chapter 13

The Guardian

 

just feeling like updating 2day, now that i've finished study for my 2morrow exam.

hope it's comes out good enough for you..

comments are loved...(:

***

Lee Sungmin, also known as the leader of werewolves, skin walkers, lycans or anything they called it, was really bored.

He played with the half-cooked steak (werewolves in my imagination ate the cooked foods ^^v, it’s just gross if they ate the raw meat :P) on his plate as his mind wandered around.

He didn’t know why, but he just got a feeling that something bad would happen. He couldn’t ease the feeling that problem would come soon.

He sighed and left the dining room. The werewolves, male and female, under his responsibility, made a little group here and there, did a various things. But all of them stopped their activities and nodded respectfully toward him as he passed them.

The well-build man stopped him on his track.

“What’s going on? You looked so... disturbed?” Kang-in asked.

Kang-in was his confidant also known as his bestfriend. They met since the first days Sungmin has changed into werewolf years ago. Kang-in was the one that support him all the days where he adapted to his new life until the nowadays time where he got the highest position as the leader of all the werewolves.

Sometimes Sungmin wondered why Kang-in didn’t have an intention to be the leader of the werewolves. In Sungmin’s eyes, Kang-in had all the conditions to be a good leader. Power, charisma, bravery, and the loyalty from the other werewolves.

Loyalty, that was what Sungmin and Kang-in got after all the fights that they got involved. The fights with the vampires to protect their families and territories.

Both of them had a high boldness as they always took the front side of all the fights. They never cared anything once they entered the fight field. The only thought on their mind was to kill vampires as much as possible.

They fight wildly and harshly, used their fangs to rip vampires body into two. The claws, that as sharp as blade, tear the vampire apart. They ignored about the wounds that they got from the vampires. It’s hurt to death, but it fueled them up instead.

Because the actions that they’ve showed, all werewolves respected them. So when the previous leader was killed, every werewolves wanted them to take the position of leader. Intially, the werewolves clans were split up into two. One side wanted Kang-in to be the leader while the other side wanted Sungmin.

But Kang-in told them that he never wanted to be the leader. He admitted that he was short tempered and sometimes made unwise decisions. But especially because he liked his free life, he didn’t like to be bother by the responsibility to act all good and careful as a leader. So he passed in the position to Sungmin.

At the beginning, Sungmin refused. But because Kang-in told that he would always by his side to support him, he accepted that.

Although formally the leader was Sungmin, but in the fact, he and Kang-in had an equal authority to make the decisions for the families.

“Nothing, I just got a bad feeling,” Sungmin answered.

“Maybe because of  the meeting tonight. Which werewolf on earth would be happy when they have to in the same place with the bunch of blood-ers,” Kang-in said, didn’t bother to hide the hatred in his words.

“Yah! That’s my brother that you talk about,” Sungmin protested.

Kang-in rolled his eyes, “I don’t mind about Jinki, Sungmin. He is the nicest one of their kind, the other vampire clan’s leaders that I talk about.”

“I’ve told you that there’s no need to hate each other anymore, Kang-in. It’s been long enough that we reconciled with them.”

“But I can’t bring myself to like them, Sungmin. It’s just that they was filled with falseness. They smiled and acted all kind toward us, but they would never let go any chance to stab our back when we turned around.”

Sungmin sighed, “I understand. But please, when you accompany me tonight, don’t make any trouble, Kang-in.”

Kang-in smiled softly, “I’ll try my best. You know that I just do this because of you and your brother . If it isn’t because of the kindness and respect that Jinki has given to us, I’d be really glad to rip their heads off their bodies whenever I met them.”

Sungmin smiled slightly, “Thanks Kang-in.”

“No need to thanks me, Sungmin-ah. I love both of you as my brothers as you know, so iI’ll always be by your side to support you two.”

***

Yesung just got back from the dinner with Eunhyuk when Donghae knocked his door.

“I’m sorry if I bothered you, but Appa want to talk to you,” Donghae explained as he faced Yesung.

“Ah, I see. Then, can you accompany Eunhyuk while I meet your father, Donghae?” Yesung asked.

Yesung smiled as he heard Eunhyuk’s heart beat faster.

“Okay,” Donghae smiled and nodded.

Yesung closed the door and left them alone.

“Is it hurt?” Donghae asked. His hand touch the bruise on the corner of Eunhyuk’s lips gently. Then he made a trace upward toward the bruise on Eunhyuk’s temple.

Eunhyuk smiled and shook his head, “Not really.”

“Who has done this to you, Hyukkie?” Donghae asked. There could be seen an anger on his eyes.

“Just a bad person that stumble on my life, Hae. I don’t want to talk about him anymore.”

Donghae sighed but nodded.

“I’m sorry, it’s just looking at you like this make me want to rip his head for hurting you.”

Eunhyuk was so surprised that he said the first word on his mind, “Why?”

Donghae pulled his hand and looked downward, “I don’t know honestly. I just feel that I want to protect you no matter what happen since we first meet.”

“Hae...” Eunhyuk called him softly, made Donghae looked upward at him.

“Thank you. You know, I really feel save and happy when I’m with you actually,” Eunhyuk continued, smiled.

Donghae was mersmerized for second as his heart made a little jump by the feeling that he never felt before.

“You’re so beautiful when you smile,” Donghae said.

Eunhyuk blushed and looked downward.

But Donghae just lifted his face, “Especially when you’re blushing like this.”

“Yah!”

Eunhyuk’s face reddened if that possible. The next second, the atmosphere was changed. It’s getting hotter and more intense for them.

Donghae looked straight at Eunhyuk’s eyes. His gaze, it’s burned Eunhyuk inside.

They didn’t break their gaze as Donghae leaned forward and captured Eunhyuk’s lips with his.

For seconds, they looked at each other as their lips pressed gently, tasted each other for the first time. As the seconds that passed, Eunhyuk closed his eyes and give in on the kiss.

He gasped when Donghae nipped his lower lip and it gently. Donghae didn’t let go the chance, he slipped his tongue inside. Tasted the entire of the hot cavern that has slight sweet strawberry taste there.

Eunhyuk moaned slightly as Donghae’s tongue brushed against his. Donghae placed one of his hand on the lower part of his spine and the other on his neck, pulled him closer, deepened the kiss.

But the kiss was broken when Eunhyuk yelped in pain.

Donghae’s fangs accidentally slashed Eunhyuk’s lips.

Donghae snapped out instantly as he tasted a blood on his lips.

He widened his eyes as he eyed the blood dripped from the wound of Eunhyuk’s lips.

“Oh, God! Are you okay, Hyukkie?” Donghae asked worriedly, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to...”

“Sssh, I’m okay, Hae. Don’t worry,” Eunhyuk smiled reassuringly.

“But you’re bleeding. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t...”

Eunhyuk place his index finger on Donghae’s lips to stop him, then he wiped the blood off his lips, “Look, it’s not a deep cut. It would be okay.”

Donghae sighed and mouthed ‘I’m sorry’ against Eunhyuk’s finger without a sound.

Eunhyuk nodded, “I’ve told you it’s okay. So stop apologize to me, okay?”

“Yeah. Sorr...” Donghae said but stopped when Eunhyuk glared at him.