chapter 16

The Guardian

really thanks 4 my friend nytslyer03 for the fast beta so that i can update this fic 2day,,,,  

i hope all of u don't disappoint about how this story comes out....

please do comments (n maybe subscribe 4 the new readers...^^v)

***

 

The meeting was held on the mansion of the Lee family. Yesung could see how each clan had a wealthy life from the cars that was parked in the area.
He walked beside Siwon and Minsuk. His eyes scanned the surrounding area. Most of the vampires that came were high-ranked vampire. The mansion itself was guarded at all entrances.
Looking at the vampires around him, if Yesung was human, he may not be able tell the differences between those vampires with the ordinary human.
All of them used suits and looked like and ordinary businessmen. While the women acted all arrogant to intimidate each other.
Yesung smiled slightly, the vampires here couldn’t be compared with the vampires of his time. During his time, a vampire got respected because of their original power. The aura emitted from each vampire was felt differently; depending on how strong they were; how much fight they got involved with, how much boldness they’ve shown.  
But here, it looked like that the wealthier the clan, the more they got respected. Some leaders of the clan could be seen just as strong as his low-rank vampires.
They got inside on the amazing assembly hall. It was decorated with luxurious stuff. The tables and chairs were arranged in such a way that there left a wide space on the front that could be seen from all the side of the hall.
In the space, black wooden-chairs were placed, decorated with the complex craving and high back-rested.
Too much that might’ve shown up, Yesung thought.
He took a place on the table for four people with Siwon and Minsuk. He waited as he closed his eyes and let his mind wandered around.
His eyes snapped open when Siwon nudged him. He looked at him curiously, but Siwon just leaned towards him and whispered in his ear.
“That’s Kim Jonghyun, on your left.”
Yesung turned his head slightly and looked at the man that Siwon meant.
The man was not really high. But he was really handsome with a strong jaw line and cold facial expression. He was definitely well built and had defined features; Yesung could see that through the tight suit that fitted his body perfectly.
But his eyes, that was the thing that caught Yesung’s attention. His eyes, Yesung could see nothing there. It’s looked like he felt and thought of nothing. But the arrogance was shown by his posture and all the gestures he did.
The room was quiet as soon as the door flew open. Some men with an intimidating aura walked inside.
Yesung straightened his back and looked at the newcomers. The first one was the man with a friendly and soft expression. Yesung was mesmerized, it’s the first time he saw a vampire with that genuine kind of look. The one following him is the male vampire with all too confident and bored expression written on his beautiful face. He took certain steps after the first vampire who sat down on the middle chair, and sat on his right seat.
The two males that followed after them were definitely werewolves. The strong scent from them filled Yesung’s nostril. The thing that impressed Yesung was the wolves didn’t show any hint of unpleasant feeling or fear on their face.
Yesung nodded slightly, he liked those wolves. He liked how they could act all calm with all vampires that surrounded them.
“The vampire on the middle is Lee Jinki, on his right side is his confidant, Kim Kibum, but he prefer to be called as Key. On the other hand, the wolf on Jinki’s left is Lee Sungmin, his brother. Next to Sungmin is Kang-in, both of them had an equal authority for the wolves clan,” Siwon explained with low tone on his ear.
“Ah, I see,” Yesung clasped his hand lightly.
Yesung turned to watch Jonghyun and he was slightly taken aback by the sight. The face that was once expressionless was now scrunched in hatred as he looked at the vampires in front. His eyes sent daggers on Jinki’s direction. For a second, his eyes gleamed on dangerous red color before its back to its original color.
Yesung raised an eyebrow and brought his attention to Jinki who now talked intimately with Key. The closeness between those two was beyond a friendly in Yesung’s opinion.
“Is it.....possible that Key is also the reason of Jonghyun’s hatred for Jinki?” Yesung murmured to himself.
“What are you saying?” Siwon asked.
“Nothing,” Yesung smiled.
But his eyes moved from Jinki and Key to Jonghyun who stiffened when Key leaned his head to whisper on Jinki’s ear. Jonghyun’s eyebrows furrowed when Jinki smiled by the thing that Key said to him.
“Interesting” Yesung thought.
Jinki stood up and gathered all of the attention to him.
“Brothers and sisters, thanks for coming tonight,” Jinki said. He smiled softly and bowed slightly before continuing, “As all of you know, it’s the third meeting in this month that we have held.”
The vampires made soft noises as they nodded.
“We’re here still stuck on the unfinished problem that has haunted us for this last two months. We lost our family members, one by one these past few days, and now we lost their track.”
The sound of annoyance was heard. Jinki raised his hand to silence the vampires.
“We have formed the seeker team that consist of our high-skilled vampires, but still got no result at all. I’m really worried that we would lose more of our family members if it continued like this. So tonight, I invite any of you who have suggestions about what we should do next.”
There are silence filled the room. Every vampire whispered to each other but none of them dared to speak up.
After a few minutes passed, a vampire stood up. He looked uncertain as he spoke.
“Maybe we should check the wolves’ houses. Those vampires wouldn’t lose off hand like a dust, and the vampires wouldn’t hurt each other, so it just leaves the wolves as the abductor.”
“What?!” Kang-in said in disbelief, his voice filled with annoyance as he stood up and made a threatened gesture toward the vampire that had just spoken up.
The vampire looked downward in fear.
Sungmin gripped Kang-in’s wrist and pulled him down to his seat.
“Calm down, will you?” Sungmin said.
“But he accused us,” Kang-in hissed.
“I’ll take care about this, now calm yourself down,” Sungmin said.
Then he stood up and looked at the vampires, “We couldn’t accept this that you accused us for something that isn’t related to us. We have no reason to kidnap any of your kind; that would be useless.”
“You can say that, but the fact that we are eternal enemy is enough for you, right?” another vampire said.
“I thought we have agreed to make a peace and that we’re an ally now. So there’s no reason anymore,” Sungmin argued.
“We still can’t believe you. From the past, we could see how your kinds always enjoyed to kill vampires, why is it different now?”
“Same goes to you! Your kind always made problems to us. All the fights are always caused by the blood-ers like you!” Kang-in snapped back.
“ you, dog!” the vampire cursed, as he showed his fangs.
“Bring it on,” Kang-in provoked.
His body was trembling whereas his nails were getting longer and sharpened into claws. His hair grew longer, covered almost of the bare skin on his body, and his mouth sprang outward into snout that full with the long and sharp teeth. His body grew bigger and higher, ripping the clothes that he wore. In the next minutes, Kang-in was perfectly changed into the hairy beast that looked like almost the same with the wolf, the differences were just that he stood up on his two foots and twofold size than ordinary wolf.
The grey wolf growled in anger as his eyes looked directly at the vampire in a defensive position.
“Kang-in, stop it!” Sungmin stood up and reached the wolf’s wrist.
Kang-in turned his head to Sungmin and warned him with low growl. He turned his face back to the vampire and made a step forward.
“Kang-in, back off now or I’ll force you to!” Sungmin said. His body started trembling as he took a deep breath and howled the high-pitched howl.
All the vampires tensed up as they all focused on the wolves in the front.
Jinki made a gesture to all his guards to come there and got ready to stop the fight that might happen. He made a step toward his brother who was getting ready to change. He gripped Sungmin’s shoulder but Sungmin shook his head and made a motion for Jinki to move backward.
In one jump from his seat, Yesung landed on the space between the wolves and the vampire.
“STOP!” Yesung ordered in his deep husky voice that in second made the hall fell on the death silence.