chapter 19

The Guardian

 

     hy.... i know it's been long time since my last update.... i was stuck with my final assignments and final exams for this smester... i have my final exams this week n next week. but i managed to get a time to write the next chappies... n thx for my beta reader nytslyer03 for betaing this fic....
so here they are..
 
psst... it's double update to make it up to you.... ^^
please do comments.... (:
***
 
                        Yesung smiled as he looked at each faces before him, “Now that you all have agreed, I need to tell you one more thing. It’s very important.”
                        Everyone averted their attention on Yesung.
                        “I’ve told you that to awaken Heechul, many humans and vampires are needed to be sacrificed. But there’s one more condition.”
                        “What is it?” Jinki asked.
                        “The Cursed Blood is needed.”
                        “Cursed Blood? What is that?”
                        “The Cursed Blood is a special kind of the blood that would increase pure-blooded’s strength but would kill ordinary vampires. For common vampires, The Cursed Blood is like poison.”
                        “I never heard about this.”
                        “This is secret only the pure-blooded vampires know. Hundreds years ago, when Count Dracula was still alive, he always looked for this blood. The owner is random. It could be both human and vampire and sometimes it comes out at random times. For example, the effect of the blood just comes out when the owner got some triggers.”
                        “So it’s not a must that the owner has The Cursed Blood since they were born?”
                        “It can be both. The process is so complicated. From the research that Count Dracula did, it’s proved that the appearance of The Cursed Blood sometimes needs a trigger. It’s based on the fact that happened to the vampire who owned The Cursed Blood. Count Dracula has killed three owners of the blood, two humans and one vampire. But then it’s caused a question, how could a vampire has The Cursed Blood? As I’ve told you, The Cursed Blood is like a poison for the common vampires. It meant that the vampire that has changed the owner of cursed blood into vampire should be dead, because the transformation process needs to exchange of blood and of course the vampire has to the human’s blood first, but they weren’t dead in fact.”
                        Everyone processed the words then nodded slightly.
                        “Then it was found out that Cursed Blood cells are always on the owner’s body since the beginning, but it isn’t active and doesn’t react, just when the poison that the vampires inserted to change human into vampire met the inactive Cursed Blood’s cells, it’s activating the special characteristic of the cells. Then the blood cells become the new kind blood cells, or known as The Cursed Blood, the blood that would increase the strength of the pure-blood but react as a poison for the common vampires.”
                        “Wow!” Kang-in just managed one word.
                        “It’s so complicated. How about the humans?” Jinki asked.
                        “While for the humans, I don’t know if it’s coincidental or not, but both of the human has an active cursed blood when we found them. We didn’t know if they have the blood active since the beginning or if there were some trigger that they got if those cells aren’t active since they was born. We weren’t able to finish the research, because the war with Count Dracula happened at that time.”
                        Their mind still tried to absorb the explanation of Yesung’s.
                        “We don’t need to worry then, that no one has The Cursed Blood here, so Jonghyun couldn’t arise Heechul,” Kang-in said after a long silent.
                        Yesung eyes darkened, “That’s the biggest problem actually.”
                        “What do you mean?”
                        “Actually the owner of The Cursed Blood is here.”
                        “Huh?!” Jinki, Sungmin, and Kang-in shouted in unison.
                        Yesung turned to face Siwon as he said, “The owner of The Cursed Blood is this Choi Siwon.”
                        The wolves and the vampires’s leader widened their eyes.
                        “Your son is the owner of The Cursed Blood?” Jinki asked.
                        “Yeah, I’ve just known about that recently. It’s so surprise me at first. I couldn’t believe it. But how can I deny my master and mistress now that they’re real. It’s kind of confusing at the beginning, but after listening to Master Yesung’s explanation, it makes much more sense now. The fact that I didn’t die after I turned Siwon into vampire prove that what Master Yesung’s told us is the truth.”
                        “I can’t smell the difference though,” Kang-in said as he sniffed at Siwon’s scent.
                        “Me, too,” Jinki said.
                        Yesung smile slightly, “Only the pure-bloods can tell the difference. His scent is intoxicating that what I really want is his blood to dry.”
                        They gasped, except Siwon.
                        “I just told the truth,” yesung shrugged.
                        “Since we couldn’t tell the difference that means Jonghyun couldn’t too, right?” Sungmin asked.
                        Yesung nodded.
                        “Then, we just have to keep this secret from Jonghyun,” Kang-in said.
                        “I think we are late,” Yesung said.
                        “What do you mean?”
                        “Jonghyun has known about Siwon. He even has attacked my son few days ago,” Minsuk said.
                        “But... how?” Sungmin asked, startled.
                        “They have a reader, too,” Yesung answered simply.
                        “Reader?” Jinki’s eyes widened.
                        “Yeah, although he isn’t as strong as Lizzy, he has read about Siwon.”
                        “!” Kang-in cursed.
                        Deep silent filled the room.