Chapter 28

The Guardian

hy guys, here is the update ^^

i make it longer since i know that i update this fic real slowly TT^TT

but i hope u will still reading this fic...

since got no beta until now, this chap is unbeta-ed... expect the grammar mistakes n typos... 

as usual, subscribes n comments are loved (i read them all although wasn't able to reply one by one, sorry >_

~witchagurl~

***

The sun hasn’t set completely, but all of the vampires on Choi’s mansion were ready. Most of them looked so anxious, their eyes shifted nervously every second. young men and woman were standing around the mansion, made a group of three-four people each.

Two hours ago, Minsuk called all of his vampires, explained that they should be ready because he believed thet there’d be attack to their house. He said he couldn’t explained completely to them, but he asked them to just believed in him. That they should stood to fight the attack because they are on the right side. Most of them still couldn’t accepted that, but with Jinki there, they didn’t have another choice but to believe it.

On the corner of the huge living room, Kyuhyun sat on the floor, he buried his face between his knees. He clutched his head tightly, made certain wolf looked at him in concern.

“Hey,” Sungmin touched Kyuhyun’s arm gently, made  the later jerked his head up in surprise, “You okay?” Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun flinched, but then nodded slightly, “My head hurts, too much visions that I get.”

Sungmin sighed, he took a seat beside Kyuhyun and leaned his head on the later’s shoulder. Kyuhyun was taken aback, but instantly he felt better with the comfortable weight in his shoulder. The wolf presence made him felt slightly better.

“Hyung,” Jinki called softly, surprised the wolf and his vampire companion.

“What’s wrong Jinki?”

“Hyung, you better go back to your coven,” Jinki said.

“What?! Why?” Sungmin couldn’t believe what he has just heard.

“I believe Jonghyun would attack your house too, hyung. Your coven need you, they need the leader to fight with them.”

“But Jinki I can’t leave,” Sungmin stood up, “I can’t leave you, and I can’t leave him,” he sent a glance to Kyuhyun.

“Bring him back with you then, Hyung,” Jinki said, “But you have to get back to your coven. You are their leader. You have responsibility of them.”

“But..”

“Hyung,” Jinki cut Sungmin off before he could continue.

Sungmin sighed then nodded. The sun was almost set now, he could bring Kyuhyun out without hurting him. He faced the vampire.

“Would you..,” Sungmin took a deep breath, “Would you come with me?”

Kyuhyun raised his brows, taken aback by the question. Why did on earth the wolf ask him to go with him.

“Why?” Kyuhyun asked curiously.

“I can’t leave you here,” Sungmin said.

“But I don’t even know you,”  Kyuhyun argued.

“You are my mate,” Sungmin exclaimed shortly.

“I.. what?!” Kyuhyun stood up in second.

“You are my mate,” Sungmin repeated, “That’s why I can’t leave you.”

Kyuhyun was stunned that he couldn’t formed a word.

“Please,” Sungmin pleaded.

Kyuhyun opened his mouth, but was cut off when Lizzy arrived before them in a lighting move.

“You better go with him, Kyuhyun,” Lizzy said, she reached Kyuhyun’s hand and squeezed it gently.

Kyuhyun looked at her for seconds, but then nodded. Lizzy smiled warmly and tip toed to plant a kiss on Kyuhyun’s temple.

Lizzy handed Kyuhyun’s hand to Sungmin, nodded to the wolf. Sungmin smiled gratefully at her. With his free hand, he pulled Jinki into a tight hug, “Be safe, brother,” he said.

Jinki nodded, “You too, hyung.”

Sungmin and Kyuhyun apporached Minsuk and explained that they had to leave, which was accepted by Minsuk. With a nod of understanding, the leader of choi’s family allowed them to leave. Sungmin used thick blanket to wrap Kyuhyun before brought him to the car that was waiting outside.

“Liz,” a called made the female vampire turned around.

“It’d be a hard battle, Yesung,” Lizzy said. She hasn’t told Yesung her last vision.

“I know,” Yesung answered.

“Wait here,” Lizzy said before disappeared from his vision.

Yesung raised his brows in curiousity but complied. A minute later, Lizzy has back to the front of him, in her hand she brought a long object wrapped in a black velvet satin.

“What is it, Liz?” Yesung asked.

Lizzy didn’t answered, she untied the red rope that binded the black fabric, then slowly peeled away the cloth to reveal a familiar thing from his past.

“This...” Yesung reached for the sword in Lizzy’s hand, “How did you find it?”

Yesung smiled softly when his palm wrapped around the handle. He observed the sword closely. His fingers traced the sliver wire that wrapped the hilt. The black and silver coloured of the sheath gleamed under the lamp.

He drew the sword, it slid out  soundlessly. The sword was as perfect as he remembered. The flat blade was silver and gleamed dangerously yet so beautifully. The keen edges curved gracefully into a sharp point. He swing the sword, tried the balance and smiled when he found that it felt so powerful in his hand.

“I though I’ve lost it in our last battle,” Yesung slipped the sword back into the sheath.

“One of my source found it years ago,” Lizzy explained, “He recognized the symbol of the guardian. And your name was carved on the blade.”

Yesung touch the symbol that was embedded on the handle. A complicated line that formed a dragon form in a black ink. It was Alicia’s idea, since she really loved that myth creature. She could spend hours just to draw various paint of dragons.

“Why didn’t you give me this sword earlier, Liz?” Yesung asked.

“I didn’t want to remind you of the past Yesung,” Lizzy said softly, “That’s why I never gave it to you. But I think now is the right time for that sword to get back to its owner.”

Yesung smiled and pulled Lizzy into a hug, “Thank you.” Lizzy nodded and hugged him back.

***

The atmosphere was heavy with the tense that raised with each second that passed. Each vampires glance nervously to the door.

“They are coming,” Lizzy whispered softly, but enough for the other vampires to hear that.

They changed their pose, ready to fight anyone that would passed the door.

Standing right in front of the door were Yesung and Lizzy. Siwon was put in the back, surrounded by the his vampires, Minsuk, and Jinki. At first he refused to be put in the back, he wanted to fight alongside with Yesung. But Lizzy said he would just caused a difficulties for her and Yesung if so. Reluctantly, Siwon complied her words.

With a loud sound, the door was broken into pieces. Yesung tightened his grip on the sword on his hand. Next to her, Lizzy crouched down slightly, ready to leap.

Two figures entered the front door confidently. Their youthful faces showed no fear. Their black eyes gleamed as they observed the room.

One of them, smirked evilly as he saw the fear that flashed on low rank vampires’ faces, “Seems like an easy job, right Minho?”

The other one nodded in agreement.

“What are they,” Yesung could heard the vampires in the back whispered to each other. He focused his gaze to the boys before him.

Yesung,’ he heard Lizzy voice echoed on his mind, ‘They are blixes.’

Yesung widened his eyes in surprise. It was hard to believe that the boys before them were blixes.

Blixes were magical beings in human form that can exert power over others through a bite. No one knew how they were born. Lots of people misconcepted them as vampires. But they were different to vampire. they didn’t drink blood. They drained the life of the others creature to survive. Through their bite, they could control others while they were sleeping and also temporaly reanimated the death into zombies. Their venom was much poisonous than the vampire’s.

On their duty as the guardians in the past, they have encountered those kind of creatures. The blixes killed every humans in some villages to they point it couldn’t be ignored by the guardians. They brought their high rank vampires to hunt the blixes.

It was a hard and bloody battle that they lost lots of their vampires. Even a high rank vampire couldn’t kill a blixe alone. Fortunately, the guardians and the rest vampires that were survived could kill all the blixes.

Are you sure, Liz?’, Yesung asked her.

‘Yes’, Lizzy answered, ‘Look at their eyes, Yesung, only the blixes that have those kind of eyes’.

!’, Yesung cursed in his mind.

He straightened his body, made both blixes focused their gaze on him.

“What are you doing in this place?” Yesung asked, “I don’t remember that we have something to do with the creatures like you.”

The taller one raised one of his brows, “You know what are we?”

“A filthy creatures that i thought aren’t exist anymore,” Yesung said through a gritted teeth.

Instead of being offended, the shorter one was laughing, “I never thought there are people that recognize us. You are interesting.” He took a step forward, “I want you.”

“Taemin,” the taller warned, his gaze back to Yesung, “How did you recognize us?”

“I’ve killed your kind before,” Yesung answered coldly, “They killed too much humans.”

The taller one, Minho’s face darkened, “What make us different to you, huh, vampire? You kill humans to survive too.”

“But we didn’t play with our meal like your kind did,” Yesung answered, “Your kind thought it’s funny to drain the life of a child in front of their parent, control people to kill the ones that they loved in front of their family, reanimated the death to fight their family that weren’t able to hurt them although they realized the one before them is zombie. Such a filthy creature,” Yesung spat his last words.

“But it’s funny,” Taemin said, “Just imagining that make me want to laugh,” and laughed he did.

Yesung hissed. He jumped toward Minho. His sword cut the empty air as the blixes dodged his attack. He turned around in the right time when Minho tried to jump on his back. He hit the handle of his sword on Minho’s stomach as he twirled around.

He yanked Minho’s arm that grabbed his neck and tried to cut it. But the blixe kicked his chest hardly that his grip loosened.

Yesung heard multiple gasps in the room that made him turned to Lizzy. Lizzy were surrounded by some humans – no, zombies for exact – that tried to tear her up. He didn’t realize when the zombies entered the mansion, but on the side he could see Taemin stood still. His face full of concentration. He must be the one that control the zombies, Yesung thought. Yesung changed his direction and striked toward Taemin.

He was stopped by Minho that launched himself on him. The addition weight brought them fell on the floor. Yesung tried to push Minho off of him with his free hand. The later hold his grip on Yesung’s hand that gripped the sword.

Minho duck in, tried to bite his neck. Yesung’s free hand shot upward and grabbed Minho by his neck, forced him to stop few inch above his own.

Minho struggle tried to break free, gave Yesung a chance to use his knee to kick Minho’s stomach hard.

Minho gasped and release his hold on Yesung. Yesung swing his sword and cut Minho across his chest.

The blixe shrieked in agony as his blood – black - flowed from his wound. Yesung pushed him with all his strength, sent him flied across the room.

Yesung took  a glance on his surrounding. It was a mess. Many more zombies have entered the house, along with Jonghyun’s vampires. Both attack Choi’s vampires. He could see Lizzy has killed lots of the zombies by tearing them apart and now tried to made her way toward Taemin. He looked around for Siwon. And found him with Jinki and Minsuk, they were fighting against some high rank vampires. They were cornered when some zombies joined Jonghyun’s vampires.

He run while swing his sword to the both of his side, cut the creatures that once were humans into pieces with a speed that couldn’t be followed by humans eyes.

In seconds, he arrived on Siwon’s place. With a gracefull moves, he stabbed, cut,  and sliced both zombies and Jonghyun’s vampires. Some tried to attack him, but none wasn’t even able to leave a scratch in unblemished skin.

“Are you okay?” Yesung asked Siwon. The later nodded, he got few scratch, but that’s all. They moved toward Jinki and Minsuk, and together they killed the zombies and vampires as many as they could.

Suddenly he heard a scream from upstair.

It was eunhyuk’s.

Yesung turned to Siwon who just said, “Go!” Yesung nodded and made his way upstair.

He found Donghae unconscious in front of his room and got a bad feeling. He couldn’t supress a gasp of horror when he found Minho has unsconscious Eunhyuk in his arm. The blixe was ready to bite Eunhyuk, when Yesung came in.

He smirked evilly but then turned and jumped toward the window, broke the glass as he made his way out.

Yesung growled in anger but followed his movement. Soundless, his feet landed on the ground.

Yesung! Jonghyun is here, come here and help Siwon! I can’t do that since this ing blixe is really hard to bring down’, Lizzy panicked voice echoed on his mind.

I can’t Liz, the other blixe brought eunhyuk, I hurted him badly, I’m sure he need Eunhyuk to heal his wound’, Yesung explained, ‘I need to save him’.

‘But Yesung...’

‘I think it’s how the thing’s done, Liz. Remember your vision, Heechul would surely coming back’.

‘Are you sure?’

Yesung inhaled a deep breath, ‘Yes’.

There’s a pause for a moment.

‘I understand. Save that human, Yesung’.

Yesung followed Eunhyuk’s scent to the deserted building. He entered the broken building. In the middle of empty hall, the blixe was crouching down on Eunhyuk’s side.

Without a sound, Yesung run to them. He yanked the blixe off of his brother and threw him toward the wall. He approached the blixe, that started stood up. He could clearly see that his wound was healed.

The anger raised on Yesung. He raised his sword and stabbed it to the blixe. Minho used both of his hand to stop the sword. His blood smelled so disgusting in Yesung’s nose.

With his strength, he pulled the sword back then swing it to slice Minho’s neck. The blixe barely dodged it, but managed it in the last second. Minho used his foot to bring Yesung down to the floor. With the collision, the sword was flung away of Yesung’s grip.

Both of them used their strength to get the upper position. They rolled across the floor, tried to hurt their opponent using their fangs. Yesung finallly got the upperhand, he grabbed both of Minho’s wrist and broke them with a sickening sound.

A loud agony shriek from the blixe didn’t pull any pity from the pureblood. He yanked the wrists hardly, disconnected them from the shoulders.

He released the wrists and with both his hand, he strangled Minho’s neck. a loud crack was heard when Yesung crushed the neck completely.

A silence envelope the building instantly. But soon it was broken by the soft pants coming from the only human there.

Yesung pulled Eunhyuk into his lap. He could feel the life that started leaving the human. Eunhyuk face was pale, his lips changed colour into a blue while his temperature dropped drastically.

He was hovering the human, “Hyukkie, Hyukkie, please wake up,” Yesung pleaded in between his sobs, “Wake up.”

He shook the human frantically, but got no response. He hugged his human brother tightly , “Hyukkie, Hyukkie.”

Yesung jerked his head upward, there’s a choice here. He pulled Eunhyuk into a sitting position. Tilting Eunhyuk’s head slightly, Yesung found two identical tiny holes, bite wound of the blixe. He positioned his fangs on the holes and the blood into his mouth.

The taste of the human blood was tainted by the bitter taste of the blixe’s poison. He all the poison out of Eunhyuk’s sistem. He just stopped when the bitter taste was removed completely. He could only heard a weak heartbeat from Eunhyuk.

Using his nail, Yesung made a cut on his wrists. Then he put his wrist on Eunhyuk’s mouth, tilted his head slightly so that his blood flowed to his throat.

“Drink it, Hyukkie, drink it all,” Yesung murmured, encouraged the human.

He stopped when he felt Eunhyuk got enough of his blood. Just when he the wound on Eunhyuk’s neck closed, his heartbeat reach its end.

Now he could only waited. Reached his sword then lifted the human bridal style, Yesung walked back to the mansion.