Chapter 26

The Guardian

gawd... can't believe that i've got more than 150 subscribers already... XD

i'm soooo, sooooo happy....

i know that i update this fic real slowly  T.T

but it's nearing the end of smster n i got a bunch of final assignments to finish...

so i've been really busy this last month...

i'm sorry that i can't thank each of my subscribers personally n reply any comments that you posted...

but believe me, i read them all and i love all of those comments..

you do know that comments always cheer a writer up, right? ^^

so don't hesitant to drop ur comment here....

well, my final exams would start next week...

wish me luck and got a good result...

and HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS, I LOVE YOU ALL... (:

p.s : since i still haven't got my beta back, this chappy is unbeta-ed, sorry for the typos n grammar mistakes, but still i hope u'll enjoy this update,,, ^^

***

 

Without any difficulty, Sungmin brought the bundle of curtain that wrapped Kyuhyun in to Choi’s Mansion.

Yesung groaned as they entered the house, making Sungmin looked at him curiously.

“It can’t be,” Yesung whispered.

“What?” Sungmin raised his brows.

The answer was coming in the form of a foreign girl that dashed toward Yesung and hugged him tightly.

“Hey kiddo,” the foreigner greeted Yesung happily while she messed his hair up.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’ll come here?” Yesung asked as he tried to pry her off of him.

The foreigner pouted as she folded her arms in front of her chest.

“Don’t you happy that you meet me here?” she asked.

“No,” yesung answered immediately, “When did you arrive?”

The girl scowled, but then she smiled brightly, “Well, I don’t buy that. I know that you’re glad to meet me, you love me after all,” she said confidentally.

Yesung just rolled his eyes.

“I came a half of hour ago, anyway,” the girl said.

Someone cleared their throat, made the three looked at the source.

It was Minsuk. Behind him were Donghae, Eunhyuk, Siwon, and Jinki.

“Hyung,” eunhyuk approached Yesung and hugged him tightly, “I’m glad you’re okay.”

Yesung smiled softly while he caressed Eunhyuk’s hair, “Of course I’m okay, Hyukkie.”

“Aww... that’s so cute,” Lizzy clapped her hands happily.

Sungmin put the bundle of ther curtain on the floor. Then Lizzy crouched down before it, carefully unwrapped the curtain.

Kyuhyun moved into a defending pose in the second once he was freed. He looked around frantically, fear clearly shown on his face.

“Hey, it’s okay,” Sungmin said softly as he took a step forward toward him. Kyuhyun hissed and moved backward. He didn’t put his guard down.

“I won’t hurt you, please believe me,” Sungmin said, but Kyuhyun took one more step backward.

With a lightning move, Lizzy stood in front of Kyuhyun. Silence enveloped the room while both of the reader just examined each other.

“Who are you?” Kyuhyun managed a question in hesitant voice. He could feel the  strong aura of power that emitted from her and wondered why he never had a vision about her in the first place. His well being felt like it was pulled toward the presence of her.

Lizzy smiled softly as she reached for Kyuhyun. She put her hand on his cheek, not caressed it but just touched it, “So many hurts that you’ve got, little one,” she said with a soft voice. Smiled slightly as Kyuhyun leaned on her touch.

Sungmin would lie if he said he didn’t jealous by the affection that Lizzy showed toward Kyuhyun. But it’s clearly shown that she calmed Kyuhyun down. and for that second, he more concerned on Kyuhyun’s well being. Seeing his mate in such a fear really hurted his heart. Beside that, he could see that the way Lizzy looked at Kyuhyun was like the way of a loving mother look at her child.

Lizzy then pulled Kyuhyun into a hug, and that surprised everyone on the room, without a second thought, he hugged her back.

The calmness instantly washed away all the fear that Kyuhyun felt. He felt protected in the arms of that stranger girl.

Gently, Lizzy broke the hug, “Don’t worry little one, no one gonna hurt you here.” She averted her gaze to sungmin.

Sungmin widened his eyes when he heard a voice echoed inside his head, ‘Don’t worry, he’ll come to you for sure.’ Sungmin looked at Lizzy as she gave him a sweet smile.

“Take a rest little one,” Lizzy said as he caressed Kyuhyun’s hair. Then she turned to Minsuk and nodded slightly.

“Donghae, please take Kyuhyun to his room,” Minsuk ordered his younger son that nodded instantly.

Kyuhyun looked at Lizzy worriedly but she just pushed him gently toward Donghae and nodded reassuringly.

Hesitantly, Kyuhyun followed Donghae that pulled Eunhyuk with him.

***

Now that Kyuhyun has left, the remaining people gathered on Minsuk’s workroom.

Once a while, Sungmin took a glance toward the door. He really wanted to accompany his mate. But he knew he couldn’t, since there’s a more important thing to take care of.

“Is any of you hurt?” Minsuk asked with a concern.

Both Sungmin and Yesung shook his head.

“No, there’s no serious injury, but that was close,” Sungmin said, “That man is really dangerous.”

Yesung took a glance at Jinki, that averted his gaze slightly, sadness could be seen on his eyes.

“We have to get ready, I’m sure as hell that he would take revenge,” Sungmin said.

The others nodded in agreement. Lizzy looked like that she was in a deep thought, Yesung realized.

“What’s wrong?” yesung nudged her.

“Eh,” Lizzy was surprised, “No, it’s nothing.”

But Yesung could clearly see that there’s something that she hid.

“It’s better that we take a rest, I’m sure that Jonghyun isn’t stupid enough to attack us in the daylight,” Jinki suggested.

Everyone agreed with him, so one by one they left the room.

“Wait,” Siwon grabbed Yesung’s wrist, instantly stopped him on his track. Then he dragged Yesung toward the kitchen that was empty.

“Are you really okay?” Siwon asked.

Yesung sighed but nodded, “I’m fine.”

Siwon pulled him into a hug and nuzzled his face on Yesung’s neck, “You don’t know how worried I was, waiting for you to come back safely.”

Yesung smiled as he wrapped his arms around Siwon’s torso, “I’m sorry for making you worry, but I’ve already told you that I’ll be fine, remember?”

“But, still..”

“Siwon, stop it. I’m here with you now, that’s what matter,” Yesung said. He pulled back and looked Siwon at his eyes, “Go take a rest. We need to be ready for anything that’d come tonight.”

Siwon sighed, “Come with me?”

Yesung shook his head, “I need to talk to Lizzy. You go first, okay?”

“But..”

“Go.”

Without a word, Siwon kissed Yesung’s lips gently. The kiss was so sweet yet desperate. Siwon pulled back and looked at Yesung deeply, he caressed Yesung’s cheek and smiled slightly before turned around and left him alone.

Following Lizzy’s scent, Yesung find her on the library.

She pulled one book then took a seat. She glanced toward Yesung as she felt his presence, “Hy.”

Yesung approached her and took a seat across of her.

“Tell me what’s wrong, Liz,” Yesung said to the point.

She didn’t give an immediate answer and continued to look through the pages of book that laid in front of her slowly.

“Liz,” Yesung called impatiently.

“We can do nothing, Yesung,” she finally said after a minute of silence.

“What do you mean?”

“Heechul would surely come back,” she said in a low voice.

“What?! How..?!”

“I’ve got the vision about it, Yesung, and it’s final. We can’t prevent it.”

“Then, do you mean that what we’ve done is just useless?” he couldn’t help but raised his voice.

“Of course not,” Lizzy answered, “You saved Eunhyuk. And now you saved Kyuhyun too.”

“Liz..”

“Listen Yesung, I don’t know the detail of the future yet, I just got a vision that we can’t prevent the war. That he would be back. But believe me that we would beat him down. We have to. We couldn’t let him hurt anyone.”

“Is there another choice, Liz?”

She shook her head, then took Yesung’s hand and squeezed it gently, “Its inevitable, Yesung. But no matter what happen later, we have to do our best to protect everyone. We’ll make sure to kill him completely that no one could ressurect him again. It’s our job, as the guardian.”