chapter 21

The Guardian

 

                       hy... sorry for the long update.... but here it is, the next update,,,, please do comment and subscribe.... ^^
***
 
                       “Please meet me on Minsuk’s house tonight,” Yesung said to Jinki and the wolves once they left the room.
                       “Of course, master,” Jinki answered.
                       As they arrived on the front door, Key was waiting there.
                        He eyed Yesung curiously but said nothing.
                        Yesung bowed to Key slightly as they passed him.
                        “Who is he, Jinki?” Key asked as Yesung, Siwon, Minsuk, and the wolves were out of their sight.
                        “He is Minsuk’s acquintance. His old friend,” Jinki said. He felt bad. He never hide anything from Key. But it was his master’s order; of course he had to keep it.
                        “He is so strong. His aura kind of intimidates me,” Key said.
                        “Let’s say that he came from the place where the strongest can keep alive,” Jinki said simply.
                        Key raised his brows but accepted the answer.
                        “Is there a problem when I wasn’t here?” Jinki said.
                        Key understood the meaning behind Jinki’s question.
                        “No, everything is alright.”
                        “What about him?” Jinki asked.
                        “Jonghyun just gave me a greeting,” Key answered.
                        “Is he…?”
                        “No Jinki, he still act as cold as usual. He wouldn’t be back to the previous Jonghyun that we know,” Key said. His voice filled with the hurt.
                        Jinki reached Key and wrapped his arms around him and hugged the man tight.
                        “Don’t worry, I’m sure we’ll get the old Jonghyun back,” Jinki said. He planted a chaste kiss on Key’s lips. It gained a soft smile from the diva as he did that.
***
                        Meanwhile....
                        “These new information that we’ve just got really makes me confuse,” Kang-in complained as he and Sungmin on their way back to their house.
                        “Me too,” Sungmin agreed, “I thought that finally we could live in peace but maybe we have to wait for a while to get that.”
                        ”Don’t worry. We’ll make sure that we solve this problem as soon as possible. But honestly, I also missed the fight with those bloodsuckers. Maybe this would help me get off of my nerves,” Kang-in said.
                        Sungmin rolled his eyes, but agreed nonetheless. He missed the fight too.
***
                        Siwon stole a glance on Yesung once a while. They drove on their own, while Minsuk needed to do something else. He then stopped the car on the roadside.
                        The pure-blooded looked so distant he didn’t realize the car has stopped.
                        Siwon reached Yesung hand and touched it slightly, “Are you okay?”
                        Yesung jump in surprise slighly, “Wha..? Oh, I’m okay.”
                        Siwon raised his brows in disbelief.
                        “It’s just that it’s been long time since I left Korea. This place sometimes reminds me about my parents,” Yesung answered.
                        Siwon smiled softly, “Do you miss them?”
                        “Kind of, but it’s been long time, so it’s okay now,” Yesung shrugged.
                        “What about you?” Yesung asked after the silence filled the air for a while.
                        “I miss my parents, too. I was really angry at ma father back then when I was changed. How on earth was I changed into a creature that killed my parents? But when I looked at Donghae, I realized if my father didn’t change us, I would lose Donghae too. He is like my own little brother since we grew up together. So I decided to accept this new self of mine. I’m stronger now, I can protect people that I love, and I wouldn’t let anyone hurt people that I love.”
                        Yesung looked at Siwon and gave him a beautiful smile.
                        Yesung’s smile made Siwon’s heart stopped for second (wait… his heart has stopped since years ago, sorry ^^v). Yesung’s smile made a warm spread on his heart. And before he could stop himself, Siwon reached Yesung’s face and kissed him.
                        It was a tender kiss. Confusion, concern, happiness were blended in that small kiss.
                        Siwon leaned backward and looked kind of embarrassed.
                        “Sorry,” he muttered under his breath.
                        Yesung sighed and pulled Siwon toward him. They kissed for the second time, more passionate this time.
                        Their tongue met and fought for dominance. They savored each other’s mouth and tasted every corner of their hot cavern.
                        Siwon smiled to the kiss. He loved the own taste of Yesung, but there’s a hint of mint on Yesung’s mouth too that made him wanted to taste it forever.  While Yesung, he enjoyed the kiss as much as he enjoy the smell of the cursed blood that filled his nostril right then.
                        Although the smell of the blood burned his throat, he couldn’t let it go of his sense. He just couldn’t bring himself to reject the strong scent yet intoxicating but also hurt him so much
                        Yesung placed his finger on Siwon’s neck. Trace the veins under the flawless skin there. He broke the kiss and nuzzled on Siwon’s neck, inhaled a deep breath. Siwon let out a soft sigh.
                        Before he completely lost himself in the desire, Yesung moved his face off Siwon.
                        Siwon looked at Yesung confusedly.
                        “We can’t,” Yesung said simply.
                        “Why?”
                        “I wouldn’t able to stop myself. Your blood scent is stronger to me now that I’ve tasted it.”
                        Siwon nodded in understanding.
                        They continued the drive to home in silent. Not awkward but comfortable silence.
***
                        “Kyuhyun!” Jonghyun called as he arrived at his mansion.
                        Jonghyun’s anger raised as he got no answer. He stormed to the only place where Kyuhyun usually spent his time.
                        He opened the library’s door with full force.
                        Kyuhyun was reading a book while listening to the music through the headphone jump in surprise.
                        “Master,” he bowed as he put off the headphone.
                        In a blink, Jonghyun has grabbed Kyuhyun’s throat.
                        “Why didn’t you answer when I called you?” Jonghyun asked.
                        “I’m sorry master, I didn’t hear you,” Kyuhyun answered.
                        Jonghyun released his grip and took a step backward. His icy glare made Kyuhyun shudder in fear. His eyes were bloodshot and Kyuhyun could see the flame of anger there.
                        “There was a man who came on the meeting tonight. He is the same man who saved Choi Siwon from our vampires. Why didn’t you tell me about him earlier?” Jonghyun asked in deathly tone.
                        “I...I didn’t get a vision about him master,” Kyuhyun answered as he looked downward.
                        “How could that happen?”
                        “I don’t know master.”
                        “I’ve told you before Kyuhyun, I never like it if you gave me unclear answer.”
                        “I’m sorry master,” Kyuhyun said.
                        He gasped as Jonghyun pulled his neck toward him.
                        Without hesitation, Jonghyun stabbed his fangs on Kyuhyun’s neck.
                        Kyuhyun winced in pain but didn’t let any sound out as the blood spilled to Jonghyun’s mouth. He started to struggle as Jonghyun continued to his blood for the next minutes. His eyes started to blur and he got a severe headache. The burning sensation spread on veins from the venom of Jonghyun’s bite on his neck.
                        Jonghyun released him when Kyuhyun reached his edge.
                        “Never disappoint me anymore, I would never hesitant to make your life a living hell,” he left Kyuhyun in a blink of an eye.
                        “As if you haven’t put me in hell,” Kyuhyun muttered.
                        He stumbled to the corridor and asked one of the vampires to bring him the packs of blood to replace the blood that Jonghyun drank.