be easier but he realized if he killed Kyuhyun, it means he killed Sungmin too as what the wolf has explained earlier.
Use your heart.
He remembered Lizzy’s advice back then.
With a growl of frustration, Yesung reached the curtain on the window and wrapped Kyuhyun tightly with it. He knew the curtain was thick enough to protect Kyuhyun from the sun because the sunshine couldn’t break through it into the room.
He placed Kyuhyun on his shoulder and held him tightly because he kept struggling. Then with his free hand he dragged the unconscious Sungmin.
He kicked the door opened and run fast but Jonghyun popped out in front of them in sudden. His face was full with hatred as he looked at Yesung. His red eyes glinted dangerously as he showed his fangs.
Jonghyun ran towards Yesung but with a jump, Yesung kicked him right on his chest, sending Jonghyun backward.
His vampires surrounded them and attacked at the same time.
Yesung dodged all the attack while he held both Sungmin and Kyuhyun.
Fortunately, Sungmin gained his consciousness right then.
He jumped off Yesung hold and stood next to him.
“Where?” Sungmin asked as he looked around.
“Here,” Yesung pointed his chin on his shoulder, “Let’s get out of here first and I’ll give him to you. Understand?”
Sungmin nodded, he then he started to attack the vampires around them. He punched and kicked them along with Yesung, just enough to make a room for them to get out of the mansion.
Jonghyun jumped onto Yesung once more. He was strong, but he couldn’t be compared to Yesung.
Yesung punched his jaw hard which made him stumbled backward. That fueledJonghyun’s anger as he let his instinct take place.
He tried to bite Yesung which provided some difficulties because of Kyuhyun’s struggling, avoided the attack hardly.
Jonghyun didn’t stop to throw a punch and a kick to Yesung. He succeeded to bite Yesung’s arm hardly.
Yesung growled in pain and pulled his arm along with Jonghyun and kicked his stomach.
Jonghyun yelped in pain; instantly, he released Yesung’s arm.
Yesung glared at him as he made an offensive pose.
‘Yesung, leave it! You have to go first, Sungmin is on his limit,’ Lizzy said on his mind.
Yesung turned his head toward Sungmin and found that he was surrounded by the amount of the vampires that surrounded him.
Sungmin didn’t change to his wolf form because they need to make a quick escape, and that would surprise the people outside if he left the mansion in his wolf form or in the state.
Yesung turned around and attacked the vampires around Sungmin, made him a room to move.
“Get out!” Yesung ordered.
Sungmin nodded as he run to the door. Yesung followed after him.
Jonghyun run after him and jumped to reach Yesung.
But Sungmin arrived first on the door. He opened the door and let the sunshine entered the mansion.
Jonghyun covered his eyes and stumbled backward. The sun burned his arm slightly as he used it to cover his face.
Yesung stole a glance once more and found Jonghyun gazed at him with eyesfull of hatred.
The human guards outside were brought down easily as they left the mansion.
They run to the car and arrived in second.
Yesung threw Kyuhyun on the backside as he got in the passenger seat. Sungmin started the engine and left quickly.
Kyuhyun tried to break free from the curtain that wrapped him.
“I wouldn’t unwrap the curtain if I were you, the sun still shines brightly outside, you’ll get burn,” Yesung warned.
The struggles stop once Yesung said that.